• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us goods from the ENTIRE YEAR!)

suikodan

dec2008.JPG

Today's my birthday and also the party at the workplace.

Got the PS3 Keypad from my GF
Got RE4 Wii from my work colleagues at work (20$ at BestBuy, anyways... :lol )
Got a 50$ gift card from the job Xmas party. Went to FS and requested a price match for Sonic (49$ at Walmart) and got it. I wanted the game except that I wanted it at a lower price or better yet, for free! :lol

Funny, the gift card was the #18 gift, same as today's date. :D

purg3

slept with Malkin
Blu_LED said:
I have still never heard/seen of the soda until 1up and IGN talked about it on podcasts. Where can I find it?

Same here. They were talking about it on the giant bombcast recently, and I cant find it.

suikodan said:
http://suikodan.com/danblogOLD/images/dec2008.JPG[IMG]

Today's my birthday and also the party at the workplace.

Got the PS3 Keypad from my GF
Got RE4 Wii from my work colleagues at work (20$ at BestBuy, anyways... :lol )
Got a 50$ gift card from the job Xmas party. Went to FS and requested a price match for Sonic (49$ at Walmart) and got it. I wanted the game except that I wanted it at a lower price or better yet, for free! :lol

Funny, the gift card was the #18 gift, same as today's date. :D[/QUOTE]

You bought Sonic Unleashed for $70? Dude, the game is $50 at EB Games.

Futureshop is such a rip.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
CurseoftheGods said:
You bought Sonic Unleashed for $70? Dude, the game is $50 at EB Games.

Futureshop is such a rip.
He requested a price match and got it.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Blu_LED said:
I have still never heard/seen of the soda until 1up and IGN talked about it on podcasts. Where can I find it?

As far as I know, Cactus Cooler is only sold in Southern California, maybe in Arizona and Nevada. But if you're in this area, you can find them in all supermarkets pretty much.

Struct09

The name Cactus Cooler sounds like it's related to Tahitian Treat (which is a soda I've had before). Are those two sodas created by the same company?

w9e0yf.jpg

Some Blu-rays and two box sets of DVDs from Dendy which is kind of an "indie" film distributor.

And here's the DVDs from the box.

11qgwzk.jpg

Yes Boss!

Struct09 said:
The name Cactus Cooler sounds like it's related to Tahitian Treat (which is a soda I've had before). Are those two sodas created by the same company?

It is distributed by Coca Cola in Southern California though it is a Dr. Pepper brand (see shape of 20oz bottle). Cans are very rare at the convenience level (C-Stores) but can be found at discounters such as Target.

Tenbatsu

Canti said:
Tatsu works fine through Gecko.

Reading up on Bleach it appears to come with some new update related to online games. I was on 3.2E firmware: after inserting freeloader twice to bypass any updates, the disc still said I had to update to run it, so I did, thinking it'd probably put me on 3.4 and still not have access to the game. After updating it decides to run with freeloader, yet the Wii still says I'm on 3.2E firmware o_O I'm not complaining though :lol As long as it doesn't bite me in the ass in the future.

Great little game, seems pretty unbalanced but really fast and fun in traditional Treasure style.
So after you updated your Wii, can Bleach runs on Gecko OS now?

JEKKI

I dont like soda... but cactus cooler is good.

rite up there with manzana Sol

anyway I'm SICK!!!!

fuz5tc.jpg

and then the dood working at Target has the nerve to ask for my ID to purchase this due to alcoholic content...

and then he takes my ID and has to swipe it thru his system!! wtf?!?!?! I've been tagged!!

and to make it worse... I was at the store for like half an hour coz of crazy azz christmas shoppers and thus the store is hella crowded and it takes forever long to go thru checkout!!

it's like wtheck cant u see I'm sick?!?!?!

Hive said:
JEKKI is simply NeoGAF's Marv Albert~
ah, who is that?? Is that suppose to be the guy from Lost or something??

TommyT

JEKKI said:
lol, yeay theyre pretty huh? and REAL comfortable! the best of both worlds, the reviews were all right!!

I needa buy more now, but I gotta wait for another sale or coupon or deal coz I gotta stock up hella.

the 2009 drawls purge lol

http://www.hankypanky.com/
http://www.viewpoints.com/Hanky-Panky-Thong-reviews

I don't know where to go with this so I'll just quote one of those reviews to be safe...

Anyway, after only a few times of wearing them, I have noticed that they are stretching significantly.

:lol :lol

edit:
Jesus Fuck you do like food! That's all you have in your damn flickr! ... So I ended up getting sick, turns out I shouldn't have asked for a personal touch&feel of those panties. LOOK WHAT YOU GAVE ME JEKKI! :lol :lol

Polk

S5003262.JPG
S5003264.JPG
S5003267.JPG

S5003268.JPG
S5003261.JPG
S5003259.JPG

First batch of december pick-ups. I'm proud of L4D. I bought it for 25$ on weekend deal here in Poland.

