• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Happy New Year!

DrFunk said:
amazoooooon:

SimpsonsDVDs.jpg
Very nice. I hope you already have season 3 though, because season 3 is amazing after the first few episodes. "Homer at Bat" is probably my favorite episode of The Simpsons.

Carnby

imported because the cover is hellava lot better in Asia.
GOWimport-1.jpg

For this month's ebay purchases I got the plush Pidget figure (from the rare Banpresto Mario All Stars figures which could only be gotten in Japanese UFO catcher machines back in 1993, I've also been able to get the Tanooki and Hammer Mario figures in this series):

pidgetplush.jpg

....and the 5 Walmart exclusive SMB 3 e-cards:

Walmartsmb3ecards.jpg

Carnby

_dementia said:
Isn't the game censored though?

i don't think so. it had warning labels all over it before i took them off for the pic. they were the same warning labels on my Asian copy of Siren. which as you know is the uncensored version when compared to the North American censored version.

can anyone confirm if the Asian GOW Collection is censored?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Added more game books to my collection today

6QmDA.jpg

Qt8mW.jpg

7uAya.jpg

Game Informer Skyrim (a bit late)
1acbs.jpg

jaekwon15 said:
i have read the book. i wrote a lengthly paper debunking the whole book and how LaVey fabricated his entire biography.

so to answer your question, I can and I will judge. (because according to THAT book, I am allowed to.)
Did you ever think that maybe he is doing the exact same thing? And is forming an opinion of his own about it?

jaekwon15 said:
really dude? really? are we 16 years old too?
It's a popular book that I haven't read before. I prefer making up my own mind about a book's worth. Have you read it?

Edit: Oops, posted before I updated the page. I see you have read it. How do you debunk a book?

Tenkei

jaekwon15 said:
i have read the book. i wrote a lengthly paper debunking the whole book and how LaVey fabricated his entire biography.

so to answer your question, I can and I will judge. (because according to THAT book, I am allowed to.)
In conclusion, you yourself are 16 years old, because anyone who reads that book must be of the same age.

Carnby

its really a combination of understanding what LaVey wrote and discovering what part of his biography (all of it) he fabricated. LaVey is no different than any other crooked religious leader. Then again, his book would say there's nothing morally wrong with that.

jaekwon15 said:
its really a combination of understanding what LaVey wrote and discovering what part of his biography (all of it) he fabricated. LaVey is no different than any other crooked religious leader. Then again, his book would say there's nothing morally wrong with that.
I met Anton Levays grandson. He was very close to him and freely admits that it's hard to pick reality and what is fabricated from Antons life stories.

Carnby

practice02 said:
I met Anton Levays grandson. He was very close to him and freely admits that it's hard to pick reality and what is fabricated from Antons life stories.

that is very interesting. under what circumstances did you meet him?

jaekwon15 said:
quiet. the grown ups are talking.

that is very interesting. under what circumstances did you meet him?
a friend of mine is good friends with Steven Kasner who is friends with Stanton. Like I'm not into satanism but I will say it was a very interesting meet up.

moop2000 said:
Oh you cheeky Thrift stores you!

IMG_0586.jpg

You got a Diana Troi! I spent most of my childhood searching for one of those. I have all of the figures except her with the bridge set, engineering section, transporter, and shuttlecraft sets. Now they're all boxed up at my mom's house never to see the light of day again...well at least till I make a pilgrimage back home from far off Japan.

I should have brought my type-II phaser and tricorder with me for Halloween parties here. I miss geeking out in that way.

Anyhow awesome pick-up. Finding those figures unopened in original boxes is an incredible find in my book. High-five!

Upsidedown Fuji said:
You got a Diana Troi! I spent most of my childhood searching for one of those. I have all of the figures except her with the bridge set, engineering section, transporter, and shuttlecraft sets. Now they're all boxed up at my mom's house never to see the light of day again...well at least till I make a pilgrimage back home from far off Japan.

