• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

First time in more than 2 years I'm posting something here!

Crappy picture but well, can't do anything about it for now.

dsc00067ha.jpg

For the beginning of July at least, Tales of the Abyss 3DS and Rewrite Limited First Print Edition.

isny

napkin dispenser
FireCloud said:
Hard to pick a favorite Studio Ghibli/Miazaki movie. But this one would be right up at the top of the list with Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro!

You said you haven't seen it before. You're in for a treat. Please let me know how the Blu-ray transfer is. I have most Studio Ghibli movies released in the US on DVD except for Ponyo on Blu-ray. I'm definitely considering upgrading my collection!

I personally think the transfer looked amazong on Laputa. Anything from the 80's that looks as good as Laputa does is always nice =D

My pick ups over the past week.

CD and Blu Ray were around $6 each through various sales. Oswald was from Disney Movie Rewards.

2nsm4ja.jpg

2qnmnna.jpg

ymmv

Banned
Fjordson said:
Some random stuff. Nothing really gaming-related lately, except for Vampire: The Masquerade (amazing game) but I'm not on my main Steam PC.

8UzbF.jpg

Can't wait to read that, though it'll have to wait until after Dance With Dragons.

Jack Vance! Sir, I applaud you for your exquisite taste. Every SF/fantasy fan shoudl have read his Tales of the Dying Earth. (Plus the Lyonesse books, the Demon Princes quintet, To Live Forever, etc etc.)

Number45

Wolf Akela said:
Aww yeahhh

Too bad I have to download like a MILLION updates. :(
You only need to DL the FW once, it'll take you straight to the latest version.

There'll be a patch for a few of those games though.

ArchAngel

- AKB48 ga Ippai (BluRays) + preorder folder
- AKB48 album: koko ni ita koto (FPLE)
- Red Faction Armageddon Blabla Edition
- some BDs

jul11-01.jpg

jul11-02.jpg

jul11-03.jpg

jul11-04.jpg

LulaBrasi

So, after having posted in the July pick-up thread for 2010, i better make it right and post the original post here... god damn it :D

So, my first post on Neogaf, better make it count.

Beware, it is Iphone 3gs pics, in low light condition and resized in paint, so quality wise, it aint something to brag about :D

First of, the freebies from my former workplace, which unfortunately closed down in june:

This thing for paper and notes, i have no idea what it is called in english, in danish it is an "opslagstavle".
aqJLr.jpg

A HP all-in-one series 2100 something and and old ass PC, which i am hoping is upgradeable to an Intel core2duo e6550 or something like that, right now it has a Pentium D915 2.8Ghz cpu and somekind of MSI socket 775 motherboard... I will look into that later.
a05ag.jpg

Then we have this old ass weight, i have no idea what to use it for but it is cool ass hell. Right know it is serving me as a shelves for my favorite dvd's, but maybe it will be put to better use later... It works and all so i can easily weigh something for you :D
MZaNL.jpg

Next, we got 2 chiliplants. My father is going crazy inside his greenhouse, so he has to give away some of his plants if i wants room for himself in there
sN8o0.jpg

Now the things which i payed for...

Some vinyls. I have no idea what the music is about, i buy them mainly for there covers. Lol @ The Hues Corporation, why is everything brown? Now this has nothing to do with racism, but why on earth would 3 african(americans) choose brown for the visual theme? Everything is just brown. The picture actually makes it look like there is some colour, but irl, it is just brown...
bieBK.jpg

This one just looks cool and the title is awesome
ZyTYO.jpg

A cheap Microsoft keyboard
eTIBB.jpg

Aaaaaaand finally, Half-Life Generation... Not mint, but still AWESOME!
fvgjW.jpg

nPr7N.jpg

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Uh, what's wrong with the brown? Considering the years the Hughes Corporation performed, it's not too uncommon..

LulaBrasi said:
So, after having posted in the July pick-up thread for 2010, i better make it right and post the original post here... god damn it :D

So, my first post on Neogaf, better make it count.

Beware, it is Iphone 3gs pics, in low light condition and resized in paint, so quality wise, it aint something to brag about :D

First of, the freebies from my former workplace, which unfortunately closed down in june:

This thing for paper and notes, i have no idea what it is called in english, in danish it is an "opslagstavle".
aqJLr.jpg

cork board. note board. bulletin board. all would be ok. cork if that's the material name, like in a wine bottle.

