• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

monome

Astro A50
7DD73017-C149-4090-82D4-8D504681E077-163-00000008545CB6FC.jpg

Worth upgrading from my A40 + mixamp (5.1) ???

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
^ Nice! I've had that since launch, but I am happy to see someone else pick it up. Just a nice package all around. And what a great entry in the FF series!

Danielsan

Some recent pick-ups as well as a bunch of pick-ups that I have yet to post in one of the pick-up threads:

ibtU6R7CoZqmNl.jpg

The recent idea of organizing a Retro game night with some of my non-gaming friends has gotten me to fall back into a deep SNES hole. I sold my SNES with all of my games back when I was a kid so that I could get the Playstation on release. Years later I would severely regret this move and end up buying a second hand SNES with Super Mario Allstars + Super Mario World, and a copy of Super Ghouls and Ghosts. I never (re-)expanded my SNES library after though, until now!

Shown on the photo are:
Yoshi's Island 2 (Slightly busted box)
Pop 'n Twinbee
Super Mario Kart
F-Zero (with an extremely worn down box and manual)
Fire Converter (for playing NTSC and Famicom SNES games)

Ooh yeah. Right now I'm playing Yoshi's Island for the first time in my life. Sooo good!

A couple of months back I built my own gaming PC for the first time in my life. Easily my purchase of the year thusfar:

ibn2ueGOknaGZE.jpg

My old monitor didn't cut it anymore either, so last month I ended up buying a 27" 1080p Samsung monitor. Such a huge upgrade from my 23" 1650x1050 Packard Bell piece of shit.

ibc87NsZAleXKR.jpg

Ooh and I also picked up some steam games along the way.

ibjwPvXWA47N0M.jpg

Going further down the road of the glorious master race, I figured a new keyboard was in order as well. It wasn't cheap, but I ended up getting a Logitech K800 wireless illuminated keyboard. Absolutely love this thing.

iHasgVQGnjtDg.jpg

The most recent addition to my new PC. A second hand Logitech MX510 from a friend of mine to replace my own worn down MX510. Based on the wear and tear on the logitech logo of my MX510 you can see that I browse GAF way too much.

nel e nel

Astro A50
7DD73017-C149-4090-82D4-8D504681E077-163-00000008545CB6FC.jpg

I know you already said it's not worth upgrading from the A40s, but I'm looking to upgrade from some Turtle Beach low-end wireless. I'm stuck between these and the Tritton Warheads. Consensus seems to be that the Astros have better sound quality, but the Trittons have better features overall. How do you like these?

Alpha_eX

393842_10151158819111413_374032002_n.jpg

Got some party board games in Denmark. Picked up Heckmeck, Jungle Speed and Hey, that's my Fish. These are played between and as warm ups for bigger board games. I'd love an iPhone version of Heckmeck, it's a lot of fun.

monome

I know you already said it's not worth upgrading from the A40s, but I'm looking to upgrade from some Turtle Beach low-end wireless. I'm stuck between these and the Tritton Warheads. Consensus seems to be that the Astros have better sound quality, but the Trittons have better features overall. How do you like these?

Warheads are glossy...at least get the Halo 4 themed ones when they release.

Grief.exe

They both have pretty low sound quality to be honest with you. Not to mention how ridiculously expensive they are.

If you are playing on PC, then look at some really nice headphones with a stand alone mic. The headphones will give you much higher sound quality overall, perfect sound positioning, and all at a lower price.

If you are gaming on consoles, you would have to jump through some hoops to get headphones working in the first place so I can understand the need for headphones.

I can recommend you some of the best headphones available if you give me a price range, what games you will play, and what music you listen to.

My old monitor didn't cut it anymore either, so last month I ended up buying a 27" 1080p Samsung monitor. Such a huge upgrade from my 23" 1650x1050 Packard Bell piece of shit.
Why did you choose a 27" 1080p? Aren't the pixels a bit too big for such a screen size? Shouldn't it be 2560x1440 or 2560x1600?

-PXG-

BOOSH

Denhx.jpg

Gurren Lagann Groundworks Vol.1, 2 and 3
The Art of PSG Vol. 1 and 2 (I can't fucking believe I actually own both of these now)
Battle Cry: The Art of Samurai Champloo
FLCLism++
Tekkonkinkreet Black and White Side (hardcover too :D)
Scott Pilgrim Vol 1 Color Edition

Still waiting for Deco Devolution (Bioshock 2 artbook) to arrive.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
some ps1 fillers never played the ps1 version of g police just the pc version so wanna check that out

PS1: Battle Arena Toshinden, G-Police
battlearenapolice.jpg

PS1: Wild 9, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
soulreavergonewild.jpg

Manp

not everything is from August (probably some things i got back in May) but i haven't posted in a long time so:

- New PC

BkanO.jpg

got some parts to upgrade my old build, turned out something like this:

DLQHP.jpg

then got this new toy to try some Crossfire action:

uSvVP.jpg

and the final result:

Shbpt.jpg

config:
i7 3770K
Z77 Extreme 6
16 GB Ram
2x 6970 2GB
Crucial M4 128GB
Xonar DX
600T White
HX750W

- New HTPC

parts:

zCeLF.jpg

final result:

XXxxK.jpg

for reference:

RdjWY.jpg

had to cut something here and there to make things fit in there:

haykh.jpg

config:
A8 3870K
A75M-ITX
8 GB Ram
Samsung 830 64GB
ISK300-150
Big Shuriken 2 Rev. B
2x Noctua NF-R8 PWM (damn, they're expensive and ugly as shit but are insanely quiet!)

then since i was at it got a bluetooth Playstation keyboard. couldn't pass on it for 10€.

etODF.jpg

- Games:

prtv6.jpg

dsmAf.jpg

8xxte.jpg

getting ready for DOA5:

MeHzc.jpg

- Movies:

Nm4I8.jpg

- New Dremel:

7WH4o.jpg

sorry for the long post!