I should have brought my type-II phaser and tricorder with me for Halloween parties here. I miss geeking out in that way.

Anyhow awesome pick-up. Finding those figures unopened in original boxes is an incredible find in my book. High-five!

Yeah, they were only missing Data (the one I wanted the most of course) and the Romulan. I was thinking of flipping them but I love ST:TNG so I think this may be for me.

Jazzem

Now here's a haul for ya:

69316422724374825545.jpg

Haven't got my PSP back from my brother yet but I've played a good deal of Gitaroo Man on a friend's PSP; great conversion of a fantastic PS2 game, but sweet Lord the loading times o_o I hope they fare better on my 3000 than they did on my friend's 1000. I spotted Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins in HMV for £5.98 so couldn't say no, it's one of quite a few UMD-only PSP games I've been wanting.

All the SNES stuff was 50p each at Gamestation (actually already own Starwing and a Super Game Boy), so couldn't say no. Despite that, I can't say I'm a Mortal Kombat fan to be honest :p Wish they had the second one though, I hear that's easily the best.

Mega drive stuff: Alisia Dragoon, ESWAT: City Under Seige, Gynoug, Mystic Defender, Super Fantasy Zone, Sword of Vermilion and of course Sonic 1 (which was a freebie since Gynoug arrived late, I already had a copy but I wasn't going to say no to another reasonably mint complete-in-box one!). Should in due time be getting a Mega Drive modded to play imports+60Hz :D Want to get the same done to my SNES eventually as well.

threenote

Banned
jaekwon15 said:
i don't think so. it had warning labels all over it before i took them off for the pic. they were the same warning labels on my Asian copy of Siren. which as you know is the uncensored version when compared to the North American censored version.

can anyone confirm if the Asian GOW Collection is censored?

really dude? really? are we 16 years old too?
please go away.

JiliK

Better late than never, some pick-ups from November to early January...

DSCF1435s.png

SAM_0034s.png

I've been on a bit of a 360 buying binge of late, but more excitingly, I finally managed to get hold of reasonably priced copies of Super Paper Mario (€20) and KI Gold (€12). As a big fan of KI on the SNES back in the day, I'm a bit disappointed by what I've played so far, but hey, at least it gives me a rare opportunity to use the N64's d-pad.

SAM_0024s.png

Some box sets. I was hoping to get through a few seasons of BSG over Christmas, but only ended up watching a few episodes before spending he rest of the break cooking and playing Crackdown and Assassin's Creed II back to back.

dd_music_jan11_b.png

Some digital music goodness. I grabbed Cathy Davey's back catalogue on 7Digital for €15 when it was on sale as part of their Advent calender promotion - a strange, but lovely soundtrack to my orb-collecting exploits in Crackdown over the break.

It also came to my attention that digital, 180 track 70's, 80's and 90's Pop Years box sets (a) exist and (b) cost €5.99 each. As a fan of cheesy old pop music, I jumped on those pretty much immediately.

SAM_0066s.png

DSCF1428s.png

If you thought all that digital stuff would stop me from picking up a bunch of CD's too, you were incorrect.

dankir

IMG_5932.jpg

Cazal's. Nixon Watch, Surface to Air 3 finger ring and Klipsch S4i

IMG_5935.jpg

Last PSP games I'll buy probably

IMG_5937.jpg

Movies

IMG_5947.jpg

Games

IMG_5948.jpg

Got Kinected

IMG_5950-1.jpg

More Transformers

Gameboy415

Finally got around to taking pics of all my pickups from X-mas til now.

Nintendo Stuff:
1101Nintendo.jpg

-Club Nintendo Hand Towels - ordered all 3 designs
-Nintendo Monopoly - X-mas present
-Super Mario Chess - X-mas present
-Super Mario Yahtzee - X-mas present

1101Wii.jpg

Wii - Batman: The Brave & The Bold - got the last copy for $14.99 @ Target
Wii - Fragile Dreams - got the last (gutted, ugh) copy for $19.99 @ Gamestop
Wii - Geon Cube - randomly showed up at my Best Buy, got it for about $7
Wii - Lost in Shadow - picked it up day 1 because my Best Buy only got 2 copies. I finished it recently and loved it!

