• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! + Your BEST of 2011!

Fuzyfrog

Got this for 50 cents

zVRmB.jpg

I hope your copy of TWEWY isn't bootlegged. I see that it has the ESRB rating on it, but it's in a European case...o-O;
Yeah, sadly that appears to be a bootleg. Aside from the obvious US artwork with an EU case the spine appears to be black when the US spine should be white. If that's an online purchase I'd demand a refund.

Labadal

If it plays on a DSi or 3DS it's legit. If it doesn't, it's fake.

It doesn't work on my Euro 3DS, but it does work on my cousins Euro DS. The game was advertised as a NA copy. I was suspisous when I got it, but I didn't think about it that much. But I think it actually is a bootleg version, since the packaging seems shady. 60 days have passed since I bought it, so I guess there's no point complaining anymore.

NEO0MJ

It doesn't work on my Euro 3DS, but it does work on my cousins Euro DS. The game was advertised as a NA copy. I was suspisous when I got it, but I didn't think about it that much. But I think it actually is a bootleg version, since the packaging seems shady. 60 days have passed since I bought it, so I guess there's no point complaining anymore.

The DS and DSlite can play bootlegged games so it probably is just that.

Kambing

Why would you even bother with that picture?

LOL,

I wanted to take a picture of the vita from that side and it was easiest to focus on the thing least flat which happened to be the numb stick, haha.

you could've closed the aperture a little (higher f/) to get more of it in focus. the other pics are nice, that one also stood out as a bad picture. Sorry!

Thanks for the input, i do agree that it looks bad haha. But i only took four shots and did not want to screw up with the alignment of pictures, ocd kicking in here. I am still a noob when it comes to photography so will definitely look into making the f number higher, thanks for the advice =)

nikoo

another ita-gaf hurray!

Battle Royal is really well written and translated, hope you haven't still read the manga or the movie beccause it's so much slower in comparison but also more accurate and immersive. (well honestly it's the same problem with any book/movie comparison)

Yes! I never posted in this thread and I hope to post something also in gaming setup thread soon...

Battle Royal is a fresh read for me... never read or seen, I will let you know about it.

Chairhome

LOL,

I wanted to take a picture of the vita from that side and it was easiest to focus on the thing least flat which happened to be the numb stick, haha.

you could've closed the aperture a little (higher f/) to get more of it in focus. the other pics are nice, that one also stood out as a bad picture. Sorry!

FL4TW4V3

Cheap and cheerful headphones and amplifier combo!

w5slfl.jpg

Indeed G3 hybrid (tube/mosfet) headphone amp.

VU1Rol.jpg

SuperLux HD668B semi-open headphones.

isny

napkin dispenser
Gundam!

Buy.com had a pretty good Bandai sale going on last month, so I ordered these. I also ordered 08th MS Team, but it was out of stock. I'm waiting for them to get more. If I'd known what was going to happen to Bandai, I would have bought a few more series.

Nice pickups! I only feel bad that you didn't buy the remastered Gundam Wing set they sell in the UK. For more info on it see my posts in the Gundam thread.

Below is some stuff from December/January. I have a ton of Black Friday stuff on it's way to me from Goomba over at Games for Canada, but this is it so far for me for this/last month.

First up, SWTOR which I had preordered back during E3 last year for about $35 after all of the discounts, and which has stopped me from posting any pickups due to the time spent playing it, lol

Secondly, SSFIV AE from the Capcom store sale for $19.99 which I have yet to even install as it came after SWTOR.

FoJdTl.jpg

Next, Classic Sonic plush for $11 which I bought using a GC I got for Christmas, along with some Boxing Day pickups. Family Guy Star Wars Trilogy for $9.99, Eastwood Blu Ray Trilogy for $14.99, and the Muppet combo packs were $7.99 each.

fCoWJl.jpg

Lastly, since I enjoyed the London Zelda concert so much, I decided to bite the bullet and get tickets for one of the Canadian performances. Really looking forward to seeing this again, as it's so well put together, and it will be neat to hear the full symphony for the first time as opposed to the partial one from the LA/London/Tokyo concerts last year.

j7z6pl.jpg

JackEtc

My package from Valve came in! I ordered the "Aperture's Requiem" lithograph and a Portal vinyl decal pack.