:)

mblitek

It's been a pretty expensive month.

My old 2008 Macbook Pro finally died so I replaced it with the new retina MBp.

My 5 year-old Logitech MX Revolution also needed to be replaced since there was an issue with the left-button click registering as a double click, so I replaced it with the new Performance MX.

The iphone 4s is a loaner until the new 5 comes out :p

logimxperfo.png

iphone4se.png

rmbp.png

The retina MBp also took a major hit on my wallet! What specifications did you end up going with? I ended up going for the 2.6Ghz/16Gb/512Gb model.

Great job on the pictures too! Did you edit them or are they straight from your camera? Also, what programs are you using on your new MacBook?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
7834970794_72abdd302e_z.jpg

Slime soap from geeksoap.com, love it! As a bonus, she sent me a miniature Han Solo in carbonite soapbar too.

Bassun

The retina MBp also took a major hit on my wallet! What specifications did you end up going with? I ended up going for the 2.6Ghz/16Gb/512Gb model.

Great job on the pictures too! Did you edit them or are they straight from your camera? Also, what programs are you using on your new MacBook?

Haha yea I went for the top spec-ed config, exactly like yours.

I did some minor edits on the images, merely changing the levels and contrast.

I mostly use standard apps like photoshop, aperture etc. As for nice mac only apps, I definitely recommend Fantastical, DaisyDisk, Adium, Onyx, Reeder, Sparrow, Appcleaner, CleanMyMac, Alfred, CleanMyDrive, Movist, Hyperdock, Growl, Tweetbot and TotalFinder.

Those are all apps I can't live without and greatly enhance the OSX experience.

Kaibutsu

Stuff from June

Since I didn't post the stuff in the July thread this is going to be a biggin

RqlnH.jpg

Able to snag unopened copies of Grandia II dreamcast and Valkyrie Profile covenant of the plume for cheap. Stopped collecting comics but I still had to pick up Saga 3 & 4

vctEx.jpg

Kinect Sports & SSX were super cheap through Bestbuy so I picked them up. Also complete Lupin first series

0M4fzh.jpg

Don't know how I never bought this before but got Yoshi's Island DS. Hard to find a non-bootleg copy :p

NRt0Yh.jpg

K-On Season 2 Part 1 and yet another Haruhi novel

3m0Z9h.jpg

Theatrhythm with stylus that I won't be using. Nice set up stickers with it though

nuZTN.jpg

Decided against getting the Limited Collector's Edition. A first for me

5CIKU.jpg

Persona 3 artbook is nice and shiny! Go Nagai is my hero and finally Zettai Karen Children collection 2

qkKN5.jpg

More games picked up during a Bestbuy sale

iFHXt.jpg

Max Anarchy/ Anarchy Reigns with Bayonetta code. I'm actually surprised that I didn't like this as much as I thought I would :/

b83TJh.jpg

Some shirts. Can you guess what they are?
Fantastic Four
&
Nightwing

4pMHMh.jpg

More shirts. I really like the Dr. Strange one a lot :)

A8hsVh.jpg

Figured I would get these while they were still in-stock

Jn7Qzh.jpg

Nike Lunarglide 4's. Only wore them 3 times though. Did three 5 mile runs in them and they killed my feet. I know they run narrow but damn. Ended up giving them to my dad and went back to my old Asics

PL4rW.jpg

Persona 4 Arena w/ OST, Zombie-Ass (One the worst movies I've ever seen btw) and my Nike+ Fuelband. Since the latest update it actually tracks activity better and doesn't give you 8 million fuel points for eating a slice of pizza. I really like it.

MJAEZ.jpg

Cheap games at Bestbuy seems to be a trend

dBZCu.jpg

Zettai Karen Children Collection 3. Adult hot versions get!

jGO5p.jpg

Blue 3DS XL. Was actually not going to get this but couldn't help myself when I went to pick up New Super Mario Bros. 2. Also free universal hard case from Bestbuy, it's pretty sweet and ze free! I'm really liking the XL a hell of a lot better than the original 3DS but screen scratching issue still hasn't been fixed. I started noticed two very small dots on the right side of the screen. Not bad yet but I can see that they will get worse over time. So what I did was put a small microfiber cloth between the screens when it's closed. The cloth that came with the iphone 1 is the perfect size btw for that :)

BR0X4.jpg

Book my old boss just brought me. I'm a University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill grad co 2001 (Go Heels!)

Not pictured: K-On Season 2 Part 2, Last Story US edition, a couple of toilet seats and all my downloaded stuff

monome

iFHXt.jpg

Max Anarchy/ Anarchy Reigns with Bayonetta code. I'm actually surprised that I didn't like this as much as I thought I would :/

Got the same reaction.
Skipped to Darksiders 2.
Hopefully I'll get back into it, but it certainly wasn't love at first sight. Mission structure, although much copied from Madworld and vastly extended, feels like a chore...

Garryk

I don't really understand the Fuel band. Isn't it just a pedometer with an accelerometer and social networking functions? Does it come with any fitness plans? Like if I want to lose X amount of weight I need to be gaining Y amounts of Fuel every day.

I'm actually curious so a few thoughts would be great.

Top Bottom