With the 3DS release looming ever closer and Gamestop throwing out used DS game cases, I've been scooping up all the DS games I want while they're still available at decent prices.
1101DS.jpg

DS - Jam With The Band - European import. An excellent music game!
DS - Maestro! Jump in Music - European import I've been searching for for ages! Great game!
DS - Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - a pre-owned copy randomly popped up at my Best Buy so I got it for $19.99.
DS - Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Got in in a buy 2 get 1 deal.
DS - Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem - Got it in a buy 2 get 1 deal.
DS - Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Got it in a buy 2 get 1 deal.
DS - Style Savvy - Got it in a buy 2 get 1 deal.
DS - Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - Dirt cheap on Amazon!
DS - Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations - Mint pre-owned copy from Amazon.
DS - Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - Got it in a buy 2 get 1 deal.
DS - Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded - Got it day 1 and despite the recycled worlds, I really enjoyed it!
DS - 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (with Watch) - Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I thought I should grab a copy before it disappeared.
DS - The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road - Got the last copy for $14.99 @ Costco.
DS - Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer - cheap @ Gamestop.
DS - Prey the Stars - cheap @ Gamestop.
DS - Squishy Tank - last new copy @ Gamestop for $9.99.
DS - Theresia - cheap @ Gamestop and surprisingly scary!!

I had a bunch of Half-Price Books coupons I had to use by the end of the month and I happened to find a ton of unlicensed NES games (got the GB games other places):
1101NESGB.jpg

GBC - Dragon Warrior III - just need to pick up DQVI and I'll have em all.
GB - Rolan's Curse
GB - Lock 'n Chase
GBA - Pokemon: Ruby Version - The only Pokemon game I didn't have!
NES - F-15 City War
NES - Venice Beach Volleyball
NES - Impossible Mission II
NES - The Ultimate Stuntman
NES - MIG 29 Soviet Fighter
NES - Firehawk
NES - Captain Comic
NES - Raid 2020
NES - ShockWave (w/instructions)

Sony Stuff:
1101Sony.jpg

PS3 - Dead Space 2: LE - I've had it pre-ordered since last spring but I can't play it because my PS3 is off being repaired! ARGH!
PS3 - Prince of Persia HD Trilogy - European import from DVD.co.uk.
PS3 - Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty - European import of the PSN game.
PS2 - Arcana Heart - cheapest I've seen it.
PS3 - Saw - $9.99 on clearance so I thought I'd give it a shot.
PS3 - Wolfenstein - $12.98 @ Target
PS2 - Super Monkey Ball Deluxe - Only $4.98!

1101PC.jpg

PC - Penumbra Collection - I've heard great things about Amnesia: Dark Descent and this series and I happened to find this copy for $4.99 @ my Best Buy!

1101DVDBlu.jpg

DVD - School House Rock Complete Series - $10 at Target. Why not? haha
DVD - Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers Volume 2 - one of my childhood favs.
DVD - The Norm Show: The Complete Series - Norm is awesome! I was so happy when I found out this show was on DVD and bought it immediately. :D
BLU - Gamera 2-pack - I have the trilogy on DVD but this was only $7!
BLU - Night of the Creeps - I heard it was on par with Monster Squad and got it for about $8. Great movie!
BLU - BBC Life - $19.99 from Barnes & Noble on Black Friday. Took FOREVER to show up though!
BLU - Inception - FYE exclusive Steelbook. :)
BLU - Resident Evil: Afterlife - Wal-Mart exclusive Steelbook. :)
BLU - Salt - Best Buy exclusive Steelbook. :)
BLU - Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut - randomly popped up on WBshop around the holidays. Ordered it before X-mas and showed up a month later!
BLU - TMNT Movie Collection - $19.99 from Barnes & Noble on Black Friday.
BLU - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation CE - Ordered it with Watchmen so it showed up after Christmas, unfortunately.

