• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Lucent

Yeah, of all the things to change/add in the new show, they added a third toe. I don't really care personally, though I find it an odd thing to mess with.

The figures themselves are great, nice sculpt, solid articulation, I'm pleased with them.

Maybe they wanted to even it out like how humans have five fingers and five toes. I kinda always figured that they had two toes because it looked more like ninja boots. lol.

But yeah, they look nice. How much were they?

Het_Nkik

Bought this Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 Deluxe Pack. Can't even play it since this one's not fan translated yet haha. Mario RPG is just there for a size comparison.

h5NKt.jpg

4fOPr.jpg

Yay, no more sponge on a stick.

DSC06447.jpg

DSC06443.jpg

The stars finally aligned and I was able to pick one of these up. Now I can carry my games with me CIB. I intended to buy one for years, but I could never justify ordering it.

DSC06444.jpg

AndyboyH

Neo Member
Recent gets for me:
V9jJT.jpg

Nice t-shirt from work

PJhCe.jpg

21 Jump Street, Airport Express (dual band), cheap 32Gb Class10 SD card, and Kingdoms of Amalur. 3 of those 4 things were under £20 each.

Sorry about the picture quality, apparently the new iPad's camera is still not worth a damn.

Going to Home Hardware today to get dryer tubing (in the video that's what the "If it's 79 cents a foot" bit was about). I'm not going to leave it in his cage though, just in case he decides to chew on it or something. It'll be just for supervised play.

Sounds perfect!

My Girlfriend freaked the fuck out when I showed her that Hedgehog video, nearly went into some kind of cuteness coma.

Didnt know you could have them as pets, are they like miniture ones or do they grow to be like rabbit size+?

Where did you get that logic case thing?

The same place I got the stylus: Amazon. Between about 1990 and 1995, you couldn't walk through a major retail store's disc accessory isle without tripping over these things. They were everywhere.

Amazon is one of the few places you can still regularly find them. Case Logic also makes a 60 case holder, but it's twice the size of this one and a bit bulky. The Fry's Electronics down the street from my apt actually carries those for $20 (Amazon has em' for a bit more). So if you need something larger and live near one of their locations, you may want to check it out.

Case Logic also made a 15 case holders, but those have been delisted they no longer make them. I wish I could find one, because they are great quick-carry cases for gatherings or light travel in general.

I spy a Hyper Duel in there! Awesome game that deserves good protection like the case you bought.

Definitely. Some of those clear cases are holding some US long box rarities. I try to keep my disc based retro games in standard jewel cases. The original cases are stored elsewhere. My wife tried to convince me to transfer my retro collection to a jumbo, sleeved style case a couple of years ago. I told her she was nuts if she thought my rarities were going anywhere near one of those things.

Leonsito

The same place I got the stylus: Amazon. Between about 1990 and 1995, you couldn't walk through a major retail store's disc accessory isle without tripping over these things. They were everywhere.

Amazon is one of the few places you can still regularly find them. Case Logic also makes a 60 case holder, but it's twice the size of this one and a bit bulky. The Fry's Electronics down the street from my apt actually carries those for $20 (Amazon has em' for a bit more). So if you need something larger and live near one of their locations, you may want to check it out.

Case Logic also made a 15 case holders, but those have been delisted they no longer make them. I wish I could find one, because they are great quick-carry cases for gatherings or light travel in general.

Thanks, I needed a couple of them!

Gameboy415

Bought this Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 Deluxe Pack. Can't even play it since this one's not fan translated yet haha. Mario RPG is just there for a size comparison.

Very nice!!

That's one of the few first-party Nintendo games I'll probably never own due to the fact that the cheapest I ever saw it (in Japan) was ~$400. :(

mblitek

My Girlfriend freaked the fuck out when I showed her that Hedgehog video, nearly went into some kind of cuteness coma.

Didnt know you could have them as pets, are they like miniture ones or do they grow to be like rabbit size+?

Hahaha, I loved that. I'm not sure if there are miniature breeds but the one I've seen are all definitely smaller than a rabbit.

Has your girlfriend seen baby ferrets? Ferrets are hilarious pets but they need washing as they have a very odd body odour. But they're full of fun and love being played with.

Etzer

First pick-up post!
Got Doctor Lautrec and Rhythm Thief. Both are very good. :D

Also got a 60GB PS3 for $50 on eBay. It was listed for parts, wouldn't read discs and overheated a lot. Apparently all it needed was some thermal paste and a clean laser lens (so. much. dust.).

Long time lurker and this will be my first post in the Pick-Up thread, :)

Went to gamestop to get this (4.99)
P1010140.jpg

And walked out with this
P1010139.jpg

Very pleasant surprise when I got home.

