• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norante said:
3869292092_ca9137eb7e.jpg

:D

Nice! Considering one of those for our next car.

nyprimus2

My brother gave me his Wii since he got 360.

15g4jr4.jpg

-wii
-wiimote (nunchuk is in my house somewhere)
-monoprice component cables (i ordered these and got them in last week)
-251 and 59 official gamecube memory cards
-black and silver official wired gamecube controllers
-gamecube games: bloody roar: primal fury, pikmin, pikmin 2, zelda: wind waker, super smash bros. melee, super mario sunshine
-wii games: no more heroes, okami, super mario galaxy, super paper mario, super smash bros. brawl, zelda: twilight princess, zach and wiki

i'm going to buy a second wiimote + nunchuk and mario kart wii with a second wheel soon.

Kobiekun

Dreamcast.jpg

Brand new. This is backup Dreamcast #2. :D Ready to celeberate 09/09/09.

DragonQuestV.jpg

Tales of it becoming scarce sent me into a panic. Turns out it's not so scarce (but at least I didn't overpay).

Omega_Boost.jpg

Win.

LiK

final Aug pick-ups

awesome game!
batman_AA.jpg

MP_trilogy.jpg

dissidia.jpg

got this used. in perfect condition. thanks to Giant Bomb for doing a quick look
incredible.jpg

i love this amp, works great
cable-amp.jpg

blu-rays
BSG_TB.jpg

figures, Mai and Reco
mai_reco.jpg

vocab

LiK said:
final Aug pick-ups

got this used. in perfect condition. thanks to Giant Bomb for doing a quick look
incredible.jpg

Awesome. I wouldn't mind having a copy, but can't find it for a decent price. That quick look made me play through the whole game though :lol

DeVeAn

SuperJ said:
Dreamcast.jpg

Brand new. This is backup Dreamcast #2. :D Ready to celeberate 09/09/09.

DragonQuestV.jpg

Tales of it becoming scarce sent me into a panic. Turns out it's not so scarce (but at least I didn't overpay).

Omega_Boost.jpg

Win.
Full of win there. Dreamcast, Hell yes.

CiSTM

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Damn, you threw down a chunk for that sexy BG box. I'm a careful spender when it comes to blu-ray but I'm considering double dipping on that set. Still haven't seen the final season yet.

What I understand the box is just awful. Wait for the euro box and import it.

from the hd movie thread:
Brandon F said:
Just got my BSG boxset and WHOLLY SHIT is the packaging ass.

The box itself is attractive and will surely call attention on any shelf, but the flimsy cardboard disc holders are GARBAGE. Also, there is no episode listing anywhere, so finding a specific disc to insert for a particular episode or special feature will require a lot of trial and error.

The inclusion of the Cylon figure is just totally unnecessary and garish, at least it sits in a quasi coffin on top of the box that is mostly hidden from the naked eye on a shelf, but I bought into this for an organized and cohesive trove of Battlestar High-Def goodness. This layout is amateurish and unnecessary.

amazon.com comment section and other sites have been pretty mad about the box quality.

3870032041_f38871d267.jpg

Picked up a DSi exclusively for Aa! Mujou! Setsuna!, the new shooter from the makers of Ketsui DS. Hopefully I can justify the purchase when it's out this Wednesday.

Yes Boss!

Thanks for the heads-up on the game adverse...off to play-asia.

Awesome choice on DSi color. I collect the pink versions but don't yet have that one.

EDIT: Shmup is DSiware...even better and a savings of $40!

eXistor

Sevket-Erhat said:
I have the Canadian version and it does not look like that
Mine looks exactly like that. I can't find anything odd about the cover. The Teen Adolescents bit is just english and french as every Canadian cover is.

Yes Boss! said:

Awesome choice on DSi color. I collect the pink versions but don't yet have that one.

That Red DSi is a Japan exclusive. The Pink DSi is coming soon, though.

Yes Boss!

Oh, red...looked like the hot pink on my phone. Still, sexy color.

Pink was released a few months back. You just know US will get the Red eventually...probably as a Target release.

ngower

Bii said:
Quick and dirty pics

3867416071_a66ed25c5f_o.jpg

3868197218_01ffc155fa_o.jpg

3867416161_e1b63bc4b7_o.jpg

Korg SP-250. Portable Digital Piano. $703.
The Piano Handbook - A Complete Guide for Mastering Piano Book/CD. Carl Humphries. $20
The keyboard is an early birthday present to myself. It's not as portable as you might think since this thing weighs a little over 40 lbs. I'm just beginning to learn piano so I bought a book that will help me along the way. My brother and cousin will be overseeing my progress as they are farther along than I am. In the long run, I'm hoping to be able to read and play off of music sheets without the use of video tutorials on Youtube.
audio technica ATH-M40fs. Headphones. Free.
These headphones came free with the Korg. Realistically, I'm not sure if I'll use them at all.

3863705934_718ec38e8e_o.jpg

3863706046_2605143ab8_o.jpg

Nike Dunk Low Premium SB - Angel & Devil. Size 11. $73
Nike Dunk Mid Pro SB - Batman. Size 10.5. $75
Needed some new kicks. Last weekend, I spent a good 7-8 hours traversing SF's Chinatown/Pier 39 with the Angel & Devil SB; they were comfortable and didn't leave my feet aching. The last pair of SBs I bought were the Brian Anderson camo high-tops when they were first released.

IMG_0403.png

Civilization Revolution. $4.99.
iFPS Online. Free.
Minigore. $0.99.
StoneLoops! of Jurassica. $0.99.
Wolfenstein 3D Classic. $0.99.
Wolfenstein RPG. $2.99.
A Doodle Flight. $0.99.
Inkvaders. $0.99.
More iPhone games, yay! I'm not sure if any of them will detract me from playing Sol Free solitaire (70+ hours played, wat!).

Your post had me listening to piano covers of songs from Miyazaki films for the past hour or so:lol

I've always wanted to learn piano, just don't have the patience.

Yes Boss! said:
Oh, red...looked like the hot pink on my phone. Still, sexy color.

Pink was released a few months back.

Uh, not the Pink DSi. White and Pink were just confirmed to come to America a few weeks ago..

But yeah Red will eventually get here.

Yes Boss! said:

EDIT: Shmup is DSiware...even better and a savings of $40!

Be careful brother. We still haven't confirmed that people can download Japanese DSi games from overseas.

For me this is currently the only reason to own a DSi. If a new Castlevania comes out for it of course I'd have to play that though.

red shoe paul said:
But yeah Red will eventually get here.
There's still tons of DS Lite and DS Phat colors that never came over here. If the DSi's OS wasn't region locked I'd have imported that dark blue one already. =(

Yes Boss!

Yeah, hot pink came out in japan earlier this year. I reckon the pink we are gonna get here will be more subdued. If it is the Japanese color than all the better.

I've got a Lime Japanese DSi so I'm good to go on Wednesday! American credit cards work on the J-Land systems. Don't even have to buy points through eBay.

mike0513

Banned
There are some really nice set ups in here. I'm planning on moving into an apartment in a year or so, definately going to reference this thread for ideas. I dig the modern look. BTW, is there any particular outlet one of you guys might know of where I can pick shit up on the cheap? ( I live in the milwaukee/chicago area)

Netto-kun

adversesolutions said:
Be careful brother. We still haven't confirmed that people can download Japanese DSi games from overseas.
Hm? Got my Japanese DSi back in November, and I've been able to download DSiWare games from Norway without any problems.

Edit: Unless you are talking about downloading Japanese DSiWare games with American/European DSi. Then yes, it's regionlocked. :p

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
ASilva said:
img0256yyw.jpg

Loving it!

Also got 12 months of Live and 5000MSP
Where did you get that? I didn't know it was already out here =o

Edit: Oh, you're from Portugal, haha. Damn it. :lol

LiK

CiSTM said:
What I understand the box is just awful. Wait for the euro box and import it.

from the hd movie thread:

amazon.com comment section and other sites have been pretty mad about the box quality.

yea, box design not great. but i got an insane deal with it.
$151 total :D

Finally I got the last of my packages for this month, so here's my August pickups.

IMG_1479.jpg

We have a Famicom Disk System drive band replacement, ordered 2 actually, one for me and one for my friend, a copy of SMB 3 for Famicom, with manual and hint book, another copy of Lagrange Point, and finally a Sanwa JLF with blue bubble top, and 8 buttons for my 360 SE stick. :)

EDIT: I just finished installing the buttons.. also I forgot to add, my g/f got me an 8gb Ipod Nano.. my first ipod *lol* I promptly went onto Itunes and bought the opening for Saint Seiya : The Lost Canvas.. EUROX goodness, good to see them back after 20+ years. Also I bought an iTrip FM adapter for the car.

IMG_1482.jpg

USF

fns70y.jpg

-Batman AA
-1TB Seagate FreeAgent External Drive
-Jabra HALO Wireless Headset
-ManU Team Shirt 2009/2010 season

RoryDropkick said:
EDIT: I just finished installing the buttons.. also I forgot to add, my g/f got me an 8gb Ipod Nano.. my first ipod *lol* I promptly went onto Itunes and bought the opening for Saint Seiya : The Lost Canvas.. EUROX goodness, good to see them back after 20+ years. Also I bought an iTrip FM adapter for the car.

Man the new nanos look pretty rad, need to get myself one of those. I'm still rocking a 1st gen nano heh, love it though even if it is scratched to absolute fuck at this point just through general use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom