• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Happy New Year!

zmet said:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Dirty Pair TV Series DVD Collection 2
jn14.jpg

Ghost Sweeper Mikami Collection 2
jn15.jpg

Its good to see people are still into pre 2000s anime. I think the 90s was a good decade for anime in variety and quality.

Is Ghost Sweeper Mikami a comedy or something else? I never saw that one before. :D

Upsidedown Fuji said:
Its good to see people are still into pre 2000s anime. I think the 90s was a good decade for anime in variety and quality.

Is Ghost Sweeper Mikami a comedy or something else? I never saw that one before. :D

Does that DVD set contain the dub that was shown on Showtime Beyond years ago? Or was that the OVA that was shown? I am totally confused ;-;

Zyzyxxz

RoninChaos said:
I'm willing to bet that he's part german pinscher. My dog is a german pinscher and your's looks remarkably like mine did when she was a puppy. Your dog has slightly longer hair though, but the facial markings and markings on the legs and chest are extremely similar.

I'll see if I can upload some pics of my dog when she was a baby later tonight.

I think it could be a miniature pinscher now that I've read up on it. It exhibits alot of the traits an adult one would, but then again I dont know if most puppies act the same.

Upsidedown Fuji said:

LOGH got released recently to Blu-Ray in Japan, but one season box is like 45 000 JPY.

zmet

Upsidedown Fuji said:
Yup. It's like Ghostbusters with Dragon Ball humor. It's not the greatest TV series but the characters do grow on you.
MidnightScott said:
Does that DVD set contain the dub that was shown on Showtime Beyond years ago? Or was that the OVA that was shown? I am totally confused ;-;
This set contains the TV episodes and is Japanese only with English subtitles. I think the Showtime Beyond version you mentioned aired the Manga Video English dub of the movie.

crpav

moop2000 said:
I love you Thrift Stores!

KOTOR 1 and 2 - $10
Mega Man The Wily Wars - $2
Pokemon Yellow - $6
Pokemon Silver - $6
Link's Awakening DX - $6
Complete SNES (mostly got it for the inserts mint in the plastic bag) - $25

IMG_0226.jpg

Wow, so awesome getting a mint and complete SNES. I want!!! Even though I do have one with the box and all the color of the SNES is all yellowed.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
grap3fruitman said:
I've kind of gotten burnt-out on posting in here... Here's a compilation of my pick-ups for the last month or so.

5389118599_e45cd54814_z.jpg
5389118369_17a6a30e4b_z.jpg
Is this one of those things where you cross your eyes and it'll look 3D?

Chairhome

grap3fruitman said:
I've kind of gotten burnt-out on posting in here... Here's a compilation of my pick-ups for the last month or so.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5017/5389118599_e45cd54814_z.jpg[img][img]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5097/5389118369_17a6a30e4b_z.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Don't know if you were trying to go for the stylistic look, but you probably should have just increased your f/stop a little so it would all be in focus.

Kobiekun

Kotomi said:
If you don't mind me asking, how much did that run you?
I paid ~$865 + tax. Shipping was free.

Big Ass Ramp said:
Did you happen to get this off of Woot? I know they were selling a refurbed HP like this not too long ago with similar specs.
I got it directly off of HP's site (brand new, not a refurb), and used a coupon code that got me ~$50 off and free shipping.

It's been great so far. Zero problems to report. Build quality & case are top notch.

Here it is (sans coupon) for $899 (add $10 for the ATI 5770).

weeneo

Neo Member
img_6348h7c1.jpg

img_6346g7kj.jpg

img_6368e7sl.jpg

img_637227r1.jpg

stuff from the last past weeks :)

forgot to post my new inventory for my appartment..

a lamp :D
img_6284eyed.jpg

and the yamaha piana craft mcr550
img_6309t7rg.jpg

Frester

practice02 said:
Man I'd like a pair of toms just for errands and kicking it shoes but my feet are way to wide I feel.

