• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

today's pickups:

m3IAal.jpg

kikori

Neo Member
celcius said:
^^Nice cans, how do you like them?
I got them after scouring GAF for recommendations for closed cans, and I think they sound fantastic -- or at least the few hours of L.A. Noire that I've played with them so far did. They're super comfortable and the extra-long cable is a nice plus. They don't completely block out all outside noise though, but that's okay by me.

moop2000 said:
Not even going to touch that one... :)

Kunohara

Jarmel said:
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3973/illium.jpg[/IMG

Awww yea[/QUOTE]

I'm just curious how long it took for you to get that? I live in Canada, and ordered something from the Bioware store, and it has been 3 weeks, and I still can't even track the fucking thing. Is this normal?

Dizzy-4U

I bought this a few months ago over the phone and finally it arrived yesterday!

12 years waiting for this moment. 12 fricking years! This is the best purchase I've ever done.

Rm512.png

Jarmel

Banned
Kunohara said:
I'm just curious how long it took for you to get that? I live in Canada, and ordered something from the Bioware store, and it has been 3 weeks, and I still can't even track the fucking thing. Is this normal?

Mine wasn't from the store, they sold out a long time ago. Give them a call. Their customer service isn't bad.

GQman2121

Banned
Is there something wrong with the 360 version of Catherine? Everyone seems to be picking the game up on the PS3. I honestly haven't been keeping tabs on it, though it does interest me.

GQman2121 said:
Is there something wrong with the 360 version of Catherine? Everyone seems to be picking the game up on the PS3. I honestly haven't been keeping tabs on it, though it does interest me.
Triple version looks a bit better, yeah.

My very first figure. Never wanted to spend the money on a figure but I finally saw a One Piece P.O.P. in stock and decided to go with it. Not sure I'll be buying any more or at least any in the near future but I like it. Perona's probably one of my favorite non-Strawhats.

u8fzp.jpg

Also picked up my first Lego minifig today. Probably just stick with the one as well. Not bad getting one from my favorite sport on my first go. Wouldn't have minded the hazmat suit guy either.

JErEs.png

And picked up this little guy before my blackout dates started at Islands of Adventure this year. Really sucks that my friends and I couldn't go in before the final movie. But at least he still smells like chocolate almost a month later!

EvXp7.png

daffy

Banned
Dizzy-4U said:

12 years waiting for this moment. 12 fricking years! This is the best purchase I've ever done.

Rm512.png
Congratulations.

Tarin02543

Dizzy-4U said:

Rm512.png

Wow, that show better be worth it.

Dizzy-4U said:

Rm512.png

got to see them at the Wiltern last year here in Los Angeles and it was AMAZING. enjoy!

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
A few cheap pickups! :)

Got Dirt 3 for filling out some foreign survey for AMD. Can't be a free new release!

5980303715_253475e679_z.jpg

And they sent me another freebie key for some reason! :p Worked out a deal with a member on another forum to trade it for Batman AA GOTY, which is on sale today. That way we both "win".

5980863058_5fb81855d8_z.jpg

I highly encourage EVERYONE to support the indie developers behind the Humble Indie Bundle #3. Five fantastic games for whatever donation you feel most comfortable with. Anywhere from a penny to $100+. While you can be a cheapass, I implore anyone who takes advantage of this to pay at least the average, which hovers around $3-$4. I bought four bundles. One for $10 for myself. And three for $3.51 - the "average" donation amount at the time I purchased. This supports indie developers, charity, and DRM-free gaming.

Here's a free code for the first person who read through all of my babbling :D EMB95-3TVFF-56WVZ It will work if you "activate a product" on Steam. Enjoy!

5980303787_3de13345e8_z.jpg

And finally... this isn't really a purchase. But I want to show off. :cool:

5980863078_3a614d843b.jpg

Kunohara

Jarmel said:
Mine wasn't from the store, they sold out a long time ago. Give them a call. Their customer service isn't bad.

I emailed them actually. Found out the items come from the States. I thought it would come from Canada, where Bioware is from. They said it would take 2-4 weeks to cross the border. That seems like a long time just to ship something.

vitacola

Last pick ups of the month (at least the wallet hopes so):

Metroid: Other M - loved the gameplay videos and what I played at a friend. Was only 15€ at MediaMarkt.
CTLa3.jpg

Sakura Wars: So long my Love - finally found for a reasonable price.
dWbls.jpg

Humble Bundle #3 - loved the other 3. Steam-free, yay!
a2fMQ.jpg

P.S.: How I hate the USK logo ...
P.P.S.: Damn you, you Catherine owners. Need to get a PS3 until the PAL release :D

Lopson

Neo Member
GM68o.jpg

SDuLz.jpg

My beautiful Saber Summer version finally arrived! Sorry for the poor image quality, but my cellphone's digital camera is mediocre at best. Please note that the second image has been touched up in Photoshop, so that's not an indicator of my camera's quality.

