• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Shadow780

Doc Evils said:
Got my tin from Game.

dzxob5.jpg

what's in the extra disc?

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
rothgar said:
I'm so happy cause I finally got my new arcade monitor. It's a 25 in. CRT from Neiman Video Displays. It's a little more expensive than others, but the image is really nice and has been getting great reviews from other buyers. I still haven't put in my CPS2 cabinet tho, hopefully tomorrow.

P1010143_small.jpg

Now thats hot!

I can't find the fucking USB cord for my camera so Imma going to have to just say what I have picked up.

StarGate: Continuum
The Pianist
Mass Effect: Ascension.

DiddyBop

just had to post that i just realized the resident evil 4 arms dealer is in the banner.brilliant stuff:lol

just a bit better than the mgs4 themed "guns to our wallets"

AllGamer

d8h86olc.jpg

Tecnifibre Squash String

3 Dunlop Squash Balls (2 yellow dots)

Dunlop Grip

Oliver Grip was a gift from the shop. Very nice :)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Bought a Jam Jacket for my iPhone. Not the most expensive thing, but its the only thing I bought today. :D

DSC05128.jpg

I don't have a digital camera (or cell phone, with or without camera in it) so I can't easily take pictures, but I thought the pickups I've made in the past couple days were interesting enough to be worth listing anyway...

Awesome day yesterday... simply awesome.

PC (all jewelcase only)
--
Anachronox ($8) (!!!)
The Wheel of Time ($8)
Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel (expansion) ($1)
Starship Titanic ($3) (!!!)

NES
--
Little Nemo the Dream Master (with manual and slipcover, no box though) ($7) (!!!)

PS2
--
King of Fighters XI (one of my most-wanted PS2 titles since I got the system... at $13 it's the most expensive PS2 game I have bought, but I just had to get it)
Kinetica ($4, complete)
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution ($2, new? Thanks, Best Buy!)
Silpheed: The Lost Planet (I love the Sega CD game... I definitely wanted to try this one too.) ($6, but disc only)

Amazing couple of days, really... Starship Titanic (Douglas Adams...), Wheel of Time (as a fan of the books, I wanted this. It's hard, though.), Anachronox (Such a great game... I've wanted this for a long time!), and now Silpheed 2, VF5 Evo, and KOFXI? Awesome stuff...

Oh yeah, and I didn't know much about it aside from the box, but Kinetica is AWESOME so far. I'm not sure if it'll last -- I beat the first two of the three listed championships on my first try (okay, I had to use all three continues in the second circuit thanks to two bad runs on the last track, but I got it on the third try), so if that third one and the bonus tracks (will need to replay the championships and finish in first to reach, I imagine) are all there is it's not going to last long at all -- but it's so much fun... I really love futuristic racing games, and this is a very good one. It's got great graphics, style, and music, and very interesting track designs. Lots of tubes and curved wall surfaces to drive on... really great stuff, the tracks are fantastic. The trick system is nice too. :)

KOF XI is as good as I was hoping, too... love that series, wanting KOFXI was one reason why I got a PS2. Only played it a bit, but so far it's definitely good.

Silpheed's good, but it makes me want to go play the Sega CD game again. :)

I'd like to take pictures... oh well. :(

Forgot to post this on the day.

hts46d.jpg

The movie was amazing. I'd would of gone to see it, just to see Heath Ledger's performance because he was that brilliant as The Joker.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
DarkAngelYuna said:
Why? It makes me feel better about myself and that I have a life compared to most of these people...

What makes you think people in this thread have no lives? :lol

Is that the defense mechanism going on nowadays?

Oh man, that guy has money and stuff, he must have no life.

lol.

You're right, I feel better already.

Blackface

Banned
MarkMan said:

lol.

I don't think he is talking about the guys who buy random things. I think he is talking about the guys who spend $10,000 on pointless items each month. I mean, if they like to do it thats fine.

However there was a thread on SA a few months back, about people taking out loans just to buy anime movies/action figures/dolls etc.. Dozens of people posted saying they do it and defending themselves.

It's cool if people do it with their cash, but taking out a loan to buy pointless items that serve no more use then sitting on a glass shelv is sad.

I don't really care either way. But I can see where some people come from when they said it makes them feel better about themselves. Anyone going in debt or taking out loans to buy anime movies and Final Fantasy collectibles needs a reality check.

Though I doubt GAF has many of those people. SA is litter with them however.

"I don't think he is talking about the guys who buy random things. I think he is talking about the guys who spend $10,000 on pointless items each month. I mean, if they like to do it thats fine.

However there was a thread on SA a few months back, about people taking out loans just to buy anime movies/action figures/dolls etc.. Dozens of people posted saying they do it and defending themselves.

It's cool if people do it with their cash, but taking out a loan to buy pointless items that serve no more use then sitting on a glass shelv is sad.

I don't really care either way. But I can see where some people come from when they said it makes them feel better about themselves. Anyone going in debt or taking out loans to buy anime movies and Final Fantasy collectibles needs a reality check.

Though I doubt GAF has many of those people. SA is litter with them however."

