• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

seady

Guevara said:
I picked up a PS3 and did the same earlier this year. I also can't believe you were able to get some of these games without the (ugly?) red plastic greatest hits box. The PS3 really has an amazing and unique library.

I specifically avoided all the Greatest Hits box. It took me a while to find copies that are still in non-greatest hits condition. Uncharted was the hardest to find in non-greatest hits condition, others were not so bad. In fact, I skipped some sale during Black Friday because some stores only have Greatest Hits version left. God, I hate those red boxes. :lol

Also noted that I got all of these games at less than $20 each, mostly from Amazon. Even Gran Turismo 5 is free with the PS3 purchase on BF.

ResidentDante said:
Is that a Lego iPhone / iPod recharger to the left?

It's a mini portable speaker for iPods. I use it on my old Nano that doesn't have speakers. I think the newer models have speakers now.

Cdammen

Found an awesome old, fully manual, M42 lens on eBay. Mounted it on my DSLR and fell in love with it.

lens20101210.jpg

And here are the two first test shots I did.

Forsete

M42 is great, and often cheap. I have two, 135 and a 35. I like them better on the NEX because of the live-view.

Cdammen

Forsete said:
M42 is great, and often cheap. I have two, 135 and a 35. I like them better on the NEX because of the live-view.
I shoot through live-view all the time because it's really hard to judge if things are in focus through the viewfinder on my DSLR. The focusing screen on most modern cameras are made with auto-focus in mind, that's maybe why they suck in conjunction with old manual lense, I'm considering buying a KatzEye focusing screen but it seems like a hassle.

I love the softness of the old lenses and the color reproduction of my Helios makes green, blue and violet colors more pronounced.

seeds19

Banned
A few pickups of november
dsc00921.jpg

My camera is broken add to the photo a:
Fallout new vegas (ps3)
Fallout new vegas strategy guide.
Two worlds2 (ps3)
Dead nation.
Energy sistem color book.

I visit poland for work in november and the souvenirs are:
2 zywiek (polish beer, very good)
And 2 bottles of vodka zubrowka (very good vodka too)

I take a photo of the stuf when mi camera resurrects or when i buy a new one.

Hieberrr

It's not really a pick-up, but I did pre-order the 3DS earlier today at a local EB Games. Yeah.. I know.. I was about to go to Toys-R-Us, but the line in the video game section was beyond long and the last time I pre-ordered something (the Wii), they forced me to buy 2 games at launch along with the console (WTF?!).

But.. FINALLY 3D MAFUCKA
(in March)
:D

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Manp said:
looks like Europe (CE = Conformité Européenne), UK probably

:)
The SNES box is in Spanish, so, it's from Spain :)

mehdi_san

LiK said:
new arrivals

Thane and Grunt underneath
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/likchan/Pick-ups/me2lithos.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/likchan/Pick-ups/ninokuni.jpg
Oh you got Ninokuni!!! Awesome!! I almost impulse bought it today at Lawson because they have an exclusive special cover for the book, but I really wanna wait for the price drop, so I had to leave the Lawson with just a bag of chips instead :(

slipknot2009

Neo Member
IMG_0248.jpg

Just got a PS Move to go in the break room at work. There's no better way to kill 15 minutes than with some heated ping-pong or gladiator duels.

I literally was with my guy for equipment for 2 hours trying to decide between the SC37 and SC35 and decided on the 35 as he said I wont really have too much of a difference in performance since I dont really do 2 channel audio for music.

Gonna kinda miss the full phase band control, PLQS bitstream, and DNLA 1.5 and sampling rate converter but we'll see, if I dont like I can always upgrade next model line lol

WP_000028.jpg

WP_000030.jpg

Hammer24

Banned
Two biggest pickups of the year:

2hcndip.jpg

From February, from what I know the first in Europe.

And this is from July, and its in Florida:

5khs74.jpg

So basically yes, I did my part to help the american economy... :D

UnluckyKate said:
Biggest pick of the month/year/life so far:

2ihlan8.jpg

9lbwps.jpg

Canon 7D with kit 15-85 IS USM
got mine 2 months ago and already shoot over 20.000 photos but 7D does not deserve Kit lens..get rid off that

5252389982_525268d999_z.jpg

Got Inception on Tuesday and kept forgetting to bring it home from work but I just got home from buying a Christmas tree and DBZkai vol. 3 was on my doorstep. =)

Yes Boss!

Roomate picked up the Flingsmash bundle to get a Wiiremote for his Rockband setup and gave me the Flingsmash. I ain't complaining.

35491ee8.jpg

suffah

Does maths and stuff
IMG_2210.jpg

Super stoked I found the steelbook at a reasonable price. Also picked up a bunch of Kinect stuff but too lazy to take pictures. :)

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
WP_000042.jpg

Been wanting to play Bayonetta for awhile. I owned RDR before but sold it because I was strapped for cash. Never finished so I guess I will now. And Half-Life PS2. I already own both versions of HL1 on PC, but it's probably one of my favorite series ever, so whats one more copy? And this is the best looking version of the game until Black Mesa: Source comes out.

Like thats ever gonna happen.

JEKKI

man that burger was hella good tho. I wish I had another one.

I wish I ate the spicy tuna hadouken too... I gave it to my friend who couldnt get into the event...

b6swep.jpg

Donos

Also posted in the Android Hardware thread. My new HTC Desire HD. This thing is a beast. Love it and Android.

dmwneb.jpg
2cmpw1v.jpg

Koroshi said:
L8uZ1.png

Damn those hideous red boxes. :lol
I mistook it for a HD-DVD at first :lol

So oversized Amazon box time:
IMG_2785.jpg

Might and Magic wasn't the contents, thankfully Amazon are not that crazy. Both ruler and might and magic are for scale purposes only.
The contents:
IMG_2786.jpg

Its arrived great and in one piece, so I'd rather the crazy packaging than them arrive broken.

Also random find in a cash generator:
IMG_2793.jpg

Since its rare to find Japanese DS games in the wild I thought I'd give it a punt. Sadly it seems to a launch window DS game called Cool 104 Joker & Setline and is two gambling games, ugh. Oh well.
I've not yet figured out the strategies to actually tilt the odds in my favor, if such things exist

Top Bottom