• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Chopper said:
The Kidrobot one? Are you looking at a different ebay?
Are you looking at a different NeoGAF?

He's talking about the statue that someone posted half a dozen pics of, 2 posts above his.

johnjohnson said:
bvkcwhlvdzmlkz32q.jpg

The picture is rotated. I have no idea how to tell Lion to store the mirrored image... :(
Don't use white as background, it will drain your battery. Black is soooooo much better :)

Darkkn

This weeks pickups:

Inspired by upcoming Spielberg movie, i decided to pick up a Tintin comic and it's pretty awesome! Totally see why they are making movie based on this property.
Exited to watch GitS SAC 2nd gig box-set after great first season. Also cheapo bluray pickups.

.la1n

Dizzy-4U said:
Thanks guys. This is the first time they come here and I've been dreaming about seeing them live since forever :).

Everyone's taste will vary but when I was able to see them I thought they put on an amazing show and I think you will walk away very happy.

Since I took a picture anyway (and only recently got it):
IMG_4320.jpg

No such thing as Elite membership for Europeans, I had the points saved up* to buy it so why not?
*-btw, thats way more than the platinum requirement would be but I didn't see anything I like on EU Club Nintendo for the near future
and have more than a few thousand stars worth unused anyway

filipe

froliq said:
Picked up a new netbook 2days ago.

ca1TY.jpg

I have this one, most people like to call them "notbooks", well better and faster then most netbooks on the market. Too bad the cover is a finger-print magnet.

ToyBroker

Banned
Lopson said:
My beautiful Saber Summer version finally arrived! Sorry for the poor image quality, but my cellphone's digital camera is mediocre at best. Please note that the second image has been touched up in Photoshop, so that's not an indicator of my camera's quality.

I'm not hating, I promise. But I've always been curious as to why some of you guys buy stuff like this? Especially the ones that cost hundreds of dollars.

ToyBroker said:
I'm not hating, I promise. But I've always been curious as to why some of you guys buy stuff like this? Especially the ones that cost hundreds of dollars.

I'll be honest, it sort of weirds me out too, especially the ones that are almost naked. I guess if you like it, why the hell not?

Zafir

The_Monk said:
Way of the Samurai 3 (with Artbook?)
You have to register the game on Rising Star Games' site to get the artbook(It's a pdf). I bought that game just the other week, funnily enough.

Theonik

ToyBroker said:
Lots of money to burn and they are neat. Nice to look at especially when you have lots of them.

The_Monk

Zafir said:
You have to register the game on Rising Star Games' site to get the artbook(It's a pdf). I bought that game just the other week, funnily enough.

Ha, I just notice that right now. Thank you for letting me know anyway :)

My Xbox is ready

YySrO.jpg

Slowly making my way up to better amps and headsets. Right off the bat, this combo is better in every way than headsets made specifically for consoles (that I've tested anyway) :p and no annoying hiss!

Professional Model S. It's really wonderful. I have been using a Saitek Eclipse for a while, I dropped $130 on the Black Widow Ultimate two weeks ago but both of the ones I tried had defects so I said das it is which should of been my first choice to begin with. Returning the Black Widow today. I had about two weeks with the Black Widow, the quality and feel is really different, at least I think so. Also the das sounds a bit quieter but, just a bit.
011-5.jpg

012-2.jpg

B.K.

The rest of the stuff I got this month.

czY41.jpg

You can't blame me if XSEED cancels Trails in the Sky Second Chapter and Final Chapter.

ScSgC.jpg

I'd been looking for those movies for a few months and couldn't find them. I didn't know the special edition DVDs were discontinued. I had the movies on VHS back in the 90s, but I've never had the DVDs.

3htqP.jpg

I got those two at a Borders that's closing. I would have waited for the sale to get better, but I was afraid someone else would get them first. When I was at the store last week, they also had the Mega Man Official Complete Works. I wanted to get it when I went back a few days ago, but it was gone. I wish they'd had Udon's Valkyria book.

B.K. said:
3htqP.jpg

I got those two at a Borders that's closing. I would have waited for the sale to get better, but I was afraid someone else would get them first. When I was at the store last week, they also had the Mega Man Official Complete Works. I wanted to get it when I went back a few days ago, but it was gone. I wish they'd had Udon's Valkyria book.
How much were they at Borders? Are they in the strategy guide section?

B.K.

Big Papa Husker said:
How much were they at Borders? Are they in the strategy guide section?

No. They were back in the manga section. They were listed at $39.99 each, but manga is 20% off, so they both registered $31.99 each. I REALLY wish they still had the Mega Man book. That thing's out of print and hard to find now. Even on Amazon, it's selling for $90.

AkIRA_22

Gvaz said:
How loud is it with all those fans? Even watercooled and with two graphics cards, three large fans plus the power supply it must be loud as hell. I love that case's design but if it's louder than say like a quiet vacuum cleaner it's too loud.

All the fans are 140mm plus they are only spinning at either 600rpm or 1000rpm. together that means it whisper quiet. The only thing that makes a noise is the GPUs at full load (which is rare). The water cooling is quiet. i have the 600rpm fans up top and the 1000rpm fans in the front and rear.