So here are a few of my favorite things I got from comic con, not including the cool shirts and autographed posters I got:
Some thing from the Tekken room, not sure what it is. Maybe some tin card or something. Maybe Markman can clear it up for me.
IMG_6593-1.jpg

IMG_6588-1.jpg

IMG_6584-1.jpg

THUNDER CATS!
IMG_6589-1.jpg

And this next one needs the back story. Capcom was holding a contest everyday in the Asura's Wrath scream box. People scream in a box and a computer rates their scream from a scale from 1-100. The highest scream of the day gets to choose any item from the Capcom store that they want for free. In the case of a tie they raffled between the top scorers. So me, my brother, and my girlfriend line up, just to play for fun and get some free Asura's Wrath swag. My brother got 90 and I got 94. MY girlfriend steps in and gets 100. There's already about 10 people who got 100 so she gets put into the raffle. We continue walking around and 30 minutes before Comic Con ends she gets a text saying she won. They didn't have any arcade sticks left so we decided it's better if she just got the most expensive thing so she got the $375 Ryu statue. #26 of 200. She has no place for it at her house, so I get to keep it at mine :]

IMG_6563-1.jpg

The bottom:
IMG_6573-1.jpg

IMG_6575-1.jpg

With LEDs on:
IMG_6576-1.jpg

IMG_6579-1.jpg

Bought a new Macbook Air last week. Replaced my old 11,6" Air with a brand new 13,3". Loving every minute I use it. Didn't expect such a huge speed benefit from the new i5 cpus and double the ram. Best upgrade I've ever made.

bvkcsxcjxreqvmz4i.jpg

I also bought a Windows Phone 7 (LG e900 Optimus 7) for a mere 175€ branded but unlocked. Replaced my iPhone 3GS with it. I'm not sure yet if it's going to be until the iPhone 5 comes out or if WP7 is going to stay. I really like what Microsoft delivered with the OS and basically every app I need exists on this device. If it wasn't for IE as the only browser, it would be perfect.

bvkcwhlvdzmlkz32q.jpg

The picture is rotated. I have no idea how to tell Lion to store the mirrored image... :(

7kT7C.jpg

Caught the Amazon Yakuza 4 deal.

Purchased this on kidrobot and then literally right after that read in this thread about getting them on ebay individually. Then tried but Kidrobot wouldn't cancel the order.

Got my order... opened it and ..... fuuuu.gif

ANOTHER CHUN. If anyone wants to trade please hit me up. Seriously.

johnjohnson said:
The picture is rotated. I have no idea how to tell Lion to store the mirrored image... :(

In Photo Booth? There's a option up in the menu bar for that. I'm at work so I'm stuck on Windows. Otherwise I'd tell you exactly where it is.

Gvaz

Banned
AkIRA_22 said:
The supremely beautiful Fractal Design ARC. It's got loads of fan mounts, all are both 120mm or 140mm (which I have filled with fractal 140mm) and even an off set space for a 240mm rad up top.

Here is a great video review

[IG]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-xavdxtzra78/TigimZMknZI/AAAAAAAAAQI/uxLZ2U82inw/s1024/DSC_0138.JPG[/IMG]

[IM]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-2saskgyqIzY/TigjlRGFMlI/AAAAAAAAAQM/qjeVZWcER5s/s1024/DSC_0140.JPG[/IMG]

You can get it Here in Australia and Here in the USA

How loud is it with all those fans? Even watercooled and with two graphics cards, three large fans plus the power supply it must be loud as hell. I love that case's design but if it's louder than say like a quiet vacuum cleaner it's too loud.

AbsoluteZero said:
In Photo Booth? There's a option up in the menu bar for that. I'm at work so I'm stuck on Windows. Otherwise I'd tell you exactly where it is.

Thank you! Didn't know there was such an option. This is awesome! I was trying to flip the image in Preview.app, but while it shows the image correctly, it stores it in the unflipped version that obviously only OSX knows how to handle.

Top Bottom