• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year!)!

NFreak

$130, gotta say that was quite a deal, but I was waiting for something like this since I started collecting otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. :p

I got my complete copy off of Ebay a few years ago for about 20 dollars more. I think I got fairly lucky finding it because it was a recently listed buy it now but the game still has really gone up in price since then.

My SNES haul for the last week and a half (or so). Probably paid too much for Super Metroid, but when I decided to increase my SNES collection, that and the DKC games were at the top of my list.

CdiIOMH.jpg

Also picked up a few more N64 titles, to add to the ones I got last week (and posted here).
Plus, Shadows of the Damned and a PS1 I picked up at a pawn shop. No box, but it's absolutely flawless. Not even a speck of dirt on the thing. Couldn't believe I got a used console and I didn't have to clean it.

4VBPYrK.jpg

And finally these 2 games. Been meaning to pick them up for a long time.

bM7j7an.jpg

Iacobellis

My SNES haul for the last week and a half (or so). Probably paid too much for Super Metroid, but when I decided to increase my SNES collection, that and the DKC games were at the top of my list.

Also picked up a few more N64 titles, to add to the ones I got last week (and posted here).
Plus, Shadows of the Damned and a PS1 I picked up at a pawn shop. No box, but it's absolutely flawless. Not even a speck of dirt on the thing. Couldn't believe I got a used console and I didn't have to clean it.

4VBPYrK.jpg

And finally these 2 games. Been meaning to pick them up for a long time.

RR64, my childhood. That and Beetle Adventure Racing!.

Saroyan

Pickups for January so far

Got some new drivers for my Sennheiser HD580 headphones. The left side was cutting out on me, they sound awesome, and are effectively HD650's now :)

And I got some games. I already had Ar Tonelico Qoga, but I wanted to leave the big collector box sealed so I imported a UK copy to actually play. Ended up grabbing Arcana Heart 3 as long as I was making an order from the UK.

LadyRiven

Ordered the signed edition from Nucleus as well after recommendation from a guy on Amazon (Amazon fucked my order up).

Can't wait to get my hands on it!

It's incredible. You are gonna loooove it. :) Looks like it got delayed until February on Amazon, too, so you'll get it earlier than everyone else!

sikkinixx

8396132467_797ce86980_c.jpg

Found this guy on ebay for $60. Disc looks like it has never been out of the case, and still had Club Nintendo points up for grabs. Grooovy.

8397214688_df70e0e5b6_c.jpg

Found a soft spot for this 60's (apparently...) clock. Glass is missing but aged pretty cool. Just gotta try to get it working again, sounds like the motor is a bit stuck. And yeah... I need to move it over, it's a lot bigger than my last clock so it's off centre on the wall.

8397214688_df70e0e5b6_c.jpg

Found a soft spot for this 60's (apparently...) clock. Glass is missing but aged pretty cool. Just gotta try to get it working again, sounds like the motor is a bit stuck. And yeah... I need to move it over, it's a lot bigger than my last clock so it's off centre on the wall.

love that clock. I wish more pick-ups were as cool as this.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Pardon the Instagram filters.

130d7b1859af11e2bec722000a1f8c33_7.jpg

New TV. New Kitten.

3b22743c5f8611e2ab3b22000a9f14cb_7.jpg

Wall Mounted.

b678c398626f11e2b46022000a1fb37a_7.jpg

New Controllers.

640ca31e54f411e29edf22000a1e9a73_7.jpg

New Vita!

I've awaited this for YEARS and it finally came to Blu-ray and I got around to purchasing it today.
It had been a long time since I had seen it but couldn't help but be reminded of Uncharted 3 when seeing some of the desert scenes. I wouldn't be surprised to find out it was of some inspiration to Naughty Dog.

pln9cUml.jpg

Also it has a reversible cover, which you can see since I reversed it. The original cover is the same as the slip case.

I'd love to get the alt cover in some kind of artwork to hang on the wall.

Sorry for the shitty 3DS pic, but I'm excited about this:

2013-01-19%2010.20.42.jpg

Friend came over and gave me her Drakengard 2 art book before leaving. I've been wanting it ever since she bought it years ago and showed me. Her parting with it was shocking and unexpected; I still can't believe it.

We've made so many memories together with this series, so it means a lot to me that she gave it to me--especially since I know she loves it.

I pretty much have the art books I want the most now: Baten Kaitos and Drakengard 2. Next would be the Fire Emblem: Awakening one.

Got £200 John Lewis vouchers from work for no sick days last year so decided to jump on an iPad Mini. I already have an Asus Transformer so the iPad wil be mostly for work (Legal IT).

Dredd is the best film I've seen in ages and everyone should buy it.

avsY0GW.jpg

Kainazzo

Haven't bought any games for it since 2007, but seeing all those Saturn threads got me interested in the system again:
qMlaZpX.jpg

Sakura Wars 2, Grandia, Bulk Slash, Magical School Lunar, and Cotton Boomerang!

My Japanese isn't yet up to snuff for the likes of RPGs, but I played the original Sakura Wars with a printed translation packet years ago, and heard good things about the sequel. At least, those online reviews from 2000 sure did rave about it. I've only dug into Bulk Slash so far, and it's a glorious hidden gem. Had I known what the Saturn truly had on offer, I probably would've skipped the rest of the generation. It's a system that keeps on giving!

