• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Eric Hall

2010-02-01010742.jpg

Eureka Seven: Complete Collection 1 & 2
Mass Effect 2
Moon (Blu-Ray)
Hurt Locker (Blu-Ray)
John Hodgman: More Information Than You Require
Motion City Soundtrack: My Dinosaur Life
Vampire Weekend: Contra
Passion Pit: Manners
nevershoutnever: What is Love?

2010-02-01011046.jpg

Vinyls:
T.I: Paper Trail ($4 at Hot Topic)
Manchester Orchestra: Mean Everything to Nothing
All American Rejects: S/T ($4 at Hot Topic)
Kid Cudi: Man on the Moon - The End of Day

2010-02-01011112.jpg

More Vinyls:
Thursday: Common Existence ($4 at Hot Topic)
Vampire Weekend: Contra
Minor Threat: Minor Threat LP

2010-02-16100331.jpg

Hard Rain (Blu-Ray)
Thrice: Alchemy Index I-IV (Vinyl)
Bioshock 2

Not pictured:
Dante's Inferno (PS3)

Smash88

Banned
oblo said:
http://imagehosting.jumbee.net/show/image/705_dscn0844.jpg[IMG]

For my PS3, about time, finally leaving 40GB-ghetto. :lol

/edit: back-up went smooth yesterday, restoring today... Not so much. At least my savegames seem to have made it over and 2 out of 5 installed PSN-games still work, gamedata... Well LBP seems ok but that's really the only one. Oh well, at least the drive itself seems to work fine.[/QUOTE]

Just a little heads up. Those "blue" hard drives are notorious for failing, so be careful, and be ready to backup at the slightest problem.

Dogenzaka

Banned
red shoe paul said:
Read about raw denim, a whole new other world when you're into denim fashion. ;D

But if you sweat a lot don't the jeans start to smell really bad...and after 6 months...wow

I'm gonna go look it up now

Dogenzaka said:
But if you sweat a lot don't the jeans start to smell really bad...and after 6 months...wow

There are tricks to get around that, and you'll think I'm joking, but putting your jeans in the freezing to eliminate smell is 1 way. :D

davidthemute said:
Would you mind posting a pic of the inside of this? Please and thank you.
I actually own one myself. I'll post ones I took a few weeks ago.
4279035135_2bc9a8a392_o.jpg

4279779802_74beb8d214_o.jpg

4279873412_e21f813a3a_o.jpg

4279130089_e39c600e23_o.jpg

4279884816_fe4666a739_o.jpg

Don't have any pictures of the vinyls themselves, but they're all colored according to the EP. Really nice vinyl set.

Eric Hall

purg3 said:
nice to see some thrice fans around here, that looks sick.

It is very nice and the vinyls themselves look really nice (Fire is red, Water is blue, Air is clear, and Earth is like a swirl pattern) I got it on clearance from Hot Topic for $30, which is I think half off.

Apologize for some of the blurry pictures (turned off the flash on my point and shoot):

Garmin Forerunner 305

I planned on getting the 405 but the reviews were terrible. I'll probably end up upgrading to the 505 if they can combine form with functionality.

Transformers 2 and Ghost in the Shell Blu-Ray

360 MVC2 TE, courtesy of the Gamestop sale. I may buy another so I can have one for the collection and another dual-mod. I think this is stick number 13 or 14. My collection is nowhere as grand as Yes Boss or Markman's, lol.

Hyphen

Came this morning...

image3iy.jpg

Michael Jackson's This Is It.
9 - Limited Edition.

Looking forward to these. Hope they don't disappoint.

neos

Got a new tv,series 6 samsung.
samsung led tv boxes are beautiful
egpt1k.jpg

Tv installed:
16ic8i.jpg

loving it so far.
With the crappy tv i had before i cannot see the table behind the girl, i simply saw a black background:(

eXistor

Some retro stuff. I also just bought a new NES, mine was busted after trying to make in regionfree. It worked for about an hour, but after popping in a new game I just get a gray screen. I cleaned the thing inside out, fixed the 72 pins connector, but nothing...dead.

You'll probably see the NES pic in a few days when it arrives.

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

eXistor said:
Some retro stuff. I also just bought a new NES, mine was busted after trying to make in regionfree. It worked for about an hour, but after popping in a new game I just get a gray screen. I cleaned the thing inside out, fixed the 72 pins connector, but nothing...dead.

You'll probably see the NES pic in a few days when it arrives.

Sweet pickups. Got my Dad a 2600 recently and we played Superman for a few hours. Ah childhood memories...

