• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

It's been *ages* since I could charge my cam, so some (most) of this stuff is from July. :p

august08a.jpg

Manga:
-Azumanga Recycle
-Minamike 1
-Sgt Frog 11
-Speed Racer Platinum Box
-Yakitate Japan 12
-Ichigo Mashimaro 5

Games:
-FFXII RW
-FFCC RoF
-FFTA2:TGoTR

Figures:
-Haruhi Suzumiya Figma & Nendoroid figures.

Haruhi Closeup :p
august08b.jpg

Has anyone actually managed to get a nendoroid to stand of it's own volition? Mine just won't stay up. The "stand" is absolutely useless, wouldn't help a housefly stay upright.

Oh yeah, got Pixeljunk Eden too, but can't get a decent photo of the screen. It's either got an eerie glow without flash, or the flash kills it.

sw26

I was kind of busy last month, so these are July pickups:

MegaMan2.jpg

Mega Man 2 on VC. I completed it the same afternoon I downloaded it, and that was the first time I've ever played it. Needless to say I enjoyed it. And continuing on the downloadable games theme:

KulaWorld.jpg

Kula World from the PSN store. Brilliant game, and I've been waiting to play it ever since I played the demo (back when it had the Japanese 'Kula Quest' name) about 10 years ago but I was put off by the £60+ Ebay prices due to its rarity. I couldn't say no for £3.49 though.

Edge.jpg

This month's Edge.

GersStrip.jpg

The new Rangers home kit (that's a football/soccer team for those who don't know). I like it, and hopefully we'll be able to improve on last year's successful season.

:D

Fireflu

sw26 said:
I was kind of busy last month, so these are July pickups:

KulaWorld.jpg

Kula World from the PSN store. Brilliant game, and I've been waiting to play it ever since I played the demo (back when it had the Japanese 'Kula Quest' name) about 10 years ago but I was put off by the £60+ Ebay prices due to its rarity. I couldn't say no for £3.49 though.
Haha, nice, I too remember playing this on the demo disk I received with my PS1, sweet game, been trying to track it down ever since but £3.49 you say! id buy it in a flash (if I had a PS3) :(

100_2612.jpg

i know i'm part of the problem, but it was bought with store credit. :D:D

besides, the wife and daughter have been hounding me for it.

Yes Boss!

str8-h4x said:
PLEASE, WHERE DID YOU FIND 2 LANE BLACKTOP? My brother in law really really REALLY wants this. I'd like to be the hero!!!

That's the new North American Criterion release. Any online dealer should have it (including amazon). Make sure to get the remastered Criterion and not the older Anchor Bay disc.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I finally finished my photobook for my recent vacation and got it printed. Came in the mail today! Overall I'm pretty happy with it, just ordered another one for my family.

easfv8.jpg

Front cover. I created a 10x8 hardcover book with a dust jacket.

ay377s.jpg

My book totaled at 170 pages. Thickness comparison with the pathetically thin latest EGM issue.

24kzaye.jpg

I had pretty simple layouts for my pages. I wanted to display big photos, so there's not too much variation you can have in terms of page design when the photos take up so much space.

2u7lgn7.jpg

34zap2b.jpg

28ibuyt.jpg

vpwx34.jpg

2s6lxr5.jpg

Anyway, you get the idea. Here's a few more photos for the curious

http://i35.tinypic.com/jzxch.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/f21stf.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/2m2b1uu.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/ek5o3n.jpg

J2d

Wait you got it published by a real company? Otherwise I need to know where to make my own.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
J2d said:
Wait you got it published by a real company?

Haha, poor choice of words. "I had it printed by a company" is technically more correct.

I used Blurb, I like their software and they have quality printers. http://www.blurb.com

There was a guy last month who showed his iPhoto book printed using Apple software. I prefer Blurb because they're cheaper and I don't need to use Apple software. This book cost me about $60 including shipping.

Hive

Banned
SnowWolf said:
I finally finished my photobook for my recent vacation and got it published. Came in the mail today! Overall I'm pretty happy with it, just ordered another one for my family.

Man, i cannot express enough how impressed I am by this! Great work, you are soooo talented. Did you happen to take any pictures of Fukuoka?? That place is also very picturesque, imo

J2d

SnowWolf said:
Haha, poor choice of words. "I had it printed by a company" is technically more correct.
It looks great, nice photo's too. I'm not expecting "real" photobook quality paper and print but it seems like it will be more than well. Thanks for the heads up.

