• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

-PXG-

bioshock2.jpg

Bii

No gaming-related stuff.

4335315889_5f1b4d75a0_o.jpg

Slim Custom-Fit Match Stripe Polo. Polo Ralph Lauren. $40.
I love Polos. Instead of sticking with a solid or striped one, I got one with a sash. :lol Got a lot of compliments from wearing it too.

4348011640_ddcc71572c_o.jpg

Purigen, Chemi-Pure Elite, Marine Snow, Cyclop-Eeze and Formula Two Marine Pellets. $55.
Various fish, coral and invertebrate food/supplements. Also some items to help filtrate the crap in my tank.

4347264577_ea086c9d2b_o.jpg

Devil's Armor. Zoanthid. 3 Polyps. $5.
Bought from AquaSD. Paid for one polyp and ended up with three. I've been wanting this for a long time so it's nice to finally get some for a steal. These look way better in person.

4347264435_30d96c8321_o.jpg

Super Fire and Ice. Zoanthid. 8 Polyps. $15.
Same with the Devil's Armor, I bought it from AquaSD. Paid for three polyps and got eight.

4335351679_321efd2fb0_o.jpg

Super Metallic Green Octospawn. Euphyllia. $99.
I wasn't sure how well this would do in my tank since I don't want it to sting other corals. So I set it to it's own spot and it's doing wonderful so far.

4335316029_ff9ecf7dbf_o.jpg

Ultra Yellow Speckled Trachy. Trachyphyllia. $129.
My favorite coral thus far. It just sits there. So awesome.

Metallica Green (lower right-corner). Zoanthid. 25-30 Polyps. $10.
Got this for cheap from a local fish store. I think they're Metallica Green zoas but will have to properly I.D. them later on.

And because someone will ask, here's a full tank shot:

4336060184_f885de16b0_o.jpg

My green hair algae levels aren't as bad as before. I just need to prune the rocks since they're not growing much any more.

Netto-kun

Don't think I'll have anything else to buy for the remaining month and March (hopefully:lol ).

- Some CDs taken from Final Fantasy concerts + 3rd The Black Mages album
- Street Fighter IV
- Japanese version of The World Ends with You
- Star Ocean: The Last Hope International w/ artbook
- Karaoke Joysound DC w/ extra microphone
- Zangeki no Reginleiv w/ limited soundtrack

SSL22032.jpg
SSL22035.jpg

SSL22036.jpg

Nice Nano reef !
Gotta lose the glass anemone in the middle though , it's gonna split in lots more little ones and become a pest , killing everything it touches .
Inject that sucker with hot water and lots of salt , that will take care of him .
And keep that Euphillia far away from any algae , it will retract and die if you don't .

beje

Banned
Finally my japanese copy of Fatal Frame 4 shipped. I thought I really missed the chance when it went out of stock in play-asia and had to have the order on "looking for suppliers" in yesasia.

Will post pics as soon as I receive it. Also, it will be really cool to scare my roomie shitless :D

Feindflug

r1bz38.jpg

The Bioshock 2 CE is amazing - the vynil LP=<3...I also got the regular ME2 edition (I can't find the freakin' CE), Dragon Age Origins (20e) & Socom w/ Bluetooth headset (20e). :D

Bii

CaseyTappy said:
Nice Nano reef !
Gotta lose the glass anemone in the middle though , it's gonna split in lots more little ones and become a pest , killing everything it touches .
Inject that sucker with hot water and lots of salt , that will take care of him .
And keep that Euphillia far away from any algae , it will retract and die if you don't .

Yeah, I used to have an aiptasia problem as well. The only ones I see now is that one right in the middle and a very small one that is closer to the sandbed on the right side. I have some Aiptasia-X that I'll be using on it soon.

It looks like my turbo and astrea snails are bulldozing the algae, so I'm hoping to be rid of the green hair in the upcoming weeks. My octospawn sits on top of a rock where there isn't any green hair algae that it can come into contact with. So it's safe, for now.

By the way, do you have a tank of your own?

Mafro

Got the Street Fighter comic from a giveaway on Official Playstation Magazine UK's Twitter. Not pictured is the Little Sister figure I got with my Bioshock 2 preorder. My DSi just arrived today, and I also bought Reflect Missile, Art Style Boxlife and PicoPict on DSiWare.

DSCF0647.jpg

And this was my healthy lunch today:

DSCF0643.jpg

Mafro

practice02 said:
Looks pretty tasty I want a report on the flavor.

It was delicious. They managed to send me all of my favourites, aside from the wasabi peanut crackers which I'm not too fond of - BBQ roasted cashews would have been perfect.

Bii said:
So you've basically inspired me to pursue purchasing a Salt Water tank.

I am curious if you would be comfortable sharing how much it costs you. What is the start up cost and the average maintenance costs?

