• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Mithos

Gold Member
My second DD purchase on PC.... EVER.

5rego.png

nonnocere

Pickup of my lifetime, aside from the children, of course.

Construction completed in late April, moved in shortly thereafter.

The joys of being a homeowner abound. I am starting to learn about wiring so I can work on the basement.

5921513621_1d37c5995d.jpg

nonnocere said:

The joys of being a homeowner abound. I am starting to learn about wiring so I can work on the basement.

Wow!.

Whats the average price for a house like that in the us, over in the uk something like that would cost an arm and a leg.

Loxley

nonnocere said:

That's one beautiful house, congratulations man.

jk-mox

Neo Member
StalkerUKCG said:
Whats the average price for a house like that in the us, over in the uk something like that would cost an arm and a leg.

Not my house, but I can tell you that it varies wildly based on the location.
To give you an idea, where I live, that's at least $1 million, but where my brother lives it might be $250k. Complete backwoods middle-of-nowhere countryside, it might be even less.

Edit: and yes, it's a beautiful home. Hope I have something that nice one day, regardless of location :X Congrats.

Galdelico

Summer shopping part 1 (June and early July pickups)!

summershopping.png

Hope the funky texture of my cushions

as well as SamSho Sen

won't hurt your eyes.

Gvaz

Banned
StalkerUKCG said:
Wow!.

Depending on the furnishings, land, and location, that house is probably at least a million dollars from what I see there.

FrankNitty said:
Congrats on the home.

Definitely depends on location. Seeing as there is a basement, its not on the west coast most likely
What the fuck is this? Why would the west coast not have basements?

bob page said:
This isn't really a gaming pickup, but it's the largest pickup of my life so far so I'm pretty proud of it. I graduated last December and just moved to NYC last week, finally getting my own place and 100% independent. Here's my new place:

gTF6e.jpg

Awesome bob. I bet you're enjoying life... jealous!

FrankNitty said:
Congrats on the home.

Definitely depends on location. Seeing as there is a basement, its not on the west coast most likely

My 1932 house in Seattle has a basement. Renovated it last summer, too.

bob page said:
This isn't really a gaming pickup, but it's the largest pickup of my life so far so I'm pretty proud of it. I graduated last December and just moved to NYC last week, finally getting my own place and 100% independent. Here's my new place:

http://imgur.com/gTF6e.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mhDPk.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jGcgq.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Welcome to NYC, is not as great as ppl make it out to be.

nonnocere

Thanks for all the congratulations' on the home.

We love it and are still figuring out what we're doing with it.

It only took six weeks to get internet access in the house since they had to set up transformers and lines and stuff to get into the new neighborhood!

I have to install a box in the basement for my router and phone lines so I can get DSL in all the rooms that I want with a single box as opposed to WiFi everything that isn't within ten feet of the mothership.

I won't divulge my price, but it was an arm and most of a leg. But this is my twenty to thirty year move. I don't plan on moving again in the foreseeable future.

Tabris

jk-mox said:
Not my house, but I can tell you that it varies wildly based on the location.
To give you an idea, where I live, that's at least $1 million, but where my brother lives it might be $250k. Complete backwoods middle-of-nowhere countryside, it might be even less.

Edit: and yes, it's a beautiful home. Hope I have something that nice one day, regardless of location :X Congrats.

Yeah, that would be $2 million in a decent area of Vancouver minimum, but if that's in Detroit, $200k.

sophora

My first post in these threads, yay. My pick-ups this month so far;

LQYFAl.jpg

L7jchl.jpg

Steam summer sales stuff, Fallout New Vegas from Bestbuy and some special Dunkin Donuts Strawberry Shortcake coffee. I've been wanting to try this coffee since I saw it, can't wait.

bob page

Lord-Audie said:
Welcome to NYC, is not as great as ppl make it out to be.
Thanks. I've actually found a lot of New Yorkers to be pretty spoiled by the city. It's like many people forget how shitty and dull other places around the country can be. That said, it's definitely a very exciting place and it's great not being bored for once.

ten13

Finally retired the GBA SP, on to the next obsolete hardware generation:

IRvy5.jpg

The game is DQ Heroes Rocket Slime.

Music in the cloud:

Hc5VE.png

Yes Boss!

ten13 said:
Finally retired the GBA SP, on to the next obsolete hardware generation:

IRvy5.jpg

The game is DQ Heroes Rocket Slime.

Music in the cloud:

Hc5VE.png
That Nirvana album is so classic. Best Bowie cover, ever.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I think I'm officially done with the Steam Sale. No huge purchases, as I don't want so many games that they get lost over this winter's storm of AAA releases; so instead, I got some cheapies to pass the time with.

