• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Back from first day of game shopping in Japan. Being much more conservative this trip and focusing on specific items. Got some great deals on the PC Engine stuff and a Dreamcast arcade stick for $2!

Ban Puncher

Back from first day of game shopping in Japan. Being much more conservative this trip and focusing on specific items. Got some great deals on the PC Engine stuff and a Dreamcast arcade stick for $2!

Been to Mandarake and Trader I see.

I need to go back if only for a weekend shopping trip. Fuck eBay prices.

twEPZiS.jpg

Got a pretty good deal. First time having a PS3, it is hard to decide where to start.

Layd Dly

12803884134_b4799f45b8_b.jpg

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: Collector's Edition - Amazon - $99.99

And here is it with the rest of my collection. I'm missing a couple items, and yes many are sealed because i have a problem. :p
12803475815_467d1e5b01_b.jpg

Markman looked at the same Agetec arcade stick the other day, lol.

koopas

12803884134_b4799f45b8_b.jpg

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: Collector's Edition - Amazon - $99.99

And here is it with the rest of my collection. I'm missing a couple items, and yes many are sealed because i have a problem. :p
12803475815_467d1e5b01_b.jpg
Players Choice Symphonia.... points deducted

So it's been a super long time since i've posted here on GAF. So i'm gonna show my main pick-ups over the past few months till now!

It's been a pretty expensive few months for me, I'm amazed at how I even afford half the stuff!

WiiU Limited Edition Zelda Wind Waker HD Pack
IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

Zelda Wind Waker HD: Limited Edition
So I managed to sell the download code that came with my WiiU so I could put some money towards this awesome edition!
IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

WiiU Games
Got these over the past few months at great prices, Tekken being the latest.
IMG_0112.jpg

3DS XL & Games
So I had the OG 3DS almost 2 years ago and sold it during the great drought of games. But since last year, the 3DS has turned into a beast of a machine with so many good games, so I couldn't resist! I'm currently playing through Zelda first.
IMG_0094.jpg

PS Vita & Games
This thing is such a beauty! Dragons Crown looks gorgeous.
IMG_0106.jpg

There's more I've picked up this month, will post when the rest of the items arrive in the post.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
lol! small world! i posted a pic up of the 250 yen Dreamcast stick and someone buys it a bit later. I would have purchased it if I had room and I didn't have 6 of them already.

finalflame

How's the fan noise etc on the 250D?

Great, considering the power I have inside. I went with a lot of quiet/low noise solutions (CoolerMaster 200mm MegaFlow front fan, H100i with 2x Noctua NF-F12s, SusCool80, ACX on the 780 Ti). Overall, for the power output, it's great.

Using the Asus AI suite on silent means I can barely hear the computer. On standard, I can hear a slight whisper. At load/gaming, the 780Ti gets somewhat loud but not bad at all.

If I crank the 780 Ti's fan to max, though, it sounds like the case might take off. It's really loud at 100% fan. That being said, I've never seen it go above 60% fan speed under serious load (Metro: LL maxed out).

The acoustics of the case itself are fine, but gotta keep in mind it has 2 vented side panels so the video card/radiator can breathe. It's not the best at trapping noise, I just chose exceptionally quiet components.

commissar

Great, considering the power I have inside. I went with a lot of quiet/low noise solutions (CoolerMaster 200mm MegaFlow front fan, H100i with 2x Noctua NF-F12s, SusCool80, ACX on the 780 Ti). Overall, for the power output, it's great.

Using the Asus AI suite on silent means I can barely hear the computer. On standard, I can hear a slight whisper. At load/gaming, the 780Ti gets somewhat loud but not bad at all.

If I crank the 780 Ti's fan to max, though, it sounds like the case might take off. It's really loud at 100% fan. That being said, I've never seen it go above 60% fan speed under serious load (Metro: LL maxed out).

The acoustics of the case itself are fine, but gotta keep in mind it has 2 vented side panels so the video card/radiator can breathe. It's not the best at trapping noise, I just chose exceptionally quiet components.
Awesome, thanks for the info it's very much appreciated! I might just have to go for a quiet oriented case instead, was hoping I could have my cake and eat it with the corsairs :p

bigmac996

Great thread, great buys people!

