• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf Final Fantasy XI Roll Call / Let's all play on the same server

After playing FFXI since July it has come to my attention that there is a pretty sizable community of players on these boards. I understand a lot of you are scattered among various servers, and it's difficult to keep track of who is where.

That's where this thread comes in.

I intend to update the OP periodically with information on which players are on which servers, with character names etc.

If you play XI. what I would like you to list is the following character information and whether or not you would be interested in making a new char or switching servers to play with the rest of gaf.

This will help any potential new players decide where to create a new character, as well as old players find each other.

A world transfer runs 25$ I believe. I will be happy to buy the linkpearl to create a shell on titan if anyone is interested in moving over there.

Character name | Server | Would you world transfer? | Make a second character?

-Format it properly or I'm not adding you to the OP-

List:

Rockman / Midgardsormr / Nope / Nope
Tipstray / Midgarsormr / no / no
Jorginus/Midgardsormr/no/no
Scian | Midgardsormr | Nope | Maybe

Camilus / Ragnarok / No / No
Susurrus / Ragnarok / No / Would need convincing.

Pancakesandsx | Fairy | No | Yes
Kytrinn / Fairy / Maybe / Not anytime soon
Gohne | Fairy | Maybe | Maybe
American | Fairy | Maybe | I possibly would start up again XD
Aiemond/Fairy/No/No
Havalina | Fairy | No | Maybe
Joachim / Fairy / Doubtful / No
Broadbandit/Fairy/no/no
Bloodberry / Fairy / No / No
Nhil / Fairy / no / maybe
Lonestarga /Fairy/ no/ no
Bloodydrake Fairy / No /No
Rykundo / Fairy / No / No
Hitsugi / Ragnarok / Maybe / No
Teknoman | Fairy | No | No
Balya | Fairy | No | No
Aensland / Fairy / No / No

Ravidrath / Kujata / {No thanks.} / {I'm sorry.}
Nascia/Kujata/No/No

Glicokare / Shiva / maybe / no

Kyouri | Alexander | No (community) | No
Xaier / Alexander / No Sorry / And no Sorry

Isamu | Caitsith | No | Maybe

Dantes | Phoenix | No | No
Elliot | Phoenix | Maybe | No
Procht | Phoenix | No | No
Shiinpu / Phoenix / No / Unlikely

Jelect | Bismarck | No | No
Aiken | Bismarck | Maybe/Unlikely | I've made 1000 characters already, so maybe.

Drdogg | Fenrir | No | Maybe

Rikay | Pandemonium | yes | maybe
Danorille | Pandemonium | most likely, depend on timezones and stuff | nope

Kyzoku | Seraph | Maybe | No

Ronok | Carbuncle | /laugh | maybe

DrFeelGood | Gilgamesh | Maybe | No
Creaton | Gilgamesh | No | Maybe
Zorc / Gilgamesh / Yes sure / hells no

Eddie | Bahamut | No | No
Shigglesworth | Bahamut | No, except if it's really organized | No

Cephiroth / Valefor / No / Thinking about it.

Vexid / Asura / Maybe / No

Scott

Kytrinn / Fairy / Maybe / Not anytime soon

Switching worlds for me depends on quite a bit. I've got three really good friends and my step-brother on Fairy... though there's a chance that a few of them won't really play anymore, so I'd have to talk to them to find out. It's really kind of relying on a mixture of that, and how many people are going to swap, keep playing in the long-run, time to play, etc...

I know for right now, I don't even have time to play. Too many new games and too many hours at work, but come sometime in Dec/Jan, when both of those ease up, I'd like to hop back on.

It's pretty tough to be convinced to move servers. :lol I've got over 6 years of history with my community, so I dunno if this'll be a successful experiment for GAF.

Even if people don't move, this is still a good repository for the people that are playing and on what server they play. That's the main point here.

I actually have a work buddy who plays on midgar (edit: crap it's lakshmi), so i would probably switch to that server or to fairy since i THINK a majority of gaf is on there.

Quadratic

Glicokare / Shiva / maybe / no

Glico was my second FFXI character. I started on Garuda, quit during the huge inflation of '05. I came back at the end of '06 and I'm 20K xp away from my 4th Lv 75 job. When I rejoined I chose to restart on Shiva specifically because of the infamous BST shell on the server. I play when I have free time and have only dabbled in Dynamis and Sky. I have completed CoP which was a major goal of mine. I'm just xping and meriting only, no endgame for me.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Tipstray / Midgarsormr / no / no

Been on server since start so not moving lol. Use to play on Corran but he got banned for bullshit reasons. :(

SOLDIER

Jorginus/Midgardsormr/no/no

I've considered server hopping to Carbuncle, as some reports say it's more active, but maybe if I meet some Midgard people here with linkshells, I can finally do something endgame besides sitting around the Dunes and not getting an invite. I've finished Rank 10, Zilart, and Promathia, but I just haven't been able to decide what I should be doing next. if I was in an active LS, I might finally get some motivation to continue the game. I don't want to quit but the inactivity is getting to me.

Koshiba

Kyouri | Alexander | No, if I transfer at all I'd have to really look into the community there first. | No, 1 character is enough for me. D:

Didn't see this thread before since figured there wouldn't be a thread around anymore. :lol

-Kh-

Banned
There was no one from GAF in my server it seems.

