• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Dereck

UFXcScL.jpg

Sooo nice.
Where did you buy this

I'm in the UK and bought it from eBay. The seller had previously bought it from Dancap, the only distributor of Hakko products in the UK. I was going to contact them but happened upon this and saved a good 25% or so.

Takes 22 seconds to get to 400 degrees, so so much better than the 30W plug in iron I had. The tips scream quality too, super pleased with it.

Aksys had a contest for random free stuff on twitter a couple weeks ago and somehow I was one of the winners. I actually got all this like a week ago and but laziness means you guys get to see it all today.

My camera is a potato so here's a gallery filled with an even closer look through my potato.

I'm sure someone at Aksys is a gaffer so a late thanks for all the free stuff especially to Mike02 who surely must be their number 1 mike, how modest of him.

Greeings, it's Mike02. Glad you liked the stuff (I did warn you it'd be totally random). As for the name, I was actually Mike number 5 when I was hired. The "2" thing came from the fact that I was the only other one who actually went by "Mike". Others used "Michael" or their last names.

The more you know...

MauroNL

Last purchase of the month, first tattoo. Would have done both wrists but planning a zelda tattoo on the other wrist. Terrified of needles so I consider this a brave step for me.

RvI8MzUl.jpg
Congratz man, looks awesome. All you need now is the matching sweater ;)

Very nice but what was wrong with the pioneer? Just curious.

edit: oh shit just saw it 9.2 atmos ! That my next change too NICE

Actually nothing was wrong with the Elite. My only complaint about it was that it sounded a little bright and for 2ch music it could have been a little better. For movies though it kicked ass. Not sure if it was because of the earlier generation Class D amp or if that is just Pioneer regarding the bright trebles.

Main reason for the change is 4K passthrough, More hdmi inputs because I actually ran out on the Elite lol, warmer sound, better connectivity in terms of SirusXM internet radio etc. Also 9.2 Atmos was nice bonus. =)

I have the 2030. Sooooo nice.

Yeah A little after I got my Elite my buddy got a A1020 and I was impressed. 2ch audio and movies sounded soooo good. I think the 20 series is when they started adding the Bass EQ for sub correction.

I went and auditioned a 3100W to get an idea of what the 4100W may sound like, an SC85 and A2040 and the 2040 just sounded better. So I think I will be pretty happy. I have had a busy week and havent set it up yet but thats the plan tomorrow.

Whats your thoughts on YPAO? I have heard mixed opinions on it. Avs is all over the place for it. Everyone swears by Audyssey EQ32, fine tuning I will probably pull out the SPL meter

BOTEC

If there is one thing I learned over the years from reading NeoGAF, is that if you don't have the right equipment, you're doing it wrong. So I bought a keyboard for $100.

PtXTDKS.jpg

Those are Cherry MX Brown's in there. It also comes in red and blue flavors if you're into that. I quite like it, but after clicking around a bit maybe I should have gone for the blues. It feels a little weird without the *click* feedback.

eXistor

Got the mug for free from my awesome colleague after giving him one of my Zelda LBW Treasure chest pre-order bonuses (they go for insane amounts on eBay). He appreciated it and gave me the mug, so that's nice of him.

Also a couple of GB games for free.

HkvztTs.jpg

nPmwNyW.jpg

Got the mug for free from my awesome colleague after giving him one of my Zelda LBW Treasure chest pre-order bonuses (they go for insane amounts on eBay). He appreciated it and gave me the mug, so that's nice of him.

Cheapest is €24,99 atm. Hardly cheap for a plastic gadget, but not exactly an 'insane amount'.

Anyway: nice mug! ;-)

eXistor

Cheapest is €24,99 atm. Hardly cheap for a plastic gadget, but not exactly an 'insane amount'.

Anyway: nice mug! ;-)

I dunno, I'm seeing most of them at 40-50 (unopened) which I consider insane for what's a free pre-order bonus.

/edit: that €25,- one is without the €7,- shipping cost btw, which effectively makes it €32.

Muppety

Steelbooks and Twin Peaks (been wanting to watch it for a long time)

Games! I've only played the tiniest bit of the original Silent Hill and have yet to play the others, but I'll finally be rectifying that.