IMG_1453.jpg

Ace Attorney Investigations (this arrived Friday actually but I got in at 11:30PM took this picture and went to bed, I played for 10 minutes today and the DS batteries started to run out so it is off recharging)
Another Code:R (also arrived Friday)
Okami Artbook (since Capcom recently reprinted these I grabbed one off the book depository and this arrived a few weeks ago)

Not pictured:
Boom Blox: Bash Party

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Hyphen said:
Came this morning...

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8591/image3iy.jpg[img]

Michael Jackson's [i]This Is It[/i].
9 - Limited Edition.

Looking forward to these. Hope they don't disappoint.[/QUOTE]
I notice you're a UKer... where do you order from to get releases on a Saturday?

I've been ordering from Amazon, but they only seem to send Blu-rays out on a Saturday, meaning I'm lucky to get them on the Monday.

JDS 1977

Banned
Dogenzaka said:

Yeah sounds kinda silly.
Into denim fashion?
I think me and my practical Levis are gonna stay outta this one.

I may pick up Dante's Inferno today though. I loved the demo.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
No picture but picked up the Bioshock 2 CE from Amazon for £40, good deal i say.

Ledsen

JDS 1977 said:
Yeah sounds kinda silly.
Into denim fashion?
I think me and my practical Levis are gonna stay outta this one.

I may pick up Dante's Inferno today though. I loved the demo.

You guys never heard of raw denim? I'd say most jeans I see here in Sweden are raw (the Nudie jeans pictured above are swedish, crap quality sadly)... yes you have to wear them for a few months without washing, but they look awesome. And they don't become as filthy as you'd think if you treat them right. I can't stand the look of most pre-washed jeans, that's why I always buy raw.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
sn1pes said:
Maybe my favorite pickup of the month:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_mpN2iayzPww/S4ATp_ICthI/AAAAAAAAALo/csFdQN3GO50/s400/2010-02-20%2011.52.08.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I've got to try these! O: Where can you get them?

JDS 1977

Banned
Ledsen said:
You guys never heard of raw denim? I'd say most jeans I see here in Sweden are raw (the Nudie jeans pictured above are swedish, crap quality sadly)... yes you have to wear them for a few months without washing, but they look awesome. And they don't become as filthy as you'd think if you treat them right. I can't stand the look of most pre-washed jeans, that's why I always buy raw.

I just figured most guys just buy regular jeans. But I'm in my 30s so I dunno.
I giggle when I see that 300$ jeans thread though.
Not tryin to hate anyway so no worries.

th3dude

InfiniteNine said:
I've got to try these! O: Where can you get them?

I've been looking everywhere for them. Finally, I stumbled across them at my local grocery store in the checkout lane and grabbed a bunch :D

Oh, and they are delicious!

Ledsen

JDS 1977 said:
I just figured most guys just buy regular jeans. But I'm in my 30s so I dunno.
I giggle when I see that 300$ jeans thread though.
Not tryin to hate anyway so no worries.

If you're buying jeans for $300 they're most likely raw denim from Japan, which means they're of superior quality and can last you decades, looking better and better the longer you wear them... wouldn't you say that's quite a bargain? If you're buying jeans of lesser quality for that price, then that's just stupid.

Foxix Von

From the 360 D-pad watch thread, picked this up yesterday. Thing is sweeeeeet.
2ltjxn6.jpg

Wished I had this when I was really into blazblue. I can actually pull off Tager's 720 now.:D

th3dude

Foxix said:
From the 360 D-pad watch thread, picked this up yesterday. Thing is sweeeeeet.
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ltjxn6.jpg[IMG]

Wished I had this when I was really into blazblue. I can actually pull off Tager's 720 now.:D[/QUOTE]

Whoa, this looks awesome for arcade games. Where did you get it/what is it?

Clott

Ledsen said:
If you're buying jeans for $300 they're most likely raw denim from Japan, which means they're of superior quality and can last you decades, looking better and better the longer you wear them... wouldn't you say that's quite a bargain? If you're buying jeans of lesser quality for that price, then that's just stupid.

Don't worry dude, people that dont get it will never get it. I only get raw jeans, most of them happen to be Japanese. I can spot those cheap levis most people wear from a mile away. Hey some people like to buy really expensive wine that only lasts them an evening, I would rather take that 300 and invest in some great clothing that will last me a long time.

Foxix Von

sn1pes said:
Whoa, this looks awesome for arcade games. Where did you get it/what is it?

It's wicked snappy, and it comes from the most unlikely of places. You can read more about buying one in the D-pad watch thread here:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387333

It's kind of a tossup now if I like my arcade stick or this more :lol

Anyway it's from Mad Catz portable rock band drum set. All the drum pads plug into this little USB converter box, and well... if you just unplug all the drum pads you get what's in the picture :lol Best part is I don't even own Rock Band 2 or any other GH game other than 3.

EDIT: BEATEN! Damnit D:

Top Bottom