• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Happy New Year!

rj118 said:
I'm about due for a new pair of running shoes myself so I'll be looking for something like these. They are really cool! :D
Thanks!

The Nike Free line (these are the Nike Free Run+ models) are made to be run barefoot in - like the Vibram Five Fingers.

It does run smaller than traditional running shoes but are extremely lightweight. And they have an internal slot for the Run+ sensor if you have one.

Yes Boss!

My January shooter for the month! Brought my Saturn and all my games back with me! Did not have access to it since 2009. Gonna be a fun year!

d62c1e12.jpg

And, tried one of the Neo Geo PS3 versions. They are so awesome. Smoothing off, scanlines on, no wallpaper...they look perfect! Will definitely be buying more:

456b4532.jpg

Everything from the end of 2010 to early this year.

Yeaaaaa
Oj72P.jpg

Love it
XxEPO.jpg

A bit tough but I enjoyed the little I played
SUVzq.jpg

Was down in New Orleans last week. Love these things!
oDkeL.jpg

Not shown: Chaos Rings for Iphone

AllGamer said:
I just got a 4 as well get infinty blade asap its fun but whats even more fun is to show the game to friends with a 3g and 3gs' and just rub it in their fucking stupid faces.

snap0212

practice02 said:
I just got a 4 as well get infinty blade asap its fun but whats even more fun is to show thwe game friends with a 3g and 3gs' and just rub it in their fucking stupid faces.
How come you even have friends?

practice02 said:
I just got a 4 as well get infinty blade asap its fun but whats even more fun is to show thwe game friends with a 3g and 3gs' and just rub it in their fucking stupid faces.
Uhh... I own Infinity Blade and I'm running it on my 3GS pretty damn well actually...

eXistor

ArchAngel said:
Awesome! I'm still waiting for mine, but I got a note from the postman for a delivery today (I was at work), so I have a feeling it was for Pier Solar. I can't wait to see if the game is any good.

Ricker

Two things I wanted for a while..one was hard to find but I finally saw a brand new copy today of P4 and the other is a series of books I wanted to start for a while:

yhzxy.jpg

sikkinixx

Ricker said:
Two things I wanted for a while..one was hard to find but I finally saw a brand new copy today of P4 and the other is a series of books I wanted to start for a while:

yhzxy.jpg

P4 <3 So many memories.... If I didn't have literally a dozen unplayed games I would dive right back into it for playthrough number 3.

Ricker said:

yhzxy.jpg

That's a good book. I burned out halfway through the fourth but enjoyed it up until then.

Yes Boss!

D2M15 said:
God, I loved that game so much in my local arcade. The definitive space Western with an aerofighter-shaped-like-a-pistol experience.
Yeah, pretty wild from what I've quickly played of it! Got it cause it looks a bit like an Ibara, with similar effects. Loving the little lesser-know shooters on Saturn. Having more fun checking those out instead of the bonafide classics!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
WP_000177.jpg

Yesterday's pick-ups. Both based on people constantly raving about them, so don't let me down. I already know to go in with expectations of nier being very flawed, but very good at the same time.

Got a bunch of stuff from a friend in japan today.

P1050261.jpg

Mario history book, the cd has exclusive orchestrations of music from Mario 1, galaxy and NSMB Wii.

P1050262.jpg

Earthbound Figures.

P1050263.jpg

Game ads. The mario and kirby ones are as nice as some art books I've seen.

P1050264.jpg

Random Japanese Candy...the okonomiyaki ones frighten me.

P1050265.jpg

Not from japan but still cool.

P1050266.jpg

They're bigger than I expected. Ninten is about 5 inches tall.

Rubius

089_8.jpg

Always was a big fan of Scream

Got a preorder of Rift Collector edition at gamestop. Called Best buy, they said they didnt have anything. Quebec Best buy is not really good. Stuck with the electric rune.

I heard its Pokemon Grimdark on Ps3. Looked fun.

ArchAngel

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Very nice! Any chance of some impressions once you've played this for a bit? Debating whether or not to buy it.

I wrote a Review on my blog :)

If you're a big AKB fan you just have to buy it because of the theme.
It's ok and you can play through it in about an hour or two. Multiple endings per member (good & bad), an interesting shuffle after a date (after each date, some members will be blocked and you can't call them anymore for this playthrough).
No big story, just call -> Date -> one multiple choice moment -> 1 to 10 members will be blocked -> call -> date etc.

