• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year!)!

def sim

cvxfreak did you buy that jacket edition of re6

b678c398626f11e2b46022000a1fb37a_7.jpg

New Controllers.

I hope the rumors of Sony changing the dual shock aren't true. It's really nice to have one design last for so long.

My last month in physical media. I said I wasn't going to get Dredd as already saw it at the cinema, but hey the price was right. The Xbox games and Dredd just came today.

Cptdi5I.jpg

jup, and the prices are going crazy (which is why I bought some of the rare ones that I wanted asap)

Yeah. Really hoping we're at the peak right now as far as prices go. I've been getting all my stuff from local places for good prices, but I figure it's only a matter of time before they start adjusting their prices up to ebay standards.

glaurung

janloot2013.jpg

Finally picked up a bunch of movies that were in my Amazon basket for like a month. Post-holiday season money is tight.

Calmine

New monitor for my "building" PC
4MJtXUH.jpg

Free shipment but 245€ in TAXes, this is so gross, EU protectionism.

I've been curious about this monitor it does look nice and has some really good features like 4-way screen split. You'll have to post some shots of games at 2560 x 1080 would be interesting to see.

It finally came out on Blu-ray? If I recall, wasn't that shown of when Blu-ray was first announced. I wonder why it took them 6 years to release it.

You recall correctly. Sony used it as a selling point for Blu-ray, but the title never released. Perhaps they were waiting for the 50th anniversary.
However it is stated to be a 4K restoration, so it must have taken a long time to do.

Here is something I read on a review:

Lawrence of Arabia was gorgeously restored for a 50th-anniversary theatrical run using a process that produced more than four times the sharpness of high-def TV. (Eight times really, since the 65 mm image — roughly twice as big as a normal 35 mm film frame — had to be dealt with in two pieces).

And from another source:

The key is that this is a 4K digital restoration. When a machine called the Imagica EX scans across each frame of a film’s negative, it creates a digitally encoded replica that consists of 4,000 (actually, 4,096) pixels on each horizontal line. Multiplied by the 2,160 pixels on each vertical line, this makes for a total of 8.8 million pixels per frame.

By comparison, high-definition TV broadcasts and Blu-ray Discs are made from scans of 2.2 million pixels per frame. In other words, 4K images have four times as much detail and resolution as HD or Blu-ray.

Alebrije

Last ones to complete collection :

1358817166_img_0222.jpg

BF109G :

1358817261_img_0225.jpg

VW TYPE 82 :

1358817476_img_0229.jpg

1358817464_img_0228.jpg

All parts fit , just need to be assembled no need glue or other material , front tires have their own suspension and you can move them with the steere wheele, you can open and close doors and front hood.

Something I got for my new iPhone 5.

Thing is beauty too look at. I have the iPhone 5 in there, with my drivers license in the back slot and have 4 cards in the front. I'm sure I can squeeze in couple more as time goes on.

This thing is hand crafted. The leather is supposed to be aged and should give it a more washed out look. It costed me around $50 with shipping.

I placed the order on Jan 14 and I have it in my hand today. That is pretty fast considering it is being shipped all the way from Romania to Canada. However some people I looked up online over other forums had a delivery time of 3 weeks to a month.

I got the duo which has two slots on either sides for cards or cash. Here is the link.
http://www.atelierpall.com/products/iphone-leather-wallet-duo-old-burgundy.html

8403216533_4c985a9364_z.jpg

8404308736_21b9a44aa9_z.jpg

8403215251_f8bf76c29f_z.jpg

8403214693_bc4f2d85d6_z.jpg

8403214235_b5dff4e6c7_z.jpg

8404304574_da80d82b16_z.jpg

8404303894_7830aebabd_z.jpg

8404317514_38a425455d_z.jpg

Let me know if you guys have any questions or need some high resolution pictures :)

EDIT: Just to post something on what I've researched before I made the purchase, I did look into other wallet type of cases but most of them seem to be like the ones where the phone is clipped in or has to be inside the case. So every time when you're at home and want to use your phone, you will have to carry the whole wallet with you, like perhaps the BookBook case from Twelve South which I found is unnecessary. This seem to be a better solution because it is much easier to take it out since it is just a sleeve.

cvxfreak

Thanks for the compliments! I'm beginning to warm up to it more and more.