5923020441_b1001816d9_z.jpg

5917118396_e8c3ed3823_z.jpg

5906064995_3cd9c4c8f8_z.jpg

5923584046_d65b91bddd_z.jpg

5923584268_5b5c16bd4b_z.jpg

5923019873_6faf2b813a_z.jpg

5923584606_8a723ec6b8_z.jpg

5923584790_84c4a40807_z.jpg

5893127130_ed54983aa4_z.jpg

5893126932_e7ac57b538_z.jpg

5892558941_e9a591704d_z.jpg

... and grabbed a few gift copies of KOTOR to hand out (my favorite game of all time).

5893126764_21655b29ac_z.jpg

Grabbed this during Gamestop's $30 4th of July sale:

5902952140_5bb30030c7_z.jpg

... and I'm not sure if I've yet posted my RE: Mercs or GTA purchases. Sorry if this is a repeat.

5898726907_b36f43f43b_z.jpg

5885742338_c8fe6383a1_z.jpg

bender

What time is it?
I'm going to try and buy a digital camera this month (was looking at this one: http://tinyurl.com/6jhdoek) so I can stop using my crappy iPhone camera for this pictures.

I decided to import Xenoblade since it was only $42 but needed a game to softmod my Wii so I took advantage of Best Buy's B2G1 free sale (Smash, MH: Tri /w classic controller, and RE:Mercenaries).

I also stopped by a Sears that was closing down (to become a Walmart?) and found a copy of the Persona 3 CE.

Finally, I picked up a copy of Resident Evil from Gamestop.

llMOv.jpg

Saw this sign while driving to Sears and it made me laugh:

mPw5l.jpg

I'd own Roller Coaster Tycoon on GoG if it weren't for my account being screwed up and it not allowing me to make any purchases. It was still a good day all and all.

Hellish

First post and I couldn't decide in here or in post your setup, but I might hold off on the setup one for a bit so doing it in here since July has been a big month, Picked up all 3 Consoles, not my first of either one.

PICS:
5924367718_6ac7291ccf_z.jpg

5924364774_f6d76f3212_z.jpg

5924371848_06949691f4_z.jpg

5923812075_5ddf60a2d6_z.jpg

5924369864_61c6afc9fb_z.jpg

5923809517_3da6d14b30_z.jpg

5923814793_26b35ce04f_z.jpg

Explanation:
- The Wii I was planning on getting Mario Kart Wii and then this Bundle came out for $150 and Since I had the OG Wii in White with no Motion Plus I figured it was more then worth it to sell my old white one and get the black one (Got $80 for my old one) and Since Mario Kart Wii Costs $60 only had to put in $10 for a new black Wii and new Black Wii Remote + Nun chuck over my old one. Also picked up Wii2HDMI as I use monitors and could not use component (and wanted to get rid of the powered adapter and extra cables on my desk) and a LAN Adapter as I use wired over WiFi when ever I can.

- The PS3 was free (loving the matte black over the glossy one I have, I wish the Wii was matte) (and I recommend any rogers [CANADA] customers do the same if their contract is up). There was a deal for "new customers" or customers adding a new line with voice and data if they did either they received a free PS3, How ever for existing customers with an expired contract on a month to month basis you could cancel your number and get a technically new line and you counted as a new customers and that is what I did.

- The Xbox 4GB 360 went on sale for 129.99 and the 250GB HDD for 99.99 so I thought I would pick it up

- Sennheiser HD 558 went on sale Canada Day for 124.99 from 249.99 had to pick them up, sold my PC 350's which I paid 129.99(2 years ago) for $140 so it was worth getting these, I wanted the HD 598's but I couldn't handle the white as although nice I could not handle them getting Dirty. (I also own PC 360's so I still have a dedicated headset & now headphone)

- The 3 Wavebirds I saw on kijiji from 1 seller for $30 each, I offered $50 for all 3 and he took it, I was thinking of pickup up a 4th on ebay in platinum saw 2 from the same seller for 24.99 + $5 shipping each but then the next day they were gone :(, I also haven't owned brawl this long, I either played melee or someone Else's brawl either brought here or at their place.

- The Driving Force GT I picked up for 79.99 refurbished but it is MINT was wrapped in plastic and not a mark on it, also works perfect, After using it for a day I decided to get the wheelstand pro for it as my desk was too thick but even if it fit I would not want it shaking all my stuff, and the nightstand it was being use with was not cutting it.

