• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Kaibutsu

I don't really understand the Fuel band. Isn't it just a pedometer with an accelerometer and social networking functions? Does it come with any fitness plans? Like if I want to lose X amount of weight I need to be gaining Y amounts of Fuel every day.

I'm actually curious so a few thoughts would be great.

Yeah, there isn't really any sort of fitness plan with it other than it tracks the "nike fuel" you collect during the day. The fuel is a numerical value that is uniform across all users that tracks any sort of activity you do. So the fuel band tracks that, the calories you burn (you put in your height & weight on the website), the steps you take, and the time so it's like a watch. I actually stopped wearing my watch since I got it. You are right about the social networking functions though, it logs you on the website when you charge it (or through the iphone/ipod) and you comment on the activities you did that day, or how you feel, etc. It also tells you the distance you traveled and the times your activity peaked with a bunch of motivational stuff. I am disappointed that it doesn't track heart rate though and honestly for the cost it should, but overall it's a fun piece of tech that is vastly improved now with the latest update. I wasn't joking about the pizza thing btw. Before you would get more nike fuel for eating than you would from walking up some stairs.

GEBiT.jpg

As a HUGE Frequency/Amplitude/Rock Band fan ... I am very happy right now.

Buttons

Found a nice used video game store in the city and picked up these two, Legend of Dragoon was only 35 Euros and in tip top condition. Been wanting a copy for years, am so happy. :D

dragoonwildarmse0jsy.jpg

Crayons

Banned
Imported these 4 games from Europe.

HNI_0043.jpg

Another Code: R
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Make 10: A journey of numbers
Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland

Yazuka

Haha, I'm so happy that I finally got a hold of the Revoltech Woody figure, I've wanted that since I saw it for the very first time.

2012-08-22-SpelWoody.jpg

2012-08-22-Woody01.jpg

Finally got my hands on this.

Guelph_Eramosa-20120822-00355.jpg

The art book is a lot cheaper than I thought it would be (not hardcover) but I'm really excited to play the game.

isny

napkin dispenser
Two Disney iphone cases. One Disneyland limited edition of 2012 units, and one Walt Disney World Anniversary case =D

ttVZtl.jpg
cBETYl.jpg

Went and picked up a red XL for my stepson, yesterday. I picked up my blue XL on Sunday. Traded in his Aqua Blue 3DS/my Midnight Purple 3DS for the red. He was happy. I'm happy.

e5d39319684574dbce218c25c7a1ea28.jpg

^Kid Icarus stands make great display cradles :p

xJavonta

Banned
ibjwPvXWA47N0M.jpg

Going further down the road of the glorious master race, I figured a new keyboard was in order as well. It wasn't cheap, but I ended up getting a Logitech K800 wireless illuminated keyboard. Absolutely love this thing.
Nice! Is this one of the models that have the W + Shift + Space combination disabled? Or did you get lucky and get one of the earlier produced ones that have the better matrix?
I'm ready.

Newly acquired PS VITA along with my trusty 3DS.

That white 3DS looks nice, and so does the Vita. A white Assassin's Creed vita next to that would look sick

Cade

That white 3DS looks nice, and so does the Vita. A white Assassin's Creed vita next to that would look sick

Damn, you're right, which is why I wish they would've gone with a white Circle Pad. Such a bummer.

augustpickups1o3y.png

Only things I've picked up this month. I've read all the books before, but had only borrowed 'em from libraries, nice to own them. Currently in the process of rereading them.

Absolute Power is better than I remembered it being, pretty good, and The Long Halloween just still holds up so well.

NSMB2 is just amazing. No complaints.

edit: picture's a little odd. forgive me

EktorPR

August saw me return to the wonderful world of handheld gaming! :D

3DS XL in red w/ Majora's Mask shield decal.
iHzoPw11gizkV.jpeg

New Super Mario Bros. 2 - Nintendo eShop
ibaDPw3Mk6vmI9.JPG

3D Classics Excitebike - Nintendo eShop (through Club Nintendo)
i1ElbALgdoSmU.JPG

Pushmo - Nintendo eShop
i05m1d2Mq53El.JPG

Mighty Switch Force! - Nintendo eShop
iFZXxjRFjuKGH.JPG

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX - Nintendo eShop
ibpmnMN7E7aXpG.JPG

Grief.exe

August saw me return to the wonderful world of handheld gaming! :D

3DS XL in red w/ Majora's Mask shield decal.
http://i.minus.com/iHzoPw11gizkV.jpeg

[B]New Super Mario Bros. 2[/B] - Nintendo eShop
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibaDPw3Mk6vmI9.JPG

[B]3D Classics Excitebike[/B] - Nintendo eShop (through Club Nintendo)
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i1ElbALgdoSmU.JPG

[B]Pushmo[/B] - Nintendo eShop
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i05m1d2Mq53El.JPG

[B]Mighty Switch Force![/B] - Nintendo eShop
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iFZXxjRFjuKGH.JPG

[B]The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX[/B] - Nintendo eShop
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibpmnMN7E7aXpG.JPG

Show some of these in action! Especially links awakening dx

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
think i need to get my nes stuff together to see what i have because i think i already bought shatter hand :p anyway

NES: Batman, Shatter Hand
bathand.jpg

Mickey Mousecapade, Cyber Ball
cybermickey.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Shatterhand is very decent. One of the lesser known Megaman-alikes on NES.

Deefuzz

Two Disney iphone cases. One Disneyland limited edition of 2012 units, and one Walt Disney World Anniversary case =D

I actually dig that Disneyland one a bit. I assume that it's something you have to get at the park given the limited edition nature?

Top Bottom