LulaBrasi said:
This one just looks cool and the title is awesome
ZyTYO.jpg

Great album.

Also there is a famous spoof of this album cover, Pat Cooper's Spaghetti Sauce and Other Delights. My dad had both when i was a kid.

LulaBrasi

DrFunk said:
Uh, what's wrong with the brown? Considering the years the Hughes Corporation performed, it's not too uncommon..

There is not anything wrong with all that brown per say, it just strikes me that everything is so dark that it all blends together in a big brown blur... love the cover though, it is awesome. Keep in mind that i don't even know what kind of music this is, i do not have a recordplayer, so i have no background info at all :)

bigwinnerx said:
cork board. note board. bulletin board. all would be ok. cork if that's the material name, like in a wine bottle.

Thanks for clearing that up... This is added to my vocabulary in 3... 2... 1... done :)

Seik

Banned
After waiting, and waiting, and WAITING for the damn Canada Post Lock-Out. I finally got my stuff this week! ^_^

(Sorry for the shitty Ipod quality, ain't got nothing else for the moment...)

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

3 more packages to go and I will finally have all I my orders. Now what I bought here:

IMG_0219.jpg

Last and not the least, a big-ass 47'' LG HDTV, God I'm happy with the switch, the TV I had just before was an 32'' EMERSON...No needs to say the image quality and contrast were poor as shit.
IMG_0215.jpg

Aguirre

moop2000 said:
Time to go fuck some zombies up!
Hell yeah!

Here's my last one. 233k miles on the clock. You'd think it had been through an apocalypse of sorts!! Yes that's gum holding the front lights in!!

B2VwZ.jpg

a6neB.jpg

Bazhard

Banned
This is my pickups from the past week, i picked up all the LE PSP games at GS for 29.99 each, sadly almost every single one was OPEN and ys seven box is in pretty bad shape, got the slime plush from GS rewards and the 2 ps1 games are sealed.

bJscC.jpg

Decided to sell my 3DS since i have had it since launch and no games are out that i really care about nor are any coming out this year, so i took the money and put it aside for the "lite" version, picked up the PSP at BB since i had a $100 gift card from my birthday.

How i missed out on the PSP i have no idea, never caught my eye till i was talking JRPG's with a friend and he told me about how the ys series is on it and lunar and all these other great jrpgs so i bought it.

Monthly gaming budget is pretty much shot now, unless i find something at the flea market tomorrow then ill just have to spend money i dont have.

mblitek

Aguirre said:
Hell yeah!

Here's my last one. 233k miles on the clock. You'd think it had been through an apocalypse of sorts!! Yes that's gum holding the front lights in!!

I am jealous of your past and present Rovers. None of this poser crap! I've been stalking ebay and my local autotrader.ca for years looking for a great example :)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Aguirre said:
Hell yeah!

B2VwZ.jpg
What are those flaps under the windshield wipers?

mr_toa

Bazhard said:
How i missed out on the PSP i have no idea, never caught my eye till i was talking JRPG's with a friend and he told me about how the ys series is on it and lunar and all these other great jrpgs so i bought it.

Nice pickup - 'bout time :-D

Bazhard

Banned
mr_toa said:
Nice pickup - 'bout time :-D
I am blown away by the PSP, i am completely addicted to Ys Oath and Lunar right now, the first PSP i picked up a few days ago had a dead pixel so i had to return it to best buy only to find out it was the last bundle they had to i had to truck it to another best buy 20 minutes out.

Totally worth it.

Bazhard said:
This is my pickups from the past week, i picked up all the LE PSP games at GS for 29.99 each, sadly almost every single one was OPEN and ys seven box is in pretty bad shape, got the slime plush from GS rewards and the 2 ps1 games are sealed.

bJscC.jpg

Decided to sell my 3DS since i have had it since launch and no games are out that i really care about nor are any coming out this year, so i took the money and put it aside for the "lite" version, picked up the PSP at BB since i had a $100 gift card from my birthday.

Monthly gaming budget is pretty much shot now, unless i find something at the flea market tomorrow then ill just have to spend money i dont have.

