• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Yes Boss!

Got a Telugu/Tamil care package from Bhavani DVD. Good for the soul:

P1010647.jpg

And on the final day of July, heres my stuff:

With all the stuff about Kof12 I found this at blockbuster for $4.99, just gonna add it to the collection, dont plan on playing it much
3775850523_6314f806af.jpg

Also, was at Costco today and found out they had a bunch of great deals on DVD's 15-20 that were only $5, so I picked up Last King of Scotland, Master and Commander, and also Harry Potter's 2-4(those were 7.79). Plan on going back soon to pick up some other ones, great deals, they also had some "collections" of 3 movies for 8.47 and 4 movies for 9.99!

3776655014_0b96f5c796.jpg

DeVeAn

donkey show said:
That's correct. I just work about 2 miles north of it so it's an easy drive, plus the owner is a friend of mine so he hooks it up. Had to rock Albertos since it was in the area, too. :lol
I am 2 hrs. away from this store. Would it be worth a drive to check it out?

3142zgn.jpg

Rock Band Country Track Pack,
Slumdog Millionaire on Blu-ray,
X-Men: Dark Phoenix Saga,
CDs free from work:
Steve Martin's "The Crow,"
Pilot Speed's "Wooden Bones."

Also, I hate my digital camera. I hope to get it replaced soon.

DeVeAn said:
I am 2 hrs. away from this store. Would it be worth a drive to check it out?
If you like import stuff, no doubt. They also have a ton of goodies such as Nintendo plushies galore, video game sodas, and other imported knick-knacks.

Also, the Kuro CC Pro is so fucking awesome I had to buy a white one. Even the wifey agreed with me in regards to its awesomeness.

2009julypickups10.jpg

We drove back to the store after I got back home from work to get it. :lol

I'll do some full impressions later on, but this is seriously the controller you wish they came out with a loooooooooooooong time ago. It's probably their best (standard) controller ever.

Gameboy415

Picked up a few more cool things this past week:
0907Misc.jpg

-Family Computer 1983-1994 Complete Photo Collection - Saw it on a GAF pick-up thread a few months back and finally tracked down a copy for myself! :D
-Kingdom Hearts II manga #3 - Finally found it used and read it and #4 in one day. #5 should be out in August.
-Slime Mori Mori #2 manga - A bit beat up, but only 100円. I now have the full set (1-3).
-りりむキッス (Lillum's Kiss) #1-2 manga - A friend said it was funny and I like the art so I picked em up.
-Sony portable speakers - Got these free from a friend who's leaving Japan next week. They work great with my DSi!
-SEGA Master System - Michael Jackson's Moonwalker - Pretty sure this is the Euro version as it has about 8 different languages on the back. Odd to find this here in Japan!
-妖怪100物語 (100 Yokai Story) - A hardcover picture/storybook about yokai. Very cool art and it was cheap.
-ポコニャン (Poko-Nyan)
- A really old kids' manga. I got the Super Famicom game a few months back and wanted to check out the original subject matter.

I suppose that's it for July (seeing how it's already August 1st here in Japan, haha), but I have two packages on the way so I'll be sure to post the contents in the August thread. :D

Spiderjericho said:

My new TV!!

I might return it and get the KRP-500M, since it supposedly has superior performance.

Make sure to pick up a calibration disc so you can get everything out of that tv. I've got a 42" Tosh, and I'm still jealous:D .

HNI_0034.jpg

I heard that Web of Shadows was good for cheap and I've been on an open world kick lately. Also, it was $7.50 at best buy and I had a $10 reward zone. Vesperia is my attempt at re-enjoying JRPGs. It will probably not succeed, but it was cheap too, and getting harder to find.

HNI_0033.jpg

Did the two essentials for free $15 itunes card. I've never really listened to much of MJ's music but the Maiden CD I've listened to my roomate's copy a ton, felt it was time to actually buy it, it's what got me into maiden.

HNI_0035.jpg

NOOOO, THE COVER

HNI_0036.jpg

A half price books trip - the magazines were $.50 - good bathroom reading fodder.
I wanted to read the Road after some podcast compared it to fallout, Oprah's Book Club or not.

cjdunn

Deep Discount / HighDefDigest sale.
jul1609.jpg

Replacement for the sleeve I lost. :/
jul1709.jpg

Amazon sale
jul1809.jpg

So now, I'm part of the casual peripherals problem, right?
jul1909.jpg

jul2009.jpg

JosM88 said:
Make sure to pick up a calibration disc so you can get everything out of that tv. I've got a 42" Tosh, and I'm still jealous:D .

I have the Avia calibration disc and will probably apply the D-Nice settings after the break in.

