• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! Show us your gaming goods!

I got this book about Blek Le Rat.

002.JPG

Honestly, I'm slightly disappointed in it. I think they should have devoted more pages to images of his art. A large portion of the book is taken up by essays from art curators, gallery managers, and other street artists. There's only so much you can say about Blek and a lot of the text got fairly repetitious. That said, it's still really cool and I'm glad to have it. It goes nicely with my Banksy book.

On to the main event! Took a while for this to ship because one of the items was a pre-order, but man I'm excited.

001.JPG

Nujabes - Metaphorical Music | I technically already had this, but it was the Dimid Recordings release instead of the proper Hydeout Productions release.
Jemapur - Dok Springs
Nujabes - Spiritual State
Kenmochi Hidefumi - Falliccia (cd and vinyl versions)
Emancipator - Soon It Will Be Cold Enough

and finally

Nujabes - Spiritual State Special Tribe Mix Edition w/ 7' vinyl

I've got only 6 releases left to obtain until I own everything ever released on the Hydeout Productions label.

Detail on the special edition

003.JPG

Nice that it came with a little poster of the cover.

It's amazing but also bittersweet to have this in my hands. Nujabes died February 2010 in a car crash and Spiritual State is the last album of his that will ever be released. It's a sad thing that such a brilliant musician died so young with so much potential ahead of him.

Rest in beats Jun.

McCloud?

The last of my Black Friday/Cyber Monday haul finally arrived in the mail:

Jc51X.jpg

BZqHC.jpg

Bring it on, Winter. I'm not leaving the house for the next three months anyway.

6488887507_f734000e70_z.jpg

From the Gamefly sale.

6488887305_ddccb356b1_z.jpg

Some new Blu-rays (JP trilogy for $20)

6488990145_66242bb7f9_z.jpg

Sucked it up and paid up for it. Amazing sound quality.

6488990399_2c58b77c8d_z.jpg

Wish You Were Here [Immersion Edition]

6488886871_3220a86ea3_z.jpg

Beer and Captain haul

6488887009_bbd8461c42.jpg

2 cases of heaven in a bottle

plc268

SO if I sign up and make a purchase I can get $600 worth of Amazon cards? WHere do i sign up?

Not anymore, afaik, they give you $250 (25,000 points). When I signed up, they gave 50,000 points, and there was a 20% discount on giftcards for the holiday season. On top of that, the card has $69 annual fee, so it's not as great of a deal anymore.

Here's the link:
http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/6000224

Credit card companies do stuff like this occasionally, and if you can afford to take a credit hit for opening a new card, it's worth pursuing.

Azzurri

Not anymore, afaik, they give you $250 (25,000 points). When I signed up, they gave 50,000 points, and there was a 20% discount on giftcards for the holiday season. On top of that, the card has $69 annual fee, so it's not as great of a deal anymore.

Here's the link:
http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/6000224

Credit card companies do stuff like this occasionally, and if you can afford to take a credit hit for opening a new card, it's worth pursuing.

Yea, sucks. I would of done it if they had the offer still going.

Solemn Nomad

Neo Member
Nujabes - Metaphorical Music | I technically already had this, but it was the Dimid Recordings release instead of the proper Hydeout Productions release.
Jemapur - Dok Springs

and finally

I've got only 6 releases left to obtain until I own everything ever released on the Hydeout Productions label.

Nice that it came with a little poster of the cover.

It's amazing but also bittersweet to have this in my hands. Nujabes died February 2010 in a car crash and Spiritual State is the last album of his that will ever be released. It's a sad thing that such a brilliant musician died so young with so much potential ahead of him.

Rest in beats Jun.

Mind if I ask what you use to import all those albums? Yahoo auctions, HMV Japan? (assuming you don't live in Japan)

Cheska

Soo.....this was waiting for me today. What could it possibly be?

8161653f.jpg

Oh look! :D YAY!!!!

2da48eee.jpg

19fd92f4.jpg

af1092ce.jpg

My collection certainly would not be complete without all three. Beyond stoked that I finally received these after such a long wait. I'm going to move them to a new glass cabinet when it arrives. I also got the exclusive DLC, so I'm excited to redeem that tonight. Screw the VGA's, my weekend is now complete.

Mind if I ask what you use to import all those albums? Yahoo auctions, HMV Japan? (assuming you don't live in Japan)

I'm in Canada and most of the albums I've bought have been off of Discogs and that's just individuals shipping it to me from wherever. This particular group I bought from www.hydeout-tribe.net and had them shipped to www.tenso.com who forwarded it to me. You don't have to do that anymore for Tribe though since they ship international now.

Tenso has always done good for me so I'd suggest using them if you need to forward stuff.

As a point of interest, yes, I have also bought off of HMV Japan as well as yahoo auctions via ca.hoyoyo.com

sikkinixx

6490888697_7212e92ea0_b.jpg

Found a stick of RAM for my iMac G4. Cracked it open and replaced the 256MB chip that was inside, gave it a good dusting off and reapplied the thermal paste (the stuff on there was flaking off...). Just need to find a super cheap-o Airport Extreme card on eBay and find some also super cheap-o 1GB SO-DIMM for the "user accessible" slot.