So what if people take out loans? That's still an assumption you're making without having any clue what's going on just like the person markman responded to. Also, I don't know if you should be using Markman as an example to your point when he has some pretty nice size pickups. :p

Flunkie

Banned
DarkAngelYuna said:
Why? It makes me feel better about myself and that I have a life compared to most of these people...
To some people, videogames are [a big part of] their life. It's not the case for me, but I'm just saying that all these people who are different than you and like to buy all this different stuff are not the ones to be laughed at. Different people like different things. What's so bad about that?

RobertM

vxdw9e.jpg

installed custom tsop and in the process of installing XMBC.
2e58jz7.jpg

9gf3wi.jpg

Chris Cornell was the shit.
2yzcvsx.jpg

this receiver is weird, you can't get audio through HDMI, kind of kills the premise of using HDMI.
2ez70a1.jpg

$7000 for a TV? Pfft you are nuts, this is all you need plus 120hz refresh rate, only $1500.
fp5stg.jpg

Eden!
2o3eq.jpg

And just for fun, Bionic Commando!
24euh68.jpg

Also I do have a life and interested to see what people spend their money on and in the process I get some idea what I should check out or avoid.

Blackface

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"I don't think he is talking about the guys who buy random things. I think he is talking about the guys who spend $10,000 on pointless items each month. I mean, if they like to do it thats fine.

Though I doubt GAF has many of those people. SA is litter with them however."

So what if people take out loans? That's still an assumption you're making without having any clue what's going on just like the person markman responded to. Also, I don't know if you should be using Markman as an example to your point when he has some pretty nice size pickups. :p

I am not using him as an example to my point. I am explaining how they MIGHT be thinking because I have seen this before.

I don't care either way, but my opinion still stands that anyone taking out loans to buy pointless items is a fucking loser. Who knows if anyone on GAF does it. I don't really give a shit either way.

jaydogg691

neojubei said:
Bought a Jam Jacket for my iPhone. Not the most expensive thing, but its the only thing I bought today. :D

DSC05128.jpg
Where and how much did you get that for? I see that it comes with screen protectors and I've been looking for an iPhone screen protector.

jaydogg691 said:
Where and how much did you get that for? I see that it comes with screen protectors and I've been looking for an iPhone screen protector.
you can get iphone screen protectors for like $10 at best buy

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
jaydogg691 said:

13 bucks at bestbuy.

Bii

jaydogg691 said:

There's quite a variety at the Apple store (online and B&M). I have Power Support's Anti-Glare film strips:

IMG_1425.jpg

I think it was $15 and you get two. I've been using the same one for nearly a year now and it's still holding up quite well.

TaKeRx

Bii said:
There's quite a variety at the Apple store (online and B&M). I have Power Support's Anti-Glare film strips:

IMG_1425.jpg

I think it was $15 and you get two. I've been using the same one for nearly a year now and it's still holding up quite well.
exactly what I have

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Trax416 said:
I don't think he is talking about the guys who buy random things. I think he is talking about the guys who spend $10,000 on pointless items each month. I mean, if they like to do it thats fine.

Though I doubt GAF has many of those people. SA is litter with them however.

Have a link to the SA thread or some clues so I can search for it? (which subforum it's in, thread title, etc)

jaydogg691

GodfatherX said:
you can get iphone screen protectors for like $10 at best buy

neojubei said:
13 bucks at bestbuy.

Bii said:

IMG_1425.jpg

Thanks for the replies and suggestion.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yeah please link that SA thread, I want a good read for when I'm at work on Monday morning :lol

robot

Some of this stuff is from end of July, but that thread seems long gone.

Soul Calibur 4 (360), Dragon Ball Z (360), Zack & Wiki (Wii) and Gotham Knight (BR)
IMG_0432.jpg

Set of Speed Racer Cars (for my daughter...honest)
IMG_0429.jpg

New Sony BRAVIA KDL-46Z4100 (46" 1080p LCD)...don't mind the awful pic I'm still learning how to use the digital camera I got last month :(
IMG_0442.jpg

Picture quality is absolutely amazing...I have yet to stray from Sony for like 10 years now, they never disappoint.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Finally upgraded my PC (Box only) after so so many years.

AugustPickup.jpg

Not included is a 500gb hd and 2gb of ram. Totally fucking loving this, now all i need is money for games :/

neojubei said:
How is the game? I am thinking of ordering that one and phantasy star portable.

Just got it, so I can't really judge it completely, but it's a lot of fun. It's got several different modes, which includes Network battle, Story, Mission, Survival, and Arcade.

Seiken said:
How's the IQ and SQ in Cloverfield?

The sound quality is amazing if you have a nice home theater setup. The picture quality is decent but thats merely because of how the film was shot. Still way better than the dvd.

RobertM said:
Should I use optical cable?

Yes, this will do. Or you can always take back this receiver and buy a better model like the HTR-6160 which will support sound through HDMI and decode all HD sound formats. :D

LiK

MarkMan said:

lol.

QFT. agreed, people should stfu and let us enjoy our purchases. nothing worst than people who whine in this thread about it. i'm sure trolling a thread really shows that they have a life. :lol

kiryogi

Banned
Always so late to these threads, sorry the photos aren't taken together. Usually take them as I get them and post on my blog:

sciv.png

(Actually limited edition for the game, but the case is on the side)

PSU on the go!
psport.png

slice of life anime with lesbian undertones
marimiteus.png

Incoming: Tales of Vesperia JP

Top Bottom