• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Lifeonmars? said:
Wow, did you take all of those pictures? I'm using one of them as my PS3's background.:D

Yep, all the photos were taken by me personally. The background you're using was photographed by somebody else since I've uploaded very few of my photos to the Internet.

Tenbatsu said:
Is that photobook ordered thru iphoto? How much did it cost?

Ordered through Blurb.com. Cost me about $60 including shipping, but prices will depend on how many pages you have and the dimensions of the pages. Mine was 170 pages at 10X8 inches, hardcover with dust jacket.

Received a few things in the mail this week.

*It's an MGO flyer on my EGM...
IMG_1272.jpg

Front:
IMG_1273.jpg

Back:
IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

For Reference (I own the individual TPBs as well as the single issues):
IMG_1280.jpg

I'm expecting another FedEx package on Monday - hint: more MGS goodies :D

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
No pictures yet as I'm home for lunch, but I picked up a Wii today. $140 from a guy wanting cash.

*thumbs up*

Cuu

2wn4xed.jpg

So, I finally got a PS2, to play the MGS Collection I got last month. I found a craigslist ad that only said, "PS2, controllers, and memory card. There are some playstation games that I would include as well. - $25"

I jumped on it. $25 for a ps2? Sounds good.

What I got was a modded ps2 with 120gb harddrive, ethernet adaptor, 2 ps2 controllers, a memory card, a box of copied ps1 games.

Before all the modding is bad stuff comes in, I'm just saying.. I didn't do it. I guess now I can just copy my games to the harddrive and not wear out the ps2 laser though.

(they attached an external fan to the ps2 b/c it runs hot, and it runs on a separate power supply. I'm going to have to fix that eventually...)

Oh, and Blast Works for $10? I got that too.

dev9td.jpg

Also picked up two pairs of shoes for under $40 total. Nice.

Bii

Very impressive book, SnowWolf. You've just given me some ideas on a few projects that I want to do.

K.O.G. Mother 3 Ultimate Chimera tee

2725723513_06d342ccf0_o.jpg

2725724451_270e54aaaa_o.jpg

2726549774_303b7b7ca9_o.jpg

RobertM

Cuu said:
So, I finally got a PS2, to play the MGS Collection I got last month. I found a craigslist ad that only said, "PS2, controllers, and memory card. There are some playstation games that I would include as well. - $25"

I jumped on it. $25 for a ps2? Sounds good.

What I got was a modded ps2 with 120gb harddrive, ethernet adaptor, 2 ps2 controllers, a memory card, a box of copied ps1 games.

Before all the modding is bad stuff comes in, I'm just saying.. I didn't do it. I guess now I can just copy my games to the harddrive and not wear out the ps2 laser though.

(they attached an external fan to the ps2 b/c it runs hot, and it runs on a separate power supply. I'm going to have to fix that eventually...)

Oh, and Blast Works for $10? I got that too.

Also picked up two pairs of shoes for under $40 total. Nice.
Only if you know how to and if Hdloader supports it.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
GodfatherX said:
SnowWolf just curious as to the camera your using, great quality pics

Most were taken with a Digital Rebel XTi with the kit 18-55mm lens. Others, particularly the ones in shopping areas, were with a Powershot S410.

jordyn11

Neo Member
Valkyr Junkie said:
Recent goodies. Mostly from the TRU site error and budget releases on Amazon. They utterly failed me on SC4 though. I accidentally ended up with 2 copies of Oblivion GOTY for PS3 from the TRU sale. If anyone is interested, let me know.

23js4tk.jpg

PM sent re Oblivion GOTY

Auron_Kale said:
Received a few things in the mail this week.

*It's an MGO flyer on my EGM...
IMG_1272.jpg

Front:
IMG_1273.jpg

Back:
IMG_1274.jpg

I'm expecting another FedEx package on Monday - hint: more MGS goodies :D
The white magazine came with the MGS4 poster? Where did you buy that? I want it sooooo bad now.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
_dementia said:
My parts arrived today, so I modded my Hori Fighting Stick EX.
vxkxl.jpg

lol Yoda
10sdkro.jpg
Were did you get the parts and the skin for that? I would love to make one based on Guilty Gear or KOF.

shintoki said:
Were did you get the parts and the skin for that? I would love to make one based on Guilty Gear or KOF.