And cjdunn, good look on your video game work out routine. Looks like you're getting serious.

fvfj15.jpg

July pickups...

Killer7
Ikaruga
Super Monkey Ball
Moonlight Syndrome
Super Mario 64 DS
Mario Kart DS
Tingle's Balloon Fight DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Monkey Ball DS
Metroid Zero Mission

Also got an MX518 mouse and the Club Nintendo Game and Watch DS collection.

not sure if this should be included in July or Aug but my new things

25txny0.jpg

Some KOFs for DC, Cap vs SNK2, some neo geo carts - KOFXII, Fatal Fury etc etc

Jal

First pick-up post!, i think this is the reason i signed up actually, because i love these threads so much:D

Macbook Pro 13"
2lurqio.jpg

Bioshock, Soul Calibur, Dead Space.
29zbf3p.jpg

Sirolf

Spiderjericho said:

My new TV!!

I might return it and get the KRP-500M, since it supposedly has superior performance.

I have the KRP-500 and it's pure madness!!
Lots and lots of settings,be warned!! :)

tturunen

Neo Member
dark_chris said:
tturunen said:
I want that mario plush. Is it part of that or did u get it seperate?

All those plush I´ve got year-or two ago (from play-asia).
Got some okey game with that Wii, like Mario tennis, Trauma Center, Naruto, One Piece, and some others. Mostly time Naruto is inside.

witness

Aug1128-1.jpg

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Metal Gear Solid 4
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
inFamous
Resistance Fall of Man
Resistance 2
Shadow Wireless Controller

Not Pictured: Refurbed PS3 from Sony (got a used one in may and the ethernet adapter never worked plus freeze issues). Never posted in one of these threads before so half of the games are june pickups.

Intentor

Neo Member
dsc00756q.jpg

Odin Sphere for PS2.

What a nice game! I'm very very impressed with the overall graphical quality. Even being a 480i game, the PS3 upscaling to 1080p is simply AWESOME. The game looks gorgeous, with smooth graphics (comparing it to BlazBlue, it looks much more beautiful on my TV) .

[PS3 has some lack of great JRPGs, so it's quite common to back to the old PS2 to play the classics...]

Intentor said:
Odin Sphere for PS2.

What a nice game! I'm very very impressed with the overall graphical quality. Even being a 480i game, the PS3 upscaling to 1080p is simply AWESOME. The game looks gorgeous, with smooth graphics (comparing it to BlazBlue, it looks much more beautiful on my TV) .

[PS3 has some lack of great JRPGs, so it's quite common to back to the old PS2 to play the classics...]

Good choice...But I had to stop playing because of the slowdown. I got to the last boss of Gwendolyn's story and it was too rampant to continue. Shame because it is a unique and well-crafted JRPG

DeVeAn

donkey show said:
If you like import stuff, no doubt. They also have a ton of goodies such as Nintendo plushies galore, video game sodas, and other imported knick-knacks.

Also, the Kuro CC Pro is so fucking awesome I had to buy a white one. Even the wifey agreed with me in regards to its awesomeness.

2009julypickups10.jpg

We drove back to the store after I got back home from work to get it. :lol

I'll do some full impressions later on, but this is seriously the controller you wish they came out with a loooooooooooooong time ago. It's probably their best (standard) controller ever.
Damn, I would go broke in that store. Gotta take a trip soon. lol.

-PXG-

Okay.

But what about that PS3 bundle? I haven't heard ANYTHING about that. Then again, I haven't been in my store/ seen the store informer in a few days...

-PXG- said:
Okay.

But what about that PS3 bundle? I haven't heard ANYTHING about that. Then again, I haven't been in my store/ seen the store informer in a few days...

It's a Best Buy bundle. I heard about it a couple weeks ago.

Ronin

-PXG- said:
Okay.

I think thats a Best Buy bundle.

JSnake

-PXG- said:
Okay.

Best Buy bundle. I got the same one this month. I can't open it until my birthday though. :'(

JSnake said:
Best Buy bundle. I got the same one this month. I can't open it until my birthday though. :'(

What? That sucks massively.

I'm assuming you didn't buy it? Because I'd be ripping that thing open the day I got it if I payed for it. :lol

JSnake

VGChampion said:
What? That sucks massively.

I'm assuming you didn't buy it? Because I'd be ripping that thing open the day I got it if I payed for it. :lol

Correct, I didn't buy it. My dad bought it for me as a birthday present and my mom is getting me a few more games to go with it. Oh well, only a month and a half to go.

HUELEN10

JSnake said:
Correct, I didn't buy it. My dad bought it for me. Oh well, only a month and a half to go.
Raincheck...
;_;

Though it is not what I would have preferred, not that it matters, I hope you enjoy your PS3 JSnake!

Top Bottom