• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Happy New Year!

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Litflynt912 said:
IjvNUl.jpg

picked up a floor demo from best buy for $950...best mac yet IMO...love the 11" form factor..faster than my C2D macbook pro...

love the app store on this thing!

Got an 11incher for xmas. Selling my Ipad and 15 inch macbook pro (i5), haven't used either in weeks lol. This thing is as zippy as my big one yet its so small and I can bring it anywhere. Even plays WoW pretty dam good too!

Got this just before new year from NG: DEV.TEAM :

Dreamcast - Fast Striker LE

Thank you Hellwig Brothers and keep making those nice shmups .

DSCF3402.jpg

And a new month an new PCB :

Today ,

DSCF3455.jpg

Tatsujin Oh/Truxton 2

Great game , super music just don't ever die , you will lose all your upgrades and are set back a mile :lol

reminder

alr1ghtstart said:
I have those in much higher res :D

Well, a little too late for me :lol You should've posted those in the High-Res Artworks thread here on gaf right from the start. ;)

But the posters look awesome as they are, not blurred or anything, so i'm happy with the result i got with the smaller pictures. :)

Tigel

reminder said:
But the posters look awesome as they are, not blurred or anything, so i'm happy with the result i got with the smaller pictures. :)
Yeah, they have the same dpi, so when you print them there's no difference between the "smaller" ones and the hi-res ones :)

ngower

WEGGLES said:
Long time no post.

Got lotsa stuff, just too damned lazy to take pics :lol

But I got something neat-ish today. Some new speakers for my turntable. Before I was using my 5.1 set up which is fine for movies but... iffy for music.

Click for full size

They're M-Audio BX5a monitors.

Of fucking course, though, the cables haven't shown up yet :lol. And I'm not paying $18 from radioshack to hook them up when my $7 cables from Amazon will be here soon enough.

I did some re-arranging of my records too, and got rid of a ton of my old records. (Stuff I'm never going to listen to) Now I have more room for my new records :D. (here's how it used to look, and the same record being on top to the left was not intentional :lol)

Some new stuff from recently that may or may not be visible in the picture
Grinderman - Grinderman 2
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Nocturama
MGMT - Congratulations
Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
Wavves - Wavvves
Local Natives - Gorilla Manor
of Montreal - False Priest
Weezer - Pinkerton Deluxe Edition

And I tossed the boxes in a corner for the time being and as I was going to get a drink I noticed something :lol

When can I expect to pounce on some free download codes. *whistles innocently*

I used to have that Expedit, I do have that table. D:

Also, I've been kicking myself to not buy Daydream Nation. I can't wait to get a new camera over the summer to post my vinyl pickups in this thread. IT SHALL BE A MOMENTOUS OCCASION!

FStop7

Banned
Warnen said:
Got an 11incher for xmas. Selling my Ipad and 15 inch macbook pro (i5), haven't used either in weeks lol. This thing is as zippy as my big one yet its so small and I can bring it anywhere. Even plays WoW pretty dam good too!

Do you have 2 or 4 gigs of RAM in your 11" Air?

I just sold my iPad with the intent of replacing it with an Air, but I've been undecided if the extra RAM is really worth it.

WEGGLES

ngower said:
When can I expect to pounce on some free download codes. *whistles innocently*

I used to have that Expedit, I do have that table. D:

Also, I've been kicking myself to not buy Daydream Nation. I can't wait to get a new camera over the summer to post my vinyl pickups in this thread. IT SHALL BE A MOMENTOUS OCCASION!
Honestly, very few of the records I got came with DL codes. Which is odd, as I used to have tons to post.

The only ones that did were
Wavves - Wavvves but I hadn't downloaded that already so I used it and
Local Natives - Gorilla Manor, and my sister nabbed that :[

Actually... there is one. Check yr pms.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
FStop7 said:

I just sold my iPad with the intent of replacing it with an Air, but I've been undecided if the extra RAM is really worth it.

Mines the 2 gig 1.4 duo with the 128gb ssd. I got it off amazon so didn't have the choice to upgrade the ram. I'm really happy with it but don't really know what the extra ram would do. WoW runs great with setting a custom setting of low with some good and fairs tossed in.

