• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us goods from the ENTIRE YEAR!)

Fireflu

Auron_Kale said:
Tuesday pick-ups:

Horatio Hornblower complete set & Woot shirt
IMG_0318.jpg
That shirt is phenomenal!

LRB1983

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
Is that your address I see? You might want to edit that if it is.
No, it isn't. It's where spanish gafers can find Sonic Unleashed and Wireless Keyboard.
It's very hard to find here. You couldn't get it until the next year in some stores. :-S
Thanks in any case.

Edit:
Adding one of my last pick-up's before next year:
aatxc.jpg

New Bravia Full HD.

Tokubetsu

Persona 4 shit finally came in! plus some lore tshirts and a mad loot tee.
zoi9z.jpg

Might be buying a cmoy headamp at the end of the month but that's probably gonna be it.

decemberLarge.jpg

Off to ukraine monday, so this is to be the last stuff of the year. Couple more terabytes, Egyptian cotton duvet cover, and big-ass comforter(not pictured).

Jason

decemberpickup5.jpg

Wild Arms (PSN)

decemberpickup6.jpg

Chungking Express Blu-ray <3 <3

and some more vinyl
decemberpickup7.jpg

My Brightest Diamond - Bring Me the Workhorse

decemberpickup8.jpg

Frida Hyvonen - Silence is Wild

decemberpickup9.jpg

Lykke Li - Youth Novels

Netto-kun

distantmantra said:
Ah, I saw that up at Amazon JP, they wanted something like an extra 3,000 yen for it.
3000 yen? That's pretty weird, since the calendar is a pre-order bonus along with the game.:lol

JEKKI

goozex FTW again!!!

25qdh5t.jpg

yeay I heard this game sucks!! lol, I love DMC tho so I gotta play the one that I havent jus to see for myself

10p1wde.jpg

sale at Macys the other day so I bought sum new drawls... kinda pricey but sale + good online testimonials, I gotta do it!!

8wxd1s.jpg

oqhpxj.jpg

camaraderic workplace strikes again with random gifts!! and my co-worker made chocolate peanut butter cheesecake... OMG!!! so good!

Bii

ithorien, congratulations!
TaKeRx, give impressions on how that capture card goes. I've been looking into getting one and it's either going to be a Hauppauge or Black Magic Design's Intensity Pro.

3116919023_086a259250_o.jpg
3116919081_e9e5e2625f_o.jpg

3117745102_4e69162fcf_o.jpg
3117745142_a384feb40e_o.jpg

3116919239_8d0ee970f6_o.jpg

Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - Got this on Amazon when it was $15. It's an excellent deal considering I already have Mr. Driller Online, Galaga Legions and Pac-Man C.E. on XBLA. I don't like that you have to exit out of the game in order to play the original Xbox Live Arcade games. A minor inconvenience for a great selection of games.

Stack of X360 Games - Having owned a 360 for over two years now, I think I missed out on some really great games early on in the 360's life. So I decided to pick up a few launch games (Perfect Dark Zero Limited Edition, NHL 2K6 and Quake 4), games that I've always wanted to try but never got around to (Dead or Alive Xtreme 2, Chromehounds, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Ninety-Nine Nights) and games that were just dirt cheap (Bomberman Act: Zero, World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions). In total, I think I only spent $75.

World of Warcraft Battle Chest - This was $15 at Amazon and only bought it for The Burning Crusade expansion pack as I already have the original. I'm not sure how much info I can suck up from the guides but they may be outdated with all the recent updates to the game.

Into the Deep: Exploring the Earth's Oceans - I saw this on sale at my local Borders for $10 and I'm a sucker for aquatic books. This one serves more as a coffee table book more so than a reader. The photographs are amazing but there just isn't that much information on what you're looking at.

Hollister SoCal Cologne 1.7 Oz - My girlfriend got this for me on our anniversary. I was running low on cologne and maybe she's hinting at something here... :lol

Hive

Banned
JEKKI said:
oqhpxj.jpg

camaraderic workplace strikes again with random gifts!! and my co-worker made chocolate peanut butter cheesecake... OMG!!! so good!

u have great taste in food, that's for sure~ More pics of ramen and/or bento, please. I'm craving that stuff so much lately..;;

DSC01449.jpg

Pictured above: Settlers of Catan Expansion pack, Sports Night DVD box set, Arsenal away jersey, The Dark Knight Blu ray, Band of Brothers Blu ray, The Thing Blu ray, Chungking Express Blu ray, Paris, Je'taime; and several Xbox Live point cards.

December was a good month.

