• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
HooDoo said:
Since I've received my SF4 yesterday I bought a cheap stick for beginners and if I really dig playing with an arcade stick I'll go with something else. Here it is thumbnailed :

Wow, that stick is the exact same tooling/casing as the XCM Dominator stick.

Plastic X_X

HooDoo

MarkMan said:
Wow, that stick is the exact same tooling/casing as the XCM Dominator stick.

Plastic X_X

Yeah it's plastic, the next one will have a wooden case and a custom artwork. It's such a pain in the ass to find a decent joystick around here, not too expensive either.. Still, for 80€ it's a decent deal : seimitsu LS-33 stick and Sanwa buttons.

Better sticks were nowere to be found anyway.

Manp

v4rups.jpg

:)

Pein said:
excellent taste, vibrating donkey
Haven't really been exposed to a whole lot of anime, thought that needed to be remedied and just bought a bunch of it all of a sudden. Ordered Cowboy Bebop from Axelmusic too. Thank god you can make your PC's DVD drive regionfree, cause that thing is impossible to get a hold of in Europe without being ridiculously expensive. £80? No that's not gonna happen. £24, yes.

marwan

Banned
zmet said:

do the Saturn USB controllers work with the 360 and PS3? the SF4 madcatz pad are cheap, and the Dpad is too loose, generally i prefer pads so id like ot get the Saturn ones, but if not i might consider the Fight Stick Joystick.

hell, when i played SF4 on the 360 i was able to pull off special moves and combos with the 360 pad, where are the madcats controller was a hit and mis.....and man the madcatz is built ooooooooooooooo cheaplY!

Pein

Banned
marwan said:
do the Saturn USB controllers work with the 360 and PS3? the SF4 madcatz pad are cheap, and the Dpad is too loose, generally i prefer pads so id like ot get the Saturn ones, but if not i might consider the Fight Stick Joystick.

hell, when i played SF4 on the 360 i was able to pull off special moves and combos with the 360 pad, where are the madcats controller was a hit and mis.....and man the madcatz is built ooooooooooooooo cheaplY!
they work with PS3, not sure if they work with 360

Haeleos

marwan said:

Saturn USB doesn't work with 360.

Joe211

HoTHiTTeR said:
It's not that often that we get a newly numbered Street Fighter, not like Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition, but a whole new number. So, I picked em up for both consoles. Also, you never know when your 360 is gonna take a crap lol.

I understand that but come on you could bought another game right?

Rolf NB

Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection:
iqjxo7.jpg

(weird reflections caused by the plastic wrapping, which goes to show it's brand new)

Also got a bunch of PSN stuff: Flower, Noby Noby Boy, Burnout Paradise and the Pain movie studio DLC. No pictures for that, sorry.

IMG_2538.jpg

I chose free shipping from Amazon and got my Futurama DVD, Blu-ray and Akira Blu-ray today. Day of release. Wow. The mag I bought earlier in the month but never ended up taking a pic of.

Everyone is receiving their Akira blurays from Amazon and mine hasn't even been shipped yet :( I just want my Samurai 7 and Akira blurays...

consoul

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
2gt7y9j.jpg

...not really. I just got Namco's 50th anniversary E3 2005 press kit containing a few DVDs with trailers and hi-res assets plus a few dozen slicks for (then) future games, including some that never made it, like this one for FCK.

marwan

Banned
someone hoe my previous post got deleted, but here it is again...

for the firs time ever, my phone provider offers exclusivity on the iPhone with Arabic support and mms(jail breaking) :)

240220090699.jpg

consoul said:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
http://i39.tinypic.com/2gt7y9j.jpg
...not really. I just got Namco's 50th anniversary E3 2005 press kit containing a few DVDs with trailers and hi-res assets plus a few dozen slicks for (then) future games, including some that never made it, like this one for FCK.
Saw this and went "WTF," then I saw the spoiler... Did it really look that bad for them to warrant canceling it? I have a bunch of Japanese Famitsu Xbox 360 mags from the early life of the 360 and they featured it heavily in there so I was under the impression that the Japanese market was looking forward to it.

El Six

Banned
This is pretty much what i have gotten, need a few more things for my new PC but spent enough money on it already :D

P1080511.jpg

P1080509.jpg

P1080514.jpg

PC Stats:
Foxconn A7DA-S AM2+/AM2
OCZ OCZ700MXSP 700W ATX12V V2.2
AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition
OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
SAPPHIRE 100243-1GTXSR Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x1
Acer H233Hbmid Black 23" 5ms HDMI Full HD 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor

P1080520.jpg

The Walking Dead Volume 4 and 5 (Once again thanks for the addiction GAF:D )
Batman Arkham Asylum

P1080522.jpg

Smokin' Aces HD-DVD
An American Werewolf in London HD-DVD
Lethal Weapon Blu-Ray

P1080519.jpg

P1080523.jpg

SF IV-360 Collector's
Resident Evil-The Essentials PS2

Neo Member
3310353744_4a31fb9d38_o.jpg

I actually got the laptop in January, thanks to a sale and a gift certificate.
3310353876_8f1d187dd3_o.jpg

Received the DSi yesterday. Now I just need a case. It's a pity the DQ9 shell won't be out until July. D:
3309524629_6cef7f8e1d_o.jpg

And last, but certainly not least, I picked this up today. Easily my pick-up of the year. And it's a one-way. :D
3309524739_3bd3b57325_o.jpg

Neo Member
Valkyr Junkie said:
Doesn't sound very glamorous, but hopefully it'll be a great experience.

It won't be, but it's more of a means to an end than anything else, so I'm fine with it. My real interest is in improving my Japanese and just in living there for a while to see how I like it.

Neo Member
LegendOfGood said:
You don't mean an ALT with the Jet program do you? Caus' that would be awesome IMO.
Sort of. JET seems to hate me, as they've turned me down twice. I'm going with a smaller company that's growing, in part, thanks to poor management of the JET program. I'm basically going to be doing the exact same thing I'd be doing were I a JET, except I had some choice in where I was placed and the interview process wasn't as omginsane.

Proc

prepping for killzone 2 day....

1zb6tnc.jpg

2wqsrxu.jpg

the bastards didn't let me pre-order kz2. Guess I'll try to make an early run at bestbuy/walmart.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Marky's brother kicked my ass in SF. He didn't even take it easy on me. WWWWWWAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

andymcc

Banned
DSC04256.jpg

i'm pretty much set for a while now. i've somehow managed to control the urge to buy DQV and Retro Game Challenge because this game has me so busy...

Top Bottom