Oh my GOD, the lithograph is HUGE, and an amazing quality print. I'll post some pictures when I eventually get a frame.

The decals are awesome too.

HiZP0l.jpg

Krispy

Cell phone pictures incoming! You have been warned

Just picked this blazer up today. You can't tell from the picture but it's slimfit which is perfect for me. Fits like a dream.
4rGzP.jpg

Another of todays pickups. Saw it on the shelf and had to have it. I slyly tucked it under my arm and got it packed in a paper bag so no one would know I'm a huge Halo nerd.
LUHBH.jpg

This was an Xmas present. I think I love it. Or I did until my stepbrother jumped up onto it while I was using it. It has a weight limit dipshit! I'll be getting a new, unbent one sometime in the near future.
LXMVh.jpg

Another Xmas present. The Kindle at least. I somehow managed to download Primordium 2 full days before the release date.
qSpKH.jpg

This ones really old but I thought I'd share it anyway. It's the Zelda 25th Anniversary image in gigantic poster form. It's so gigantic infact that I had to bend over the top and bottom to fit it on my wall. Sorry Goddesses/Ganon.
aYFOQ.jpg

And another really old one.
a09yo.jpg

That is a great looking GPU. That is the kind of card you insert into the space ship mainframe to get the hyper drive restored. My PC envy is reaching unsustainable levels. Curse you budget!

I'm kind of sad Sony pulled SACD support from modern PS3s.

Yeah, its a bit hard to understand the reasoning behind that. I'm not sure even Phillips makes SACD players anymore, hopefully at least some small HiFi manufacturers still do. God I hope my 2007 PS3 doesnt break down.

plc268

My package from Valve came in! I ordered the "Aperture's Requiem" lithograph and a Portal vinyl decal pack.

Oh my GOD, the lithograph is HUGE, and an amazing quality print. I'll post some pictures when I eventually get a frame.

The decals are awesome too.

HiZP0l.jpg

Is that a cr-48 I spy?

Damn that looks pretty nice too. I got that crappy original decal on mine, and need something new. Been buying upgrades for the thing as I move to windows on cr-48 (64gb ssd, wifi card with bluetooth, and a broadcom accelerator). Probably more money than I should spend, but whatever.

Edit: And thanks to you, I just ordered this decal:
http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=ST0119

I'll make sure to get a pic of it when it arrives

Sylver

Banned
New japanese goods store near my place opened with awesome food.
obs06.jpg

I always wanted to taste some of these (Vanilla Coke and Cream soda) and drink again cause they're not available (Cherry Coke and Fanta macedoine)
So awesome :D!!
And Amy:
FPJOb.jpg

JackEtc

Is that a cr-48 I spy?

Damn that looks pretty nice too. I got that crappy original decal on mine, and need something new. Been buying upgrades for the thing as I move to windows on cr-48 (64gb ssd, wifi card with bluetooth, and a broadcom accelerator). Probably more money than I should spend, but whatever.

Edit: And thanks to you, I just ordered this decal:
http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=ST0119

I'll make sure to get a pic of it when it arrives

Yes it is. I have Windows on mine as well (8 dev build), never even though of upgrading it, good idea. Nice decal choice as well!

JEKKI

whooo~!!! Im back from vacation!!!

I went to MAGFEST!! it was awesome! here are my pickups:

13fbf2563c9711e19896123138142014_7.jpg

I dont think I'll be needing to buy comics for a while lol.

also picked up:

48b7338a3c9611e19896123138142014_7.jpg

Top Bottom