Here's my haul for the month. I've been rebuying old games I used to own and traded (never making that mistake again) back in the day. I do this every few months haha. I actually have Twilight Princess on the Wii but decided to nab the GC version because I hated the waggle controls. I feel they ruined the experience for me so I thought I'd give it another chance.

Next month is gonna be a wallet-killer.

t0el.jpg

Westraid

Only one purchase this month. After some time I managed to get it for a good price:
That's the only purchase you'll need. That game is amazing, I absolutely loved it.

I usually don't go for digital versions, but this was discounted in the eshop.
Loved 999 and really wanted to play this since it came out.

No, didn't accidentally get the wrong season box. Watched all the seasons already on HBO, but my father was curious about the series so we're watching it together.
I keep on having to remind him who is who even after he saw the complete first season, but he's still interested and asks when I can visit so we can watch the next episode, so at least he's enjoying the show.

Springy

My launch day Vita and I celebrated our second anniversary a few days ago, so I've been getting it lots of nice things this month. :)

iFN0q6Ub6VfPS.jpg

Lombax

Banned
Only one purchase this month. After some time I managed to get it for a good price:

I have been in the market for a copy of Infinite Space as well. How do you like the game thus far, and where were you able to find it for a reasonable price?

Layd Dly

Players Choice Symphonia.... points deducted

I know I know. Never had a good chance to buy the black label. I need to grab Tales of Eternia before its harder to find as well.

I also just realized i forgot to put my Tales of Xillia CE in there as well.

tokaio

Neo Member
I have been in the market for a copy of Infinite Space as well. How do you like the game thus far, and where were you able to find it for a reasonable price?

I recieved it today so I haven't played it yet :p. I'll get into it after River City Ransom EX.
I got it for 65 PLN ($20 or 15 EUR) from a fellow collector who was selling it on a Polish Game Boy forum.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Figured now is as good a time as any to post.

Games
JaMvLaV.jpg

Movies
z7mnWAa.jpg

32GB White Nexus 5 (used to take all these pictures). A huge upgrade over my old Nexus S.

xJavonta

Banned
Aside from Rock Band 3, no gaming pickups this month. However I got a turntable on Christmas and have been starting to buy some vinyl for it. This beautiful bastard came in a couple of days ago.

Neck Deep / Knuckle Puck 7" Tour Split (Opaque Purple w/ Light Blue Haze), only 250 pressed

Then theres this, which I actually got last month but since it's signed it's one of my favorites :D

Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue Acoustic

Sweet, got my complete copy of Super Mario 64 Rumble Pak Edition. Its so cool to get rumble feedback when jumping on Goombas and other baddies or taking damage.

IMAG0594_zps11ee6f62.jpg

A great day for new arrivals!

Senran Kagura Burst (3DS) - Delighted to finally get this. Life & Hometown Edition bought without question/hesitation.

iXOxLpgGUgCFe.jpg

ib2ctbS9IuYHK8.jpg

ibgbfpTcwa0MLs.jpg

iu4Wsgb9vv8Hw.jpg

Yakuza Ishin (PS4) - First PS4 import of many over the coming years, no doubt. Unexpected OST disc was a nice surprise, and stop the presses - is that a FULL COLOUR INSTRUCTION MANUAL like the ones from the old days?! Well blow me down, it actually is...

irNcbWWG2W1uC.jpg

iDtRJGyVDzRGG.jpg

icyYsdrRKpnlW.jpg

ibyRHlxbnXl2hf.jpg

ibxOo19kw58qG5.jpg

Much instruction

Very Import

i3jEmcgbGGyoM.jpg

ib0ARsBgTPaEl3.jpg

Hey, thanks for translating the lyrics sheet into English, SEGA! Now try doing it for the whole game...

SMT IV OST Set - Lovely set for an awesome game.

ibaQZRWYZ3LlA2.jpg

icJfdgHLLjKjU.jpg

ibfR1OERHZIyJq.jpg

ibjH0bWg5LrN1V.jpg

inlfjeZUE9CT1.jpg

Top Bottom