• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Amagon

You can check out the main track on that disc here: https://soundcloud.com/kraaksmaak/the-future-is-yours-1
Pretty great track in my opinion. But even if the tracks weren't awesome I probably would have bought it for the artwork alone.

Really nice track, never heard of Kraak & Smaak but you got me interested in now. Unfortunately, paying $30 for the vinyl is too much for me, even since its a single and but the artwork really looks nice. Good stuff though.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
My recent snags:

8690864440_d65183a542_c.jpg

8689815063_e878f5e9bb.jpg

8689814775_e2f36f1042.jpg

... ARMA is beautiful:

8690360457_fd73b58677_c.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yay for yet another 360 shmup!

This cover is literally everything that appeals to me. I don't care how weird that makes me sound.

How the hell is the game rated Cero D, though? It's not that risque.

Anyway, I haven't bought a shmup since Mushihime (the OG one on the 360) last year. I probably should get back into the genre.

Yes Boss!

This cover is literally everything that appeals to me. I don't care how weird that makes me sound.

How the hell is the game rated Cero D, though? It's not that risque.

Anyway, I haven't bought a shmup since Mushihime (the OG one on the 360) last year. I probably should get back into the genre.

I'd definitely go for Caladrius. Brings a lot of freshness. And a nice break from the Cave onslaught. I logged about eight hours in it on Sunday and it is an exceptional shooter experience. You really begin to enjoy the characters. I'm playing the nun chick since she is kinda medic-like which appeals to me. And her shot selection is a perfect mix.

Game is sold as a six-button game but it really only uses five. The main shot and three elementals and smart bomb. Combine elementals for a smart bomb effect that recharges constantly. Extends are given by building a separate crystal meter (they are hidden in enemies). Actual bombing is superfluous, so in essence a four-button game that is balanced. A nice twist is that you still can get hit when using elementals and bombs.

Nothing really Cero D about it...the most egregious imagery being the splash image after beating a boss showing the female enemy naked and ashamed for having lost. Great game. Ginga Force did nothing for me so I've been pleasantly surprised with this one.

Thanati

So, this month has just turned even more expensive:

Purity Ring's debut album on teal vinyl.

LGXpZvS.jpg

Bonobo's The North Borders on vinyl.

V7QSUQQ.jpg

This awesome looking vinyl picture disc from Kraak & Smaak.

hIJBSYk.jpg

And last but not least. A € 290 leather jacket. Which blew a giant hole in my wallet.

7hFzYhO.jpg

Grrrr. I messed up the last post. Thanks iPad.

What make is the jacket? It looks awesome!

Late birthday's present from my dear friend.
The Legend of Zelda - Hyrule Historia

wMSsFzJ.jpg

I5JRE3X.jpg

And these bought by me
I8n4o5H.jpg

forgive me I tried to resize the gifs..

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'd definitely go for Caladrius. Brings a lot of freshness. And a nice break from the Cave onslaught. I logged about eight hours in it on Sunday and it is an exceptional shooter experience. You really begin to enjoy the characters. I'm playing the nun chick since she is kinda medic-like which appeals to me. And her shot selection is a perfect mix.

Game is sold as a six-button game but it really only uses five. The main shot and three elementals and smart bomb. Combine elementals for a smart bomb effect that recharges constantly. Extends are given by building a separate crystal meter (they are hidden in enemies). Actual bombing is superfluous, so in essence a four-button game that is balanced. A nice twist is that you still can get hit when using elementals and bombs.

Nothing really Cero D about it...the most egregious imagery being the splash image after beating a boss showing the female enemy naked and ashamed for having lost. Great game. Ginga Force did nothing for me so I've been pleasantly surprised with this one.

Interesting. Sounds a lot more involved than I expected, which - as you said - seems like a nice change of pace from the Cave stuff. Glad it's more appealing than Ginga Force. Shame that so many of the non-Cave shmups we get end up being lousy.

Anyway, I'll probably pick it up alongside Saidaioujou. Should be a good month.

Darkkn

How is the Midi controller? Review?

That looks a lot bigger than I expected, might have to pick it up now, what do you think of it? Also what program do you use it with?

I'm not well versed enough with these to give a solid review. I bought this based on other people's good reviews and i'm very happy with it so far. Only complaint would be that the pads require a bit too much force to play.

This came with coupon code of 50€ for Ableton Live products and i used it to buy Ableton Live Intro for 29€. I've found it pretty easy to use(and powerful) and it comes with bunch of virtual instruments that you can use to play with. Controller works seamlessly with Ableton Live without any set-up, so that's nice too.

How is it and what store did you get it from?

I only played Level 1-1 and 1-2, but for a one man project it looks incredible. The soundtrack is also good (I would compare it to a Shmup OST from the early 90s). But the best part is, that you can adjust your screen (so nothing is missing, if you use a RGB cable). Screen Adjustment was THE thing missing from Fast Striker and Gunlord (which prevents, that I play there two games).

I bought the game directly from redspotgames.

HardRojo

I didn't post last month so here are all my pick ups from March until today.

Kenshin and Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin, amazing figures, I wish the whole gang was available.

I got some of these last month, Darksiders 2 during BestBuy's sale I believe but it arrived 2 weeks after since I'm from Peru, haven't gotten around to playing ZoE HD, Anarchy Reigns and I've barely touched PSAS and SFxTekken (which has really improved with the 2013 patch), Rising was amazing, I loved every minute of it, kudos to Platinum.

Second and third Layton games, I still need to get the first one so they'll be kept sealed till I get it, Ghost Trick was a no brainer after playing and loving the Ace Attorney series, Trauma Center UTK2 was purchased because I played the first one not too long ago and really liked it, mandatory Pokemon game and Rhythm Heaven which were bought during BestBuy's sale.
999... This game! This fucking game! I just finished one playthrough and I feel like I'm a new person already, this game is just amazing and I can't wait till I get my hands on VLR, definitely get it if you have a DS/3DS!!

These are the games I just got today, purchased GoW Ascension during Amazon's sale last week and Vanquish on eBay because Platinum, the others are just games I've been meaning to get for a while now but just decided to take the plunge.

Strike

Got this in mint condition for $100 (including shipping) off of eBay.
DSCN1126_zps4a6113ce.jpg

Also replaced the iPod that was stolen from my car a few months back. Bought a new case for it too.
DSCN1127_zps7b9f5775.jpg

canocha

Monster Hunter Ultimate 3DS and Pokemon Typing Adventure:
hMtfv1D.jpg

Funny its the first time i get a black Nintendo DS case in Europe (it still has the GBA slot).

The_Monk

Went for my Coffee needs, my only true addiction. Got two different brands and the bigger Packs are Limited Editions so I had to pick them up.

2 Packs of these:

0ixw3mhl.jpg

1 Pack of these:

NMhIJSUl.jpg

And also, decided to try some new Tea. Marrakesh Mint Tea, it's good and smells great!

MMPcEYTl.jpg

Gaming wise, I had to grab a couple more of PSN Cards.

2UZIbs3l.jpg

And the best pick-up that I can't wait to start soon: Ni No Kuni for just 35€

TUPFUlHl.jpg

Thanks for watching fellow GAFfers.

MG310

DSCN3183.jpg

The Art of Oddworld Inhabitants: The First 10 years from Midtown Comics
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon from Gamestop
The Borgias Season 2 Blu Ray from Ebay

Top Bottom