I love your tank and am extremely jealous, but I worry that it would be quite a money pit. Though it would look extremely classy if done right, which you have clearly done.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Two things the last few pages of this thread has taught me:

Liquidus is rapidly approaching the fistfullofmetal level of obssessive creepiness.

Bii has a pretty awesome aquarium.

Mafro said:
It was delicious. They managed to send me all of my favourites, aside from the wasabi peanut crackers which I'm not too fond of - BBQ roasted cashews would have been perfect.
So the box is assembled with random things or you can do a pick and choose deal.
I can't load the graze.com site on my work computer for some reason.

Mafro

practice02 said:
So the box is assembled with random things or you can do a pick and choose deal.
I can't load the graze.com site on my work computer for some reason.

It's made up of a random selection of nuts, fruit, seeds etc. and on their website you can chose which stuff you like best so you are more likely to get sent that in the future.

Lijik

Finally caved in on importing this after having such a blast with Gnilley.
20100211175726.jpg

Going to hopefully be able to try it out with some friends after I get back from life drawing class.

Devin Olsen said:

I am curious if you would be comfortable sharing how much it costs you. What is the start up cost and the average maintenance costs?

I love your tank and am extremely jealous, but I worry that it would be quite a money pit. Though it would look extremely classy if done right, which you have clearly done.

Now I only keep Tropical fish but ill tell you right now that salt water is insanely expensive. I would strongly suggest Tropical first as its alto cheaper by comparison and you really need to learn ALOT of info. This is all assuming you dont already keep tropical s mind you :D

Id post a pic of my tank but I cant find them on my pc :/

thefreshjive

Neo Member
Devin Olsen said:

It depends on the SW tank size you choose, how many fish and coral you plan on having. Basically the bigger the tank, the more fish you have, the more it'll cost for proper maintenance. Certain corals need brighter lights which are very expensive and require precise water parameters. With an average beginner 10G set, expect to invest anywhere up to $200-500. It's really hard to pinpoint an average cost as it varies on what you want. My advice is do A LOT of research as it is a time consuming hobby and you'll encounter many humps along the way through trial and error. I only grazed the tip of the iceberg. However in the end, it pays off.

Nice nano btw bii.

JiliK

DSCF1008s.jpg

Some music. After watching the first season of Twin Peaks last month, I had to get hold of the soundtrack. The Julee Cruise tracks, especially, are awesome.

DSCF1026s.jpg

A bunch of (mostly) bargain bin DVDs. I can only barely remember Game On at this stage, but they were only €2.80 each and any show with an episode called "Bruce Willis and Robert De Niro Holding a Fish" can't be all bad. :lol

DSCF1020s.jpg

Some box sets. I got Lost S2 for €15.60, Aeon Flux for €3.50 (on eBay) and Deadwood S1 for €10. It's the Australian version, but for some reason it also supports Region 2.

DSCF0977s.jpg

A little reading material and some games:

DSCF1032s.jpg

gogfeb10.jpg

stmfeb10.jpg

Mafro said:
It's made up of a random selection of nuts, fruit, seeds etc. and on their website you can chose which stuff you like best so you are more likely to get sent that in the future.
Sounds rad

Bii said:
Yeah, I used to have an aiptasia problem as well. The only ones I see now is that one right in the middle and a very small one that is closer to the sandbed on the right side. I have some Aiptasia-X that I'll be using on it soon.

It looks like my turbo and astrea snails are bulldozing the algae, so I'm hoping to be rid of the green hair in the upcoming weeks. My octospawn sits on top of a rock where there isn't any green hair algae that it can come into contact with. So it's safe, for now.

By the way, do you have a tank of your own?

I have 2 :D

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Alpha_eX

Recieved a DSi as a gift, love the color and the reset button. Haven't found any DSi Ware worth downloading yet and the camera / sound thing got boring during the 10 minute tutorial.

dsi_1.jpg

dsi_2.jpg

dsi_3.jpg

The slime stylus is from my old DS Lite, fits pefectly.

Alpha_eX said:
Recieved a DSi as a gift, love the color and the reset button. Haven't found any DSi Ware worth downloading yet and the camera / sound thing got boring during the 10 minute tutorial.

dsi_1.jpg

I would recommend Mario vs. Donkey Kong March of the Minis (essentially a full blown puzzle game for 8 bucks) and Mighty Flip Champs, another puzzle game (that becomes devilishly tough later on) by the makers of Shantae.

Alpha_eX said:

the dark void game is good and flipnote is really cool.

Alpha_eX said:
dsi_3.jpg

I usually don't like different stylus for the DS but damn that slime one is fucking awesome.

The greatest purchase I will make this year.

4350281072_9b4f219668_b.jpg

4350281396_4f8588400d_b.jpg

4350281710_948e9af07b_b.jpg

All of Calvin and Hobbes in 3 massive volumes. I'm pretty sure you could kill someone with this by dropping the full box on their head.

Top Bottom