57396bb750.jpg

not bad, worse zone I've been in so far and still getting 20fps, in the 45-55 range outside

Warnen said:
Mines the 2 gig 1.4 duo with the 128gb ssd. I got it off amazon so didn't have the choice to upgrade the ram. I'm really happy with it but don't really know what the extra ram would do.

yea I have been running it through the gamut the last day, two charges, averaging about 4 hours on using caffeine...have the 3DS stream on as I type and it is playing it flawlessly...

cannot complain, the 11" macbook air is a beast...and an awesome mac netbook...

Hazelhurst

imry3p.jpg

Die Hard Quadriolgy, Dark Crystal, Funny Farm / Spies Like Us, and Deep Blue Sea blu-rays, plus an Apple Wireless Keyboard to be used with my PS3.

21ch5kz.jpg

Shot of the Apple Wireless Keyboard unboxed.

The haul(so far).
IMG_20110107_192845-1.jpg

Component switcher from Monoprice. Not seen are the two PS2 component cables that came today as well.
IMG_20110107_193035-1.jpg

Close up of El Alamein. The expansion to Barbarosa. For fans of Dominion.
IMG_20110106_165959-1.jpg

leng jai

Another MBA 13inch reporting in. Got a good deal for it, 10% off and a half price Magic Mouse. Too bad it has a stuck pixel in the middle. Might have to take it to an Apple Store to see if they can exchange it. Fml

XCqNX.jpg

blizzardjesus said:
PC300259.jpg

December is also my end/best of the year, new Imac, cataclysm and steam... $20 on steam so far.
PDS was the big pickup form earlier in 2010, as was Scott Pilgrim BD and Mario Collection.

Is that a Panty and Stocking with Garter background? I want that! You can't go wrong with that Imac and Scott Pilgrim BD.

Yes Boss! said:
Neo Geo pad finally arrived. Took 28 days cause I thought it cool NCS offered media mail on hardware. Big mistake!

Love the big feel of it. Only minor gripe is the ugly Sony PS logo, but minor.

Time to play some Neo Geo games on PSN!

8d84a769.jpg
Welcome to the club!

Yes Boss!

_dementia said:
Welcome to the club!
It is SO good! Put a couple of hours into Alpha Mission last night with it...so much more fun than the dualshock. Not sure how it would work with the fighters (did not buy any of those yet) but for the platformers, shooters and other odd Neo Geo games on PSN it will be my go-to controller.

Wish I had bought a second! Hopefully SNK/Exar do a reprint.

FOOTE

ibu said:
How much was the P90x full set with weights etc?
About $350 for those weights(you might want to buy separate dumbbells, I just like the space those save)
about $120 for the P90X dvds(with workout and nutrition plan)
about $90 total for the bars( probably look for something else when the time comes to order more)

So about $560 for everything in that picture. Used dumbbells and possibly buying the dvds on ebay or whatever would certainty cut down on the cost.

Edit- Forgot about the drink. That was about $50 so a little more then $600 for everything.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Tales of Graces F finally arrives, along with Rock Band 3!
talesrb.jpg

Some cheap blu-rays off Amazon.
bdr.jpg

White DualShock 3. I now have every color currently made except red.
ds32.jpg

Sealda

Banned
I got a MBA 11.6 inch. I just love it. It will replace my Macbook unibody 13 inch. I got a 24 inch Samsung display and the mouse and keyboard (wireless) from apple. Perfect combination for me.

Guevara

Ceramic white is the best by far, it was my first pick-up after my Slim. Wish I could have gotten the slim in matte white!

Quake1028

Guevara said:
Ceramic white is the best by far, it was my first pick-up after my Slim. Wish I could have gotten the slim in matte white!

Just got mine for Christmas (Ceramic White DS3). SOGOOD.GIF

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
moop2000 said:
Finally picked this beauty up. It's complete and in just about near mint condition.
IMG_2348.jpg
Oh wow! So glorious. That's my favorite game ever right there. Props to you.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Haha. Maybe I'll get the red one some day. These are all shared between me and my boyfriend since we have two PS3s in the house.

Damn you GAF HYPE!!

Apparently it's hard to find. Glad I found a copy in the first place I went to.

e77ba3f0.jpg

FStop7 said:

I've been running WoW on my stock 11" Air without much issue. I haven't been in any of the busy zones though.

Top Bottom