They're fairly wide, and there are tons of retailers that sell them so you could always try them on before you buy a pair. Although my normal shoe size worked perfectly for them.

styl3s

Until about a week ago i didn't really buy games, or if i did i would buy, beat and sell.

Long story short im tired of having nothing to play because of that and waiting from gamefly, the ps3 is my main machine and i had no games for it, so over the course of 48 hours i turned my empty ps3 shelf into this, over the course of the next few months i will continue buying up 360/ps3 games building a collection of deliciousness, and i also have purchase tickets for people who want to be jackasses. (also note all but 3 were bought used)

sdc11283m.jpg

also i am open to suggestions for ps3/360 games to buy, preferably 360 games.

262nrxl.jpg

My Wii has been getting a lot of love to start the year off. Loved Donkey Kong, Goldeneye, and Sonic Colors. Just got Mario Galaxy 2 in today. Stalker really can't get into it right now. Dante's Inferno is pretty fun and so is Dance Central with other people. Still have half my my xmas loot to spend on the next few months :)

styl3s said:
Until about a week ago i didn't really buy games, or if i did i would buy, beat and sell.

Long story short im tired of having nothing to play because of that and waiting from gamefly, the ps3 is my main machine and i had no games for it, so over the course of 48 hours i turned my empty ps3 shelf into this, over the course of the next few months i will continue buying up 360/ps3 games building a collection of deliciousness, and i also have purchase tickets for people who want to be jackasses. (also note all but 3 were bought used)

also i am open to suggestions for ps3/360 games to buy, preferably 360 games.
Metal Gear Solid 4. Now.

MortalMonkey said:
Shirty goodness
Where'd you get that?

moop2000 said:
The Wily Wars was actually in a pawn shop which I normally avoid as they rarely have good deals. For some reason I decided to check it out as I randomly passed by it on my thrifting route. I actually had no idea what the game was but I decided to get it when I couldn't find any ebay listings for it. The price tag said $8 but they sold it to me for $2. The same pawn shop also had the KOTOR's as well. You would think a pawn shop would take the time to check their shit. My good I guess. What's it worth by the way. I'm having a hard time finding any info on that.
For a mint copy, you're looking at $300 and up. You should totally sell it to me for the same price you got it at. Actually, wait, I'll double it!

I've only played it on an emulator, but I'd love to play the real deal. I highly suggest trying it if you can. It's a fun compilation.

MortalMonkey said:
Friend that worked at Gamecrazy gave it to me. EA gave these away to some retail partners. My friend never wore his and he was about to use it to clean his car.
Damn. Does he have any more?

Foxtastical said:
For a mint copy, you're looking at $300 and up. You should totally sell it to me for the same price you got it at. Actually, wait, I'll double it!

I've only played it on an emulator, but I'd love to play the real deal. I highly suggest trying it if you can. It's a fun compilation.

Well, it is complete and appears to be mint. I'm gonna throw it up on eBay in a few hours and see what happens. It'll have a lot more detailed pics in the listing.

moop2000 said:
Well, it is complete and appears to be mint. I'm gonna throw it up on eBay in a few hours and see what happens. It'll have a lot more detailed pics in the listing.
Be sure to drop us a link to your auction, I'd love to see how it ends.

uFp1Vl.jpg

Xbox 360: Free from Telus
Little Big Planet 2: $86.00
Little Big planet 2 (number 2): Free - Amazon shipped me two.. Has this happened to anyone else before? Are they going to ask for it back in a week if/when they realize what they've done?
Protein: $10.00 (Cost $20.00 but I used the Living Social deal to get 50% off)
Headphones: $0.00 (Present)

Total Cost: $96.00

Chairhome said:
Don't know if you were trying to go for the stylistic look, but you probably should have just increased your f/stop a little so it would all be in focus.
Yeah, not quite sure how to really use my camera...

styl3s

Kotomi said:
Metal Gear Solid 4. Now.

