• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

chewydogg said:
eli2.jpg

Got this July 2nd.

you should have waited. I heard there's gonna be a price drop next month.

PartTimeNinja09

Neo Member
My copies for Persona 3: FES and Mirror's Edge came in today!

Photo_073009_001.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic. I couldn't find my camera and I had to use my cell phone.

Both amazing games and Mirror's Edge was a steal at $6.

ngower

Picked up Wii Sports Resort and Mario Galaxy to add to my Wii purchase from yesterday. Can't be arsed to take pics, but I'm sure you all know what the covers look like.

JEKKI

whoo! let's close the month out with an anti-pickup!!

my car got broken into!!

my door is busted and cant lock, sum dood finally decided to walk in and raid my glove compartment.

I got a spare pair of glasses, my MP3 player, and the faceplate to my stereo deck jacked.

seriously, who the fukk steals just the faceplate and not the actual deck itself?!?!

and he also left all my loose change intact!!

wtf, I dont even have the honor of getting robbed by a competent thief, that's what pisses me off the most.

anyway, the 3 items are easily replaceable so no big deal, but since I cant lock my car it's bound to happen again... I think I should pick me up a new car now...

dark_chris

tturunen said:
My first Pick-Up Post, and cheating already :)

The cheating picture:
From our Manga Cafe (owners: my gf and me):
wii.jpg

We didnt pick that up, Nintendo Finland did bring that to us :)

And some personal stuff:
heinakuunostot.jpg

Dragon quest wii was under 10euros, and ds games both were under 14euros.

I want that mario plush. Is it part of that or did u get it seperate?

ngower said:
Picked up Wii Sports Resort and Mario Galaxy to add to my Wii purchase from yesterday. Can't be arsed to take pics, but I'm sure you all know what the covers look like.

:lol :lol

Not really the point of the thread.

I'll be rounding up my stuff today for pics. Now that it's the end of July, no more pickups this month. Definitely bought more online stuff than I usually do.

Ghostmate

Neo Member
100_5248.jpg

I posted this in the 2-wheel OT thread, but I'm just so damn in love with it that you guys have to suffer too. I just want you to know what I'm about.

Okay, my pickups. Pretty sure I got em all besides the books I bought. I buy way too many a month that I forget when I pickup what. :lol

iPod Touch is old but I bought Myst and Dr. Awesome on it.
CIMG3348.jpg

CIMG3365.jpg

CIMG3363.jpg

CIMG3364.jpg

CIMG3362.jpg

CIMG3361.jpg

and bringing up the rear, my favorite downloaded game so far
CIMG3360.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Leonsito said:
It's never late to pickup this games:
IMG_2163.jpg
Oh yeah baby, you'll be getting some pretty fucking decent experience from these three games. Mirrors Edge is awesome. CoD4 is more awesome and Dead Space is the awesomest awesome ever.

Enjoy!

neoism

ErnieMcCracken said:
It's just a D40. Not rolling w/ a D3x or 5D here (though I wish!). Just trying to make the items a little more "visible". :D
Could you post the image info please. I have a D40 also! LOL I just now looked at this thread, and said Goddamn that camera must be expensive, I go to the next page... D40 lol:D :D :D :D

Ghostmate

Neo Member
Alivor said:
^That is an awesome looking bike. What size engine is on that?

Thanks. Its a 2006 GSX-R 600 with some mods to make it both a street/track bike. I can't wait to get me some more alone time with it.

Picked this up on my lunch break today...

2009julypickups09.JPG

A Kuro Wiimote, Nunchuck, and MH3 Tri with Kuro CC Pro. And some good 'ol Albertos. :D

I took a peek at the black plastic of the Wii-mote and holy shit is it the shiniest and cleanest looking black I've seen in a video game peripheral. This stuff is quality.

enewtabie

donkey show said:
I'd have to take a shit now if you still wanna check it out. =P

BTW, it was a beef taco (lol) with an enchilada. Sooooooooooo good and unhealthy. :lol

The black Wii Components look so good. Even the box art for the console is pretty damn good.

Yes Boss!

donkey show said:
Picked this up on my lunch break today...

2009julypickups09.JPG

A Kuro Wiimote, Nunchuck, and MH3 Tri with Kuro CC Pro. And some good 'ol Albertos. :D

I took a peek at the black plastic of the Wii-mote and holy shit is it the shiniest and cleanest looking black I've seen in a video game peripheral. This stuff is quality.

Need a high-quality pic of the Kuro Classic Controller Pro, please! Good to hear about the plastic...that bodes well for the Kuro Wii. None of that crappy, scratchy shit that Sony used for the PS3 hopefully.

Yes Boss! said:
Need a high-quality pic of the Kuro Classic Controller Pro, please! Good to hear about the plastic...that bodes well for the Kuro Wii. None of that crappy, scratchy shit that Sony used for the PS3 hopefully.
I'll take proper pics with my D70 when I get home from work. Even then, you really have to see it in person. Personally, I think it trumps the semi-translucent black of the old PS3s.

For those of you who are getting the Kuro Wii bundle, y'all are in for a treat. :D

DUDE, I just ordered a black CC Pro! Give us a hands-on man!

Will do! I'll rock some VC games and some SFII and put it through the test.

Yes Boss!

donkey show said:
I'll take proper pics with my D70 when I get home from work. Even then, you really have to see it in person. Personally, I think it trumps the semi-translucent black of the old PS3s.

For those of you who are getting the Kuro Wii bundle, y'all are in for a treat. :D

Sweet, impressions too! I've got a bundle arriving from NCS but it is gonna be a long, painful week for it to UPS across the country.

Where did you get your goods? From Japan Video Game in Temple City perhaps?

Yes Boss! said:
Sweet, impressions too! I've got a bundle arriving from NCS but it is gonna be a long, painful week for it to UPS across the country.

Where did you get your goods? From Japan Video Game in Temple City perhaps?
That's correct. I just work about 2 miles north of it so it's an easy drive, plus the owner is a friend of mine so he hooks it up. Had to rock Albertos since it was in the area, too. :lol

Yes Boss!

donkey show said:
That's correct. I just work about 2 miles north of it so it's an easy drive, plus the owner is a friend of mine so he hooks it up. Had to rock Albertos since it was in the area, too. :lol

I still need to check the store out. I drive by it a few times each week. No good import shops in Orange County anymore (that I know of) since everything in Costa Mesa has seemingly closed over the last two decades.

Yes Boss! said:
I still need to check the store out. I drive by it a few times each week. No good import shops in Orange County anymore (that I know of) since everything in Costa Mesa has seemingly closed over the last two decades.
Isn't it closer to go to Hyper Game? Then again, you have to drive up the 405... =/ I used to live in Costa Mesa on Bristol near that Marukai market back when I went to UCI. Wish I knew about the import stores back then... but maybe it was probably better that I didn't. :lol

HUELEN10

Donkey show, be sure to test it out with Brawl! Seeing as how all the shoulders are now completely digital, I believe this would make this hands-down the best controller for that game.

Yes Boss!

donkey show said:
Isn't it closer to go to Hyper Game? Then again, you have to drive up the 405... =/ I used to live in Costa Mesa on Bristol near that Marukai market back when I went to UCI. Wish I knew about the import stores back then... but maybe it was probably better that I didn't. :lol

Costa Mesa was hoping with import shops in the late eighties to mid-nineties. I remember I used to do card shows at the Red Lion then spend a wad of cash the same day...memories.

Hyper Game is west side if I'm not mistaken. Never go to Santa Monica area anymore since I go to school at CSULA now and see all my movie at the Arclight.

Top Bottom