• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year!)!

maverick40

MkPAH.gif

Etzer

Got these today (hurray for free 2-day shipping!):

Brainwavz R1

VYOXX.jpg

Great soundstage, enough bass for my liking and the highs aren't as harsh as on the much more expensive Brainwavz B2. Best $24 I've ever spent on earphones. Even if I'd have gotten them at full price ($50), I'd be happy with the purchase.

On a gaming related note, I pre-ordered Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. It, and eventually Ni no Kuni, will be my first PS3 purchases in a while.

Geoff9920

Unfortunately I do not have any pictures yet as the orders are still shipping / processing but...

Hifiman HE-500
Schiit Asgard
Schiit Bifrost

I'll be running a stereo signal via optical into the Bifrost DAC for gaming / music on my PC.
3AQmK.gif

Yes Boss!

Catching up on some Wii games I missed last year. (Very excited XSEED is doing Pandora, too):

1F5737C8-D01A-432C-A9CC-490168CF3BB4-6583-000007F2C6686238.jpg

And got myself a one-slot MVS for the cabinets:

B57E0AA5-3251-4F66-A0AD-A9944F93F8ED-6583-000007F2CACE7A6A.jpg

DTJAAAAM

Got Shin Sangoku Musou MultiRaid 2 HD Version (AKA Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce 2) when Play-Asia had it on sale, and it just arrived:

vQSPYD1.jpg

jbueno

Hey Yes Boss, that´s a MV-1A board right? Should be easy enough to install Unibios on that board if you decide to, if it doesn´t have it already. Nice pickups by the way!

Yes Boss!

Hey Yes Boss, that´s a MV-1A board right? Should be easy enough to install Unibios on that board if you decide to, if it doesn´t have it already. Nice pickups by the way!

Yeah, says MV1A.

There were a bunch and I just kinda picked this one not knowing which one to go for. Don't think it has it already since I got this one form HK.

outsidah

At long last, my Nexus 4. Barely miss LTE.. barely...

Not knocking your purchase at all since I crave the N4 but..... LTE is quite lovely. It's nice being able to stream videos at high quality and access content quickly. Time is valuable. Now where is my LTE N4...

Saroyan

And got myself a one-slot MVS for the cabinets:

Nice pickup there, I see the newer one slot variants and it makes me want to get one. I have the original MV-1 which is frackin huge and I have it setup in a wood box that I made years ago, but the box is huge too because of how big the board is. Would be nice to have one of the smaller ones to consolize.

I've been meaning to get a unibios for my board too, I might have to look into doing that now that jbueno reminded me of it.

LadyRiven

tNVCieD.jpg

sHTiJnh.jpg

Signed by Chris Metzen, Wei Wang, Nick Carpenter, Glenn Rane, L.D. Austin and Tyson "Murph" Murphy. A little bit disappointed that Samwise wasn't at the event to sign, but an auto from Metzen alone made it worth it to me. :)

As much as I wanted to save myself $40 by getting this from Amazon, when I saw that I could score a signed copy from Gallery Nucleus, I went ahead and paid full retail price.

This book is gorgeous and absolutely friggin' ENORMOUS (it has 376 pages and weighs 8lbs). If you're a Blizzard fan, it's worth every cent, especially if you pay the Amazon price.

Flek

Banned
i wish i hat time for ni no kuni :( kids kinda ruin the rpg time ... but damn i could still order the wizard edition :( :(

XOF

Neo Member
I picked up three of the four Play Arts AI weapons just recently to go with my ever-expanding Metal Gear collection. Apologies for the crappy photos!

The framed picture above them is a copy of The Boss's headstone, but it's kinda difficult to see.

Seik

Banned
I finally have a copy of Earthbound, its only been an hour since I'm in this game and I already took a shot to make a bead-art and took some time later to make it. I like it so far. :p

Thank you, Timo! :D

5ATIWZ6.jpg

LiK

I finally have a copy of Earthbound, its only been an hour since I'm in this game and I already took a shot to make a bead-art and took some time later to make it. I like it so far. :p

Thank you, Timo! :D

5ATIWZ6.jpg

How much??

Addnan

The way you have taken that picture makes the RAM look about 3x as long as it should, I had to do a double take.
You got me kinda scared lol. Found a spare DD3 stick to compare :p The thing is very low profile and so it looks out of proportion.

The exact same case that I have! Hope yours didn't arrive some of the optical drive bay mesh bent inwards..

Awesome! My one doesn't seem to have any problem on the drive bay.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
First issue of a new gaming magazine and an iPhone I got for Christmas.

zs0R3Y6.jpg

And I finally bought a lamp for my figures

oNyKN2C.jpg

Still have to deal with the cable though.

LiK

$130, gotta say that was quite a deal, but I was waiting for something like this since I started collecting otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. :p

great deal

I got mine through bambaland which includes MGS4 Snake and a limited poster, but other retailers have just the Rex. I know sideshow has a wait list, but there's other retailers selling it as well.

Here's two quick pics:

JoP1QUV.jpg

wDeQEoQ.jpg

fuuucckkk, looks so awesome. can't wait for mine.

NMFried

Well this my first pick-up post/first NeoGAF post ever so here's some of the things I've picked up over the last month. For some context, I'm a full time student and work at a mom & pop retro game shop in the North Texas area.

DREDD on Blu-Ray at a steal for $15 at a shop close by.
AoX7LQD.png

LBP, Mortal Kombat, PSASBR, and Touch My Katamari for the Vita.
Far Cry 3 (Simply amazing, easily the best game I've played that came out last year)
Transformers Fall of Cybertron
vCMCZ3K.png

Pokemon Black 2 & Paper Mario Sticker Star, both of which I have yet to get into, but have some high hopes for.
uM9zbwL.png

Some random backlog and collection stuff from the shop I work at.
Custom Robo and Wind Waker for Gamecube.
DK Jungle Climber and Jump Ultimate Stars for the DS.
DBZ Buu's Fury and Pokemon FireRed.
r5hM7DO.png

And finally, the king of my pickups for the month, a Crosley portable turntable, with both Matt & Kim's and Kanye's sophomore albums to compliment.
zwr0iF9.png
0vuKwkE.png
K05AlRi.png

Top Bottom