• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

CrankyJay

Banned
Hammer24 said:
With what they tax me every year, I think I do more than my share... ;P

~120k €, guess its OK for it being directly at the water (and rather newly built)

My parents live in Florida and tell me how real estate prices are pretty much at an all time low with overbuilding, so now is the time to buy.

In fact, my in laws are down there now looking at a condo.

Hammer24

Banned
CrankyJay said:
My parents live in Florida and tell me how real estate prices are pretty much at an all time low with overbuilding, so now is the time to buy.

Yup, thats why we finally pulled the trigger this year.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Picked up 3. Mine doesn't have its corners dented like these two:
14l4gad.jpg

LiK said:
new arrivals

Thane and Grunt underneath
me2lithos.jpg

Is that a Tali poster?
How big it is (its only that part, or whole body) and where can I get it?

AlfaTrion said:
that's awesome. what country? I've never seen those box arts before.

Spanish boxes.

You can see written in the super nes box "tecnología super 16-bit para..."
My uncle bought that box but with the super mario world, street fighter II pack.

Haven't done one of these in a while!

Panasonic 65VT25. Probably the best thing I have ever bought, the PQ is STUNNING.
5244318139_0c91ace248_b.jpg

3D glasses for the TV. One set came with the TV, I got two more with the Avatar 3D pack and then picked up one extra because we'll have at least four people here over the holidays. The pair in back is the older model that ships with the TV, they are powered by a small watch battery and have taken some criticism for their open-frame design with allows light to bleed in. The pair in front is the much improved newer model that comes with the Avatar pack, more lightweight, better design overall and USB-rechargeable.
5254171735_acb54f6faf_b.jpg

Best Christmas ornament ever. When you press the button the lights illuminate and it plays "Hallelujah!" And then all the lights flicker and go out.
5254735758_538c441e66_b.jpg

Great flavor or greatest flavor? Either way it's my favorite.
5254736724_2ce0043948_b.jpg

This was an early Christmas gift from my gf, very pleased about this one. I actually have two, perfect for sharing festive egg nog! Now I just need some egg nog.
5254127305_2b73795e9f_b.jpg

Cataclysm Collectors Edition. Proud to keep the streak alive!
5254743444_161a88ac8e_b.jpg

Needs no explanation.
5254134841_690581dafb_o.jpg

Another one I'm very pleased about. This isn't available in stores but you can order it from WB's "Archive Collection" on their website. By far Kid 'n Play's best movie.
5254745512_685df5c75a_b.jpg

Holiday viewing. Avatar looks pretty amazing in 3D but honestly I still prefer the 2D version at home. Haven't watched A Christmas Carol yet but the 3D demo in-store was very impressive. Inception, obviously. And I was fortunate enough to get one of the PATV Season 1 DVD sets signed by the whole Penny Arcade crew.
5254171265_1dafd548e8_b.jpg

Got these from Amazon UK, two children's shows I grew up with and have very fond memories of. You nostalgia you lose!
5254171509_5986fe1eb5_b.jpg

This technically is a birthday gift for my gf but I will be the true beneficiary of it as I stuff all the cookies and other awesome stuff she makes into my face.
5254832254_9e133afcc8_b.jpg

LiK

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Is that a Tali poster?
How big it is (its only that part, or whole body) and where can I get it?

Tali lithograph and the image goes down to her legs. the box flap in the pic is covering the lower half. same size as all their usual lithos 18 x 24". it's also autographed like all their usual lithos.

if you want Tali, she was presold out weeks before they shipped it. and they don't restock them. you'll need to hope they come out with a mini litho version instead.

only available here: http://biowarestore.com/

Hammer24

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
This was an early Christmas gift from my gf, very pleased about this one. I actually have two, perfect for sharing festive egg nog! Now I just need some egg nog.
5254127305_2b73795e9f_b.jpg

HOLY SHIT! Where did you get these? I need ´em!

CiSTM

Banned
My first purchase from D2D. Oh, and it's 75% off right now so buy it you don't have it already... Or wait for steam sales, what do I care ?
edit. my sloooooow net sucks :(
U6aLQ.jpg

Oh, couple of things I forgot.

I really can't say enough good things about the new 360 controller. The new D-pad is a HUGE improvement, I have it locked in the 4-way position for selecting special weapons in NFS: Hot Pursuit. And I have grown to like the aesthetic so much more than when I first saw it. Here are some glamour shots I took:

5254409987_9d76cbd63b_b.jpg

5255021458_cbd746cbe3_b.jpg

5254409345_17822304c1_b.jpg

5254409045_11cdd7f562_b.jpg

5254408685_390a568d3b_b.jpg

Two pairs of cozy Christmas socks for $5! OLD NAVY FTW!

5255022242_32a94c6e80_b.jpg

Regarding
ps3monitor.jpg

KaYotiX said:
How good does it work and do they make a 360 version? Id love one for my spare 360 that i use to travel with.

Don't know about a 360 version. Works fine even though it requires a power adapter of its own, i was hoping it would have been USB powered :D

Nice clean 720p visuals and an "ok" sound. Has 2 headset ports too so better off with those. Viewing angles are not too hot so i would suggest this only if you play single player.

Bii

Damn, that Hulk Burger looks good.

My favorite pick-ups of the year are as follows:

4869748629_d264635b04_b.jpg

PSP-2000.
The last time I owned a PSP was the one at launch. I sold it a few months thereafter since the only game I was playing was Lumines. Now that I own one again, the PSP's software library is filled with so many games that I want to play. This especially came in handy because I bought it right before a camping trip.

4950397084_76614be5aa_b.jpg

Gigabyte GeForce GTX460 1GB.
My PC needed an upgrade and this piece opened up a whole slew of games that didn't run (at all or optimally) when I was using a 512MB 9800GT. I had planned on upgrading anyway once Starcraft II was out.

4728589637_cc3cda46cb_b.jpg

Filet Mignon Kabob.

My second favorite food pick-up of the year. :lol My first was a lobster tempura/bacon-wrapped filet mignon dinner (no pictures, though).

5193216504_af4caf402b_b.jpg

iPhone 4 32GB.
I've had the original iPhone 8GB for a number of years now. Was waiting to get the white iPhone 4 but it was delayed/cancelled/whoknows. So I settled for the black one and man, what an upgrade. Everything runs so smoothly.

----------------

Worst pick-up (because I can)

5026550421_d0dbbf59eb_b.jpg

Final Fantasy XIV Collector's Edition.

*sigh* I had high hopes for this one. Such a big letdown. There goes my $80. :[

----------------

And now my most recent pick-up:

5255348854_7bf4df3f48_b.jpg

Infinity Blade. iPhone. $5.99.

I just started the game and engaged in a few fights already. I'm quite impressed.

Gary Whitta said:
Omg my Gfs dad loves that bloody film.
EVERY year for the last 9 years (probably even before I met my gf) he watches this film without fail at christmas. No way in hell that would reach me in the UK by then though :(

Nooooo
". Do you ship internationally?
Our partner site www.retrofestive.com does ship within Canada. Please visit www.retrofestive.com if you live in Canada. Unfortunately at this time we are unable to ship internationally, but will gladly ship to any United States address."

robertj15

iKXpW.JPG

Black Ops for me, Kirby's Epic Yarn for me and the lady to co-op.

662tT.jpg

Finally picked up RE5 Gold Edition about a month ago. Already got the platinum trophy, can't get myself to get the 100%, though. The multiplayer is too stop-and-go for me.

SHHSI.jpg

Amazing.

mjbpl.jpg

Ask the Dust by John Fante. I'm a huge Bukowski fan, and was told this guy heavily influenced him. Pretty good so far.

milkham

Bii said:
----------------

Worst pick-up (because I can)

5026550421_d0dbbf59eb_b.jpg

Final Fantasy XIV Collector's Edition.

*sigh* I had high hopes for this one. Such a big letdown. There goes my $80. :[

----------------

is that a mic for podcasting or are you really careful about voice chat quality in FF XIV?

Some more recent pickups:

Got this today. I know I've said before that my iPad has made laptops redundant for me but there are still a few work-related things I need a laptop for and the super sexiness of the new Air was too much to resist.
30b223r.jpg

Been playing around with this, the Sony Bloggie - basically their answer to the Flip camera. I like it a lot so far, the 1080p video recording is excellent quality and I like that it lets you snap still pictures while shooting video. Anyone else played with this? How does it compare to Flip?
2007795.jpg

Finally redeemed my free antennagate bumper at the Apple store. I had a black bumper but my iPhone kept disappearing any time I set it down on a dark surface so I got the super obnoxious green bumper to keep me from losing it all the time.
1658k4.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The bloggie is hot. I got one for a friend and messed around with it. Good stuff.

I have a flip hd already too...

Yeah I like the bloggie a lot, seems like a good value at $150. Just wondering how it does in a heads-up comparison with the Flip as they seem very similar...

Tabris

Gary Whitta said:
Finally redeemed my free antennagate bumper at the Apple store. I had a black bumper but my iPhone kept disappearing any time I set it down on a dark surface so I got the super obnoxious green bumper to keep me from losing it all the time.
1658k4.jpg

Ewww. Except for the screen, you just invalidated the second reason to own an iPhone 4 (over an iPhone 3GS that is)... the phone has lost it's sexiness. I go caseless like real men should do. 6 months with 0 scratches on the front and only a couple small scratches on the back which are only noticable with light to highlight them.

With how cheap that back glass is to replace, go caseless and just replace the back glass if you accidently shatter it or it gets too scratched up.

Bii

milkham said:
is that a mic for podcasting or are you really careful about voice chat quality in FF XIV?

I don't use that mic for games. Or rather, I don't use it to communicate with others while playing online.

Tabris said:
Ewww. Except for the screen, you just invalidated the second reason to own an iPhone 4 (over an iPhone 3GS that is)... the phone has lost it's sexiness. I go caseless like real men should do. 6 months with 0 scratches on the front and only a couple small scratches on the back which are only noticable with light to highlight them.

With how cheap that back glass is to replace, go caseless and just replace the back glass if you accidently shatter it or it gets too scratched up.
I've been going caseless, but I feel anxious holding it every time I'm outside or over any kind of hard surface. I actually had my first real drop last week, 4ft onto a concrete surface, and while the damage was nominal (no scratching or cracking, just minor scuffing to the bezel) it was enough to convince me to put the bumper back on.

I agree the green is fucking ugly, but I'm tired of losing my phone. I have a black bumper as well that I may revert to if I get too sick of the green.

milkham

Gary Whitta said:
I've been going caseless, but I feel anxious holding it every time I'm outside or over any kind of hard surface. I actually had my first real drop last week, 4ft onto a concrete surface, and while the damage was nominal (no scratching or cracking, just minor scuffing to the bezel) it was enough to convince me to put the bumper back on.

I agree the green is fucking ugly, but I'm tired of losing my phone. I have a black bumper as well that I may revert to if I get too sick of the green.

you should get Will and Norm to test this http://zomm.com/

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I say keep the bumper on, Gary. You might say the aesthetics are ruined by a case... but nothing ruins the aesthetics more than a broken iphone. I know from experience :(

seady

BocoDragon said:
I say keep the bumper on, Gary. You might say the aesthetics are ruined by a case... but nothing ruins the aesthetics more than a broken iphone. I know from experience :(

It's a chicken and egg question.
You put the bumper on to avoid your phone to become ugly. But the bumper itself is ugly in the first place. I personally don't like to put on a condom too onto my electronics, but if I do I am willing to pay a ton for a sexy case. Electronics like this usually last for 2-3 years, why not get the best out of it and hiding it instead?

Gray_Fox

Neo Member
I Was in ROMA

img0219l.jpg

img0506me.jpg

img0507xd.jpg

img0511ro.jpg

---------------------------------------------

img0166wo.jpg

---------------------------------------------
Kenwood Coffee Maker

kcr.jpg

d7mq.jpg

sikkinixx

Gary Whitta said:
Some more recent pickups:

Got this today. I know I've said before that my iPad has made laptops redundant for me but there are still a few work-related things I need a laptop for and the super sexiness of the new Air was too much to resist.
30b223r.jpg

11 or 13" model? Looks like the 13 by the box size? Impressions?

Gary Whitta said:
Haven't done one of these in a while!

Panasonic 65VT25. Probably the best thing I have ever bought, the PQ is STUNNING.
5244318139_0c91ace248_b.jpg

lol awesome!

Loved hearing about this in the most recent Tested Podcast :D

Top Bottom