• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

Relix said:
35596_10150357109250604_873115603_16642811_6035035_n.jpg

Amazon deals... cheap games!

65413_10150357108120604_873115603_16642798_4406791_n.jpg

Time to blow up the house.

Now I need a set of speakers. Any ideas? Ranging from $500-1000.

$500 - $1000 per? or for the whole set? Do you have any speakers currently or are we starting from scratch? Need details!

If you want PM me, I might forge to check back here. I'm no expert but I can give you my advice :)

DemiMatt

CaseyTappy said:
A was appalled at the cheap quality of that light cycle Figure when a mate opened his just bought Tron CE , it's a disgrace for that kind of money !

Thisll be the next light cycle I buy. 1/6 scale, things gonna be HUGEEEEE

image.php

shawnlreed

CaseyTappy said:
A was appalled at the cheap quality of that light cycle Figure when a mate opened his just bought Tron CE , it's a disgrace for that kind of money !

I would have much rather had an art book, or 'making of' DVD.
There's no way that light cycle is worth the extra $70.

Manp

some BDs:

MigNV.jpg

- The Pacific

family photo (Band of Brothers is from last year)
KRQRa.jpg

HNiSW.jpg

- Final Destination
- Donnie Darko (both were dirty cheap)
- Hot Fuzz (UK version fron Play.com, it was impossible to find locally)

:)

JeffDowns said:
Dry Cleaning. Ask for heavy starch.

This. The wife hates the money spent on the Dry Cleaning but when you have to do presentations for clients, etc,. Don't want to be in front of big wigs pointing at a big screen and all they see is a back full o wrinkles. :lol

Gameboy415

mehdi_san said:
Guys guys.... pick up of the century for me... I've been looking for this for a loooong time. I'm still waiting for it to be delivered, but I couldn't wait so here are the pics from the seller:
600x450-2010120400002.jpg

Not the 64, but what's under it :D :D :D :D

NICE!

In the 5 years I spent living in Japan, I only saw the 64DD for sale ONCE and it was like $700. :(
I picked up most of the games on the cheap though. :D

(On a random note, I haven't posted my pickups in the thread for a while due to a recent move/work/etc. Explanation and pics coming soon!)

sadromeo

CaseyTappy said:

Exactly. They ask you to pay that much and all you get is a half-assed light cycle?

I bet that $20.00 light up light cycle toy is better than this... oh well...

mehdi_san

Gameboy415 said:
NICE!

In the 5 years I spent living in Japan, I only saw the 64DD for sale ONCE and it was like $700. :(
I picked up most of the games on the cheap though. :D

(On a random note, I haven't posted my pickups in the thread for a while due to a recent move/work/etc. Explanation and pics coming soon!)
Thanks!! I always enjoy looking through your pick up posts also, so looking forward to your next one.
Yeah most 64dd I've seen on sale here were at least 50,000JPY, but I got it for cheaper than that. I actually paid the same price it was sold at when it launched in stores in 1999, and I get a free JPN N64 and 4 64dd games :D They only released 9 games in total, so I still need to hunt those down. Unfortunately, the 2 worst games are also the harder to find and thus the most expensive (the 2nd doshin the giant game and the golf game). I also need to find a modem (from the randnet kit, wasn't sold in retail) to get a complete collection :lol

Relix said:
Now I need a set of speakers. Any ideas? Ranging from $500-1000.
I hope you didn't spend a fair amount on a receiver just to think you could hook up shitty speakers to it.

mehdi_san said:
Guys guys.... pick up of the century for me... I've been looking for this for a loooong time. I'm still waiting for it to be delivered, but I couldn't wait so here are the pics from the seller:
600x450-2010120400002.jpg

Not the 64, but what's under it :D :D :D :D
I hate you sooo much right now. I've always wanted one. When Nintendo canceled it, my childhood innocence died.

mehdi_san

neos said:
Can you please comment on Video Games Live? Is it worth a buy??
I just saw your post sorry. I haven't actually seen it yet, I grabbed it when Amazon dropped the price to $15 because I didn't want to miss such a good deal. I think the price is back up now :(

Singstar_CI.jpg

I wanted this even more than the 11" MBA I got earlier this week. Sadly it turned out not nearly as good as I expected it. Especially Baglioni's Questo Piccolo Grande Amore is included in a version that's crap! I'm wondering what was wrong with the original...

