• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

frogg609

TheFuryMGS3 said:
You fucking know it!

All jokes aside I am pretty pumped.

Just curious what's the gauge on those? I've never seen the white one before, very different. I'm a 870 fan myself, but those are very very nice.

angelfly

166iu10.jpg

9s6v80.jpg

Borderlands, 999, and Cubic Ninja

frogg609 said:
Just curious what's the gauge on those? I've never seen the white one before, very different. I'm a 870 fan myself, but those are very very nice.

Both are 12's. I LOVE my 870, great gun.

LivingDigital said:
Absolutely sick. Auto or Quartz? Case Dimensions?

It's the Marine Automatic.

I love how simple it is, I can't be doing with watches that have dials all over the place. Although one of my favourite things about it is that on the back you can see through to the watch mechanism as it ticks away.

LivingDigital

Neo Member
Harry_Tequila said:
It's the Marine Automatic.

I love how simple it is, I can't be doing with watches that have dials all over the place. Although one of my favourite things about it is that on the back you can see through to the watch mechanism as it ticks away.

I only own one chronograph, but I agree some of them go a little over board on the dials. Do you know if its sapphire crystal or recessed mineral glass?

Acrylic7 said:
Where did you get this? I nee........ want one.

GunBroker.com, you can also try GunsAmerica.com.

Got it for a steal also, make sure to email the sellers and see want they will really take.

Acrylic7

TheFuryMGS3 said:
GunBroker.com, you can also try GunsAmerica.com.

Got it for a steal also, make sure to email the sellers and see want they will really take.
and so the legend of Acrylic7 begins.

Shadow780 said:
http://i.imgur.com/DYOKl.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/R460H.jpg[IMG]

[B]Also went to the [URL="http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/"]Distant Worlds[/URL] concert in NYC:
[/B]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NKbev.jpg[IMG]

Got Nobuo and Arnie to sign the [URL="http://www.rpgfan.com/soundtracks/ff-finest/index.html"]FF Finest Box[/URL] soundtrack

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rXBTh.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

When did this happen?

Thoraxes

First off, I bought my Cap and Gown. Graduation is only a month AWAY! I've already got all my grad school plans settled, and i'm excited for more knowledge! If you are wondering, yes, that is a pink tassel. Pink is the color for Music. Apparently lots of women were asking how they could get the "cute pink tassels"; they left sad.
IMG_0676.jpg

Second, I got a new pair of glasses finally! Have been wearing a pair on and off that were my prescription from the 8th grade. I'm now a senior in college. The reason I waited so long: I switched to contacts and didn't ever think to buy a new pair till now.
IMG_0670.jpg

Additionally I got:
Cosmo Black Nintendo 3DS
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
Nintendogs + Cats
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 3DS
A random shirt from shirt.woot.com from their random bag sale (5 Second Rule)
An SD card reader so I can look at other people's awesome 3DS photos as well as share my own

I have spent way too much for this month. 3ds + 2 games last week, now these:

_MG_5221-1.jpg

_MG_5197.jpg

Angry Birds and Japan Society's [<3] Rabbit Theme

My favorite game of the bunch:
_MG_5211.jpg

OH MY GOODNESSSSSSSS x999, Can't put this game down!!!!!!!!!!

Smokey

lantus said:
Samsung Series 7 46" LED 3D TV

imag0047aa.jpg

TRON Legacy 3D Blu-Ray

imag0046wd.jpg

Crysis 2, and The 3rd Birthday

imag0048jp.jpg

Pretty good haul for last month and first week of April. :) Love playing Crysis in 3D, Killzone 3 and Gran Turismo not so much. Just need to find a good stand for that bad boy, any recommendations people?

gaming lag? good....bad?

Stubo

lantus said:
Samsung Series 7 46" LED 3D TV
imag0047aa.jpg
I love the X-stand on this, not sure if there's a name for it. Looks awesome! (I still have an R87 Samsung 26" 720p TV, I'm jealous of basically every TV pickup in these threads)

snap0212

Got my copy of 1001 Video Games you must play before you die. :) It's not really a book you read in bed, but perfect to just browse through from time to time. Definitely worth the money!

hOWce.jpg

62RXV.jpg

Mik2121

I've bought some other stuff, but this is what I had around now:

ZIgKF.jpg

MacBook Pro 15" (158,000 Yen)
Akira's Tetsuo figure (450 Yen / ~$5)
Halo Reach Noble Six figure (2400 Yen / $28)

Prices in dollars are a bit higher now because of the yen to dollar exchange, but here they are normal prices. I will be posting some more ~$5 figures here whenever I get more.

Also a cookie for whoever can guess what's the movie playing in the background.

And a few extra pics:

vaGRu.jpg

7aNw9.jpg

TkO1a.jpg

Gong

My STG obsession continues:

DSC00668.jpg

I'd forgotten that I'd pre-ordered this, a nice surprise when it turned up this morning :)

LivingDigital said:
I only own one chronograph, but I agree some of them go a little over board on the dials. Do you know if its sapphire crystal or recessed mineral glass?
Sapphire crystal on the front and back I believe.

