• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

cbrun44

mlcFqMO.jpg

I've been wanting an IPS monitor for the longest time, but I couldn't justify the purchase... unit now! I got a really great deal on a Dell U2713HM a few weeks ago, so I decided to replace my old 248WFP.

I have them side by side (for now) and the new one is not much bigger. It's wider and about 1/2 inch taller. I guess that's due to the aspect ratio change. The picture is much better on the new one, by far.

9M10dJN.jpg

Also got the sound bar so I can use it as a TV

MOpK4SE.jpg

With this operation *2012 iMac Substitute* is now complete!

After all this I've realized that anyone who says they can build a comparable hackingtosh to the 2012 iMac, at much a cheaper cost, is just plain wrong. Plain and simple.

Saroyan

Stuff from the last few weeks

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory CE

Luigi's Mansion and a couple of Johnny Depp Blurays

A Complete GBA AGB-001, I'm planning to do a backlit screen mod when I get time, but its in nice shape.

Pandora's Tower to complete my Operation Rainfall collection.

Soul Hackers and a sealed copy of Raycrisis

And finally a CPP XL for MonHun. Nintendo isn't wasting any money on packaging for these, it came in a plastic baggie with a tiny manual.

Quake1028

XPSiJou.jpg

Wife and I closed on this today. 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2 stories, 1,750 sq ft, 2 car garage. Our first house and could not be happier.

A little something from work for Staff Appreciation Week...

Fresh made liege waffle:

That doesn't look like a Liège waffle. It's a Brussels waffle as far as I can see.

Google link for Liège waffles imagery: http://www.google.be/search?q=gaufr...AWJyIHADQ&sqi=2&ved=0CDoQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=921

Liège waffles are generally sweeter and contain more sugar (which is why you don't normally put extra confectioner's sugar on top of them), there are often even little sugar lumps in the dough.

Ban Puncher

rIvOotH.jpg

Singularity 360 - New for $15 and wanted to have a play after seeing it on a previous GiantBomb show.
MagnaCarta II 360 - Preowned for $9. First time I've seen it not go for insane amounts of money.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen 360 - Lapsed playing the original so time to get back in with a bunch of new shit to check out.
Super Mario World Wii U VC - $10.40? So much yet so good....
Bioshock Infinite PS3 - Another promotional disc for the collection.
Fire Emblem: Awakening 3DS - YEAR OF LUIGI THE 3DS
Fire Emblem Artbooks - Jealous of the hardcover ones the UK got but for free I ain't complaining.

I finally bought myself a new xbox 360 250GB to replace my launch 20GB. The slim is definitely smaller and a lot quieter than my old one, which sounds like a jet engine warming up.

I picked up Injustice at Toys R Us and they had a promotion to get a Batman Figure with the purchase of the game.

I picked up Halo 4 from a friend, traded some end tables for it.

Grabbed Seasons 1-5 of Big Bang Theory, one of my Wife and I's favorite shows.
bojangles

Picked up Chasing Amy, Heavy Weights, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Nitemare1

Continuing my tradition of completely shite iPhone pics.

Probably spent more than I should have this month.

a6ed11f4-e2c4-49bd-b8ad-5fa43d8982ca_zps0ba411f1.jpg

Picked up the Zombie U version WiiU (not pictured, Lego City, Monster hunter, and New Super Mario)
A new Bamboo create. (replaces a very old graphire)
And finally pulled the trigger on the Tarantino collection.
Damn case was broken inside and it was the last copy they had. But was lucky enough to find a old Kiss concert dvd I had laying around with nearly identical trays for the discs, so with some very careful surgery its good as new.

Rasec

rIvOotH.jpg

Singularity 360 - New for $15 and wanted to have a play after seeing it on a previous GiantBomb show.
MagnaCarta II 360 - Preowned for $9. First time I've seen it not go for insane amounts of money.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen 360 - Lapsed playing the original so time to get back in with a bunch of new shit to check out.
Super Mario World Wii U VC - $10.40? So much yet so good....
Bioshock Infinite PS3 - Another promotional disc for the collection.
Fire Emblem: Awakening 3DS - YEAR OF LUIGI THE 3DS
Fire Emblem Artbooks - Jealous of the hardcover ones the UK got but for free I ain't complaining.
Damn, i'm still unable to get myself a decent magna carta 2 copy that won't cost half of my kidney. xD

flattie

Awesome i love golden retrievers i had 2 for many years

They're a wonderful breed, aren't they?

Didn't know about Flat coated Retriever :eek:... And they got along quickly, huh? ;)

Flatcoats are a British Retriever bred to retrieve game from hard to get to places. For the first half of the last century they were more popular in the UK than both Golden and Labrador Retrievers, but that changed after the 2nd world war, after which they became quite a niche breed. While I wouldn't go as far as to say they are rare, it's certainly not common to see them as pets. Even among gundog owners they are fairly uncommon though, with most opting for working type Labradors or Goldens.

And yes, the pair of them hit it off immediately and are as thick as thieves! :)

Top Bottom