New phone is a bit of a godsend after my relatively long love-hate relationship with a Galaxy Note, though it doesn't take the best pictures.

SegaShack

Went to Game Dude in North Hollywood. I was mainly looking for a second Saturn controller, preferably a 3D one. They straight up had an official 3D Saturn controller brand new just chilling there for $15. When I asked to get it (everything is behind cases), the guy told me he had to get one from the back.

By this point I just assumed the box was a display copy and he was getting me a loose, used controller. Nope, he came back with another new one. Not sure where this stockpile of new Saturn controllers came from, but am very thankful. Got Sonic Shuffle for DC as well since I've never played it and my Dreamcast doesn't play burned discs. The game was also $15.

Also got a Knuckles Funko Pop at a comic book store.

kierwynn

The boyfriend and I finally got a ps4. We each picked a game when we got it- he chose The Last of Us and I picked Plants vs Zombies. Really liking the system so far! Also picked up Xillia 2 which I'm hoping to start soon.

levyjl1988

Banned
Got my copies of games signed @ Fan Expo Canada.

UDyquhC.jpg

Copies signed.

alzz5dm.jpg

Steven Ogg, the voice of Trevor from GTA V

s2wv2W2.jpg

John Tench, the voice of T-Bone and Billy MacLellan, the voice of Tobias Frewer.

-----

Past signings before @ Fan Expo, long ago...

82sHnq3.jpg

SL736606.jpg

6770_122899097495_509757495_2497061_863035_n.jpg

CAM_0358.jpg

My buddy and I (he's on the left, I'm on the right on the pictures) went to Fan Expo yesterday too, he has all the pictures...

But I got to meet the voices of Goku (Sean Schemmel)

Vegeta (Chris Sabat)

and Trunks (Eric Vale, funny guy, got a pic but it's on my buddy's phone)

I also bought myself some goodies:

Left to right, top to bottom, Original piece, Makoto (Persona 3 MC), Mikasa and Eren on their horses (Attack on Titan), Katanagatari's Togame and Shichika, Heisenberg and Jesse figures from Breaking Bad, a Velvet Key (Persona), Shadow of the Colossus (same artist as the original piece btw), Attack on Titan "recruiting" fan-art poster, God Eater 2 for the Vita (cuz we are never gonna see it here LOL) and lastly, an Aincrad arc Kirito figure.

Buying frames for all this art to put up in my room.[/QUOTE]

BrunoM

What is this?

Looks like a electric pencil sharpener.
LMAO
HAHAHAA

Ok not behind mean or anything but thank you I needed that laugh (no joke here really needed it)

Didn't see it coming and then I kept reading your comment so much I started to see it lol

Omega

Banned
New PC gaming monitor. Big upgrade from my old 23" 120hz unit. Games look so amazing and smooth at 2560x1440 GSync 144hz.

That looks like the Corsair K70 with red backlit LED. Assuming I'm right, does it get distracting? I was looking into getting it but one of the videos I saw, the LEDs looked way too bright and distracting.

Gameboy415

3vJ6QUH.jpg

-I randomly found all of these awesome Nintendo figures at Savers - the Toad figure goes great with my growing collection of Figmas & World of Nintendo figures!

2yrOUnL.jpg

-I grabbed the first 2 volumes of Kill La Kill and was pleasantly surprised to find out that the Kingdom Hearts II manga has started up again - the most recent volume I'd read (V5) was released in 2007!

b3VUcVM.jpg

-I got these 20% off at Half-Price Books.

u8jkQNU.jpg

-I got AVP at Gamestop and the rest of the games were 20% off at Half-Price Books.

nLFo33R.jpg

-I got all of these great SNES games on eBay. The top 4 games were part of a lot (got em all for about the price of the SMA/SMW combo cart alone!) and I'm psyched to finally have the StarFox 2 & English Terranigma repros - both have great quality labels & work perfectly!

Evo X

That looks like the Corsair K70 with red backlit LED. Assuming I'm right, does it get distracting? I was looking into getting it but one of the videos I saw, the LEDs looked way too bright and distracting.

Yeah, it's a K70. Best keyboard I've ever used by a mile. The red LEDs have 3 brightness settings. I use the dimmest one and it isn't distracting at all. There is also an option to turn them off completely if you want.

Top Bottom