• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us goods from the ENTIRE YEAR!)

marwan said:
hehehe...i'm assuming the C905 is not out in the states yet?

man i had the K850 and it only lasted 48 hours....the phone was a complete disaster in every sense of the word! terrible, camera, terrible video, terrible design, terrible keypad, terrible direction pad, terrible glossy-fingerprint magnet finish. awful phone.

anyways, you'll be extremely happy when you get the C905 :)

I've been on the fence about buying one (I told myself that I would buy one once the copper colour was released). I've heard it either works well, or not at all (From what I've read on other forums).

december08end.jpg

And so, December ends with a whimper. After all the great gameness recently, it's a shame that there was little to buy even in the sales so far. Still, got me some Haruhi figure with Newtype, and the great Armstrong and Miller series 1 DVD, so it's not all bad.

Gagaman

mosqito said:
Ebayer from Italy sold me those:

snip

Happy 2009 GAF

Darn, sealed! How much did those cost you? Not that it matters, rip them open and play 'em!

Last stuff of 2008!

Building up my Japanese Saturn collection (many of them dirt cheap and replacing my bulky PAL copies). Also finally part of the 4MB RAM club! Presuming there is a club, that is..

2myxf92.jpg

PS3 purchases of the last month and a bit, far too many good deals floating about recently, didn't pay more than £20 for any of these!
Thanks Cheap-ass GAFer thread! (Motorstorm will be replaced with sequel eventually)

2w1w9dd.jpg

The DVDs and Mario toys were my Christmas presents. I got the Blu-Ray from Woolworths for £10. I forgot to take a picture of my Futurama Season 2 set, which I got minutes before my local Woolworths at 90% off, which made it £3.50!

df9c9s.jpg

Finally after looking everywhere I found one of these in Debhenams. Apparently the "Sonic is Broken" (Go on say it), but in reality the whole set only works when it feels like it.
Oh well, they let me have it for £3 so I can't complain as I only really wanted the figures out of it anyway.

aombsy.jpg

Well, it's my first time posting in this topic:

vdk6so.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality, guess I'd better detail them:

GH:WT guitar - Christmas present since my Les Paul broke. Good guitar, but it squeals like mad. We gave the copy of the game it came with to a friend of the family since I've already got it. Now I want Harmonix to patch RB2 to use the slider as solo buttons!

Yotsuba& action figure - Yeah, sad I know. But I saw it in a shop and couldn't resist :D

The Dark Knight Blu-ray - Christmas present.

Chrono Trigger DS - PAL gamer with a legimate copy of CT. There's something I thought I'd never say for about a decade and a half :lol

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time DVD - Christmas present. Such a nice film.

Last pick-ups of the year:
125ovi8.jpg

I went to Hot Topic to get one of those MGS4 shirts. After I got it, I checked the back shelves cause the stuff there was half off. I found the Darkwing Duck shirt on accident back there. Same with Speed Racer Vol. 2. I went to Blockbuster to get some used games with that B1G1 sale, but they were cleaned out. I saw it and impulse bought it! :lol

Here's the back of the Darkwing Duck shirt:
1jns6c.jpg

I would've preferred something short like "Let's get dangerous!", but it's still good. :D

cjdunn

dec1108.jpg

And now... the Christmas Pickups!!!
dec1208.jpg

dec1308.jpg

dec1408.jpg

dec1508.jpg

...and the best of the lot:
dec1608.jpg

This will be last time I use my small digital camera, a Canon PowerShot S410, because I spent too much time fixing whites that come out as light purple. So a new camera for the Spring pickups!

Update: Oh shit wait! There seems to be a free, out-of-warranty repair from Canon. I'll have to try that next week.

Last pick ups of the year! Been a pretty good year, for pick ups at least, a PS3 and a new TV! And now, adding to that...

PC313688.jpg

Two belts and a pair of jeans

PC313689.jpg

8GB iPod Touch! Representin' mah homies at Giant Bomb. Look at dem finger prints. D:

Lucario

Sagitario

Lucario said:
Hey, I have exactly an hour left to show an entire year's worth of goods! :lol

Note: they're massive and I'm bad at cropping things, so I'm just going to post links. Sorry for the lateness, I was going to post this at 12:00 but I'm not sure if that'd be appreciated.

Pokemon bootlegs. Forget the month.

:lol
Best bootleg boxarts ever! That's a Symphonia summon spirit... :lol

sw_s08.jpg

woobit

Needed to test my EEE 900's camera, so heres some of my pic-ups for 2008.

Gamecube, Wii and Xbox 360 games
Picture001.jpg

DS (and one Gameboy Advanced) games
Picture002.jpg

The consoles
Picture004.jpg

controllers and accessories (missing GHWT guitar)
Picture009.jpg

Some of the albums I bought this year
Picture011.jpg

Not pictured is the EEE 900 with a tiny MS netbook mouse and 2GB ram

B.K.

I'm a bit late. I just now found a camera. Here's what I got all year.

Console and Art Books:
33jixj7.jpg

Handheld:
34r7z34.jpg

Other:
snpdud.jpg

There is more too. I forgot to include Persona 3: Fes, my 8 gig memory card for my PSP, and a couple GBA games.

Finally got around to doing year end pictures, but I've decided to only do pictures of my import purchases. We've all seen the domestic games a million times, but there might be some imports in here that people haven't seen or heard of before...

ps308.jpg

ps208.jpg

psp08.jpg

ps108.jpg

ds08.jpg

le08.jpg

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
I'll quote myself from the vinyl thread:

Witchfinder General said:
My Enslaved box-set finally arrived:

Enslavedbox1.jpg

Enslavedbox2.jpg

Enslavedbox3.jpg

Enslavedbox4.jpg

Enslavedbox5.jpg

180g green vinyl. Only listened to a couple of albums thus far but it sounds fantastic considering the source material.

And my favourite purchase of this year (which I'll be paying off well into next year), my Manley Labs 300B Valve preamp:

Manleypre.jpg

Listening to the Enslaved vinyl through my headphones right now as a matter of fact.

Top Bottom