SDC11860.jpg

Adding to my ever growing collection of photographic devices.

Canon 550 D + 18-55mm standard lens
Tameron Macro AF 70 -300mm
2 x LED nightlights

Expensive month.
Also picked up Crysis 2 on my steam account.

GljmC.jpg

1 - New Moleskine, with custom made penholder.

FTZFo.jpg

2 - New Puma's. Third pair of shoes/sneakers this year. I don't feel bad.

zJWqA.jpg

3 - Some literature. Chris Anderson's Free. Seth Godin's Poke the Box. Scott Stratten's UnMarketing. Bought these partly out of interest, partly for my graduation research.

EVERY WII OWNER NEEDS TO BUY THESE GAMES!!!!!!!!! Got all 3 for $13.09 at Gamestop today via their "buy 2 get 1 free" sale that ends tomorrow.

Blast Works - $6 at Gamestop.

Apparently this game also includes these 3 unlock-able shmups:
Gunroar
rRootage
Torus Trooper

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307679

Mercury Meltdown Revolution - $5 at Gamestop.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203318

Ultimate Shooting Collection - $6 at Gamestop.
This disc includes these 3 shmups:

Chaos Field
Karous
Radio Allergy

Tron came when I was out of town on business...still haven't watched it yet...waiting til my Oppo comes in. The Panny 350 isnt cutting it anymore.

768ed384.jpg

And got this a little early =)
7eaeadd6.jpg

42585b08.jpg

FINALBOSS

Banned
Stubo said:
I love the X-stand on this, not sure if there's a name for it. Looks awesome! (I still have an R87 Samsung 26" 720p TV, I'm jealous of basically every TV pickup in these threads)

It's called a spider stand.

Bii

A week late but I attended Wondercon 2011 last Saturday in San Francisco.

5587766578_fe3e38e92f_b.jpg

All My Free Swag
I really love that Chewbacca card art that I got. I forget which booth it was at but they were also selling a letter-sized print of it and I completely forgot to go back and buy it. Oh well. Doing my best to travel as light as possible while I was at the Convention, I tried to avoid picking up a lot of free things since I did some shopping in the area (so I had bags of clothes stuffed into my messenger bag) as well as carrying the 60D with me the entire time.

5587172429_6110f8cd5e_b.jpg

Exclusive Wondercon 2011 Green Lantern Artwork. By Justin Orr. $5
It was only $5! How can I say no? I wanted to buy some more prints (and his hardcover book) but was pressed for time and couldn't make it back to his booth. I'll probably order some of his stuff from his website.

5587733614_90d90d90c6_b.jpg

5587171979_ccf0b43d31_b.jpg

Custom Sketchwork from Long Vo. $25.
Lead Pixel Artist for Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Long Vo drew this Chun-Li for me. He was receiving a ton of requests after passerbys saw his "battle damaged Ryu" picture. There was a 2-3 hour wait for some requests! I'm glad I got in early.

The following three pictures aren't purchases but just three of my favorite photos I took while I was at Wondercon. The first is the Capcom sign above their booth. Their's was easily my favorite. They had a lot of 3DS's with SSFIV to play with, a mini-store where they were selling games/shirts/Capcom merch, and had a few TV setups of Marvel vs Capcom 3 with some arcade sticks to play with. The other picture is of my favorite cosplayer that I had seen all day. Very detailed. Lastly, I ran into Christian Slater at the floor. We chatted for a bit before I took a picture of him with my cousin.

5587741222_e8237b283d_b.jpg

5587144613_fe1b25af2c_b.jpg

5587742048_20fb91b85c_b.jpg

I didn't want to trek too far from the Convention for lunch, so we stopped by the Green Papaya Restaurant for some sushi. Seen below, is their Camel's Roll. Not bad, but I've had better.

5587763454_2a751d8b69_b.jpg

Last but not least, I could have used this case while I was at Wondercon but it showed up in the mail a few days thereafter.

5604065911_59647e9d84_b.jpg

5604066169_70e6f06fd2_b.jpg

Pull and Go Folio. PDP. $8
I had a $10 Amazon gift certificate that I used on it.
The Pros:
+ The case the 3DS fits into fits nicely. That part is even detachable so that it doesn't have to stay in the Folio. There are even two game slots on the detachable system case.
+ It can hold up to 29 DS or 3DS games. Two on the detachable system case and 27 in the pages on the right.
+ Has one slot for an additional stylus.
+ Feels like it can take a beating even if I dropped the case.
The Cons:
- The mesh slot for the charger is a bit snug. Sliding the charger in there took some effort. Also, there isn't space for the charge base. Not a big deal but figured that there could be room to hold it as well.
- The card slots work well for DS games when you place it in and take them out. For 3DS games, it's easy to put them in the slot but when trying to remove them, there's not much room to wiggle them out because of that little tab on the 3DS cartridges.
All in all, it's a really good case but there can be improvements. It'll be my main traveling 3DS case beating out the mini backpack and that monster puppet case that I have.

Top Bottom