• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Happy New Year!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
japtor said:
Wow 13 eps. I remember thinking about getting the original series' DVDs way back and there were only 4 per disc. Looks like there's a newer release now with a full season for $25. Does all anime get reasonable pricing these days or are these exceptions?
Pricing is much more reasonable than it was... though there's exceptions like the upcoming Garden of Sinners blu ray set, which is $400.

...I preordered it.

gillty

Banned
Zyzyxxz said:
5382168399_d17295abe6_b.jpg
:)

gillty

Banned
What better way to start off the new year with my largest gaming related haul of the year.
januarygamingpickups69uj.png

• MadCatz SSF4 TE "S" Fightstick
  • PlayStation 3 320GB Move Bundle
  • David Attenborough version of Planet Earth Bluray
  • Demon's Souls
  • Wipeout HD Fury disc version from Korea
  • Little Big Planet 2
  • Super Street Fighter IV

JEKKI

I want a dog!!

but Im always broke and I live all alone in a small apartment...

I dont kno how I would take care of it :(

zmet

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Dirty Pair TV Series DVD Collection 2
jn14.jpg

Ghost Sweeper Mikami Collection 2
jn15.jpg

robot said:
Twinbee Yahoo! arcade board - a personal favorite that I could never find. Next up, Parodious!

*squeal* i love Twinbee. Pop'n Twinbee is my favourite SNES game. Imported that sublime PSP collection years ago :D

japtor said:
Wow 13 eps. I remember thinking about getting the original series' DVDs way back and there were only 4 per disc. Looks like there's a newer release now with a full season for $25. Does all anime get reasonable pricing these days or are these exceptions?

Yeah pretty much the standard nowadays after the 'crash' and decline of the anime industry. I was just thinking the same thing myself the other day - my shelves are full of 4 episode DVDs that I imported from the US about 5 years ago at £20 a pop. Nowadays that £20 will buy 13 episodes or more.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
SUWtW.jpg

Ni no kuni from a friend. The box is huge with the book! I thought he accidentally bought a game+DS version of the game. ^^

robot

Android18a said:
*squeal* i love Twinbee. Pop'n Twinbee is my favourite SNES game. Imported that sublime PSP collection years ago :D

Awesome - I'll have to check out Pop'n Twinbee. I have the collection on Saturn and PSone but never got the PSP version. The older ones are great but think Yahoo is the pinnacle of the series.

Jinaar

I lucked out with two gift boxes of Chimay, which came with one Chimay Glass and 6 bottles in each, Chimay Red, Blue and Yellow, two each, total 12 bottles. Hammered every night.

8PfWM.jpg
0Uf1U.jpg

Today got Dead Space 2 and Two Worlds 2
lvdgw.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
dofry said:
*pic*
Ni no kuni from a friend. The box is huge with the book! I thought he accidentally bought a game+DS version of the game. ^^

Sexy...how much did you pay for it ?

.la1n

Jinaar said:
I lucked out with two gift boxes of Chimay, which came with one Chimay Glass and 6 bottles in each, Chimay Red, Blue and Yellow, two each, total 12 bottles. Hammered every night.

8PfWM.jpg
0Uf1U.jpg

Today got Dead Space 2 and Two Worlds 2
lvdgw.jpg

lucky sob, Chimay is ammmmaaazzzinnngg.

Jinaar

Chimay is to die for. And if people are interested where purchased....
For any Edmonton, Alberta, Canada people here on GAF, this is the best place for alcohol that I know of:

http://www.sherbrookeliquor.com/
11819 St. Albert Trail
Edmonton, AB

It has... EVERYTHINGGGGGGGG!

Zyzyxxz said:
yeah I realize its gonna be alot of responsibility but I couldnt let the owner couldn't take care of a full liter of 7 of these babies so I had to help her out and take at least one off her hand. Its my first dog and I hope to do it right.

The only thing is its a mix and I don't know what breed he is. Any ideas?
5382168193_c20436ae4d_b.jpg

5382168399_d17295abe6_b.jpg
I'm willing to bet that he's part german pinscher. My dog is a german pinscher and your's looks remarkably like mine did when she was a puppy. Your dog has slightly longer hair though, but the facial markings and markings on the legs and chest are extremely similar.

I'll see if I can upload some pics of my dog when she was a baby later tonight.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
cw_sasuke said:
Sexy...how much did you pay for it ?

Actually I don't know yet. :) My friend doesn't remember the price he paid for it at Narita Airport. I hope not too much.

I love you Thrift Stores!

KOTOR 1 and 2 - $10
Mega Man The Wily Wars - $2
Pokemon Yellow - $6
Pokemon Silver - $6
Link's Awakening DX - $6
Complete SNES (mostly got it for the inserts mint in the plastic bag) - $25

IMG_0226.jpg

_dementia said:
holy cow, where do you live? excellent thrifting!

I live in Los Angeles so thrifting is so fucking easy. I don't even post all the shit I come across and flip. I'm blown away by the Wily Wars game. I can't even find a reliable valuation for it.

FOOTE

moop2000 said:
I love you Thrift Stores!

KOTOR 1 and 2 - $10
Mega Man The Wily Wars - $2
Pokemon Yellow - $6
Pokemon Silver - $6
Link's Awakening DX - $6
Complete SNES (mostly got it for the inserts mint in the plastic bag) - $25

http://www.pophate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/IMG_0226.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

moop2000 said:
I live in Los Angeles so thrifting is so fucking easy. I don't even post all the shit I come across and flip. I'm blown away by the Wily Wars game. I can't even find a reliable valuation for it.
What? Holy shit, how the hell did you come across Wily Wars? It goes for a pretty penny so don't get low balled. Fantastic game as well, I suggest playing.

But seriously, what was a PAL game doing there?

Foxtastical said:
What? Holy shit, how the hell did you come across Wily Wars? It goes for a pretty penny so don't get low balled. Fantastic game as well, I suggest playing.

But seriously, what was a PAL game doing there?

The Wily Wars was actually in a pawn shop which I normally avoid as they rarely have good deals. For some reason I decided to check it out as I randomly passed by it on my thrifting route. I actually had no idea what the game was but I decided to get it when I couldn't find any ebay listings for it. The price tag said $8 but they sold it to me for $2. The same pawn shop also had the KOTOR's as well. You would think a pawn shop would take the time to check their shit. My good I guess. What's it worth by the way. I'm having a hard time finding any info on that.

Smokey

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg

Not the 360, just happened to have the items sitting on it.

Picked up Shatter from the PSN sale. Only the 2nd PSN title I've bought (fl0w) being the first.

Top Bottom