• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Asparagus said:
Bits and bats I've bought over the past month or so.

2u5x4qp.jpg

The important thing here is that you bought The Witcher, which is a fucking awesome game. Nice job.

All of this was given to me today from a friend:
2ufemgm.jpg

(Why there are 6 controllers is beyond me)
Games- Ice Hockey, Golf, James Bond Jr., Batman The Video Game, Big Birds Hide & Speak, Bigfoot, Track and Field, The Simpsons- Bart vs the World, RBI Baseball, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, Festers Quest, and Jackal.

I sold my original at a garage sale many moons ago so I could afford the new hotness of a Sega Saturn. Now it's back! :D

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
2q0uir4.jpg

The room is stilll a work in progress but I picked up a new TV stand. I dig it. Still got work to do in the room though. Goddamned cable management is a bitch. =/

KaYotiX

Banned
Yeah cable management is a huge hassle but worth it, ONLY time i hate it is when im switching a component out and i need to re-do it all. All worth it though to have a clean look.

Bull

I grabbed Dawn of Discovery when I heard it was only $30. Good stuff. Rock Band: AC/DC was only $10 so I decided to get back into Rock Band.

IMG_1795.jpg

Marvel vs Capcom 2! Love it but I'm too terrible to try playing online.

IMG_1787.jpg

I've always wanted to play the Half-Life expansions so I grabbed them when they were under $2 each.

Steam200908.jpg

JudgeN

Yes Boss! said:
I still have to get that. Why is it so inexpensive this time?

One more day for August but I've got some stuff arriving just in time today!

From what I read I basically a service pack aka code optimizations no new features.

LiK

Totobeni said:
lil update on my Batman CE

3873578165_4ffb783078_o.jpg

but if you throw it , it sadly won't return to your hand :(

hey, i didn't know you could take it off the stand. cool. i think the BAtarang was the weakest item in the CE. i liked the bounded booklet better :lol

sikkinixx

IMG_0511.jpg

My $230 16GB iPhone 3G. Dude at work went swimming with it in his pocket and was gonna throw the 3G away since he had got a 3GS to replace it. I snagged it from him and brought it to Apple for replacement. $230, no questions asked. Now I have a fancy new phone. Bummer is I have to unlock it to use it on Fido instead of Rogers, ugh. More jailbreak headaches...

Ecto311

Echoes said:
Mesmerizing collection.

Man, posts like this make me a lot more likely to go get this even though I already have the games in the original format. Does anyone know if this is really limited or just labeled so?

PS2 and PS3 Slim:

A VMWare ESX 3i book to help prepare for the VCP test:

A new vacuum. I bought a Eureka Boss 4D last year. It was a POS that just shat dust everywhere, so I went with a cheapy:

Triple Dipped and got SFIV PC:

Some Burays from Amazon's Buy 2 get one free sale. There's a lot of movies I'd like to buy but I haven't watched one Bluray movie (except for when I was back in Japan):

My big purchase for the month, a Pioneer KRP-500M. I also bought the stand and speakers (it doesn't come with anything except for the actual monitor). I apologize for the crappy photos, but I don't have a bi or tripod to put the camera on and be able to take a photo with good light, etc:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yo, check this shit, I got some dishes an' shyt, but you can only see the glass I got there. Right now, it's filled with booze.

Also, I pictured my new monitor. Sorry for not removing the protective shit and the sticker. It looks pretty stupid, I know.

img_0033.jpg

Alright, that was fun. Ima go try out Dissidia. Hopefully that's fun too.

Yes Boss!

Last item for this month, just in a nick of time. Slim is sweet...like Sony decided to wake up finally and give this generation a go. Bring on the Go:

P1020173.jpg

Got a spice rack for my kitchen. Holds my seven most used spices:

P1020176.jpg

An inexpensive (read: thin and un-cladded) gravy pan:

P1020184.jpg

Oil/Clarified butter pot:

P1020181.jpg

Toby

Stabby McSter said:
DSC_0101.jpg

bought new parts for my new board since my last one snapped :(
Nice! Friends said I was crazy when I got Independent's because they were "so heavy!" But, they have lasted 5 years now.

A few late August game purchases (more still coming in the mail):

- USA Xbox 360: Madden 08, Shrek the 3rd and Wall-E

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

- Euro Xbox 360: A-Train HX

IMG_2302.jpg

- NTSC-J Xbox 360: Magna Carta II Korean version with pre-order bonus: booklet + soundtrack (booklet is kind cool)

IMG_2298.jpg

Plus I pick-up the local flavours of Edge and OXM from July (will take pictures later)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
I hab my own font!

2r43mzs.jpg

oh what the... hell nah!

I have my own font too!

OK you got me...

http://www.dafont.com/mark.font

^ see

damn. at least my font looks better...

---

Here's what I got awhile ago... I was only able to post pics today...

[/B]
6009_122894028882_507353882_2421731_2557848_n.jpg

6009_122894053882_507353882_2421733_3525577_n.jpg

6009_122894038882_507353882_2421732_2461522_n.jpg

(Want one to? Go to PAX or check Capcom's web store or GameShark webstore during PAX weekend!)

LiK

Echoes said:
Sadly no. I pre-ordered it through Amazon, maybe that's why?

oh ok, yea, t-shirt was Gamestop. now i know why GS didn't get any posters, Amazon snatched them up, hehe

Gameboy415

Some last-minute pick-ups in August:

0908Manga3.jpg

I got all of this manga for only 1200円! Book-Off had all 105円 manga "3-for-200円" so I grabbed a bunch of older stuff I've been interested in:

ZENKI 1,2,4-7, 11,12 - action manga. I've played 2 games based on the manga and I wanted to check it out.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 1 & 2 - Based on the original Gamecube game.
Akira Toriyama Collection Volume 2 - Short stories by the creator of Dragonball
ツリッキーズピン太郎 2 - Fishing manga with really nice art and an...interesting cover. haha
星のカービィ 10,11,13,14,16,17 - Based on the games. Love the crazy covers!

0908Sony3.jpg

Got all of these at Book-Off for only 900円! I almost bought just the PS2 game for 2000円 last week!

Remote Control Dandy SF for PS2 - Giant Robot game like R.A.D. I've been wanting to check out
Fantastic Pinball 球転界 - Only 100円 and it looked interesting.
Pocket MuuMuu - A PocketStation game featuring the MuuMuus from Jumping Flash! Now I have to buy a PocketStation....d'oh!

That's about it for August (especially seeing how it's already September 1st here in Japan!), but I should have a big post in a few weeks after TGS 2009! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom