• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes Boss!

LiK said:
if we sign into our US accounts, does it still work? or is it tied to the JPN account only?

Yeah,

You have to set up a dummy gamertag for Japan to access that marketplace then buy the points or input the points code via using that account and make your purchase. Once it is bought then it works for all gamertags on the system. At least that is what I did.

P Blue Ribbon

Neo Member
Got carried away after picking up OSX 10.6

2ptzach.jpg

P Blue Ribbon said:
Got carried away after picking up OSX 10.6

Nice.

Still waiting for my copy of 10.6 to arrive, but in the meantime, these arrived today.

2rpwd9w.jpg

All new except the iphone. 17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 500GB 7200RPM, Drobo with 3x 500Gb Drives, and a 24" Apple LED Cinema Display.

And what do I use all this power for? Surfing neogaf, and watching GiantBomb endurance runs AT THE SAME TIME :lol

2010 Simpsons Calendar and Mission Hill (fuck yeah, only like $14 on Amazon right now)
IMG_4033.jpg

Back of the Simpsons calendar in case anyone wants to know what the months look like. (click for high res)

botkiller

Nihilistic Monk said:
Nice.

Still waiting for my copy of 10.6 to arrive, but in the meantime, these arrived today.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2rpwd9w.jpg

All new except the iphone. 17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 500GB 7200RPM, Drobo with 3x 500Gb Drives, and a 24" Apple LED Cinema Display.

And what do I use all this power for? Surfing neogaf, and watching GiantBomb endurance runs AT THE SAME TIME :lol

Amazing setup.

What laptop stand and mouse are you using? Also, how do you like the Cinema Display?

sikkinixx

IMG_0493.jpg

So I didn't even really want the game but.... local video store had it on sale for $34.99 PLUS 30% so $25 after it was all said and done. STEAL! Even better than all the other canadia GAF'ers getting it for $38 everywhere else :p

jaydogg691

DSC00144.jpg

Posting this while I'm waiting for Snow Leopard to install. I'm not a Metriod fan, but Prime Trilogy has one of the best packaging I've seen.

Well, I ordered the PS3 Slim on Amazon like the day it was announced. I upgraded my account to a free trial Amazon Prime and did 3.99 per item One Day shipping. I ordered Uncharted: Drake's Fortune with it, but they shipped it first. Then yesterday night I bought Burnout Paradise.

Now, I know a few months ago I posted in a PS3 thread asking about the best games for the system. So for all of you people who thought I was just trolling, you have just been proven wrong HAHAHA! j/k

p8260240resize.jpg

p8260241resize.jpg

p8280246resize.jpg

p8280248resize.jpg

I've only owned Nintendo systems all my life, so the new Slim model plus Price Drop got me to purchase one.

I also got Fossil Fighters for the Nintendo DS like a day or so after it came out.
fossilfighters.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Proc said:
I hate how my fat 60 gig ps3 looks like crap in comparison :lol
I disagree. Slim is nice but I love the original shiny 60gb monolith. :) it's massive but it looks slick!

Well here are my pick ups for august:

a few mangas and Freakonomics, which all incoming freshmen (like myself) are required to read at my university.

DSC00909.jpg

Next pick up was Batman CE (got it for $75 on amazon). Such an awesome game.

DSC00906.jpg

My last pick up was an ASUS VH236 monitor. This is a huge improvment from my old hd tv.

DSC00911.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Gray-Jaeger90 said:
yea its the first time I ever heard of the book, but I am looking for to reading it.

I've yet to find an economics-related book that didn't bore the fuck out of me... Freakonomics didn't do the trick. And this is coming from someone who's an economics and finance double major... soo....

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
All the boxed games I got this month.

3866126919_b60a58c351_b.jpg

Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3)
Melty Blood Actress Again (PS2)
Soul Calibur Broken Destiny (PSP)
Tenchu 3 Portable (PSP)

BocoDragon said:
I disagree. Slim is nice but I love the original shiny 60gb monolith. :) it's massive but it looks slick!

They're both ugly. :p

pirahna1

Was at a yard sale yesterday and picked up some loot.

Got all of this for $12. They had an SNES, a couple games, a Gen1 w/ CD with a few more Gen games and Dungeon Master for CD, and a Game Boy (brick!) with a few games. They wanted $40 for all of it, but I wussed out and only took the following:

100_2136.jpg

Still not a bad haul. Although I think the Virtual Boy is broken :(. I've been wanting one for years - go figure.

Bii

Quick and dirty pics

3867416071_a66ed25c5f_o.jpg

3868197218_01ffc155fa_o.jpg

3867416161_e1b63bc4b7_o.jpg

Korg SP-250. Portable Digital Piano. $703.
The Piano Handbook - A Complete Guide for Mastering Piano Book/CD. Carl Humphries. $20
The keyboard is an early birthday present to myself. It's not as portable as you might think since this thing weighs a little over 40 lbs. I'm just beginning to learn piano so I bought a book that will help me along the way. My brother and cousin will be overseeing my progress as they are farther along than I am. In the long run, I'm hoping to be able to read and play off of music sheets without the use of video tutorials on Youtube.
audio technica ATH-M40fs. Headphones. Free.
These headphones came free with the Korg. Realistically, I'm not sure if I'll use them at all.

3863705934_718ec38e8e_o.jpg

3863706046_2605143ab8_o.jpg

Nike Dunk Low Premium SB - Angel & Devil. Size 11. $73
Nike Dunk Mid Pro SB - Batman. Size 10.5. $75
Needed some new kicks. Last weekend, I spent a good 7-8 hours traversing SF's Chinatown/Pier 39 with the Angel & Devil SB; they were comfortable and didn't leave my feet aching. The last pair of SBs I bought were the Brian Anderson camo high-tops when they were first released.

IMG_0403.png

Civilization Revolution. $4.99.
iFPS Online. Free.
Minigore. $0.99.
StoneLoops! of Jurassica. $0.99.
Wolfenstein 3D Classic. $0.99.
Wolfenstein RPG. $2.99.
A Doodle Flight. $0.99.
Inkvaders. $0.99.
More iPhone games, yay! I'm not sure if any of them will detract me from playing Sol Free solitaire (70+ hours played, wat!).

Bii said:
Quick and dirty pics

Korg SP-250. Portable Digital Piano. $703.

The keyboard is an early birthday present to myself. It's not as portable as you might think since this thing weighs a little over 40 lbs. I'm just beginning to learn piano so I bought a book that will help me along the way. My brother and cousin will be overseeing my progress as they are farther along than I am. In the long run, I'm hoping to be able to read and play off of music sheets without the use of video tutorials on Youtube.
audio technica ATH-M40fs. Headphones. Free.
These headphones came free with the Korg. Realistically, I'm not sure if I'll use them at all.

Very nice :D Are those fully weighted keys?

And ffs, make use of those headphones, they're some nice cans =P

Urban Scholar said:
I kindly request where did you get this wallpaper? please let me know!! Also nice tv pick up

I think got the that wallpaper at 4chan (anime/wallpapers board). if you want i can send you the wall through psn (if you have a ps3) or something..

Bii

Peronthious said:
Very nice :D Are those fully weighted keys?

And ffs, make use of those headphones, they're some nice cans =P

Yep, I wanted to get an actual piano but I figured I'd get something cheaper before I splurge on something as expensive as that. I didn't want to spend more than $500 and from shopping around, I noticed a lot of digital keyboards don't have weighted keys. Which was a real bummer as I want it to be as close to playing with a piano as possible. I looked into the mid-range digital keyboards and came across the Korg and the Yamaha DGX630. In the end, the SP-250 won me out. Spent more money than I wanted to but I think it's well worth it.

I suppose I can use the headphones during the late nights when my lady friend is asleep. =)

My latest pickups -

photo-1.jpg

I sold my 60GB monolith PS3 to a co-worker for $150 and he gave me his ps2 slim. Now I can play my ps2 imports again and all of the ps2 games I still have and I got a (not so) shiny new ps3 for half price.

everybody wins :D

botkiller said:
Amazing setup.

What laptop stand and mouse are you using? Also, how do you like the Cinema Display?

Thanks,
The mouse is a Logitech MX1000

The stand is a Mstand By Rain Design

/edit

Cinema Display, forgot about that.

It's really good so far. The LED Backlighting makes a massive difference, the backlight is so even compared to my old TFT. It's surprising how quickly you get used to the size of it as well.

Seems to cope with non-native resolutions quite well, played call of juarez two just after I installed the windows 7 GM, at 1280 x 800, and it looked amazing compared to 1850 x 1050 on my old 20" TFT.

When I'm not playing around, I do dabble in photography as a hobby, and the image quality of photographs on the display is fantastic.

DeVeAn

MidnightScott said:
Well, I ordered the PS3 Slim on Amazon like the day it was announced. I upgraded my account to a free trial Amazon Prime and did 3.99 per item One Day shipping. I ordered Uncharted: Drake's Fortune with it, but they shipped it first. Then yesterday night I bought Burnout Paradise.

Now, I know a few months ago I posted in a PS3 thread asking about the best games for the system. So for all of you people who thought I was just trolling, you have just been proven wrong HAHAHA! j/k

p8260240resize.jpg

p8260241resize.jpg

p8280246resize.jpg

p8280248resize.jpg

I've only owned Nintendo systems all my life, so the new Slim model plus Price Drop got me to purchase one.

I also got Fossil Fighters for the Nintendo DS like a day or so after it came out.
fossilfighters.jpg

I want a slim too even though I still have a 60GB, Anyway Have fun man Valkyria Chronicles and MGS4 are great games, give those a try.

alba

Little is the new Big
archnemesis said:
Raiho.jpg

Picked up Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon, a new camera (Canon EOS 500D), and a couple of books.

Awesome picture man :D

SmZA

I got my very large tax return and the crazy purchasing has begun!

1918vn.jpg

Fridge! We've been living without one for almost two months.

el786t.jpg

Dryer! Only has a two star rating though, and our power bills have been high even without a fridge, so it'll be just for emergencies.

1zd3wuv.jpg

TV stand thingy

2u3wjrq.jpg

So awesome. They even work when plugged into a powerboard, contrary to what I'd read online.

33ccaq0.jpg

Classic synthesizer from the '80s: Ensoniq SQ-80. It's really fun to use. Here's a demo (not by me).

11qtll4.jpg

My remaining bits'n'pieces for August.

I've bought more stuff online but will have to post the pics in the September thread when it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom