• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Mobius 1

Say... that's a nice bike.

XS5LK.gif

Melchiah

I got this Bioshock Infinite wooden case from a friend of mine, who works for a game importer, and gets a lot of promotional game material as a result.

cMfRzqnl.jpg

2D9BUY3l.jpg

There's also a USB-stick attached to the cage/bird coin, which contains gameplay images and art of the game.

melos

Long time lurker, first time poster in this area!

Tried to save a bit of money this month as Marche is going to be destroying my wallet.....

Got a set of Sony bookshelf speakers for my newly restored Sansui receiver. Sound great so far!

IMG_1635.jpg

Also finally got my poster framed for my favorite scene from Chrono Trigger

IMG_1637.jpg

Honey Bunny

everybody <3 Miliyah!!

thanks! I love JEKKI stuff!

yes, it is!!

mm hmm; this is a great year for Miliyah!

old skool fans! appreciate!!

like $88 from cdjapan!

I am confused and scared at what you've done here. I do however, actually, like Miliyah. Nice pick up.

Layd Dly

12772201833_856ed8e42e_b.jpg

x2 Titanfall Controllers - BestBuy/NewEgg - $0/$64.99 (+ Free $15 Newegg GC)
x1 Nyko Charge Base - Amazon Warehouse Deals - $12.60

12773271454_ea413a38c4_b.jpg

Pioneer SC-1323K Receiver - Amazon Warehouse Deals - $434.86 after GC ($533.71)

12773300274_28dc9f3322_b.jpg

Bravely Default Collectors Edition - Best Buy - $39.99

Got a big box of stuff from a friend in japan.
bcVpD8y.jpg

I've wanted a Twin famicom for the longest time.. this one was not without it's problems. I had to take it apart and fix the disk drive as well as some odd buzzing sounds it making due to the mic on controller 2. Worst problem was not having a compatible power adapter. Thanks to some searches, an odd hint, and a trip to radio shack, I modified a PSone power adapter. Everything runs perfectly now.

llbHHSJ.jpg

ISaasOy.jpg

zmet

12773271454_ea413a38c4_b.jpg

Pioneer SC-1323K Receiver - Amazon Warehouse Deals - $434.86 after GC ($533.71)
Purchased that same receiver earlier this month - the thing is a beast! I upgraded from a Onkyo TX-SR805 (was also a beast), which didn't support 3D/4K HDMI pass through. The only thing I don't like about the Pioneer is the instruction manual. The Onkyo's instruction manual was very easy to understand compared to the Pioneer. Are you going to set your speaker levels manually with a sound meter or use the receiver's auto setup? Let me know what you think of it and your result after you get everything setup.

Eiolon

Just picked this up for the office. It's so nice to be able to test all these new gadgets out at work before deciding to buy them for myself.

Xbc7r7u.jpg

Layd Dly

Purchased that same receiver earlier this month - the thing is a beast! I upgraded from a Onkyo TX-SR805 (was also a beast), which didn't support 3D/4K HDMI pass through. The only thing I don't like about the Pioneer is the instruction manual. The Onkyo's instruction manual was very easy to understand compared to the Pioneer. Are you going to set your speaker levels manually with a sound meter or use the receiver's auto setup? Let me know what you think of it and your result after you get everything setup.

I came from a Pioneer Elite VSX-43K so I gained a few things and lost a few others which kind of sucks (namely THX). So I pretty much knew the ins and outs already. I use a tripod and the included microphone in my listening position to run the test, and then I tweak a bit by ear as needed. It usually nails it about 95% though.

Its also odd to find out that even though the MSRP on this receiver is $1400 vs my old receiver which was $1000 that they cheapen things like the remote.

My big reason for the upgrade was also the 3D since I recently upgraded to a 3D Projector, and the 4K up-scaling is nice for future proofing. I also wanted to have an HDMI Zone 2 so i can drive my master bedroom tv with no gear in my room. (i also split it as an input into my Xbox One :)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Been a while since I posted some pick-ups. From the last month:

MLjxPZZ.jpg

Kotobukiya Tekken Bishoujo Jun Kazama figure
Sengoku Basara HD Collection
Sengoku Basara 4
Toukiden
Shin Sangoku Musou 7 With Moushouden
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

Thor in 3D but...not...Gravity?

What gives?!?

Oh because the 3D version of Thor was on sale at Amazon for $22.99. I just grabbed Gravity at BB because it was also $22.99 for the non-3D version. Also... I don't own a 3D TV so there's that too.

I also already saw Gravity in 3D IMAX in theaters when it came out so no way my home experience will ever match that.

Top Bottom