Where'd you get that?
i looked everywhere for a clear case version but it's all greatest hits, i am OCD about that i can't have red cases in with my clear cases no sir

one store did (game haven) but i wasn't about to pay the price they were asking for, it's a shame about that store because it used to be this awesome little shop that had killer deals on used games, gave great trade in credit and now they charge more then GS does for used stuff, give even worse credit and to boot they sell used dvds that cost almost as much as a new sealed copy

WEGGLES

Devin Olsen said:
http://i.imgur.com/uFp1Vl.jpg[IMG]

Xbox 360: Free from Telus
Little Big Planet 2: $86.00
Little Big planet 2 (number 2): Free - Amazon shipped me two.. Has this happened to anyone else before? [B]Are they going to ask for it back in a week if/when they realize what they've done?[/B]
Protein: $10.00 (Cost $20.00 but I used the Living Social deal to get 50% off)
Headphones: $0.00 (Present)

[B][U]Total Cost: $96.00[/U][/B][/QUOTE]
Usually, no.

They're customer service first and foremost.

I thought I'd get $20 off for pre-ordering from Amazon, so I emailed about where to find the credit. Apparently it was only on the regular edition... but they gave me $20 any-ways because I expected it or something.

I guess enjoy it? Keep a mint copy? Give to a friend? Or sell it :s

faridmon

Upsidedown Fuji said:

I disagree, But it is great to see people buying the old classics.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
dunno if i should post this now or april. just came back from meeting and april 1st i start my new job! expecting to participate more in these threads :p

Yes Boss!

Thanks to this thread I was introduced to a new cool game I did not know anything about!

8da3c25d.jpg

And finally got my Velvet Doll. Last year a change of address, delayed shipout, and no access to internet caused me to miss my preorder. Finally happy to have her. SO PRETTY.

59e35878.jpg

Gone for two weeks and finally got to my mailbox to get my Arcana:

2ed26505.jpg

And the stick to make the game more fun. Very pretty hue of red:

cc4529ea.jpg

Sofo

My fiancé alerted me about the awesome thing that Club Nintendo is. For those who don't know, if you register the Layton games that are currently out they will send you this awesome box to keep them.

5395178989_2899c4e2ab.jpg

5395179275_093f8d550b.jpg

Also, not pictured, Super Mario All-Stars that he got me for my birthday. So eager to play all of them together!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Stuff from all over this month.

Nier, Prinny Premium Edition, and 999.
6VsD5l.jpg

Milkie Strike 2 thanks to someone here's wife, and a small collection of sketches by Digital Lover as a small bonus!
qAi6ul.jpg

shawnlreed

Spirit Tracks figures!
Each one was in a capsule inside a chocolate egg.
The chocolate was not that great, but these figures are awesome.

5397143192_532947f585_z.jpg

sikkinixx

5397281354_3a5d9f722f_z.jpg

Dell U2311, got my boss to buy it for me since he gets better deals than I could. $220 after taxes, recycling fee's etc. I like it quite a bit. One of the few IPS panels I could afford and DP is nice to hook up to my Macbook Air.

5396685563_4df307dbf7_z.jpg

I had heard so much about this game and this past weekend my girlfriend and I played it at our friend's house and are hooked. Called around and found this Big Box, the 2010 edition, for $65 so only $30 more than the basic set. Nice! Dunno if we will use all the expansions but whatev's. Just need the rivers expansions.

Pick ups from Jan. and Dec.
Found a sealed copy of FFX at a trade center for 5 bucks, couldn't pass it up. As with MGS2.
1h6yc4.jpg

Mom bought me these to remind me of the crazy childhood shows I watched
a17i1w.jpg

29e5hf6.jpg

28s8nir.jpg

Wanted to wait until it was dirt ass cheap to buy, huge Batman but was not going to buy premium for a shitty CE. $25 was perfect.
14b54qp.jpg

Probably my favorite purchase in recent months <3
2r53lnp.jpg

Fiancee's new ride. Sorry it doesn't mesh well with all the Lambo's on here.
11t8v14.jpg

Top Bottom