Also the fact that they have thirty songs, but they come from seven or eight different musicians is a sad thing. There are so many more better Cantautori than Gigi D'Alessio is. Why no Cocciante? O Fogli?

seady

Got a PS3 and Sony HDTV on Black Friday, along with a ton of games to start it off :D
Guess which game I played first?
My PSN is billysea, please add me!

2rraw3l.jpg

t-55.jpg

Just bought my brother a ride for two in this beast for his birthday. I bought the model to put the ticket in, I just hope he chooses me as the second person! :lol

Yes Boss!

Happy Phantom said:
madcatz store won't ship to canada =(

Unless you want to be a friend and let me paypal you directly and have you send it out.
If you've got no other options you can have the bezel shipped to my place in CA and I'll pop it in the mail to Canada for you. PM me if you need that.

Leonsito

ResidentDante said:
I had a Master System 2, man the nostalgia tears are running down my cheeks now. Mine had Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in!

Yeah, this has Alex Kidd built in too, I should have pictured the games too, they are inside the boxes:

Super Mario World in the SNES
Sonic 1 & 2 and some Donald Duck game for the MSII
Ayrton Senna game for GG

- A Game of Thrones LGC
- All Flesh Must Be Eaten game book
- Apocalypse Now: Full Disclosure Edition blu ray
- DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu 1.5
- Eden of the East blu ray
- Inception blu ray
- Maere NeoFolk compilation CD
- Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings blu ray
- Ukulele!
- World at War blu ray collection
- Windir t-shirt (R.I.P. Valfar)

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

sikkinixx

seady said:
Got a PS3 and Sony HDTV on Black Friday, along with a ton of games to start it off :D

2rraw3l.jpg

I kind of envy you. My buddy did the same thing about a year ago. Just a stack of fucking games he had never played on his new PS3 but that I had long since almost forgotten about. Enjoy! :D

Leonsito said:
Yeah, this has Alex Kidd built in too, I should have pictured the games too, they are inside the boxes:

Super Mario World in the SNES
Sonic 1 & 2 and some Donald Duck game for the MSII
Ayrton Senna game for GG
That Donald Duck game is actually fantastic! I remember borrowing it and playing a lot of it on my MSII :D

seady said:
Is that a Lego iPhone / iPod recharger to the left?

Guevara

seady said:

2rraw3l.jpg

I picked up a PS3 and did the same earlier this year. I also can't believe you were able to get some of these games without the (ugly?) red plastic greatest hits box. The PS3 really has an amazing and unique library.

mf.luder

lastplayed said:
t-55.jpg

Just bought my brother a ride for two in this beast for his birthday. I bought the model to put the ticket in, I just hope he chooses me as the second person! :lol

You might lose out to T-Pain. Fingers crossed for you!

Also, where is this sort of thing able to take place that they charge for rides?

CiSTM

Banned
I have been buying presents this month so not too much stuff for me :( Anyway here is my pick-ups so far.

couple of books
F2rw5.jpg

notebooks
1JQfT.jpg

1FPOv.jpg

mini keyboard for my future multimedia computer
aQd1d.png

gamez and only 5€ piece from local flee market
Cla2E.jpg

KnaoG.jpg

OpvPx.jpg

0ozWN.jpg

I actually owned some of those games already but I figured I can sell them for some profit ;)

esit also some whisky
mfI3k.jpg

suikodan

CiSTM said:
I have been buying presents this month so not too much stuff for me :( Anyway here is my pick-ups so far.

gamez and only 5€ piece from local flee market
Cla2E.jpg

KnaoG.jpg

OpvPx.jpg

0ozWN.jpg

I actually owned some of those games already but I figured I can sell them for some profit ;)

Wow @ the covers of Ninja Gaiden and Megaman 3 & 4.

demosthenes said:
$500 - $1000 per? or for the whole set? Do you have any speakers currently or are we starting from scratch? Need details!

If you want PM me, I might forge to check back here. I'm no expert but I can give you my advice :)

This is my question as well. $500-$1000 per, or the set?

If your looking for per I am a fan of, use and suggest Definitive Technology Mythos series.

Top Bottom