• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

Blablurn

nlbj2q.jpg

new laptop and PES 2010 for PC :-o

tim.mbp

Payday!!!

Wax Poetics #42
Gantz Vol. 2 & 3
Yotsuba&! Vol. 7 & 8
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
Patapon 2

eq4k11.jpg

Apparently Patapon 2 got a UMD release.

qotyl0.jpg

Picked up some games and guides from some local game shops...

08-2010-3.jpg

I found the "Konker Bad Fur Day" :lol at a Pawn Shop and paid a buck for it. I wonder if it is really even BFD.

After reading the "Just Got My First N64. What'd I Miss?" thread, I picked up some boxed N64 games as well.

Unkind?

gafpup.jpg

first post in a while.. i'm going to get into shape so i picked up some supplements to assist me, i also got a nice new bookbag which i'd recommend to anyone and a 1L bottle of beer.

drkOne

Bought the first 3 volumes of Gunslinger Girl.
Story seemed interesting, hoping going for the three right away doesn't backfire.

4889709291_b6657a0fea_z.jpg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Blablurn said:
nlbj2q.jpg

new laptop and PES 2010 for PC :-o
What laptop is this? I got a similar looking one, but I'm looking for one to do a bit of gaming if that can handle it. Since mine can't have a camera for my "work" I can just put the bevel from my old one on it.

Drame

Still no Continuum Shift blah!

Oh well, got some other goodies this week.

2vrss3c.jpg

- Hatsune Miku Project DIVA 2nd Accessory Set
- Hatsune Miku Project DIVA 2nd

i6mogn.jpg

PSP Miku'ed out!

Project DIVA 2nd is such an huge improvement over the first game. Game of the year contender for me!

1z1xnhx.jpg

Arakawa Under the Bridge opening and ending singles.

2vmdlww.jpg

Pelaaja 95

ArchAngel

The new SCANDAL Album + extra DVD with a tour-movie & Dance in the Vampire Bund Vol. 4 BluRay with a box.
scandalvampire.JPG

Final Bakemonogatari BluRay + extra poster
bakemonoposter.JPG

Macross Vol. 2+3
macross23.JPG

Bangai-O + Pikmin = 10€ :D
bangpik.JPG

mooooose

Mailenstein said:
Could finally get my hands on some latest adidas Originals by Kazuki stuff :D !

2uft109.jpg
30iwcit.jpg

33o5w6b.jpg

1z65cer.jpg

2u4lgdj.jpg

If you plan on buying anything by Kazuki, be careful what size you buy. They turn out extremely small!
Shit is DOPE. Where'd you get all this?

ibu

drkOne said:
Bought the first 3 volumes of Gunslinger Girl.
Story seemed interesting, hoping going for the three right away doesn't backfire.

4889709291_b6657a0fea_z.jpg

Brilliant series, I liked. Have it on dvd

LiK

Thanks to JEKKI for these sweet posters. :D
posters.jpg

Games
nomore-sin.jpg

DD Metroid kit - the annoying thing is there's a black blemish on the top of the head. sent an email to the store to see if i can get a replacement.
metroid-kit.jpg

TV Mount
tvmount.jpg

practice02 said:
as being a person who has never owned a psp product is getting a pspgo a good choice?
I stayed away from the PSPGo because I hate to be forced into Digital Downloads when you can get the same game, for 50% or more off used.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
practice02 said:
I rarely buy used but their is no pricing difference between a physical and downloaded version?

Actually there often is because retailers will lower the price more often/sooner than Sony will on their own store.

mehdi_san

I just came back from the Peace Walker event in Sendai, and I got a few goodies there:
I bought the play arts Big Boss figure (sneaking suit version), and everyone present got a small bag with a PW themed Mountain Dew can, a peace sign badge, and a MGS4 strap.
vsj1n8.jpg

I also got my Peace Walker TGS pamphlet signed by Kojima and Yumi Kikuchi :D
2eq41ao.jpg

iznfja.jpg

Other pickups from late July/August are:
A new iPhone 4 with a free bumper (thank you Apple) and a free FON wireless router (thank you Softbank)
ztpac.jpg

Very LTTP: Ouendan and Ouendan 2 (because I just remembered how much I loved Elite Beat Agents)
2dudz61.jpg

Lifting Shadows, official Dream Theater biography
2a4xxxf.jpg

FF13 Piano Collections (I love all the CDs from this collection)
2ylsr5v.jpg

A few mooks from the Pix'n love collection. Lots of beautiful pictures/artworks, well written texts, I highly recommend them (especially now that they finally start making books in English)
nq1jpu.jpg

Zerokku said:
Actually their often is because retailers will lower the price more often/sooner than Sony will on their own store.

Yeah, definitely wouldn't go with a Go. Some games you can get physical copies for like half of what they cost on the PSN just because they haven't dropped the prices for some reason.

mehdi_san said:

Wow, I'd love to have a poster of all those video game heroines and Cooking Mama. Pretty awesome.

tim.mbp

practice02 said:
as being a person who has never owned a psp product is getting a pspgo a good choice?

3rd parties aren't required to release their games digitally, so there's quite a few PSP games that are only available on UMD. You should take a look at the PSN store, through a PS3 or download Media Go for PC, and see how it stacks up to your tastes.

mehdi_san

rainking187 said:
Yeah, definitely wouldn't go with a Go. Some games you can get physical copies for like half of what they cost on the PSN just because they haven't dropped the prices for some reason.

Wow, I'd love to have a poster of all those video game heroines and Cooking Mama. Pretty awesome.
There was a post about it a while ago on Kotaku, and they had a link to the artist's flickr account:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/38302249@N02/sets/72157621136907682/
Who's your favorite? :lol

Yes Boss!

I love the Go. Can't reccomend unit enough. Lots of neat things about it that the fatties can't do. Plus, best PSP screen. Think Gameboy Micro in terms of fun to play in the hand.

Picked up the Atlus game finally:

3465209f.jpg

nny

mehdi_san said:
A few mooks from the Pix'n love collection. Lots of beautiful pictures/artworks, well written texts, I highly recommend them (especially now that they finally start making books in English)

I have the first English Pix'n Love book preordered...looking forward to it!

Anemone

Neo Member
Final Fantasy XIV is coming out, and it's been about 7 years since I bought my old comp for FFXI. I recently got a new job, so I decided to make things right in the world by rewarding myself a new toy.

DSCN2261.jpg

DSCN2260.jpg

DSCN2257.jpg

Relevant info:
Alienware Aurora (Too lazy to make my own this time *Sadface* but it was a great deal as a refurb; consequently shit like the Killer NIC isn't my fault. Additionally, the case itself is top notch and surprisingly tasteful for an Alienware.)

Raedon HD 5970
i7-930 (Stock speed until my warranty expires, it runs a little hotter than I'd like as is.)
9gb RAM
500gb RAID 0
Killer XENO NIC (ROFL...)
Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme sound card
Re-branded Corsair H50 liquid cooling (Soon to be push-pull setup.)

Also new and pictured:
Samsung PX2370 (Easily the prettiest monitor I've seen as far as aesthetics are concerned.)
and Scott Pilgrim for PS3.

Not pictured:
Maple lumber to make an L shaped desk and a new bed that I'll be working on in my free time for the next few weeks.
Mass Effect 2 (Sorta pictured, you can see it minimized on the start bar.)

Top Bottom