Still, that's only about 70% of my Resident Evil collection. I still have a bunch back in the U.S. (I live in Tokyo), which I hope to bring over to Japan in the near future. I'll need to buy a second shelf
and move into a bigger place
at that point, though. :p

cvxfreak did you buy that jacket edition of re6

Yup! Was thinking of putting a hook on the side of the shelf and hanging it, but I figured that was way too tacky even for something like this.

randomkid

I had to spend like half an hour sifting through an absolutely gross-feeling basement section of an import shop surrounded by fat nerds, questionable comic books and the worst art Japan has had to offer from the last decade to uncover these hidden gems.

img_20130121_230446blsxg.jpg

They're both wonderful, check the links to peek inside.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEN-CHIHIRO...AN-ART-BOOK-Studio-Ghibli-Anime-/230854299281
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yoshitaka-A...684?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item484c5d4aa4

Based on the prices, apparently I made out like a bandit.

Cfh123

Where did you get your poster framed? I got lot's of posters and been wanting to frame em.

Just at a local framing shop.

Poster - $7, shipping - $12, frame - $100.

In my experience if I just tape the poster to the wall it will eventually get damaged whereas if I frame it, it will last forever as long as it stays out of direct sunlight.

Xamdou

Just at a local framing shop.

Poster - $7, shipping - $12, frame - $100.

In my experience if I just tape the poster to the wall it will eventually get damaged whereas if I frame it, it will last forever as long as it stays out of direct sunlight.

Thanks for the quick reply, now I have to search for some local framing shop of my own!

Anth0ny

HOLY FUCKING CRAP indeed CVXFreak! Very cool, love the tape around the edges.

I got myself a new glass-door cabinet (Detolf from IKEA for those interested) and moved my Zelda collection from above my TV to the cabinet. I'm still contemplating what to put over my TV now, I'm thinking my Mother collection, but that's not nearly as big as my Zelda one, so I might have to put something else there as well.

Fl5UJ8j.jpg

close-ups:

http://i.imgur.com/E85YrhZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3Yze83S.jpg

I am not worthy.

Finally bought a shelf for my Resident Evil collection. Too bad it's not big enough, as evidenced by how I actually have put the games on the shelf... :|

O_________________________O

clear31

^^^^

that looks to be more orange metallic, i dunno could be the pic. Just looks a bit diff from the other guys orange

dc89

A late post, stuff I got for Christmas and shortly after.

cXDyGadl.jpg

Kindle Paperwhite - my first e-Reader. I <3 it.

Z8pTqBFl.jpg

My GF is a big Mario fan so I bought her NSMB2 for Christmas! I've included it because she uses my 3DS and I'll play it too :p

kaD2876l.jpg

Bought both of these in the sales! Max Payne was £13 - enjoying it so far.

jf1vGcRl.jpg

Got those three in the Blockbuster sale. Buy 3 and get an extra 10% off was neat, I'm not too fussed about Batman being ex-rental.

Not planing to buy anything else this month, so here it goes:

My old Plantronics headset finally died after much abuse over the years. It was a great headset for the money but this time I decided to step-up a bit.

I also heard these have a great price/quality ratio so I decided to go with them. I only hope they last half as long as my old ones. Will try them with Lumines since it was 9 pounds on Amazon.

Not pictured, got 8GB of RAM and a bigger HDD for my "old" MacBook Pro 7,1.

And also got a pair of very comfy boots.
No more walking with office shoes on the snow!!

Saroyan

Todays pickups

Ni No Kuni with the Gamestop steel book, and the 32GB card I ordered from Sony a couple days after christmas finally showed up.

And a nice score that I'm pretty happy about, I just got home from picking up 3 Sony RGB monitors. From top to bottom they are PVM-1954Q, PVM-20M2U and a BVM-20F1U. I should be just about set for life on retro gaming displays now, hehe. I usually wouldn't mention it, but I have to brag about the price since I got all 3 for $7.00 :)

Now I just need to find RGB cables for my old consoles.

The cabinets have a few light scratches from being stacked with other components and there is some sticker residue, I assume they were removed from some production studio.

canocha

Got a few things...

The Legend of Zelda Manga Box:
9nte2yP.jpg

Shenmue 2 (I had to re-buy it... i sold my copy a few years ago)
gaWrolU.jpg

Golden Sun Trilogy:
ebObBsd.jpg

Boktai 2 and Metroid Zero Mission:
K6ppuFf.jpg

Rayman Origins and Metal Gear Solid 3DS:
6PQVXA3.jpg

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin:
FEsww8W.jpg

Top Bottom