• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
So uhhh. I bought like 500+ games today lol.

10408867_10152399959268883_4791752449944933536_n.jpg

Can I ask you where did you get that watch from ? ... It looks really good , do you have a website or something I can order it from ?

See what n8nmonster posted! It was a Comic-Con exclusive!

RkOwnage

Haven't posted pickups in a while, probably forgetting a lot of things, but here goes:

Games recently bought:
Kbburiml.jpg

New Printer for custom game cases and other things
A6eYPFUl.jpg

Awesome Mario figure set, I preordered the Luigi set too, Luigi >
FRCBBA9l.jpg

Various Nintendo figures and those Pop collectibles, saw a Joker and Raphael one, and had to have, and the Groot bobblehead from LootCrate August
guOeY39l.jpg

Buddy got my a Hyrule Shield replica for the man cave!
8IWfSWsl.jpg

Sakura

Ordered some photos of my waifu off Yahoo Auctions over the past couple weeks.
Last one finally arrived today.

Though I've ran out of money for food, so maybe it wasn't such a good idea.
But oh well I get paid in a few days (  ̄▽ ̄)

Buddy got my a Hyrule Shield replica for the man cave!
8IWfSWsl.jpg
That's cool, is it actually made out of metal?

420bits

Finally got a matching mic to go with my AKG q701, totally ready for Destiny now!

Modmic from antlion
c80mFWB.jpg

Also, backer t-shirt (among other things) from Cyanide & happiness.
ckoCUvS.jpg

Damn mark. Was that some kind of huge craigslist posting? It's all PS2-and newer. My mind is boggled at for what purpose to buy all of that.

If it was older stuff i could see it,but XB360 and PS2 stuff seems like an odd choice. Maybe it was dirt cheap? haha

eXistor

That's pretty cool!

How much did it set you back after shipping, import taxes and everything?

I wasn't expecting the import fees to be as high as they were. In the end it was about €180,- (including the €40,- import fees) which is just way too much, but hey I'm happy with it, it works pretty well imo.

Linius

Fables part one and two deluxe edition. One is in his Dutch because I impulse bought it for too much money at the local comicbook store because I wanted something to read on my holiday. Bought part 2 in English for about ten euros less. Another Murakami book. And two 2014 albums, Protomartyr on the left and Spoon on the right.

I buy these mugs in big city's I visit that have their own mug design. They also do them for countries but I like the city ones better. They usually have one or two landmarks from the city on them so they work quite well as a nice souvenir for me.

i dont get this riding a bike to work thing. how do you deal with sweat?

You can also just not bike hard enough to work up a huge sweat. I bike every day and don't shower or change clothes.

Then again, I also seem to be predisposed to not sweating very much in general besides my forehead.

KingErich

Banned

Damn, chick looks 16. How old is she really?

The_Monk

So uhhh. I bought like 500+ games today lol.

10408867_10152399959268883_4791752449944933536_n.jpg

By the gods Mark, that is truly incredible my good good GAFfer! Any story behind this? I was just going to post my pick-up but then I saw yours and now I feel... strange.

Oh well, it's not going to stop me, you got 500+ games? Everyone chill out, I got this:

I got Tron Evolution for PC for 50 cents:

1h9Hwgll.jpg

The coffee before that was more expensive.

RkOwnage

Nah it's more wood than anything, some metal pieces on it, but not fully metal.

waiting for next week release of Megaman x4 and x5 on PSstore bought Irregular Hunter X and just for compensate that i dont have my 3DS anymore to play Mgs3 on the go bought Mgs3 HD

Mj5fnIQ.jpg

I picked up a lot of anime related stuff this month because I went to a convention.

jPbScL.jpg

Z82q6S.jpg

wLaLUw.jpg

nFwfr6.jpg

Didn't pick up many games this month but I think these two will last me a while :)

lQ7Xfp.jpg

JNA

Banned
CuKrg0vh.jpg

This came last week. Haven't opened it yet since I have a pretty big backlog and I am close to finishing Tales of Xillia 1.

Can't wait to see the pocket watch though. :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
By the gods Mark, that is truly incredible my good good GAFfer! Any story behind this? I was just going to post my pick-up but then I saw yours and now I feel... strange.

haha, there is actually a VERY crazy story behind this. I can't type it up now but I will later.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

What the HELL are you doing?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
What's the matter? :(

Ah, if he made that post thinking I spent a lot of money on the photos or something, I should say they were only around 300~500 yen each.

He's jelly of your waifu. XD

I don't see what the problem is. It's not entirely unheard of for people to purchase pictures of artists that they're fond of. Especially sets they willingly pose for.

You/He ordered pictures AT THE EXPENSE OF FOOD.

Really impressed/jealous (jealessed?) with all the pickups in this thread. Such a great idea though!

So my August purchase is a new flat :> a 2 floor job with a sizeable balcony. So so pleased with it! I realise it's a bit of a mess and mish mash of furniture but it's my first place, give it time ;D
Sorry for the quality, shaky phone cam hands!

Living room/kitchen. The Magma Red PS4 controller is a new addition too :D
MrmIRTk.jpg

Hallway with loads of boxes and fantasy/scifi books and second bedroom in the back
PuSLAaJ.jpg

Where the magic happens. The *just* visible box in the top left of the tv stand is a new Pioneer 329-K AV receiver. Really pleased with it :D
slU4Q3M.jpg

Got a few other bits I will snap when I am back home!

Fables part one and two deluxe edition. One is in his Dutch because I impulse bought it for too much money at the local comicbook store because I wanted something to read on my holiday. Bought part 2 in English for about ten euros less. Another Murakami book. And two 2014 albums, Protomartyr on the left and Spoon on the right.

That Murakami book will be one of the best reads of your life. The only other one I hold in such high regard is 'Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman'. Good call on Spoon too, I get to see them live this Friday!

What?

What is a waifu and why?

meppi

Wow is that a backer cover for the untold history of japanese developers book? It looks awesome. I'm really looking forward to the book but I am pretty underwhelmed with the cover shown on amazon. I'm kinda hoping that it is placeholder or something.

Yes, that's the gold edition print. Was £40 along with a digital copy which has yet to arrive.
Just looked up the Amazon cover. Yeah... really glad I backed the kickstarted now.

Not a huge haul for the month of August, but I was very happy to add to my slowly-expanding PS2 collection, as well as finally getting my hands on a Game Boy Player, and being able to put some serious time into Diablo III.

BMd5SGd.jpg

Top Bottom