Magical School is the only one I'm antsy about. On the surface it looks like it's for a younger audience than I or II, but since it's made by the same people, it ought to be fun. Right?

Speaking of Lunar:
ASgkiGv.jpg

To my knowledge this only has Sega CD art in it. Despite these pickups, I'm honestly not much of an anime fan. There's just something about the '90s-style-with-markers' look that I can't get enough of, and this is full of that.

Lastly, this finally came in:
sIhs7Zj.jpg

Been trying to nab one for months and finally got one through a random draw. If you've been eying one, it's totally worth the wait. As a huge fan of Demon's Crest, King of Demons would've snapped my spine with joy as a kid.

zmet

Umihara Kawase(loose) and Journey Original Soundtrack
jp92.jpg

DonPachi(used) and Zero Wing(new)
jp93.jpg

Daimajin Triple Feature
jp94.jpg

CdiIOMH.jpg

How much for Metroid? I got one in better condition than that (not perfect) but very good and wanted to know the pricing on it...

Xtincthed

Neo Member
awaiting this in the mail after picking it up today
tekken3.jpg

I allready had this one, but I bought it to have some trade materials.. Since I'm still looking for the Tekken 2 commemorative disc

In case you don't know these games, they were released to celebrate a certain event in the Playstation 1 / 2 era. There are, as far as known, 6 different commemorative discs:
Tekken 2
Tekken 3
Gran Turismo
Rapid Racer
The Getaway
Hardware Online Arena

You can see some of them here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O5lQ6MpX_c (close up at 1 minute)

entremet

jup, and the prices are going crazy (which is why I bought some of the rare ones that I wanted asap)

Kinda regret giving away my games now lol.

I had:
Super Mario World
Super Mario All Stars standalone
Super Metroid
Mega Man X2
Super Street Fighter II
Star Fox
Yoshi's Island

eXistor

HOLY FUCKING CRAP indeed CVXFreak! Very cool, love the tape around the edges.

I got myself a new glass-door cabinet (Detolf from IKEA for those interested) and moved my Zelda collection from above my TV to the cabinet. I'm still contemplating what to put over my TV now, I'm thinking my Mother collection, but that's not nearly as big as my Zelda one, so I might have to put something else there as well.

Fl5UJ8j.jpg

close-ups:

http://i.imgur.com/E85YrhZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3Yze83S.jpg

20cent

Banned
sIhs7Zj.jpg

Been trying to nab one for months and finally got one through a random draw. If you've been eying one, it's totally worth the wait. As a huge fan of Demon's Crest, King of Demons would've snapped my spine with joy as a kid.

Nice! Didn't know such thing existed.

Wait, they really sell this $259?

I've awaited this for YEARS and it finally came to Blu-ray and I got around to purchasing it today.
It had been a long time since I had seen it but couldn't help but be reminded of Uncharted 3 when seeing some of the desert scenes. I wouldn't be surprised to find out it was of some inspiration to Naughty Dog.

pln9cUml.jpg

Also it has a reversible cover, which you can see since I reversed it. The original cover is the same as the slip case.

I'd love to get the alt cover in some kind of artwork to hang on the wall.

It finally came out on Blu-ray? If I recall, wasn't that shown of when Blu-ray was first announced. I wonder why it took them 6 years to release it.

How much for Metroid? I got one in better condition than that (not perfect) but very good and wanted to know the pricing on it...
80 bucks. I knew it was too much, but I said fuck it. I really wanted it so I splurged on that one item. Nothing else I bought even approached that price point, but I really wanted a boxed copy of SM.

80 bucks. I knew it was too much, but I said fuck it. I really wanted it so I splurged on that one item. Nothing else I bought even approached that price point, but I really wanted a boxed copy of SM.

Cheers mate - i got it for $10USD so pretty chuffed about that! everything was still in its shrink wrap inside...

GulAtiCa

I bought some new systems/games on eBay this month. Including a Halo themed Xbox with a whole bunch of games. A Sega CD with Sonic CD. Atari 2600 with the games shown (Pac-Man 4K was a homebrew game I bought that actually plays Pac-Man like it's on the arcade instead of the horrible other version). And lastly, I bought EarthBound. Sold some items on eBay and decided to go a little bigger for my video game collection.

bitoriginal

sIhs7Zj.jpg

Nice. I'm gonna grab one of these when I get the chance/money. I've got a Mega Everdrive and love it.

I bought some new systems/games on eBay this month. Including a Halo themed Xbox with a whole bunch of games. A Sega CD with Sonic CD. Atari 2600 with the games shown (Pac-Man 4K was a homebrew game I bought that actually plays Pac-Man like it's on the arcade instead of the horrible other version). And lastly, I bought EarthBound. Sold some items on eBay and decided to go a little bigger for my video game collection.

whats up with the napkins? just curious

Kainazzo

Wait, they really sell this $259?

It's definitely pricey, but works great. I've seen other SNES flash carts for as low as $90, but the SD2SNES plays things that no other one can, including Mega Man X2/3 and Satellaview games. It's also booted every modded game I've thrown at it, even a few that didn't play in bsnes.

I'd say it's excellent if you're really into the system, but you can definitely find cheaper ones so long as you don't mind being locked out of games that use enhancement chips.

Top Bottom