• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us goods from the ENTIRE YEAR!)

2uzdqvo.jpg

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
The only game I could afford to buy this year was Smash Bros. Not only that, but I had to sell off my Dreamcast+games, my PS2, my DS games, some of my Wii games, and a Wii nunchuck.

Jesus, I just realized what a crappy year it's been :(

Baconbitz

Banned
Hotel Dusk and Pokemon Platinum Reservation (Not pictured below). I have a question about Hotel Dusk. How do you reset it?
b5n1p0.jpg

Luckily I had some cash in my wallet. I can't beleive Excite Truck is 30 bucks used still.

Baconbitz said:
Hotel Dusk and Pokemon Platinum Reservation (Not pictured below). I have a question about Hotel Dusk. How do you reset it?
b5n1p0.jpg

Luckily I had some cash in my wallet. I can't beleive Excite Truck is 30 bucks used still.

Oh God, you can reserve Platinum now? HOLY SHIT I MUST DO THIS!

Spruchy

SS4Gogita said:
The only game I could afford to buy this year was Smash Bros. Not only that, but I had to sell off my Dreamcast+games, my PS2, my DS games, some of my Wii games, and a Wii nunchuck.

Jesus, I just realized what a crappy year it's been :(

Atleast DBGT is out on DVD!

IMG_1559.jpg

my 2008 retail game purchases (not counting Downloadables). the POP game on the lower right is the only game that I did not pay for here

Halvie

Banned
Just finished putting this together. I suck with my camera, so the pictures don't look that good, but it looks decent in person.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Halvie said:
Just finished putting this together. I suck with my camera, so the pictures don't look that good, but it looks decent in person.

There are few things in this world sexier than a custom stick. Nice work.

gutter_trash said:
IMG_1559.jpg

my 2008 retail game purchases (not counting Downloadables). the POP game on the lower right is the only game that I did not pay for here

Why did you buy Sonic Unleashed for PS3 and 360?

bkw

Jive Turkey said:
They're called Perler Beads. and they're awesome. They can be found in most craft stores. Here's some I've made in the past year.
Wow! Nice character choices! I think I'm gonna copy you and make the exact same characters. Plus the Sprite and Terra.

rainking187 said:
Why did you buy Sonic Unleashed for PS3 and 360?

the PS3 version was released weeks after 360 version and I really wanted the PS3 version but I couldn't contain myself when I saw the 360 one in the store.. so I bought it.

then later when the Ps3 version came out, I picked up

it is one of the better games of 2008 IMO

Oxx

DS in 2008:

DSCF0082.jpg

Kudos to Square Enix for carrying the system for most of the year.
Kudos to Nintendo for releasing Shadow Dragon in 2008.

Flek

Banned
3144732563_bcd2a69249_o.jpg

< dark knight, mototstorm 2, cod world at war, orwells 1984, logitech harmony one, japanese graphics now, 4 GB ram

3144735725_8846b103cb_o.jpg

< awesome remote - love it!

3145568982_0758d98cbf.jpg

3145572602_83b68fc0d2_o.jpg

< the best book i bought for 9 euros :D

3144723453_b2355a4d27_o.jpg

3145559320_a47d66ca4d.jpg

< toyko made from wood ? awesome!

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
a1m said:
Could you ask your gf where did she get that Cowboy Bebop CD-Box, please? And one other request, could you take few more shots of it?
She got it off Amazon. Independant seller I think. I'll be happy to take a few more pics a little later.

bkw said:
Wow! Nice character choices! I think I'm gonna copy you and make the exact same characters. Plus the Sprite and Terra.
Thanks! I intend to make the Sprite and the rest of the FFVI cast but the colors don't quite match up (look at locke's hair) so i get tired or mixing and mathing colors to get the closest fit. I'll post pics whenever I finally get around to it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Here's some stuff my daughter got from my side of the family...

3145998388_d0b96d1687.jpg

And some gifts from the homies...

3145169177_ebbdc8f054.jpg

3145167875_c56b635907.jpg

bought yesterday:
photo.jpg

plus i rented from blockbuster three blu-rays:

- doomsday (eugh)
- shoot em up (lulz)
- a de niro movie i can't remember the name

and with a special promotion they rented me for free a myiazaki movie

The Movie Week has begun!

Yazuka

Got these in todays mail. I should have a copy of FFXII coming in to either tomorrow or next week. I got them for about 9dollars each. So I'm happy.

29-12-Games.jpg

LRB1983

Banned
2j0inpt.jpg

Mascots from a wellknown TV show here in Spain.
Dark Messiah 360
Dracula BD
Interview with the Vampire BD
Black leather gloves
8GB USB Key
White RP-HTX7 headphones.

Still waiting for my awesome last pick-up :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
°°ToMmY°° said:
bought yesterday:
photo.jpg
How's the image and sound quality for "Qurlcuno Voló Sul Nido Del Cuculo"?

Seiken said:
How's the image and sound quality for "Qurlcuno Voló Sul Nido Del Cuculo"?

i haven't watched it yet, but reading from the back case:

VIDEO: 1080p 16x9 1.85:1
AUDIO: dolby digital, 5.1 for english dub and 1.0 for the others one (yep, audio sucks big time). i'll check later if it's a translation error, 1.0 seems too odd.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
°°ToMmY°° said:
i haven't watched it yet, but reading from the back case:

VIDEO: 1080p 16x9 1.85:1
AUDIO: dolby digital, 5.1 for english dub and 1.0 for the others one (yep, audio sucks big time). i'll check later if it's a translation error, 1.0 seems too odd.
Alright, would you kindly send a pm and tell me about the quality when you've watched it? No need to rush btw, I have a big movie backlog right now :)!

Thanks!

Seiken said:
Alright, would you kindly send a pm and tell me about the quality when you've watched it? No need to rush btw, I have a big movie backlog right now :)!

Thanks!

ok :)

in the meantime i found a review on HD digest: http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/878/oneflewoverthecuckoosnest.html

and the disc specs

Technical Specs
* Blu-ray
* BD-50 Dual-Layer Disc

Video Resolution/Codec
* 1080p/VC-1
* 480p/i/MPEG-2 (Supplements Only)

Aspect Ratio(s)
* 1.85:1

Audio Formats
* English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround (640kbps)
* French Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono (192kbps)
* Spanish (Castellano) Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono (192kbps)
* Spanish (Latin) Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono (192kbps)
* German Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono (192kbps)
* Italian Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono (192kbps)

Subtitles/Captions
* English Subtitles
* French Subtitles
* Spanish Subtitles
* Danish Subtitles
* Dutch Subtitles
* Finnish Subtitles
* German Subtitles
* Italian Subtitles
* Japanese Subtitles
* Korean Subtitles
* Norwegian Subtitles
* Portuguese Subtitles
* Swedish Subtitles

Supplements
* Audio Commentary
* Documentary
* Deleted Scenes
* Theatrical Trailer
* Collectible Booklet

Exclusive HD Content
* None

Yoshichan

Thanks for the link man!

zmet

dec9.jpg

dec10.jpg

Event Horizon (new) - Blu-ray
The Truman Show (new) - Blu-ray
Valis IV (used/missing spine card) - PCE CD
Serenity (new) - Blu-ray

Top Bottom