But I quitted in September, after 4 years. Couldn't stand being screwed up for Ridill 3 straight times, even when I was supposed to get in 2006 :lol

Koshiba

-Kh- said:
There was no one from GAF in my server it seems.

But I quitted in September, after 4 years. Couldn't stand being screwed up for Ridill 3 straight times, even when I was supposed to get in 2006 :lol

Ouch that sucks, know how that is though. D: Have to be able to find a good committed Linkshell. I wish some GAFers played on Alexander, I've thrown around the idea recently of switching servers but I'm too afraid to make the jump. So I've been trying to set up my own linkshell with the help of some friends. If it doesn't work out, I'll probably look into a decently populated server and maybe check out some cross server LS's. :x

oneHeero

I miss FFXI so much.

I dont play but want to feel like I'm part of the thread!!

American | Fairy | Maybe | I possibly would start up again XD

RyuHayate

I apoligize in advance for potential thread derailment, but...

Does anyone know if S-E plans to offer the option of paying the subscription fee through pre-paid cards in the near future?

Thanks in advance!

Koshiba

RyuHayate said:
I apoligize in advance for potential thread derailment, but...

Does anyone know if S-E plans to offer the option of paying the subscription fee through pre-paid cards in the near future?

Thanks in advance!

Like those Visa cards you load up? Last I checked, they do accept those. That's how my BF used to pay since he didn't have a CC or Bank account. If you're talking about FFXI-card or something like the WoW cards, I don't really see them doing that. :[ Probably better off just loading up a visa prepaid and using that.

If anyone feels like heading to Alexander some time, give me a buzz and I'll see what I can do to help you out. :3 A lot of my old friend changed servers so I'm not 100% sure if I will or not yet.. we'll see how it goes. If I do, won't be for several more months though.

Picked FFXI up at launch and have quit/restarted quite a few times since. I've been considering starting up again, and think I will next month. Since everyone I know has quit and my linkshell's disbanded, I'd consider switching servers.

Kyzoku | Seraph | Maybe | No

ueo119

Banned
I have a 62 Paladin with a few other jobs in the 30's. I'd think about coming back if I can find a group of very casual players.

Rikay | Pandemonium | yes | maybe

jiggle

Jelect | Bismarck | No | No

tempted to level second character
but i hardly have time to play my regular as it is

Reneledarker said:
I want to make a new character for this game, my old one got hacked, so what's a good server to start?

I've had a pretty good time on titan just starting out. Only ran into 1-2 people who were real jerks, everyone else has been great. I cannot speak for other servers.

I'm always looking for new people to play with, and there are a bunch of casual linkshells around.

MotherFan

Aiemond/Fairy/No/No

My account has not been active since jan, but I may be willing to play again if I feel up to it. I have a 73 whm.

Havalina | Fairy | No | Maybe

I cancelled my IDs a couple months ago, but would be willing to jump back in for the promise of adventure.

Boss Man

Aiken | Bismarck | Maybe/Unlikely | I've made 1000 characters already, so maybe.

I've been playing off and on since the NA PS2 release. For the majority of the time I was Seloan on Bismarck (twice, actually) or Selobo on Bismarck. Never had a job to 75, though I've probably gotten enough EXP to have several. My friend who started after me has a Maat's Cap. I'm bad for making new characters/quitting all the time.

DrFeelGood | Gilgamesh | Maybe | No

Lowly lvl 23 taru WHM, playing on Xbox360.
Just came back after a loong time; I'm going to be lost for a while.
Looking forward to trying out the Level Synch system, and NXE chat feature.

Rawk Hawk

Ploid 3.0 said:
Oh wait, wow, you're Sacan!? Mind blown.

Foolz!

Joachim / Fairy / Doubtful / No

I broke the death clutch of FFXI. I have little intentions of coming back...

But even if I did I still probably wouldn't move servers, got too much invested into my character. I've sold most items and gave away the money, but still have a Justice Torque at least rofl.

EDIT: Oh yea, with that world transfer I would probably change servers I guess. Been so long I wouldn't mind some new faces shouting in the text box.

Just to throw it out there, I've recently started playing on Phoenix as Procht. I never bothered trying before. My satellite connection is usually laggy enough that most online gaming doesn't work, so I figured massively multiplayer online gaming was right out. However, other than some annoyances like failing to be near enough an enemy to attack since my version of where we're both standing is a bit out of sync with the server's version, it usually works pretty well.

Maybe I'll see Tabris around. @_@

Husker86

Creaton | Gilgamesh | No | Maybe

My account is actually not active right now, most likely going to turn it back on when this semester is over.

I managed to get a trial code and am downloading the trial now. I'll roll anywhere as I'm completely new, but really want to pick this MMO up.

If anyone is willing to help me get started and learn the ropes, please PM me or post here and lemme know where to roll.

hteng

Banned
i think people need to stat their timezones as well, this will be easier if people are looking to group togather. Anyway, i'm itching to come back, but i'll post my info anyway

Danorille | Pandemonium | most likely, depend on timezones and stuff | nope | Time Zone: GMT+8, Singapore | Status: ID active

I managed to get a trial code and am downloading the trial now. I'll roll anywhere as I'm completely new, but really want to pick this MMO up.

If anyone is willing to help me get started and learn the ropes, please PM me or post here and lemme know where to roll.

looks like Fairy has the most gaffers, try there ?

demigod

Bloodberry / Fairy / No / No

Just transferred over to Fairy from Hades, so yeah I'm not going to be transferring again anytime soon.

Top Bottom