Yeah, I'm sure they didn't even bother to look. lol

At first I thought you were going to be pissed about getting a greatest hits copy.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Finally, the GC component cables are finally MINE!

Holy shit its pricy.

Yeah, they're expensive... but they're the absolute best way to play 'Cube games. The Wii's output, even over component, is absolutely atrocious by comparison.

lolz my friend went to gamestop to buy persona 1 on psp, and they gave him the persona 1 case, but it had the persona 3 portable UMD inside. I told him he got away with a much better game and deal, the difference in price at the time was like 20 bucks.

tha_devil

Hi Guys, i got a very VERY big update. My personal highlights are, assassins creed press kit, and metal gear solid 4 press kit.

All batman variants g2 steelbooks.
0lweGl.jpg

Dragon Age origins big tin - SCIV g2 steelbook (rare) - kens rage fist of northstar steelbook
5sqJpl.jpg

Dead island stickerbook - Resident Evil ORC steelbook edition - Uncharted 3 promo
Gx4csl.jpg

Prince of Persia press kit with amazing painting and litograph.
0evUDl.jpg

Not one but TWO metal gear solid 4 tins :D
neNERl.jpg

Metal gear solid 4 press kit
signed by Hideo Kojima (creator and director of Metal Gear saga), Yoji Shinkawa, (illustrator and art director of the saga), Kenichiro Imazumi (producer of Kojima Productions) and Yumi Kikuchi (voice actress mgs4).
YEtppl.jpg

Skate press kit (front is awsome, is skateboard finish, very cool).
RvOaal.jpg

3S5Fql.jpg

Fairy Tales Fights and MVC press kit (including steelbook and ps3 promo disk)
ZFJ5Kl.jpg

Enslaved press kit, signed by Andy Serkis (voice actor), the head of the studio and illustrator of the game.
wTcy8l.jpg

8rBBel.jpg

Resident Evil revelantions 3ds and Saints Row g1 stickerbook
O6fwIl.jpg

Prototype press kit, with t-shirt, hoody. Some very cool posters inside and the comic book
CSbHIl.jpg

Some shirts
WpfFll.jpg

Resident Evil operations raccoon city press kit
xFSL5l.jpg

Metal Gear solid 2 artbook - signed by Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa. I will sell this one, maybe someone can shed some light on the value of this.
Fq8DJl.jpg

f8gOOl.jpg

Playstation allstars coins- very cool
MlU4El.jpg

4RzDNl.jpg

Transformers fall of cybertron press kit
UZz9sl.jpg

Splatterhouse shoes, and mcv 3d poster
n4muJl.jpg

Splatterhouse press kit incl. replica mask
PaapSl.jpg

Beatles Rockband press kit
6QnGkl.jpg

Dark Souls press kit incl. ps3 promo
67cVhl.jpg

Ace combat press kit
2PsZzl.jpg

Assassins Creed press kit
FTNowl.jpg

Killzone limited helghast edition (1000 pieces limited, with glowing eyes)
rnvX4l.jpg

06wqXl.jpg

Two worlds 2 royal edition
o7zU5l.jpg

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
First post in one of these threads, but I was really pleased to find this in my local newsagents.

dscf5274.jpg

dscf5289u.jpg

Brick

Hi Guys, i got a very VERY big update. My personal highlights are, assassins creed press kit, and metal gear solid 4 press kit.

Metal gear solid 4 press kit
signed by Hideo Kojima (creator and director of Metal Gear saga), Yoji Shinkawa, (illustrator and art director of the saga), Kenichiro Imazumi (producer of Kojima Productions) and Yumi Kikuchi (voice actress mgs4).
YEtppl.jpg

Oh man, that's awesome. Nice pickup. Where'd you pick up all these press kits? Ebay?

Chairhome

Finally upgraded my mytouch 3g slide and my wife's Samsung Galaxy S to two HTC One S's. They were on sale for $99 each (2yr upgrade), which made it easier to swallow than the $330 upfront t-mobile wanted for one SGS3. I love it so far. Also got Rohan at the Louvre, by Hirohiko Araki of Jojo's fame, after seeing someone else pick it up on this thread :-D.

(sorry about the sideways pics)
Cowboy Bebop Remix Complete. Got it for a good price on ebay (about $23). Been wanting this after watching Kids on the Slope and picking up Samurai Champloo.

And apparently, I like reading about various "men".

I need that Adventure Time/Avengers mashup print so hard D:

Agree with you, its awesome!

Thanks! It's actually the size of a postcard - I had zoomed in on the print to get a better shot of it - and was the last that the artist was selling at her artist table at AX.

I think I have her business card with my stuff, but am not totally sure.

And yes, the print was too good to pass up. It was really a 'shut up and take my money' moment when I saw it.

Top Bottom