Blablurn said:
Got a question about rhythm tengoku gold. Is it playable when you don't understand any japanese?
I played only a few stages, up to the first remix, and so far I hadn't any problems. And the only thing I know about japanese is how to read kana :p

charmed699

Neo Member
Hello everyone,

I am new here as my account got approved this week but been seeing what everyone bought for a few months. So for all the inspiration you guys gave me here are some photos of what I bought recently in December:

I got The Last Remnant on an impulse due to being on sale for half price(£19.99, and I also had this test on same day which didnt go well. Also managed to get Lips and Tomb Raider Underworld limited edition for less than £20 both due to sale prices and trading two old games. :)

xbox360.JPG

I also just got the european version of the Super Mario Galaxy Platinum from Club Nintendo which actualy came today. On tuesday I was lucky to find Professor Layton too so just had to buy it!

nintendogames.JPG

I finally entered the era of HD gaming too with my first LCD tv set bought about 3 weeks ago.

newtv.JPG

Hope it was done correctly.

manzo

charmed699 said:
I finally entered the era of HD gaming too with my first LCD tv set bought about 3 weeks ago.

newtv.JPG

Hope it was done correctly.

3 weeks ago? How about you start by peeling off those stickers bro?

charmed699

Neo Member
Didn't think anyone would care much about stickers, but I just haven't really thought much of it, since I had so much coursework/tests in the last few weeks. But rest assured that they will come off sometime and my apologies if it's offensive.

It makes me wonder why they are put on tvs anyway since people can just read the description label.

Canti

Today was like a mini Christmas for me:

2ekiuet.jpg

2cf2nad.jpg

2la8mtt.jpg

21x5c3.jpg

okmubm.jpg

- Classic Wii controller
- Unreal Tournament 3 (xmas gift from a friend)
- Dragonball GT season 1 and Dragonball Z season 7
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, baby! :D
- Bleach 25 and Bleach data book 1 (another xmas gift from friend)
- Bleach Versus Crusade...

... a 3d fighting game by Treasure?? 5th best game at TGS says Edge?? Let's boot this bad boy up on GeckoOS!!

aag6yt.jpg

Doesn't work /dies

>:

edit: Got it working with Freeloader, awesome Treasure goodness. :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
charmed699 said:
Didn't think anyone would care much about stickers, but I just haven't really thought much of it, since I had so much coursework/tests in the last few weeks. But rest assured that they will come off sometime and my apologies if it's offensive.

ahahahah it's not offensive in the sense that you're breaking any GAF rule. Your post was fine, and I'm sure you'll do okay here. I think a lot of GAFfers just find stickers on electronics offensive to the eyes ;)

ithorien

Stumpokapow said:
ahahahah it's not offensive in the sense that you're breaking any GAF rule. Your post was fine, and I'm sure you'll do okay here. I think a lot of GAFfers just find stickers on electronics offensive to the eyes ;)

I kept my old school "Full HD 1080" sticker and tech sticker on my 2006 bravia... It will void my warranty noooooooooooo...

Yea, I'm silly like that. And yes, I know it won't void my warranty.

a1m

Banned
Canti said:
- Classic Wii controller
- Unreal Tournament 3 (xmas gift from a friend)
- Dragonball GT season 1 and Dragonball Z season 7
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, baby! :D
- Bleach 25 and Bleach data book 1 (another xmas gift from friend)

Tell me now where did your friend bought that data book?! I need to know or else...

aag6yt.jpg

reminder

My purchases this year:

2hnuvpz.jpg

Hakuna Matata is my december pick-up :)

not pictured:

PixelJunk Eden
Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty
WipEout HD

TommyT

JEKKI said:
goozex FTW again!!!

10p1wde.jpg

sale at Macys the other day so I bought sum new drawls... kinda pricey but sale + good online testimonials, I gotta do it!!
!

Wait what?!

I am utterly confuzzled by this in more than one way ><;

PuMa

TommyT said:
Wait what?!

I am utterly confuzzled by this in more than one way ><;

I was wondering when someone was going to comment on that.. I said the same thing to myself...

TommyT

PuMa said:
I was wondering when someone was going to comment on that.. I said the same thing to myself...

I was thinking about including "well fuck-it, I'll be the one to do it :lol " in my post.

Canti said:

... a 3d fighting game by Treasure?? 5th best game at TGS says Edge?? Let's boot this bad boy up on GeckoOS!!

Doesn't work /dies

>:

That sucks. Did Tatsunoko vs Capcom work for you through Gecko OS?

Canti

comedy bomb said:
That sucks. Did Tatsunoko vs Capcom work for you through Gecko OS?
Tatsu works fine through Gecko.

Reading up on Bleach it appears to come with some new update related to online games. I was on 3.2E firmware: after inserting freeloader twice to bypass any updates, the disc still said I had to update to run it, so I did, thinking it'd probably put me on 3.4 and still not have access to the game. After updating it decides to run with freeloader, yet the Wii still says I'm on 3.2E firmware o_O I'm not complaining though :lol As long as it doesn't bite me in the ass in the future.

Great little game, seems pretty unbalanced but really fast and fun in traditional Treasure style.

Proc

manzo said:
3 weeks ago? How about you start by peeling off those stickers bro?

My brother has left them on forever as well. It's like he's afraid to peel them off or something.

Top Bottom