Parts: www.lizardlick.com
I went with 6 Seimitsu PS-14 KN pushbuttons, Sanwa GT-Y gate and a Seimitsu ball top

I downloaded the art template here: http://www.donovanmyers.com/arcade/
and just used some high-res Senko no Ronde art I had, and printed it on some glossy photo paper.

Also, be sure to check out MarkMan's arcade stick thread. Many useful resources are available there; not to mention helpful forumgoers.

Doc Evils said:
Got my tin from Game.

Lucky you, I never got mine, which really pissed me off. They refunded me back 5 quid as sorry but still I would of liked the tin. Did you pick yours up instore at game, or did you get it delivered?

Doc Evils

XenonOxide said:
Lucky you, I never got mine, which really pissed me off. They refunded me back 5 quid as sorry but still I would of liked the tin. Did you pick yours up instore at game, or did you get it delivered?

got it in the mail.

Mamesj

Banned
Fuck!

Samsung 953BW 19" monitor. Looks great after I calibrated it. Gonna use it for my PC and 360 while I'm at school.

Shit!

Swans M10 speakers for the monitor and my home TV.

RobertM

Mamesj said:
Samsung 953BW 19" monitor. Looks great after I calibrated it. Gonna use it for my PC and 360 while I'm at school.

Read the fucking Original Post.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Mamesj said:
Fuck!

2itojzr.jpg

Shit!

2agq8fq.jpg

Fixed...

Blu_LED said:
The white magazine came with the MGS4 poster? Where did you buy that? I want it sooooo bad now.

Got it from my friend in Japan. I've seen the Famitsu PS3 on ebay a few times - and they usually come with the poster.

ibu

Bit of a busy month for me... cell phone pics sorry. Forgot my digi cam charger at aunties and thought I would take pics quickly and get them up before I get too busy to do any pics at all this month.

2a65hlv.jpg

n2l6co.jpg

Not Pictured -

New USB Data cable n charger for PSP

Bought on PSN

- Red Alert

- Rayman

- Crash Team Racing

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Crisis averted. ;)

Mamesj nice pickups!

:)

I got some new stuff, I need to get a new camera tomorrow and I'll post em.

I need to get some custom framing done.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
DSC05122.jpg

Haven't found a place to put it, but i put it on my stairs leading to my loft so scare anyone going up there. :D

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Gaogaogao said:
6ojrqs.jpg

Samsung LN32A450 and pj eden

Nice TV. I'm actually thinking of getting the same one. How's it look? Also where'd you get it from / how much? The cheapest I've seen in Amazon. ($710)

LiK

_dementia said:
My parts arrived today, so I modded my Hori Fighting Stick EX.
vxkxl.jpg

that is fucking sweet. nice job man. :)

looks like the pick-ups thread is going well so far. i'm loving all the cool stuff including that custom Japan photobook by SnowWolf :)

Gaogaogao

Ermac said:
Nice TV. I'm actually thinking of getting the same one. How's it look? Also where'd you get it from / how much? The cheapest I've seen in Amazon. ($710)
I got it at amazon for 703 with free shipping, when there was only one last friday(7/25). and yeah, it looks pretty fucking awesome in person. im no tv connoisseur but its a big hd tv, and its mine, so its awesome. i have no issue with color or anything, im very satisfied. with this samsung you cant go wrong id say.

Xamdou

robot said:
Where'd you get the shirt?

I pre-ordered it from hobbylinkjapn.com a few months ago and arrived in the mail couple of days ago. I'd say it's the best Gurren Lagann T-shirt in the entire website but there are some very unique shirts available as well and they sell out fairly fast ;O

rothgar

I'm so happy cause I finally got my new arcade monitor. It's a 25 in. CRT from Neiman Video Displays. It's a little more expensive than others, but the image is really nice and has been getting great reviews from other buyers. I still haven't put in my CPS2 cabinet tho, hopefully tomorrow.

P1010138_small.jpg

P1010143_small.jpg

pickup2.jpg

Been wanting to play STALKER for ages and finally found a cheap copy. Also saw Titan Quest and bought it on a whim based on GAF's recommendation.

pickup1.jpg

Friday Night Lights Season 2 arrived today and i'm half dreading rewatching it because of that wretched plotline...

DarkStar

Mamesj said:
Fuck!

Shit!

How does one calibrate? do tell! :D

Top Bottom