• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Danielsan

So, this month has just turned even more expensive:

Purity Ring's debut album on teal vinyl.

LGXpZvS.jpg

Bonobo's The North Borders on vinyl.

V7QSUQQ.jpg

This awesome looking vinyl picture disc from Kraak & Smaak.

hIJBSYk.jpg

And last but not least. A € 290 leather jacket. Which blew a giant hole in my wallet.

7hFzYhO.jpg

tauroxd

They're a wonderful breed, aren't they?

Flatcoats are a British Retriever bred to retrieve game from hard to get to places. For the first half of the last century they were more popular in the UK than both Golden and Labrador Retrievers, but that changed after the 2nd world war, after which they became quite a niche breed. While I wouldn't go as far as to say they are rare, it's certainly not common to see them as pets. Even among gundog owners they are fairly uncommon though, with most opting for working type Labradors or Goldens.

And yes, the pair of them hit it off immediately and are as thick as thieves! :)

Thanks for your awesome reply.

suko_32

KjZTVkd.jpg

Left one is the US version while the right one is the Japanese version that I bought a year or so ago. I never thought it'd come out here.

MYE

Yeah trying to lockdown some wii 'classics' I've been wanting to play before they start going up in price.

You should grab Tatsunoko VS Capcom. I think the license expired so we will likely not see a port or a sequel anytime soon, if ever.
Game is fantastic!

That doesn't look like a Liège waffle. It's a Brussels waffle as far as I can see.

Google link for Liège waffles imagery: http://www.google.be/search?q=gaufr...AWJyIHADQ&sqi=2&ved=0CDoQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=921

Liège waffles are generally sweeter and contain more sugar (which is why you don't normally put extra confectioner's sugar on top of them), there are often even little sugar lumps in the dough.

Thanks for the clarification on the difference. The waffles themselves were actually sweet without the powdered sugar (there actually is pearl sugar in the dough) but the owner of the waffle truck just covered the fresh made ones with extra sugar I guess.

I had some extra ones without the sugar and liked them more. Still, it's tradition of my workplace to have Staff Appreciation Week (versus just a day) to feature these waffles.

Coconut

Banned
You should grab Tatsunoko VS Capcom. I think the license expired so we will likely not see a port or a sequel anytime soon, if ever.
Game is fantastic!

Thanks for the tip.

Also if anyone is looking a for a Katamari Damacy game, Munchables is recommended sort of second rate, but has the same kind of mindless fun.

Darkkn

My first midi keyboard/controller. Fun to just mess around with this.
ibv9eZUDjXAwSz.jpg

Logitech Touchpad. So good for Windows 8.
ibgAaa4XpUy64K.jpg

jbueno

Slow month for pickups as I´m terribly busy with work, and I´m saving up for an arcade cab, but here goes.

Needed a 360 pad for my PC, and finally found them with a nice discount so I bit. Had to bitch and moan to the clerks since they were trying to bullshit me that the promo wouldn´t apply with wired pads, but all their stock had the sticker so they went with it.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for $3, couldn´t resist.

And some Blurays from last month.

Usobuko

Banned
Left one is the US version while the right one is the Japanese version that I bought a year or so ago. I never thought it'd come out here.

Every time I look at any artbook, I'm reminded that the limited edition are usually miserable snippets that are not worth paying a premium for. I would rather buy the official artbook if it's available.

LadyRiven

KjZTVkd.jpg

I'd been pining after the Japanese one for awhile, and I was super stoked when Udon announced it. I just got the English version today and I'm really impressed with it.

Yes Boss!

I can't get over how fetishistic the cover art is!

Nuns + torn clothing + dat territory. Surprised they didn't go for the eyepatch!

True. I had not really taken a close look at the cover till now. Did not even see the full-on breast bump. Actual game seems rather tame, fwiw.

Thanks for the clarification on the difference. The waffles themselves were actually sweet without the powdered sugar (there actually is pearl sugar in the dough) but the owner of the waffle truck just covered the fresh made ones with extra sugar I guess.

I had some extra ones without the sugar and liked them more. Still, it's tradition of my workplace to have Staff Appreciation Week (versus just a day) to feature these waffles.

Well, maybe they just have a different take on Belgian waffles over there in California. (I visited San Francisco not too long ago, btw, great city!). It's just that here in Belgium, Brussels and Liège waffles are as I described it.