You, sir, have good taste. I would also recommend Trails in the Sky as a good classic RPG. No Lunar, but pretty good.

Aguirre

Bad_Boy said:
What are those flaps under the windshield wipers?

That, my friend, is vents. Land Rovers version of Air Con. Great at high speeds, lets in a fine breeze!

mblitek said:
I am jealous of your past and present Rovers. None of this poser crap! I've been stalking ebay and my local autotrader.ca for years looking for a great example :)

Thank you! I know that Defenders are harder to find where you are, mainly due to the strict regulations over safety you guys have. However, if you come across one that isn't showroom condition, but isn't a total wreck either, go for it. Parts are dirt cheap and everything is held together with bolts, screws and rivets.

I need a Defender for work. Also, they have a towing capacity of 3500kg, yet they're only powered by a small 2.5 straight four turbo diesel! I did have an old Toyota Land Cruiser 4.2 Turbo, but jeez it was very thirsty on fuel.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Aguirre said:
That, my friend, is vents. Land Rovers version of Air Con. Great at high speeds, lets in a fine breeze!
Thats pretty nifty, wish my FJ had something like those.

ymmv

Banned
This is all the stuff I got in the past six weeks or so. Of note is the Xbox 360 controller for Windows which means I've now joined the master race. (Well, asl long as master race games feature controller controls because I'm not going to play games on my comfy couch with a keyboard and mouse. Besides that, I'm not a big fan of first person shooters and realtime strategey games, I avoid them most of the time, so the PS3 will remain my main console. The Wii, 360 and PC are side dishes.)

games1.jpg

games2.jpg

music-1.jpg

dvd2.jpg

books1.jpg

dvd1.jpg

comics2-1.jpg

comics1-1.jpg

books2.jpg

bob page

This isn't really a gaming pickup, but it's the largest pickup of my life so far so I'm pretty proud of it. I graduated last December and just moved to NYC last week, finally getting my own place and 100% independent. Here's my new place:

gTF6e.jpg

mhDPk.jpg

jGcgq.jpg

Manp

LulaBrasi said:

dude i thought i was going crazy lol, i was sure i posted something after your wall of pics but i couldn't find my post

:)

Sylver

Banned
SlXDq.jpg

Naruto Shippuden 3D The New Era
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Dead Or Alive Dimensions
Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
Zelda's Promo Gold Box Spanish Version (Spine triangle is pink)
Zelda's Promo Gold Box English Version (Spine triangle is green)

kv6MV.jpg

Demon's Souls Phantom Edition
Uncharted 2 CE
Killzone 2 CE
Persona 3 Portable PSP
Killzone 3 CE
Rule Of Rose PS2
The 3rd Birthday Twisted Edition
Dissida 012 Legacy

xRSxn.jpg

Shadow Of The Dammed
Super Street Fighter IV AE
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
L.A. Noire
No More Heroes: Heroe's Paradise
Alice: Madness Returns

f3Zrc.jpg

XPeria Play
LiveView Clock

Az4LG.jpg

Asuka Langley

ZHwCn.jpg

Love Hina ArtBook
Robot 1, 2 & 3 (The covers are made by my fav artist.)
The Art Of Resident Evil 5

6d2Xa.jpg

Miyamoto, Akagi & Busujima PVC Figures (I'm waiting 2 more figure, hope they arrive next week)
HighSchool Of The Dead BD USA Version
HighSchool Of The Dead BD's (1-6) JP Version
HighSchool Of The Dead Manga (1-6) Spanish Version
HOTD 7 Limited Edition Manga with BD OVA JP Version
HOTD 0 JP Version

2Txx1.jpg

HOTD Anime Artbook
HOTD (1-4) Full Color Edition - This is just the full color artbook size version of 1-6 b&w manga

7krXT.jpg

LOTR extended BD version
Walking Dead
Dr. Slump #12
Dr. Slump DVD Vol. 1 (1-12)
Captain Tsubasa Vol 1 (1-64)

2 pick-up months.

SonicBoom

My 1st pick up post which I finally got around to take picks and upload them...

