• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

MaximusNeo701 said:
Did you turn that iPad on at the home screen to show off or is it always on? lol

Other than that props on the sweet pad man.

It usually sat there either being charge or in a picture frame mode. My daughter was just playing with it so I had just put it back as a prop! (I took the pictures for the gaming setup thread there another picture I took with it as a picture frame mode, but throw it in here since I just got a new couch for the room).

Oh and thanks, I do love my gaming / nerd room.

Presents from my mothers trip to China :) never to old to get presents from your mother i say.

img_20100815_215311gsdq.jpg

A pair of knives as i have had no decent ones since i move back to Norway. They seem good, but haven't tried them out yet.

img_20100815_215435vpld.jpg

img_20100815_215423rpgc.jpg

And a "Professional" table-tennis paddle, its a lot heavier than the ones i'm used to.

img_20100815_215506us27.jpg

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
24fl44h.jpg

2cmu9tw.jpg

Big pickups from me lately;

- iMac 27 i7 with 8gig of ram
- Belkin AV360 to put HDMI on it
- External BRD drive (came with it)
- Elgato TV tuner (came with it)
- Magic Trackpad
- HDD Caddy for External Drives
- Backpack for the back of my iMac
- Photoshop CS5 Student Edition

$ = Don't ask.

Flek

Banned
VOOK said:
24fl44h.jpg

2cmu9tw.jpg

- Magic Trackpad

$ = Don't ask.

sexy bitch <3 Is the BRD working? i mean can you actually watch blurays on the imac with it ?

r3n4ud

VOOK said:
24fl44h.jpg

2cmu9tw.jpg

- Magic Trackpad

$ = Don't ask.

Oh man, she's beautiful!

VOOK

Flek said:
sexy bitch <3 Is the BRD working? i mean can you actually watch blurays on the imac with it ?

No idea yet, the drive works and is picked up but I haven't found any software yet to run BRD on OSX. Going to boot camp it any way so should work under that.

Love the TV tuner thing + the iPhone app :D

LiK

VOOK said:
No idea yet, the drive works and is picked up but I haven't found any software yet to run BRD on OSX. Going to boot camp it any way so should work under that.

Love the TV tuner thing + the iPhone app :D
I use EyeTV from Elgato. Great software.

Madds

antiquegamer said:
Yeah, it's a super nerd room, if it was not for the fact that I am married with two kids, I would be that guy from 40 Years Old Virgin.

The wall one are CD case from Ikea (tall one), the acrylic wall are from company that made case for die-cast display cars. I don't remember what the company was call it was a long time ago when I got them , but google acrylic case and you should find several. Here is the one I found ... but I am not sure if it was them that I got the case from

http://www.casesforcollectibles.com/

I can take some more pic up close if you want to see them.

Oh, thanks for liking my nerdy room.

Thanks for the response. And I'm with you on the 40-year-old Virgin comment. Married with 2 kids myself! Thankfully they let me have my nerd room as well.

Mercutio

Big month for pickups so far. Here's what I've accumulated thus far:

iphone.jpg

Firstly, an iPhone 4. I tried living with a Droid for about 8 months and it just didn't work well for me. I became incredibly frustrated with the interface and the lack of decent games outside of emulation. I sincerely love this phone though, and I haven't had any signal issues outside of AT&T's standard nonsense. I'm using it in a nice leather case though, as I found the edges to be a little sharp and slippery for my tastes without. Fun fact: When I put my finger on the death-grip-gap, the signal bars go up. Not even kidding.

boot.jpg

These are my new Red Wings: The Gentleman Traveler. They've taken a week and a half to break in, but by God are they comfortable now. These were a wedding gift from my fiancee for our honeymoon to Ireland. Initially I wasn't supposed to wear 'em till then, but I convinced her that they needed a month of breaking in. :D

speedy.jpg

The watch isn't new but the strap is. I've been collecting a lot of NATO straps lately, and these slightly undersized 19mm stripey bond straps from J-Crew are actually pretty good.

gf1.jpg

This is the big one this month: As my wedding gift to her (and me too, I guess) I got us a pair of Lumix GF1 cameras. Her kit came with the zoom, and I got the one with the 20mm pancake, as shown below. The leather casing I bought on eBay, and it REALLY makes the camera feel great in my hands. I've used a Nikon D200 since they hit the market several years ago, and this camera has been in every respect its equal for making images that I like. I can't believe how good this thing is for around $800... metal body and fully made in Japan aside the innards really allow you to just compose and shoot if you want to.

