• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Picked up a few end of the month treats yesterday.

img_2086ulsvh.jpg

- Ministry of Sound Classics CD
- Metal Gear Rising - With steel book.

Bii

Our Disney World/Harry Potter Land haul:

and this waiting for me when we got back. My first L lens:

Oh wow, I'm a little jealous. Is that version I or II?
That's the telephoto lens I plan on getting to cover that range since I already have a 24-70mm L (version I).

eTCeyF1.png

Bought myself a RuneScape membership for the first time in years. For those who don't know, they launched a new 2007 version of the game. I'm nostalgia-ing so hard right now...

Bri

Bought myself a RuneScape membership for the first time in years. For those who don't know, they launched a new 2007 version of the game. I'm nostalgia-ing so hard right now...

Oh yes! That nostalgia! All them hours i spent cooking lobster in this game...

MarkusRJR

Doing my part to keep the Vita going. Picked up one of the $209 Batman Vita bundles at Target (damn good price with a game). Going to give my white one to my bro. Much bigger fan of the black.
You say that now. Just wait until it's smeared in fingerprints on both the front and back; then you'll be wishing you had that white Vita.

You say that now. Just wait until it's smeared in fingerprints on both the front and back; then you'll be wishing you had that white Vita.

I got a carrying case and a cloth for that. I think I will be good to go. Also I think the discoloration of the white plastic will be a bigger issue down the road like the PSP, DS Lite, etc.

Hilti92

eTCeyF1.png

MIGHT give it a try.. I miss the old Runescape. That was a blast. IMO no other MMO compares.

SiDCrAzY

Hope you like it. I played the first 2 hours after getting it last week and it is SUPER SLOW.

Yeah I've heard some bad things about it, but I decided I'd give it a try since it was 19.99 at BestBuy.

The only Mario games I've enjoyed recently were the Mario and Luigi series, don't like the platformers and the sports/racing games are okay.

Yeah I've heard some bad things about it, but I decided I'd give it a try since it was 19.99 at BestBuy.

The only Mario games I've enjoyed recently were the Mario and Luigi series, don't like the platformers and the sports/racing games are okay.

Same here. The best advice I can give you is to play it while you are watching TV or listening to a podcast or something to multitask.

SiDCrAzY

Same here. The best advice I can give you is to play it while you are watching TV or listening to a podcast or something to multitask.

I'm actually a bit surprised by how much I'm liking it so far. It's my favorite 3DS game so far and I've played what people would consider most of the "good" 3DS games.

It's a bit slow, but relaxing.

lordimmortal

Neo Member
Pickups from the last week.

Got the wify this for out 11th wedding annivery engraved which is a cool touch.

I got this wicked blue G-Shock from the misses and some movie tickets Not shown.

Finally got MGS Revengeance got both collector tins & armour's codes.

Never played a Persona game before so can't wait to give this a go and something to play on the Vita and 30c for F-Zero oh the memories

eXistor

Just came back from a rtero convention. Bit disappointing, none of the games on my list were there. I was hoping to score an AV Famicom and some games, but I should have known the Netherlands wouldn't have much choice there. I ended up buying a few games that were fairly cheap.

pKV5f10.jpg

Gameboy415

I haven't been able to post in a little while due to some incredibly annoying PC issues.
First off, my pickups from the 2nd half of January:

1301-Blu3_zpsb5e1e258.jpg

1301-Blu4_zps031e245d.jpg

I took full advantage of Best Buy's "Upgrade and Save" promotion last month and got a whole mess of Blu-Rays for great prices.

1301-Books2_zps1fa72269.jpg

I found the Pokemon guide for $0.89 at Goodwill and got the amazing Zelda book from Amazon.
I also had the LE pre-ordered (since the day it went up for sale in mid-September) but they cancelled my order. Oh well. :(

1301-Games3_zps6b374a39.jpg

Randomly decided to get Rapstar with some leftover Amazon credit (it was only $5) and stocked up on PSN/eShop credit.

1301-Games4_zps3110a833.jpg

I got Top Rank Tennis (one of the last first-party GB games I needed, woo), the Godzilla Koosh Ball, and the CCPro at Goodwil for about $13 total.
MVC3 was on clearance for $5.98 and I decided to pick up Dance Central 2 to finally get some use out of my XBOX/Kinect after not turning it on for over a year (it's actually pretty fun!).

February Pickups:

1302-Games1_zpsae3943cc.jpg

Peter Pan and DS3 were from Amazon, Metal Gear is from Gamestop (came with the pictured art book and a Grey Fox DLC skin!), and I picked up the rest during Best Buy's President's Day sale (I actually price-matched the console games @ Target).
I was really hesitant to drop so much money on the Metal Gear LE, but I have every other Metal Gear series LE (US versions) and once I saw just how big and amazing the lamp turned out to be, I had no regrets. Plus I love the game so far! :D

1302-PC1_zps3e054d8a.jpg

I finally saved up and ordered parts for a new PC!
I've been running garbage Pentium 4 PCs for the last 8 years (first my 2005 college graduation present - an Alienware laptop that was a COMPLETE rip-off and had to be repaired 5 times and then an all-in-one Gateway PC a friend has been lending me for the last year or so since my laptop's most recent crap-out) so I was long overdue for an upgrade.

I put the PC together with a few friends this past Friday and here it is:
1302-PC2_zps7d501bd7.jpg

I love having a Steam account again (I finally get to redeem all the Humble Bundles I bought, yay) and everything's working beautifully so far!

*holds Windowskey+Tab in awe*

Top Bottom