Backflip

SnowWolf said:
I finally finished my photobook for my recent vacation and got it printed. Came in the mail today! Overall I'm pretty happy with it, just ordered another one for my family.

Wow, great job, the book looks awesome. I'll have to show your post to my sister who just came back from Tokyo. She also wants to create a book using her photos and she wants to borrow my Mac in order to use iPhoto. I'll tell her that there are other solutions.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
aug01.jpg

Finally decided to buy these DS games, and some more.

aug02.jpg

New router, this one sucks...going super slow...could be our cable internet...but so far...disappointed

aug03.jpg

Mmmmm....

aug04.jpg

Seconded Dualshock3, with some snacks! :p

aug05.jpg

Bought a Sega32x addon to go with my retro game center

aug06.jpg

Free couch...seems fine so far...old couch in the dining room area lol

sourpk

Neo Member
SnowWolf - If there is anyway you could make more copies of your book and make a profit, I'm interested in buying one.

Let me know.
:D :D

aznpxdd

Wow, nice photobook Snow. I see on the cover you went to Taiwan as well? Can you share (PM) some photos of Taiwan you took with me?

rass

i don't know how to get a picture up, but i bought a 50" (127cm) plasma yesterday :D woo!
panasonic viera TH-50PZ800A for anyone interested -- massive step from 51cm crt

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
sourpk said:
SnowWolf - If there is anyway you could make more copies of your book and make a profit, I'm interested in buying one.

Let me know.
:D :D

I am extremely flattered, and yeah, Blurb does allow me to sell my book to the public through their bookstore. I'm kind of surprised you would want to buy it though. $60+ for an unknown family's photobook, really? My only concern is that about 15-20% of the photos feature family members prominently and I'm pretty paranoid about online privacy and all that. I can strip out those pages and upload a streamlined book, but the flow would probably be ruined.

Then again, I AM pretty lazy, it'll certainly be a lot easier to sell the book as is ;)

If you're serious about buying the book (remember, it's not all scenic photographs, there's plenty of touristy family photos), I'll think about uploading my book to the Blurb bookstore. I don't care about making a profit so I'll only increase my price by a few bucks to cover their fee.

aznpxdd said:
Wow, nice photobook Snow. I see on the cover you went to Taiwan as well? Can you share (PM) some photos of Taiwan you took with me?

Is there anything in particular you're looking for? The pic I posted that has the shopping mall with multi-colored floors is Dream Mall in Kaohsiung. Honestly, I've been to Taiwan 3 times in the past 4 years so Taiwan wasn't a major focus for my camera on this trip and only takes up about 25% of the book. I did have a major Taiwan vacation four years ago where I went around the entire island. If you want scenic photos from that, I can send you some but honestly you can find a lot better just by going through flickr.

Recent goodies. Mostly from the TRU site error and budget releases on Amazon. They utterly failed me on SC4 though. I accidentally ended up with 2 copies of Oblivion GOTY for PS3 from the TRU sale. If anyone is interested, let me know.

23js4tk.jpg

glaurung

lootaugust.jpg

It's still early for August, but here's the loot so far.

In the upper left there is the Nike+ wristband. The art in the TWEWY manual is exceptional, and the fifth Penny-Arcade book is perhaps the best to date.

Defuser

Dammit Kadey,I'll hate you for being filthy rich and able to buy cool stuff :(

Gimme link for sasuke sword please. Thank you

SnowWolf said:
Wow, did you take all of those pictures? I'm using one of them as my PS3's background.:D

sourpk

Neo Member
I am extremely flattered, and yeah, Blurb does allow me to sell my book to the public through their bookstore. I'm kind of surprised you would want to buy it though. $60+ for an unknown family's photobook, really? My only concern is that about 15-20% of the photos feature family members prominently and I'm pretty paranoid about online privacy and all that. I can strip out those pages and upload a streamlined book, but the flow would probably be ruined.
Its all good. I didn't realize so much of the book was family photos. I got the impression the book was all scenery shots. You don't have to go to all of that trouble.

Tenbatsu

SnowWolf said:
Is that photobook ordered thru iphoto? How much did it cost?

Corran Horn said:
aug02.jpg

New router, this one sucks...going super slow...could be our cable internet...but so far...disappointed

Is that the 802.11n type? Cause I picked that one up at the start of the summer, and my runs really fast.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I blame GAF and GAF peer pressure:D

DSC05116.jpg

Oh and I love surfing the interent on this thing. So much better than my psp.

Top Bottom