• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Iacobellis

Haha yea, I've had the Nikon bias ingrained in me from an early age since my dad uses one. As for the computer, it really depends on whether you want to use it for gaming or not, or if you have a preference for OSX or Windows 7/8. I'm not much of a PC gamer and the macbook has bootcamp, so it was a no brainer for me haha.

And yea, I do have a flickr

I added you! I'm really liking your current setup. On top of that, I just ordered the lens I was talking about. Went with a 50mm, next up will be a telephoto or fisheye.

Bassun

So close, yet so far away. Thanks for the link though. You have an excellent Flickr page.

Thanks haha. I'm sure if you google them, you should be able to find some in stock on other sites

I added you! I'm really liking your current setup. On top of that, I just ordered the lens I was talking about. Went with a 50mm, next up will be a telephoto or fisheye.

Haha you're gonna love the DOF and the sharpness. Night pictures in particular are brilliant on the 50.

And yea, I'll add your flickr in return :)

Sagitario

You need to tell me where you got those Mawaru Penguindrum figures. Please, I'll do anything.

Didn't know you were a fan <3

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005YWWGSS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-IPN-2626

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10167241

I will send you a PM with the stuff I want you to do...
JKVWv.gif

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE

Iacobellis

Thanks haha. I'm sure if you google them, you should be able to find some in stock on other sites

Haha you're gonna love the DOF and the sharpness. Night pictures in particular are brilliant on the 50.

And yea, I'll add your flickr in return :)

Haha, I'll be sure to bring the camera next time I hit up New York. Is a speedlight necessary for photos in low light, such as on the streets at night? The built-in flash is incredibly weak and blows out the colors at times.

Sagitario

I'm not! It wasn't until you posted those screenshots that I even knew what series the penguins were from, but man, they're really cute. Thanks for the links.

what do you mean the stuff you want me to do :( I'm calling a mod.

Can I choose the mod?
vzF3g.gif

Yes, they are freakingly cute

Bassun

Haha, I'll be sure to bring the camera next time I hit up New York. Is a speedlight necessary for photos in low light, such as on the streets at night? The built-in flash is incredibly weak and blows out the colors at times.

I've never actually used one before, so you're gonna have to take the leap and update us on the results haha

Iacobellis

I've never actually used one before, so you're gonna have to take the leap and update us on the results haha

Man, I'm just so excited for the lens. Only issue I know I will have is the lack of autofocus because the D3100 does not have it's own AF motor.

Alebrije

New stereo for PC

2Orst.jpg

Good games, specially the FF PSP

FeyRQ.jpg

My old 300 series was remplaced by this baby :

wx0Bk.jpg
lyvI3.jpg

Some of my work, currently working on my chessboard :
x5tXE.jpg

For home bar :
HH5Sg.jpg
X2Azu.jpg

Grief.exe

Wow, I so would want to do computer work in there. I'm having the biggest toss up between building a computer or getting the new MacBook Pro at a higher price. Every time I see that Retina Display, I just can't contain myself. Coming from a late 2009 C2D 15" Pro, either computer would be a huge improvement.

P.S. Nikon is the way to go! D3100 user over here. Do you have a Flickr account by any chance?

Building your own would obviously be far better price/performance. You could probably get a similar screen, if not better, and save money at the same time.

Iacobellis

Building your own would obviously be far better price/performance. You could probably get a similar screen, if not better, and save money at the same time.

I am actually going for bigger, 24 inch BenQ at 1920x1080. Not as sharp as an Apple display, but the price is so sweet.

And yea, I do have a flickr

This is great stuff. I'm hoping to pick up a DSLR, probably on Black Friday, because right now my Fuji 550Exr is just a pain. You can only choose between 3 different apertures at any given time and what those 3 are depends on how zoomed in you are, so manual is not entirely manual. Plus I'm not too great of a photographer to begin with but I think I'd learn more if I had a proper manual camera to play with.

Hot damn! That black NeGcon is one to hold onto. Nice find on that rarity.

It's very nice, smaller and more comfortable than the white one!
I learned of it only last year, but i've seen a few on my travels since then, so i question it's rarity in Japan.
I don't think many people in the western world know of it's existence, leading people to believe it's rare, but probably not really.
Only 980Y for this guy too :)

It's from Pop Culture Shock Toys and it was a limited run, I believe only 75 were made. It's like 300 dollars. I just wanna know how he got it!

I entered the email lottery that Pop Culture Shock did for the statue, and I won. That was the only way to get one. First 75 emails with a request for a statue, got a statue. Basically got really lucky is all. From what I understand, the company received hundreds of email requests the second the offer went live, and thousands of requests in the minutes that followed.

How many kids you got?

Three. The KH's are for my two daughters (7 and 9) for Christmas so they have gone into hiding, but everyone got Mario today.

I haven't even played Mario or my new XL yet - my wife (who normally won't touch anything but PC games) has spent the last two hours with them :|

ag95H.jpg

Honestly don't know what to make of this game. A lot of it reminds me of the Fable games, but the dialog is so generic and boring, I just constantly skip through. It's alright, I'm about 5 hours in, but it's just not grabbing me.

FStop7

Banned
Got my copies of Garou: MotW and Samurai Shodown.

Garou is hands down the best looking 16 bit game I've ever played. The character animations are beautiful. And to think it's all done the old fashioned way, animating sprites manually, frame by frame.

iFoQMIuQm5bsi.JPG

im6UeNPZEsbvq.jpg

Saroyan

Pickups for August so far,

Devil Summoner 1 and Devil Summoner 2 Raiho Special Edition
Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2
Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time
P4 Arena
The Last Story
SSFIV: Arcade Edition
Uncharted 3
Willy Wonka Blu-ray book
And my first smart phone, a Samsung Galaxy SIII

MoosiferX

Just got back from a Seattle trip (Mariners game and other hijinks) so I thought I'd post my loot!

seattleloot01.jpg

Dragon Quest Monster Encyclopedia!

seattleloot02.jpg

Final Fantasy XI 10th Anniversary Art Book

seattleloot03.jpg

The Worms 2 original soundtrack (!?) and Super Momotaru Densetsu II! Quite the random pairing.

seattleloot04.jpg

Not Yet's latest single, and a Nana Mizuki EP for the Mrs.!

seattleloot05.jpg

A couple F.F. piano collections (more music to play at the store), for XIII and IV/V/VI.

seattleloot06.jpg

More music to play at our store! I have a bunch of other Bebop CD's but not this one for some reason. Also, Perfume's latest CD.

seattleloot07.jpg

They were having a neat little festival outside of Uwajimaya's grocery store and the Mrs. and I got some festival masks ~ Ultraman and Kamen Rider.

seattleloot08.jpg

Last but not least, the Mariners delivered the first win I've seen in the last 12 games I've been to! This was the sweetest gift of all!

Sorry for the low quality pics - I always get nervous about posting anything.

jbueno

Got my copies of Garou: MotW and Samurai Shodown.

Garou is hands down the best looking 16 bit game I've ever played. The character animations are beautiful. And to think's all done the old fashioned way, animating sprites manually, frame by frame.

iFoQMIuQm5bsi.JPG

im6UeNPZEsbvq.jpg

htdt4.jpg

Someday I´m getting a Cab with an MVS system, and Garou is the first thing that´s going into it. Great pickup!

Ban Puncher

All these 3DS XL's is making it awfully hard to resist but I will remain steadfast and continue to wait for the all white version to make it's way out of Japan, slumming it with this launch black 3DS.

Iacobellis

All these 3DS XL's is making it awfully hard to resist but I will remain steadfast and continue to wait for the all white version to make it's way out of Japan, slumming it with this launch black 3DS.

I'm right here with you. All these DSLR photos make the red look beautiful, but I'm trying to hold out on the white or inevitable translucent model. God, the white would so take me back to the DS Lite days!

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'm right here with you. All these DSLR photos make the red look beautiful, but I'm trying to hold out on the white or inevitable translucent model. God, the white would so take me back to the DS Lite days!
I'd kill for one, but let's not kid ourselves.

milkham

The issue initially went away for a good year or so, but then it returned and it never got better :\

Truth be told, I much prefer having two scroll buttons on the rev rather than just the single one on the performance mx. Wonder why they took the feature off.

I have the exact same problem with mine now. Annoying as hell.

My 5 year-old Logitech MX Revolution also needed to be replaced since there was an issue with the left-button click registering as a double click, so I replaced it with the new Performance MX.

Had the same problem with my MX revolution, it started developing the double click problem, I looked at the performance MX and didn't like losing the wheel so I opened it, took the little copper film out of an old mouse button switch and swapped it with the failing one in the Revolution, that solved it for a while but it came back, I grabbed a refurbished Revolution and the same thing happened. Ended up with a G700 so at least i'd have a comparable number of "buttons" but THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO THE G700. I opened this one up and swapped the switch also but I don't know if I"m going to buy Logitech anymore.

milkham

Have you looked at the Rokinon fish eyes? manual focus, manual aperture but they're great for the price.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002LTWDSK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I shoot Canon but just picked up the micro 4/3 version because I wanted something small to carry around and I like it.

Top Bottom