Also pre-ordered a couple 3DS handhelds, MVC3: LE, and Hyperdimension Neptunia!

Bii

Gameboy415 said:
Finally got around to taking pics of all my pickups from X-mas til now.

OMG LOTS OF STUFF

Where do you find time to play/watch all of that stuff? *laughs*

I've been lazy/neglecting to take any pictures of my newly acquired items for the past few weeks. Although, I am trying to take a minimalist approach for this year. We'll see how that goes.

JEKKI

I went to another Goodwill looking for classic NES games!!

I didnt find any that I wanted... I have no need to pick up a copy of Yo Noid or Talespin...

instead I picked up some classical literature and music:

Oi1pR.jpg

Fp3jR.jpg

Gameboy415

JEKKI said:
I went to another Goodwill looking for classic NES games!!

I didnt find any that I wanted... I have no need to pick up a copy of Yo Noid or Talespin...

I'm actually looking for both of those games! :lol

Nice score on the magazines though. I still have all of mine. :)

JEKKI

yeay it's coz I already played them a lot when I was a kid. I only wanna pick up games I havent played yet!!

I wish I could pick those up for you, but the store is in my parents' home town which I dont plan on returning to for a few weeks o_O

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Sorry for the LQ of the lighting. This is my first time posting in a thread like this!

It's nice to finally have a real job.

11acnlw.jpg

New pickups in this pic:

Samsung 40" 1080p LCD
IKEA TV stand
IKEA end table (using as coffee table because my apartment is tiny)
Art of Hellboy (comic not movie)
Spectrum vol. 17 (underneath hellboy)

I'll try to improve my lighting and be more detailed in the future. But I'm tired from putting together IKEA furniture.

JEKKI said:
instead I picked up some classical literature and music:

Dude that made me nostalgia so hard. I must have read that article about FFX 100 times.

What magical goodwill do you go to that has old gaming magazines?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Man, I just threw out a nearly complete set of Xbox Official Magazine, ~60 issues of EGM and ~30 issues of Game Informer. I'm sure a gamer somewhere would have liked them, but it would probably cost a small fortune to ship all those magazines.

Gray_Fox said:
Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition
The plasma cutter looks better than I thought it would, I didn't know it would light up. I'm jealous, I cancelled my order because I thought the plasma cutter would be super tiny and on a stand. I think I might get it now, haha.

mehdi_san

dankir said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/DANKIR/Monthly%20Pickups/IMG_5932.jpg[IMG]

Cazal's. Nixon Watch, Surface to Air 3 finger ring and Klipsch S4i

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/DANKIR/Monthly%20Pickups/IMG_5935.jpg[IMG]

Last PSP games I'll buy probably

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/DANKIR/Monthly%20Pickups/IMG_5937.jpg

Movies

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/DANKIR/Monthly%20Pickups/IMG_5947.jpg[IMG]

Games

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/DANKIR/Monthly%20Pickups/IMG_5948.jpg[IMG]

Got Kinected

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/DANKIR/Monthly%20Pickups/IMG_5950-1.jpg[IMG]

More Transformers[/QUOTE]
Wow, seriously Canada? Toy Story is Histoire de Jouets?? And Inception is Origine? lol

Rufus

mehdi_san said:
Wow, seriously Canada? Toy Story is Histoire de Jouets?? lol
It's pretty much a direct translation, what's wrong with that? Origine can also mean the same thing as Inception. They make sense, at least. You don't want to know what Germany does to titles...

Asparagus

It's nice to find cheap games at retail for a change. Not sure what Hoshigami's like but I always wanted to give the PSX version a try way back when.

N0L9c.jpg

mehdi_san

Rufus said:
It's pretty much a direct translation, what's wrong with that? Origine can also mean the same thing as Inception. They make sense, at least. You don't want to know what Germany does to titles...
That's exactly why I am so surprised: it's a direct translation, as if they just used Google translation tools :)

Top Bottom