• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

kanugo

I'm preparing myself to start reading Ice and Fire next week. So, here it is, Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin:
dsc04198f.jpg

The_Monk

Yes kiiji the movie came out for a while but the blu-ray version came out just this week.

If you liked the book then go ahead but expect less details in the story ;)

BearChair said:
Where did he find it, are there more like this?

He bought it at a local comic store but I've seen Godzilla figures at Toysrus as well. Other figures in the line include Final Wars Godzilla, Mechagodzilla, Mothra, and Destroyah.

Picked up some more PS3 games on Sale. Obviously FO:NV was $10. Castlevania was $29 and Oblivion was $14 at Target.

edit: And I bought a bunch of clear cases to replace the ugly red ones on the PS3 greatest hits games.

e17c2403.jpg

Goidil

The_Monk said:
Yes kiiji the movie came out for a while but the blu-ray version came out just this week.

If you liked the book then go ahead but expect less details in the story ;)

Expect a very boring movie...

FireCloud

Desmond said:
This little gem finally arrived in the post. Play.com are slower then amazon:( Never seen it before too.

Photo0396.jpg

edit: eww that picture did not come out well

Hard to pick a favorite Studio Ghibli/Miazaki movie. But this one would be right up at the top of the list with Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro!

You said you haven't seen it before. You're in for a treat. Please let me know how the Blu-ray transfer is. I have most Studio Ghibli movies released in the US on DVD except for Ponyo on Blu-ray. I'm definitely considering upgrading my collection!

FireCloud said:
Hard to pick a favorite Studio Ghibli/Miazaki movie. But this one would be right up at the top of the list with Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro!

You said you haven't seen it before. You're in for a treat. Please let me know how the Blu-ray transfer is. I have most Studio Ghibli movies released in the US on DVD except for Ponyo on Blu-ray. I'm definitely considering upgrading my collection!

Are the BluRay releases good?

Edit, ah you said DVD.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good stuff FloppyDelux :D

Risette

A Good Citizen
FireCloud said:
Both Nausicaa and Laputa have some noticable DNR applied on the UK/AUS/Region B releases. The Japanese releases however, are quite grainy (as they should be, being shot on film and all.)

US BD release of Nausicaa is great too, pretty much identical to the JP release save for some very very subtle softening. Laputa isn't out on Blu-ray in the US yet though.

Desmond

FireCloud said:

I just watched this tonight. Really enjoyed it, though its not my favourite. The transfer was gorgeous, the colours were vibrant. I haven't compared it with the DVD but I assume the difference is noticeable.

Yes Boss!

Bought my first book on my Kindle! One of the few Petroskis I've not read yet. Totally impressed with the device. As a lifelong reader I have been somewhat skeptical of e-Ink reading but that all melted away as I was reading through Fordlandia over my vacation. Added bonus: my twin brother linked his 50+ purchased-book account to my Kindle which gives me content for a few years. Planning to add some Nabokov shortly!

1f62f406.jpg

Panda Rin

Picked up a good amount of PS3 games after picking up the system last week. Really excited to play through all of them.

IMG_0052.jpg

Also got the Infamous 2 Hero Edition from GS for $60 :)

IMG_0050.jpg

Buttons

Alligatorjandro said:
Bought all of this for around $20

How cool. Enjoy Wind Waker. ^_^/ Now I really want to play it again hehe. And I must say, I still like the design of the gamecube, such a cool console.
Btw, whats wrong with Majora's Mask on the collector's disk? I have it as well but have never played MM. :eek:

Buttons said:
How cool. Enjoy Wind Waker. ^_^/ Now I really want to play it again hehe. And I must say, I still like the design of the gamecube, such a cool console.
Btw, whats wrong with Majora's Mask on the collector's disk? I have it as well but have never played MM. :eek:

It can be glitchy, with the worst symptom being a corrupted save file. If you're 75% of the way through the game and your save gets corrupted, you will rage. You will rage HARD.

Buttons

AbsoluteZero said:
It can be glitchy, with the worst symptom being a corrupted save file. If you're 75% of the way through the game and your save gets corrupted, you will rage. You will rage HARD.

Ouch, I see. :eek: Think I'll give WindWaker a go again instead, absolutely loved that game. :D Hopefully I'll be able to post a pick-up again next week, currently waiting on 2 packages. :)

07-07-2011.jpg

Decided to go to a Goodwill and came across this Cilvaringz' CD. It was also sealed and they were selling it for a dollar. Haven't listened to it yet tho.

Gvaz

Banned
AbsoluteZero said:
You mean Master Quest.

That disk only has OoT and Oot: Master Quest

There is a whole other disk that has Majora's Mask that didn't come with the Wind Waker preorder. I know because I got the fucking thing months after wind waker.

Riptwo

Vyrance said:

Or for those early/lucky enough, mondotees.com was the first stop for those prints. Last time I checked, the eBay prices on the Kill Bill prints had started to level out, with variants going for $500ish instead of $800ish and standard editions in the $200-300 range.

Gvaz said:
You mean Master Quest.

There is a whole other disk that has Majora's Mask that didn't come with the Wind Waker preorder. I know because I got the fucking thing months after wind waker.

So Master quest is glitchy?

imoTEP12

kanugo said:
I'm preparing myself to start reading Ice and Fire next week. So, here it is, Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin:
dsc04198f.jpg

i enjoyed it quite a bit, Fevre Dream that is not ice and fire

Gvaz said:
You mean Master Quest.

Oh, I didn't realize there was another collector's disc floating about.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
celcius said:
Where and how much?

im in holland, but basically any store should carry it, i paid €300 but you can get em for around 250 if you are lucky, if you want them be fast cause they are getting replaced with a Z906 set (inferior imo).

Acrylic7

Super cheap used at a Thrift store, nice art work in both books, especially the FF book. The movie was crap I'm pretty sure. But the concept art that went into it was amazing.

DSC00480.jpg

The fools, I would gave them $10000 for this FF9 art book, it was $16
Need sharpies for more controllers, and the Biggie cd is self explanatory. "sipping on booze in the house of blues"

DSC00481.jpg

Wu-Tang shirt. It was kinda random as hell at my Best Buy. They had never sold shirts before.

DSC00483.jpg

tiprun

LiK said:
AWESOME. where'd you get that?

I got it from eBay, set me back a little, but it's so hard to find any official Silent Hill merchandise.

It's an official Konami licensed resin garage kit that was put out by a company called Nightmare Models.

Built my first computer :)

23wn0ut.jpg

f20wtc.jpg

Spec are:

AMD Phenom 2 x4 945 Quad Core with L3 cache
4 gigs DDR 3 ram
1TB HDD
HD 6870 (This card is huge, it barely fit)

Top Bottom