Gagaman

Hive said:
Gagaman, would u be so kind as to give impressions of Tetris Plus when u get a chance? ^o^
Was playing it quite a bit the other night, it's pretty good if you like Tetris at the Nintendo pace rather than the insane pace some games do. The basic Tetris mode is about as basic as you get, but there is also a puzzle mode where you have to drop some little bloke to the exit by clearing the blocks, while the idiot decides to climb up them towards a dropping wall of spikes. Kind of like Gussen Oyoyo, if you've ever played that. Oh yeah, and there's a stage creator for that mode too.

zmet

dec4.jpg

dec5.jpg

dec6.jpg

Castlevania Chronicles - PS3/PSP
From Hell, Babel, Gattaca (all $9 a piece) - Blu-ray
ADK Tamashii (new - contains Ninja Combat, Ninja Masters, Twinkle Star Sprites, Ninja Commando, and Aggressors of Dark Combat) - JPN PS2
Nintendo Brand Wii S-Video Cables (new) - Wii

Forsete

bdmoves.jpg

They sent me Die Hard 4.0 by mistake, I already have it on BD so its going back.

Wall-E 5/5, 10/10, 100/100

JEKKI said:
anyway I'm SICK!!!!

fuz5tc.jpg

and then the dood working at Target has the nerve to ask for my ID to purchase this due to alcoholic content...

and then he takes my ID and has to swipe it thru his system!! wtf?!?!?! I've been tagged!!

and to make it worse... I was at the store for like half an hour coz of crazy azz christmas shoppers and thus the store is hella crowded and it takes forever long to go thru checkout!!

I totally feel your pain, as right now on my desk at work is a bottle of dayquil as well:
IMG_0319.jpg

Not pictured is my bottle of Nyquil (that's at home). And yeah, I got ID'd too when I bought my meds...

Hive

Banned
JEKKI said:
LOL!

Hive serving up the facial!

TommyT able to hustle it down!

Markmang has had the hot hand!

Auron_Kale with the circus shot!

nasty n8 is called for steps

haha! you are so awesome ^^

So do u recognize him now??

dralla

2vjev7o.jpg

havent gone christmas shopping yet for anyone but myself. gonna ask for the matching center for christmas, will unbox the sexiness than.

TommyT

JEKKI said:
LOL!

Hive serving up the facial!

TommyT able to hustle it down!

Markmang has had the hot hand!

Auron_Kale with the circus shot!

nasty n8 is called for steps

You just can't stop can you! :lol :lol

Nakazato

_dementia said:
ATH-EM7

I bought a pair of ATH-EM7s to replace my Senn CX300s for portable use.
I like them very much.

I was going to buy a pair next week. Are they really worth it and what are the pros and cons ?

Unkind?

Auron_Kale said:
I totally feel your pain, as right now on my desk at work is a bottle of dayquil as well:
IMG_0319.jpg

Not pictured is my bottle of Nyquil (that's at home). And yeah, I got ID'd too when I bought my meds...
2luxjqs.gif

Fuck I need some of that right now:(

Nakazato said:
I was going to buy a pair next week. Are they really worth it and what are the pros and cons ?
+ Sounds better than my old CX300s at least.
+ Portable without being earbuds (gah, I hate earbuds)
- Awkward to wear with glasses

I'd like to wait until they burn in and I test them with my portable amp before making a definitive statement, but as it is now, sound quality is good, but not spectacular. Easily worth $50 from Amazon w/ free shipping though.

Amir0x

Banned
JEKKI said:
I dont like soda... but cactus cooler is good.

rite up there with manzana Sol

anyway I'm SICK!!!!

*pic*

ah, who is that?? Is that suppose to be the guy from Lost or something??[/QUOTE]

They don't card you for the alcoholic content, even if he said that (and I'm not even sure DayQuil Cold & Flu has significant alcoholic content, by my memory). They card you for the Dextromethorphan active ingredient. DXM is a powerful disassociative hallucinogen and when taken at the appropriate levels will fuck you up. Of course, choosing DayQuil Cold and Flu for this purpose is a pretty idiotic move. The other active ingredients of Acetaminophen and Phenylephrine in the package would pretty much guarantee you'd be puking and maybe have other serious side effects before you achieved any significant robotrip.

Nakazato

_dementia said:
+ Sounds better than my old CX300s at least.
+ Portable without being earbuds (gah, I hate earbuds)
- Awkward to wear with glasses

I'd like to wait until they burn in and I test them with my portable amp before making a definitive statement, but as it is now, sound quality is good, but not spectacular. Easily worth $50 from Amazon w/ free shipping though.
lol thanks you pushed me over going to order next week

312u7sw.jpg

I'm not very good at taking pictures with my old camera. The funny part is that I ordered this months ago and totally forgot about it until earlier today I was thinking about if I should order the SF4 pads this early, then I started wondering what happened to my order of this. I went and checked the mail and saw that this was there.

2wdyivb.jpg

dvs franciscos & 686 uzi

331znrb.jpg

samba de amigo+maracas, 2 free decks of magic cards

previous pics taken with
2lktbu0.jpg

first new personal phone since a treo650
love everything but the super vibrate

Top Bottom