It's getting rather difficult nowadays to have real Brussels waffles though, I mean the real not-so-sweet ones. Not that many shops make them anymore, and all of them are located in the Brussels area. The Liège waffles can be found everywhere in the country, on food stands in all main shopping streets.

So that's why your post caught my eye. Because it looked an awful lot like a typical Brussels waffle. I guess your waffle must have been a variety on traditional Belgian recipes. I can imagine waffle truck owners would want to make their dough so that it appeals best to US or even Californian taste. I think even Coca Cola does slightly change their mix to different country's tastes.

Well, maybe they just have a different take on Belgian waffles over there in California. (I visited San Francisco not too long ago, btw, great city!). It's just that here in Belgium, Brussels and Liège waffles are as I described it.

It's getting rather difficult nowadays to have real Brussels waffles though, I mean the real not-so-sweet ones. Not that many shops make them anymore, and all of them are located in the Brussels area. The Liège waffles can be found everywhere in the country, on food stands in all main shopping streets.

So that's why your post caught my eye. Because it looked an awful lot like a typical Brussels waffle. I guess your waffle must have been a variety on traditional Belgian recipes. I can imagine waffle truck owners would want to make their dough so that it appeals best to US or even Californian taste. I think even Coca Cola does slightly change their mix to different country's tastes.

Ahh, that makes more sense now, so thanks very much for the info. And yes, the flavors may have been tweaked at bit for Californians, though they are still delicious.

Anyways, I picked up some things on Saturday:

A medal
305EE2F6-11CA-49A1-BAB4-D1301BCB5CF1-132-0000000299F00EA8_zps8150a38f.jpg

Some more books
9eeadadf08a5cc20ff795093be504ad9_zps91868aac.jpg

A pair of glasses...
e97ec0cc5a0d6ff257f796bbb7469712_zps69acdee6.jpg

4c109a1181760b6bef795c072dddc413_zps64d2d035.jpg

Yes Boss!

region-locked, i presume

Yeppers :-( Of the four 360 shooters releasing this year two are region-free and two are region-locked (though jury is still out on SDOJ)

Would you recommend holding off on Caladrius and go all in on DoDonPachi Saidaioujou next month?

I dunno. That is hard man. SDOJ is the big gun releasing and if you can only go for one then that would be it. On the other hand, I'm loving Caladrius. Totally different from anything else, lots of fun with the six-buttons, great art and music. Just a total blast to play.

LiK

Yeppers :-( Of the four 360 shooters releasing this year two are region-free and two are region-locked (though jury is still out on SDOJ)

I dunno. That is hard man. SDOJ is the big gun releasing and if you can only go for one then that would be it. On the other hand, I'm loving Caladrius. Totally different from anything else, lots of fun with the six-buttons, great art and music. Just a total blast to play.

any idea what's in the Super LE version of SDOJ? read that they haven't announced it yet but the price compared to the Premium is kinda insane for one extra thing.

Yes Boss!

any idea what's in the Super LE version of SDOJ? read that they haven't announced it yet but the price compared to the Premium is kinda insane for one extra thing.

I'm wondering too. I just went for the normal LE. Gotta draw the line somewhere. $100 or $200...I choose $100.

The last pick-ups for this month:

qSOP610.png

Injustice: Gods Among Us (UK Xbox360)
Fire Emblem: Awakening (UK 3DS)

M4WQxRd.png

Super Mario World (Wii U Virtual Console / German eShop / US version)

f47rYd3.png

Tiger & Bunny Vol. 2 (UK BD/DVD Combo)
Guilty Crown Vol. 2 (German Blu-ray)
K-ON! Movie (German Blu-ray)

4kluJGF.png

Life of Pi 3D (German Blu-ray)
Wreck-It Ralph (US Ultimate Collector's Edition)

Why is Life of Pi not about the life of a pie?

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Only bought one game on my usual run to thrift stores on Saturday:

not much cheaper than you can get it on ebay, but i didn't have it already so why not?

and today:

Bought a friends unwanted WiiU for $250 with everything unopened. Currently updating, I may get to play it sometime this week!

Thanati

And last but not least. A € 290 leather jacket. Which blew a giant hole in my wallet.

7hFzYhO.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice jacket! What make is it?

Top Bottom