2- Calvary Raid-1 External Hard Drives
4- 2TB WesternDigital Green 7200rpm Hard drives
(Love me some redundancy)

And I ordered a new 11" Macbook Air that should be here tomorrow.

93528cc6.jpg

froliq

CoachKevin said:
Thoughts and impressions?

I am thinking of going with either the HP or the 11" Air.
I've only sticked to PCs all my life and this my first laptop. Don't really have something to compare it to and I might not have the greatest impressions. All other things I saw or touched was in the store.

First of all the keyboard feels great. I'm having a hard time switching back to my PCs keyboard. Typing is a real joy on this thing and the keys are nicely big. A big shift, enter and backspace are a huge plus. The trackpad/touchpad on the other hand is not so good. It just doesn't feel very responsive to me and the buttons that they kinda built in to it feel weird. The buttons will definately need some getting used to I guess. The screen is fine and does its job. 11,6" screen gets a 1366x768 resolution which is neat for watching shows and movies. I'm having no issues watching 720p stuff in fullscreen, no stuttering, even when fast forwarding or jumping to another point. I feel that the sound quality of the speakers is really good, exceeding my expectations atleast. Sure, it's not comparable to a proper speaker set, but for a built in one in a netbook at this pricerange, I'm very satisfied with it.

It's pretty powerful for a netbook, running with a dual core and a HD6310. Also having a 7200rpm HDD inside it. Giving you more ways of entertainment thanks to its specs. It can play some old games and indie games very well. Shatter and Audiosurf had no problems and it was able to run Guild Wars and Team Fortress 2. Battery life is fine I suppose, will try this soon on the go. So far it looks like I got a good 5-6hours with it when doing all kinds of things on it.

Very satisfied with it so far, many of my postive points will surely be featured on the Air aswell. Sadly that one was out of my pricerange, I like what I saw from it. It's probably also even more powerful than mine. Quote below also reminded me that the cover is a finger print magnet which is a shame.

filipe said:
I have this one, most people like to call them "notbooks", well better and faster then most netbooks on the market. Too bad the cover is a finger-print magnet.
I suppose they can call it that since it's pretty powerful compared to the average netbook. I still like to refer it as a netbook though because of its size and that it includes no optical drive. But it can indeed handle more stuff instead of only using it for the "net". And yes that cover :(

B.K. said:
No. They were back in the manga section. They were listed at $39.99 each, but manga is 20% off, so they both registered $31.99 each. I REALLY wish they still had the Mega Man book. That thing's out of print and hard to find now. Even on Amazon, it's selling for $90.
I cannot believe it, I bought the Mega Man Complete Art Book back in November for 25 bucks and now its going for RIDICULOUS prices. Makes me feel special having something so rare now haha.

robot

RoryDropkick said:
2011-07-27184318.jpg

I finally got this for a decent price after a few years of searching :)
I love that book - took me awhile to one get too. Did yours come with the poster set? I had them all framed and hung up, awesome stuff.

15553c65.jpg

Avengers Assemble!

Been buying way too many arcade boards lately. Also got Sunset Riders, Sengoku Blade, Bloody Roar and In the Hunt. Good times, addicting hobby!

Special J

Banned
johnjohnson said:
Bought a new Macbook Air last week. Replaced my old 11,6" Air with a brand new 13,3". Loving every minute I use it. Didn't expect such a huge speed benefit from the new i5 cpus and double the ram. Best upgrade I've ever made.

bvkcsxcjxreqvmz4i.jpg

I also bought a Windows Phone 7 (LG e900 Optimus 7) for a mere 175€ branded but unlocked. Replaced my iPhone 3GS with it. I'm not sure yet if it's going to be until the iPhone 5 comes out or if WP7 is going to stay. I really like what Microsoft delivered with the OS and basically every app I need exists on this device. If it wasn't for IE as the only browser, it would be perfect.

bvkcwhlvdzmlkz32q.jpg

The picture is rotated. I have no idea how to tell Lion to store the mirrored image... :(

surprised you went crossplatform. typically ppl who get apple do tend to stick exclusive. nice to see diversity :)

thebeeks

Banned
Dizzy-4U said:
I bought this a few months ago over the phone and finally it arrived yesterday!

12 years waiting for this moment. 12 fricking years! This is the best purchase I've ever done.

Rm512.png

BEYOND jealous. They completely skipped over Texas in their NA tour last year.

At this rate it would be easier for me to drive down to the Mexico City concert.

Dizzy-4U said:
I bought this a few months ago over the phone and finally it arrived yesterday!

12 years waiting for this moment. 12 fricking years! This is the best purchase I've ever done.

Rm512.png

Saw them last year and tempted to go to the mexico show.

Chopper

Shig said:
Are you looking at a different NeoGAF?

He's talking about the statue that someone posted half a dozen pics of, 2 posts above his.
Sorry. I'm viewing on tthe iphone app layout with images disabled. Just seen it. It's amazing.

Top Bottom