What a bitch getting Leopard on this thing. Internal DVD drive wouldn't work with the install of Panther than it came with, so I ended up, after hours of fiddling, having to copy Leopard onto a USB stick, booting into Open Firmware mode (which I didn't know even existed until last night) and fucking around in there to get it to boot off the USB stick and install Leopard. I was beaming once I got it all working though, fun times tinkering around with old stuff.

zmet

Some loose Super Famicom carts: Kiki Kaikai Tsukiyozoushi (Pocky & Rocky 2), GeGeGe no Kitaro, Final Fight 2, and Super E.D.F.
dc5.jpg

Found out I couldn't use my U.S. SNES controller with Super E.D.F. The game wouldn't let me change the difficulty in the options menu, and there were no enemies on the stage. But as soon as I plugged in the Japanese Super Famicom controller, it worked perfectly. I've never had a Super Famicom game do this before.

Snow Bros. Nick & Tom
dc6.jpg

Infinity

Congratulations to the both of you. I've just survived my first year as a father and it's really rewarding so enjoy every second.

And congratulations to all three of you! My daughter will be 3 in a few months, and I can honestly say that year 2 is no less amazing than year 1. Every day is a reason to celebrate!

Gamble

And congratulations to all three of you! My daughter will be 3 in a few months, and I can honestly say that year 2 is no less amazing than year 1. Every day is a reason to celebrate!

Thank you, this is actually my second girl my oldest is 5 and my gf oldest is 4 so my male patterned baldness is showing early already, we have decided to try once more we hope to get a boy on the next attempt.

On another note....MORE PICK-UPS!!!!

Could no longer resist took advantage of the best buy buy 2 get 1 sale last night :) got these and a play n charge kit for the 360 for under 150 :)

And this is a last minute Christmas gift for one of the girls...

This is THE box to get right? Or is there a US ver. coming?
That is releasing this year, yes, until the Limited Ultimate Edition releases in a year or two with all the Ultimate Editions in a boxset.

I originally ordered that as well, but decided to cancel since I would rather wait for the Ultimate set... I can wait because I am not much of a Harry Potter fan, if at all.
That is the set to get if you are a fan and cannot wait for the Ultimate Box set though. ;)

Shadow780

That is releasing this year, yes, until the Limited Ultimate Edition releases in a year or two with all the Ultimate Editions in a boxset.

I originally ordered that as well, but decided to cancel since I would rather wait for the Ultimate set... I can wait because I am not much of a Harry Potter fan, if at all.
That is the set to get if you are a fan and cannot wait for the Ultimate Box set though. ;)

Thanks, I think I can wait for the uber Ultimate set :)

Yea, sucks. I would of done it if they had the offer still going.

If you are really interested, there is still this Chase deal going on. $300 back when you spend $500 on the card in the first three months. No annual fees. (I got this about a month or so ago.) Decent cash back otherwise as well.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3607420

It has the added benefit of them giving you 30,000 points instead of $300 cashback (or you can get a cheque for $300) and they have stuff going on sale in their rewards store. (25% - 50%). Got Mario 3D Land for $30 a week or so after release.

Shuusui

I got this book about Blek Le Rat.

On to the main event! Took a while for this to ship because one of the items was a pre-order, but man I'm excited.

001.JPG

Jemapur - Dok Springs

and finally

Rest in beats Jun.
Haha, this is basically my x-mas wishlist. Amazing collection!

Spacebar

N2ab9.jpg

All games are from Black Friday sales except for KOF. Still waiting on my $5 Vanquish from Best Buy.

I'm also sick and tired of getting stuck in the snow the last few years driving a mustang soooo I got this bad boy just in time for winter! A 2012 F150 XLT!
I bet it wont snow at all now that I bought a truck.

eBFJp.jpg

MrzzO.jpg

T3GnM.jpg

vitacola

Nice. Some questions about it:
1) Is this the 9cmx14cm version?
2) Could you please make a picture of the pages?
Thanks in advance :)

My pick-ups:

GEE Magazin #64 - well ... still too much iPad and too short for a price of 4€ :(
GTA Classic Collection - I know you can download two of the three for free, but GTA 2 was my GTA (I hope you know what I'm trying to say :D) and I wanted it retail. Plus: the London addon isn't available for download.
Rayman Origins Wii - Amazon.de Advents Kalender for the win!
o37RA.jpg

Pullblox aka Pushmo - best downloadable 3DS game!
di3Ss.jpg

Sagitario

That's exactly what I did. I can wait :D

mblitek

Nice job mate! It obviously won't snow, just like me getting all the vehicles snow tires on early in mid-November. What's that? Unseasonably warm temperatures in Toronto, possibly 10Celsius on Thursday I think.

Back to your truck. The new body style (and obviously re-engineered) Ford trucks have a great looking interior. I know you're not *supposed* to buy a truck on interior merits but hey, if you're driving might as well be comfortable!

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
NaZx3.jpg

Kindle Keyboard 3G +Dune (never read)

hxR58.jpg

One of my fav shows

G9S46.jpg

xJ493.jpg

9bdJ8.jpg

GlJhP.jpg

Corpse Party

+digital PC: Skyrim, Crysis 2, Saints Row 3, Batman: AC

Hellish

469568008.jpg

Awesome price and free delivery from the UK, it was too hard to refuse!

I have this coming too I couldn't resist (saw it on RFD) and I am getting it duty free as well as it shipped Royal Mail :D, people who got it shipped through DHL got hit with duties.

Edit: except my delivery was $3 but the vat was removed and it came out to less then it was listed. it was like 55 + 3 shipping to Canada instead of the 66 it was listed.

Top Bottom