But I like it ^^
Just a couple of dates a day is enough. Yuko, Takamina and Aachan are done :D

ArchAngel said:
I wrote a Review on my blog :)

If you're a big AKB fan you just have to buy it because of the theme.
It's ok and you can play through it in about an hour or two. Multiple endings per member (good & bad), an interesting shuffle after a date (after each date, some members will be blocked and you can't call them anymore for this playthrough).
No big story, just call -> Date -> one multiple choice moment -> 1 to 10 members will be blocked -> call -> date etc.

But I like it ^^
Just a couple of dates a day is enough. Yuko, Takamina and Aachan are done :D

Will give it a read :)

Not a huge AKB fan, more of a fan of J-girls and dating sims to be honest :p
Going to see if my budget will allow me to get this at some point. Appreciate the impressions :)

Manp

some pick ups from December and January:

5OR1Z.jpg

- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

9s9jH.jpg

- Dead Rising 2
- Lost Planet 2

all games super cheap from either Play.com or Zavvi. gotta love those UK web-shops
still waiting for Mad World for the Wii. couldn't say no for 5€ on Play.com :lol

KnlTO.jpg

5.1 headphones. they have a toslink input for Dolby Digital and 6ch analog inputs, are compatible with PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. detachable mic also work with all 3 platform either via usb (PC/PS3) or analog input (PC/360).

for the price they're definitely pretty good.

and from Steam:
nPac5.png

didn't get an extra copy of SoC for whatever reason :(

:)

eXistor

Wow, those Mother figurines are wicked! They're absurdly expensive on eBay, but I'm seriously considering buying a few.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yes Boss! said:
My January shooter for the month! Brought my Saturn and all my games back with me! Did not have access to it since 2009. Gonna be a fun year!

d62c1e12.jpg

How's Gun Frontier? I haven't really played any of Taito's older shooters (anything pre Rayforce = I have no idea), but it can never hurt to get a good shmup for the Saturn.

Yes Boss!

Chacranajxy said:
How's Gun Frontier? I haven't really played any of Taito's older shooters (anything pre Rayforce = I have no idea), but it can never hurt to get a good shmup for the Saturn.
It is cool. Sprites are a little large and chunky (like Garrega) but it is a neat concept with the ships as guns. I mean, the first boss is a big-ass revolver on tank tread. How cool is that! It also had those neat flame shots that later show in Ibara (the Cave series I'm obsessed with, even though i don't play them much).

Check out some vids on youtube. That is what I did and fell in love with it. It is definitely an older shooter, though. More like what would appear on Super CD...but with Saturn scaling effects.

It is cheap too. I paid about $50 but I ordered from a favorite seller of mine in Japan so you could probably get it for less.

Oh yeah: it is on one of the Taito Legends disc for J-PS2. Might be cheaper that way. I'd rather have it on Saturn and it comes in a neat package for that system.

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Gorgeous G-Shock. My prized white one is now in a sorry state so I'm looking for a new one and love the look of yours!
Thanks!

I've got a white one as well but due to it getting all beat up, I decided to get another one. Plus, I loved the color of it - particularly the face - but I still do use my white one every so often.

Dwayne

parcel from japan arrived yesterday...
3xdERl.jpg

Gussun Oyoyo - irem :)
pnAr6l.jpg

Cosmic Smash
aYqrgl.jpg

Lode Runner: The Dig Fight - Psikyo :)
EsSIIl.jpg

Puzzle Bobble 4
VFDtx.jpg

Magical Drop 3
FBI6S.jpg

Guilty Gear XX - The Midnight Carnival
1yQZGl.jpg

eXistor said:
Wow, those Mother figurines are wicked! They're absurdly expensive on eBay, but I'm seriously considering buying a few.
Yea I got pretty lucky on these. The big problem w/ them is that they're a crane game toy and impossible to win. He found the Ninten in a used game shop, and got lucky wining the saturn by chance. Supposedly there are over 21 figures in the set. I don't plan on fighting for them on ebay. Like you said those prices are brutal.

practice02 said:
Those puddi are pretty un-giga I'd be worried about them.
They're more little chocolates than pudding. I asked my friend to find me a giga pudding, but everyone was sold out due to x-mas.

moop2000 said:
Can we get a picture of Mr. Saturn outside of the trash can? And is he a plush?
P1060269.jpg

Of course, Yea hes a plush, apparently there is also a soft rubber one out there. There is also a giant plush that is over 3ft tall... if I ever get rich..

Top Bottom