July pick up all from Best Buy!!!!
$5 Brutal Legends, $5 Dark Void, $5 Skate 2
$15 Metro 2033
$20 Dead Rising 2
$20 for two copies of Fallout: New Vegas

some of my older pick ups in 2011 THe only two games I paid over $20 was Bulletstorm ($40 new for Gears 3 Beta and Magna Carta 2 ($23 used) all the rest are under $20 new and used

...all under $20

all under $20 except for COD 2: MW ($22 used) which I got just to play with my buddy since his Xbox 360 got stolen. Uncharted 2 GOTY got it for the map packs & extras One of the best games on PS3!

Got the Witcher for PC an awesome RPG I need to finish it before they release the Xbox 360 version.

New Favorite Energy Drink Ever FRS! Got four 4-packs for $3.00 apiece at Big Lots

OOPS! easiest way to remove those lame price stickers from Gamestop games

New Monitor a Dell SX10 21.5" 1080P using my PC got it for $210 shipped few months ago

PS3 hooked up to this baby looks wicked nice and so does my Xbox 360 via HDMI

New PC/gaming chair for the bedroom with new shoes

white = Steve Madden's my 1st pair really comfortable shoe $30 new

brown= Adio's my 1st pair and lovin' them really comfortable only $20 new

Yashica Electro 35 GSN my 1st 35mm camera

Picked this up at Goodwill for $30 still need to get a battery, film and test it out. Hope it works?!?! :D

First Pickup thread post, so it'll be June/July mixed.

Tangled was probably my favorite movie of 2010, so charming.
ZtW7r.jpg

Hand me down desk chair to replace the folding hard-chair I was using before.

vasqU.jpg

A few older game pickups. Got the MGS2 xbox version and PS2 version together at a thrift store. Both discs are great and both have the manual. The ball was like $1 and uses steamworks. And that is my second Cobalt Blue SP.

The6P.jpg

2 Old drives recycled from work. Will probably save them up for a new server down the line.

hBwj3.jpg

New shirts.

aGt4V.jpg

Used a $50 PSN gift card to pick this up. Loving it so far, wayyy more technical than almost any fighter out there these days. But I love the cast diversity.

L6dGW.jpg

Best pickup for awhile. New 42" TV. Loving the 120Hz for tv shows. Still tweaking the picture settings, but its great.

Cs1p9.jpg

tl1PN.jpg

Miscelaneous pickups from last month and very recently (the vitamins,cereal, Time's)

IjMnJ.jpg

Steam sale pickups

FzyCp.png

and a very worthwhile pre-order.

krPOd.png

Sylver

Banned
Sagitario said:
Impressions/opinions about the phone, please!
bob page, nice place!
In connectivity terms is great, it has a lot of accessories.
If you want a gaming phone this is your phone. I get many waiting times so... when you cannot play with your handheld this is the best option.
But I think XPeria Play is too big/wide and heavy to be a phone. It has the good features of Android phones - open system - I've installed the psx emus and all of them work fine.
I don't like the background system - this is my first Android phone and I've got an iphone 3GS before. I didn't known they slide when you change of page. This is something stupid but is very annoying if you want a fixed wallpaper.
You can use some animated wallpapers alla XMB style. I don't recommend it, there're a lot of cheaper, lighter and smaller smart phones.

Just finished moving now trying to get everything in order and its taking forever...Just picked there up for the house...now time to get a little something special for myself lol

Either a new Subwoofer...or a new i1 Display 3 Pro... decisions, decisions...

a5e582bb.jpg

0a125d77.jpg

a28691b9.jpg

bca0565c.jpg

96b46286.jpg

Kloroform

Neo Member
Long time lurker, first time poster. Got my account verified now. Joy! :)

My recent pick up:

Got it for 499 SEK (~$70?), brand new. Guess the big stores are cleaning up before the PS VITA gets here. Patapon was 49 SEK (~$7?). A bargain!

Sylver

Banned
eosos said:
This game any good?
Well is enjoyable at least. If you want something like PS360 games... forgive it. Gameplay is like DragonBall Advance Adventure. 2D scroll levels where you have to unlock all the characters. Don't wait for a great or solid 2D beat'em up/adventure neither 2D fighting game, just a poor mixture but if you're a Naruto fan is pretty fun.

Top Bottom