20mm.jpg

Arandur

dscn0686.jpg

- Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers for 10€
- Monster Hunter Tri, a gift from my girldfriend.
- A Wii Motion Plus, a gift from my mother.
- Xenoblade Ost, 4 Cds of pure glory.

And thats all for this month, more next september 4th with Metroid Other M :D.

Absinthe

VOOK said:

Looks awesome. Just picked up the I7 w/8GB ram myself last month.. Right before the refresh =(

IMG_3808.jpg

God I Love this thing, goes nicely with my new desk, and there's so much screen space!

VOOK

LiK said:
did you change the wallpaper? i sooo hate that default Mac wallpaper :lol

Sure did, can't find a Katy Perry wallpaper big enough though so some trees and shit will have to do.

akmcbroom said:
Looks awesome. Just picked up the I7 w/8GB ram myself last month.. Right before the refresh =(
!

Yer mine is the older one but I go it super cheap. Which probably doesn't help :(

Stooo

Neo Member
So far in August:

Op. Flashpoint was a fiver from Play. Despite everyone's complaints I'm finding it quite fun.
DSC_0227.jpg

Four of my favourite movies, sold the DVDs to upgrade to Blu.
DSC_0225.jpg

The Final Frontier from iTunes. Loving it so far...
DSC_0228.jpg

My tickets for Alterbridge in October arrived the other day. Had to go with seating as my wife doesn't keep too well.
DSC_0230.jpg

Lee N

Membre
eos550d.jpg

edit: Gotta appreciate the irony in getting a new sweet camera and then taking a picture of it with your phone...

glaurung

Lee N said:
***EOS AWESOMENESS***

edit: Gotta appreciate the irony in getting a new sweet camera and then taking a picture of it with your phone...
Yes. That is why real GAF people always buy two cameras.

Nice haul though, that is one sweet piece of camera.

mehdi_san

zombieshavebrains said:
Camelbak for running my half marathon in Sept.
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_FsyAVfbyKxQ/TGgxyOSHG2I/AAAAAAAAAv8/mpdKIDda9Es/s800/2010-08-15%2014.25.28.jpg[IMG]

Some new headphones, Beyer Dynamic DT 990.
[IMG]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_FsyAVfbyKxQ/TGhhDcayySI/AAAAAAAAAwA/jiAZEceKhrs/s800/2010-08-15%2014.26.28.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_FsyAVfbyKxQ/TGhhGRwfHGI/AAAAAAAAAwI/Wk747hT8m3M/s1024/2010-08-15%2014.26.37.jpg[IMG]

New knife
[IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_FsyAVfbyKxQ/TGhhJIEZBpI/AAAAAAAAAwM/LNj8ST097hU/s1024/2010-08-15%2014.25.50.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I have the same headphones, and I love them !! High five ! But your avatar and the knife scare me a bit...

crpav

SuperJ said:
Bust-A-Groove

BustAGroove.jpg

SNES repros

SecretOfMana2.jpg

Terranigma.jpg

Woah, where and when did Secret of Mana 2 get released? I love Secret of Mana as a kid growing up.

*edit* - Okay I see what you mean by repros now.

suikodan

crpav said:
Woah, where and when did Secret of Mana 2 get released? I love Secret of Mana as a kid growing up.

*edit* - Okay I see what you mean by repros now.

Was about to bring that up ;)

However, I must admit that I was almost convinced that it was an european release or something like that. :D

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Mercutio said:
Anyway you could post some more detailed impressions from using it more and some sample shots?

I have been looking into this camera for awhile and I would love to get some other opinions.

Thanks man!

Koroshi said:
Where did you manage to find those for so cheap?
I found both PS2 games at my local EBGames (GameStop for Canada). The Kirby game I bought it like 25$ on eBay. Heard that Tales of the Abyss was also available shortly before I went to EB but I was too late.

LiK

FLCL Blu :3
FLCL-BD.jpg

SC2 LE Guide
SC2-guide.jpg

GI - but i didn't get the cover that i wanted :(
Batman-GI.jpg

Hot Toys Evil Sarah Connor
T2-sarahaevil-SS.jpg

edit: hm, just noticed all my pick-ups are very SILVER... XD

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Nolimit_SS said:
books.jpg

Came after 3 weeks, time to get reading :D
(tho it took post 3 days to deliver little paper that says I need to pick them up >.>)

Whatever you do, stay as far away from any discussions on the series till you've read through all 4. Even mentioning the nature of some of the spoilers will lessen their impact. But have fun, phenomenal series of books. Some of the best stuff I've ever read.

VOOK said:
How are the response times with the AV360? I was thinking about getting one, but it better be responsive when playing games. You definitely can't go wrong with that screen though.

Top Bottom