I am thinking about posting my setup as well today but I might hold off until I move rooms (Large Empty Bedroom above a huge newly added kitchen my parents did) as the before and after is going to be crazy as come boxing day(Canada's "Black Friday") 3D 50"-60" TV is going in, a 3rd monitor an additional Xbox 360 & PS3 (So I have 3 of each) and can play Forza 4 and GT 5 across 3 Monitors, which will also result in the need of a 360 Wheel, Fanatec if I'm feeling it or the discontinued M$ one, but probably fanatec which in turn would make me sell the DFGT + Wheelstandpro (which I had no intention of upon purchase as I did not think I want like racing sims as much as I currently do or I would have went straight for the fanatec).

EP8

Neo Member
bob page said:
Thanks. I've actually found a lot of New Yorkers to be pretty spoiled by the city. It's like many people forget how shitty and dull other places around the country can be. That said, it's definitely a very exciting place and it's great not being bored for once.

I am Brooklyn born. Left NYC for four years to see what is out there and I had to come back. There is no place I rather be.

Been ridiculously lazy in posting my pick-ups, but my valid excuse was being away at AX last week. Anyways, here goes.

From mid to the end of June:
4dda0ace.jpg

P1010160.jpg

From July (mostly from AX):
P1010263.jpg

P1010264.jpg

P1010267.jpg

abcc55b7.jpg

989095c4.jpg

Missing are a business card I got from Shane and a Durarara! poster from Aniplex. The El Shaddai posters I won at AX, the buttons/stickers/postcards were given to me after telling the people at the Ignition booth that I had played the demo prior and the little Black Bean Mameshiba was a gift from Viz. Gundam 00 and EDF are for review.

tenz0r

Nick_GTL said:
First post and I couldn't decide in here or in post your setup, but I might hold off on the setup one for a bit so doing it in here since July has been a big month, Picked up all 3 Consoles, not my first of either one.

PICS:

5923812075_5ddf60a2d6_z.jpg

Where did you get that stand for your steering wheel? And how much was it?

Hellish

Sagitario said:
Those are some nice pics, what camera did you use?
Also, how is the Wii2HDMI?

60D with the 50mm 1.8

and the Wi2HDMI is good I noticed no quality difference from my powered component to hdmi adapter, how ever I like the Wii2HDMI 10x more as it doesnt require an outlet, the component cables, and is so much smaller. On my monitors it only is HDMI, but on my Sony Bravia 46" it looks the same as the hd component cables.

tenz0r said:
Where did you get that stand for your steering wheel? And how much was it?

http://www.wheelstandpro.com/ $149 Shipping Included, but there was $25 duty at the door.

nilbog21

Banned
StalkerUKCG said:
Wow!.

lol u think ur arm and ur leg are worth that house? GOOD joke

zmet

Theonik said:
Awesome pick-up!
I'd also like to know where you got it from if you don't mind me asking.
From off of Ebay. It's still not as complete as it should be - no Gradius Advance/Galaxies/Generation soundtrack for the GBA, and it only has the soundtrack for the updated WiiWare Gradius Rebirth.

Theonik

zmet said:
From off of Ebay. It's still not as complete as it should be - no Gradius Advance/Galaxies/Generation soundtrack for the GBA, and it only has the soundtrack for the updated WiiWare Gradius Rebirth.
Still 434 tracks isn't so bad but yeah if they are going to call it "Ultimate Collection" it should be complete.
OT: I'm going to make my first proper post in this thread as soon as some stuff i have ordered arrive. Should be sometime this week :)

LordCanti

kanugo said:
dsc04199h.jpg

First time reader. Preparing myself to A Dance with Dragons.

Every time I see a picture like this, my heart jumps a beat, and I wonder how people are getting the fifth book early. Then I remember that ASOS got split into two books in some countries.

T-Minus less than a day. Amazon has already shipped out my order I think. Going to be a long five years waiting for the next book.

My body is ready.

krae_man

Haven't posted in a while:
DSCN2344.jpg

Thanks to the Canada post Strike, it took forever for me to finally get this in the mail:
DSCN2341.jpg

I've been looking for a copy of Store keepers for a couple years now and I managed to find one and its' complete:
DSCN2342.jpg

The rest of the stuff I already own(the Screen on this one is busted anyway), but I got the game I wanted for a price I was willing to pay so whatever.

bob page

EP8 said:
I am Brooklyn born. Left NYC for four years to see what is out there and I had to come back. There is no place I rather be.
Yeah, I lived in BK last summer and missed the city a lot once my internship ended. Now that I'm back, I plan to be here for quite some time. I'm sure the city gets on everyone's nerves once and a while, but so does every place in one way or another. I'd much rather be here.

Top Bottom