• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

vantastic

karasu said:
19555_350852199224_600579224_475069.jpg
what model are those?

sn1pes said:
I'm feeling the same way, but for 30 bucks I may have to get one. Seems like a great collectors item to me.

The closest Gamestop that has any Micros are 3 hours away in every direction... I might have to make a little trip to get one of those, plus some other rare-ish games that those Gamestops have.

th3dude

Big Papa Husker said:
The closest Gamestop that has any Micros are 3 hours away in every direction... I might have to make a little trip to get one of those, plus some other rare-ish games that those Gamestops have.
A gamestop about 20 minutes from me has stock of these b ad boys. Seriously considering making the trip tomorrow after work.

yes...seriously....these freaking DSLR shots of micro sex....not everyone has an in stock GS around them! LOL

but thank you...yes I am now searching for one!

eBay is a little pricey...

edit:
just bought a black one of the 'bay...$31 shipped with Mario Kart...!!!:D

PetriP-TNT said:
It's all up to you, some people repost everything they bought last month in their first post
MiniBossman said:
I concur, its really up to you how you want to post. I tend to wait until the end of the month and post everything in one post. Unless I have a huge haul like from a convention or something.
Kadey said:
You can post whatever you want, when you want as long as it's reasonable.
Thanks for the responses everyone. I guess I'll wait until I get Heavy Rain and put a picture together.

Prodigy095 said:
A few from last month I wasn't able to post & some from this month.

ofopvk.jpg

Finally found a copy of Chaos Theory that didn't have a messed up slipcase, picked up some movies & needed some Carmex.
splinter cell for game club?

The micro is so awesome. I got a famicom micro when the Mother 3 fan translation came out and played it on that.

dont' have $400 to spend on the Mother 3 Micro :(

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
mr stroke said:
is this worth reading?
(or just average video game writing?)

Just bought yesterday so I haven't touched the surface of the book yet but from what I read it is interesting. If you are interested in the Mass Effect universe you should pick it up.

neojubei said:
Just bought yesterday so I haven't touched the surface of the book yet but from what I read it is interesting. If you are interested in the Mass Effect universe you should pick it up.
the first book was good quick read.

th3dude

Litflynt912 said:
yes...seriously....these freaking DSLR shots of micro sex....not everyone has an in stock GS around them! LOL

but thank you...yes I am now searching for one!

eBay is a little pricey...

edit:
just bought a black one of the 'bay...$31 shipped with Mario Kart...!!!:D
How'd you find one so cheap? From what I saw they're going for much more than that. Tips?

JEKKI

hella pickups!!

k36bl0.jpg

I saw this at famima... omg SO GOOD! I needa get another one, with sum char siu bao!

1grl1u.jpg

the precursor to ramen!!

I was so hungry the other nite I thought I was gonna die... then after dinner I had eaten so much that I thought I was gonna die...

v4o2l4.jpg

I haz new shirt!! I am time and space!!

2gt1yz5.jpg

baby oranges and baby pizzas!! together at last!!

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Some of this is from last month. I sold off a huge chunk of my lab and have streamlined it perfectly as a CCIE lab.

First, my favorite pickup this month, courtesy of my girlfriend. PDF's look amazing on it:

kindle.jpg

I sold 5 real routers so I could virtualize them in a server:

comp_parts.jpg

The heart of the server:

comp_cpu2.jpg

The rack looking nice without cables:

rack_clean.jpg

Cabling a bit messy and a pain since I crimped them all by hand:

rack_done.jpg

This thing is amazingly awesome, let's me power devices on/off remotely so I can turn my lab on from work, etc:

rack_power.jpg

And a 24" monitor to actually see what's going on in the rack:

comp_mon.jpg

Proc

Why do you have to make it so hard for us I.T. techs to get by? Now you are making me feel guilty for not putting more money into my career.

Couldn't you just be happy with convincing people that they need to defrag their hard disks? :lol

In all seriousness, that is one bad ass lab environment. Hopefully I will get into the networking/security side of things later on in life.

sn1pes said:
How'd you find one so cheap? From what I saw they're going for much more than that. Tips?

I found one that was in good shape and emailed the seller and asked for a bin price.
the old mantra rings true...you never know what you can get til you ask!

I have GAF to thank with all these shots of GBM Sex...funny part is I had like 3 micro's in the past...every time I get rid of it, I regret it...

not this time....not this time...

suffah said:
The rack looking nice without cables:

rack_clean.jpg

Cabling a bit messy and a pain since I crimped them all by hand:

rack_done.jpg

We have similar setups at work for the sake of our network, to see you running this at home, well done...long live the cisco 3950's!!!
those things are workhorses...

Evidence of how waiting a few months allows you to pick stuff up for cheap - Cooking Mama 3 was £16.99 which was good. Love Sega arcade games and Jambo was £6.99. Miles Edgeworth was £16 or so at Amazon UK. Didn't get it on release day but at that price I don't mind. Assassin's Creed PSP was £15 and is new.
DSC00167.jpg

Got these cheap today, buy 2 get one free. Total was £8.02 which I was very happy with. £1.99 for Klonoa 2 in mint condition with manual, goes for £15 or so on eBay. Was gonna buy Everybody's Tennis PSP but will stick with the PS2 version for a while. Always been interested in Tourist Trophy so got it too.
DSC00168.jpg

And of course the latest issue of the best gaming mag around these days :)
DSC00169.jpg

Gameboy415

eXistor said:

I had a chance to buy one of these (a Mother 3 Micro) for about $50 last summer but I stupidly passed on it (I was saving money for a trip to TGS/Akihabara) and when I went back it was long gone. :(

I want a Micro so bad!

sam27368

Banned
Brushing up on the classic collection, and a new book to keep me busy. I like black comedy books written from people in my job.

HGJsq.jpg
lw5dE.jpg

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Mailenstein said:
Nice Cisco setup; I wonder why you would need so many ports tho :lol.

The server is virtualizing 10 routers. I have 13 ethernet ports coming out of that bad boy to simulate the routers ... lots of connections needed to properly simulate an entire rack!

Top Bottom